This day on November 29
None

Happy Birthday To: Lew19, Houndtown, aheadby1, rwilford, Lucky Luc 20, onintwo, Gimmetrades

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » Winnipeg Jets to Require Proof of Vaccination
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Winnipeg Jets to Require Proof of Vaccination [message #791082]
Wed, 11 August 2021 16:13 Go to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

3 Cups

Winnipeg Jets are the first team to require proof of vaccination for attendance to games in 2021-2022. Masks will also be required... for children under 12 ineligible for the vaccine, they will have to only wear masks.

Arena employees and event staff are also required to show proof of vaccination.

The Jets plan to operate at full capacity with these safety restrictions in place.

https://www.canadalifecentre.ca/guest-services/2021-22-faqs/

Will be interesting to see if other Canadian clubs adopt similar policies. Good for the Jets.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Winnipeg Jets to Require Proof of Vaccination [message #791083 is a reply to message #791082 ]
Wed, 11 August 2021 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pseudoreality  is currently offline Pseudoreality

No Cups

Good for them. It would be nice if the Oilers follow. This should be standard for any large gathering as long as the virus is still in circulation.

Re: Winnipeg Jets to Require Proof of Vaccination [message #791096 is a reply to message #791083 ]
Wed, 11 August 2021 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Pseudoreality wrote on Wed, 11 August 2021 16:19

Good for them. It would be nice if the Oilers follow. This should be standard for any large gathering as long as the virus is still in circulation.

I am going to guess that the Flames and Oilers will be out of step with the rest of the Canadian teams on this. Not wanting to ruffle feathers with the provincial government and create more issues for the party that the owners of both most likely support, the teams will just quietly avoid talking about this as long as they can, before saying they can't do it because there isn't going to be Alberta vaccination cards or some other weak excuse.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks #FireTheGretzkys #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland

Re: Winnipeg Jets to Require Proof of Vaccination [message #791101 is a reply to message #791096 ]
Thu, 12 August 2021 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 11 August 2021 17:33

I am going to guess that the Flames and Oilers will be out of step with the rest of the Canadian teams on this. Not wanting to ruffle feathers with the provincial government and create more issues for the party that the owners of both most likely support, the teams will just quietly avoid talking about this as long as they can, before saying they can't do it because there isn't going to be Alberta vaccination cards or some other weak excuse.

This would be my guess as well. Either way the two teams are gonna catch heat any way they go.

What are the two football teams doing in this regard?

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Winnipeg Jets to Require Proof of Vaccination [message #791119 is a reply to message #791101 ]
Thu, 12 August 2021 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

6 Cups

nullterm wrote on Thu, 12 August 2021 02:18

Adam wrote on Wed, 11 August 2021 17:33

This would be my guess as well. Either way the two teams are gonna catch heat any way they go.

What are the two football teams doing in this regard?

Playing in open air stadiums?

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Winnipeg Jets to Require Proof of Vaccination [message #791121 is a reply to message #791096 ]
Thu, 12 August 2021 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 11 August 2021 18:33

Flames and Oilers would have people picketing outside the arena if they did anything. People seem to think a lot of things are "their right" to do when in reality, it's a privilege.

Re: Winnipeg Jets to Require Proof of Vaccination [message #791178 is a reply to message #791121 ]
Sat, 14 August 2021 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Reports the Oilers are considering vaccination requirement. I wonder if they are spreading the word they are thinking about it to see what the scale of the backlash would be.
https://edmonton.citynews.ca/2021/08/14/edmonton-oilers-proo f-vaccination-fans-season/

Re: Winnipeg Jets to Require Proof of Vaccination [message #791182 is a reply to message #791178 ]
Sun, 15 August 2021 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

nullterm wrote on Sat, 14 August 2021 20:57

Reports the Oilers are considering vaccination requirement. I wonder if they are spreading the word they are thinking about it to see what the scale of the backlash would be.
https://edmonton.citynews.ca/2021/08/14/edmonton-oilers-proo f-vaccination-fans-season/

Guaranteed. The Oilers LOVE to take the temperature of everything by leaking.

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks #FireTheGretzkys #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland

Re: Winnipeg Jets to Require Proof of Vaccination [message #791287 is a reply to message #791182 ]
Wed, 18 August 2021 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Sun, 15 August 2021 22:29

I should clarify, they only take metaphorical temperatures. I don't expect them to check temperatures of people entering the rink...

Re: Winnipeg Jets to Require Proof of Vaccination [message #791351 is a reply to message #791287 ]
Fri, 20 August 2021 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 18 August 2021 17:56

I should clarify, they only take metaphorical temperatures. I don't expect them to check temperatures of people entering the rink...

"Hello sir, this is a covid check, could you please bend over and drop your drawers."

Re: Winnipeg Jets to Require Proof of Vaccination [message #791352 is a reply to message #791351 ]
Fri, 20 August 2021 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

nullterm wrote on Fri, 20 August 2021 13:45

"Hello sir, this is a covid check, could you please bend over and drop your drawers."

That only happens in China.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-s-diplomats-china-subje cted-anal-swab-testing-covid-19-n1258844

For now.

This is fine.

Re: Winnipeg Jets to Require Proof of Vaccination [message #791359 is a reply to message #791352 ]
Fri, 20 August 2021 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 20 August 2021 15:00

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-s-diplomats-china-subje cted-anal-swab-testing-covid-19-n1258844

For now.

Rapid test anal probe needs to be a thing for the unvaccinated :)

Just a special chair with an opening in the middle you sit on for a couple seconds. In a sound proof booth of course.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Winnipeg Jets to Require Proof of Vaccination [message #791391 is a reply to message #791359 ]
Mon, 23 August 2021 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

2 Cups

Calgary Flames, Stampeders also will require proof of vaccination.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/vaccine-mandate-flame s-stampeders-csec-1.6150459

Re: Winnipeg Jets to Require Proof of Vaccination [message #791401 is a reply to message #791359 ]
Tue, 24 August 2021 02:09 Go to previous message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 20 August 2021 16:37

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 20 August 2021 15:00

For now.

Rapid test anal probe needs to be a thing for the unvaccinated :)

Just a special chair with an opening in the middle you sit on for a couple seconds. In a sound proof booth of course.

On a positive test result...

Re: Winnipeg Jets to Require Proof of Vaccination [message #791091 is a reply to message #791082 ]
Wed, 11 August 2021 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Interesting. I’m surprised they will require all fans to wear a mask for the game, with allowances to drink and eat.

Guess they’ve never seen a guy like me at the game. Guzzling and crushing popcorn nonstop. I’d likely be maskless aside from waiting for a urinal or concessions.

Re: Winnipeg Jets to Require Proof of Vaccination [message #791266 is a reply to message #791082 ]
Wed, 18 August 2021 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

3 Cups

Sounds like Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment (Leafs, Raptors) are following Winnipeg's example.

Previous Topic:Sportsnet NHL 2021-22 Broadcast Schedule
Next Topic:Arizona is in deep doo doo
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2021.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca