This day on November 29
None

Happy Birthday To: Lew19, Houndtown, aheadby1, rwilford, Lucky Luc 20, onintwo, Gimmetrades

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins...Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789801]
Wed, 21 July 2021 18:19 Go to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Quote:

Mark Spector
@SportsnetSpec

If you believe the Oilers need to be all in while Connor McDavid is in his prime, then you can’t complain about the contract the Oilers are set to offer Zach Hyman.
No matter how ugly it looks.

Are the Oilers once again trying to soften up the market for what's about to happen?

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks #FireTheGretzkys #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789802 is a reply to message #789801 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 18:19

Quote:

Mark Spector
@SportsnetSpec

If you believe the Oilers need to be all in while Connor McDavid is in his prime, then you can’t complain about the contract the Oilers are set to offer Zach Hyman.
No matter how ugly it looks.

Are the Oilers once again trying to soften up the market for what's about to happen?

Lol, we've been going all in every year. Exceeding the cap over and over. Can't complain this time though, because we finally got some cap space and now we're using it all again! ALL IN BABY!

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789804 is a reply to message #789802 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sinfulchimp306  is currently offline sinfulchimp306

No Cups

Here we go, giving hyman the rumored six per year that hes looking for means theres gotta be a trade/buyout or both coming as well no?

Formerly gagnerisgod.

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789806 is a reply to message #789804 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

5 Cups

sinfulchimp306 wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 17:31

Here we go, giving hyman the rumored six per year that hes looking for means theres gotta be a trade/buyout or both coming as well no?

David Clarkson

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789809 is a reply to message #789806 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

6 Cups

nullterm wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 18:43

David Clarkson

Franz Nielsen

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789810 is a reply to message #789806 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

6 Cups

nullterm wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 17:43

David Clarkson

Exactly, this smells like Clarkson all over.
I remember Clarkson had GM's make appointments to fly in to see him at his agents office..
With all his past injuries, he's a busted Hyman.

Hope they get out bid by Calgary again.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789814 is a reply to message #789810 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilslick492  is currently offline oilslick492

No Cups

... busted Hymen.... lol sounds like my high school girlfriend

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789820 is a reply to message #789814 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
travgwhite  is currently offline travgwhite

No Cups

Keith - No salary retained
Larson - Walks for nothing leaving big hole
Hyman - Signs 8 year contract over 4.5. Give up draft pick.

What could go wrong? Great start to a season we thought we had money to upgrade. Holland better pull off a miracle or the run him out of town chants won't take long with fans in the stands.

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789825 is a reply to message #789814 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

oilslick492 wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 19:51

... busted Hymen.... lol sounds like my high school girlfriend

You sound like the Flames, after you stole my girlfriend. I was the second fiddle multiple times. Calgary can have both Markstrom and Hyman.

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789830 is a reply to message #789801 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Quote:

@kevin_mcgran
Hearing Zach Hyman close to deal in EDM ... "It's in the Leafs corner."

If we end up giving a draft pick... eek.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789831 is a reply to message #789830 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 19:51

Quote:

@kevin_mcgran

Yeah.. like why, everyone else has the same opportunity to talk to him, if he's picking you its because your offer ids better and he wants to go to your team, why pay up a draft pick, wait until he's UFA.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789832 is a reply to message #789830 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 20:51

Quote:

@kevin_mcgran

So desperate to get that 8th year to win a bidding war with other stupid teams? Or is it Hyman that told us that he's so excited with what we're building here he is happy to allow us to give him the 8th year.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789833 is a reply to message #789832 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 21:14

Quote:

@kevin_mcgran

So desperate to get that 8th year to win a bidding war with other stupid teams? Or is it Hyman that told us that he's so excited with what we're building here he is happy to allow us to give him the 8th year.

From what I’ve seen/read;
6 years will be 6M AAV
7 years will be 5.5M AAV
8 years will be 5.125M AAV

So, pay a draft pick to get two additional years and a break shy of 900K on cap?

Even for a Duncan Keith trade fan, that’s rich.

This said, yes, Hyman brings an element to the Oilers top 6 that they don’t have currently. But my goodness. Hasn’t been a poster boy of health. Was a late bloomer. Plays a style that generally sees a sharp drop off in effectiveness in the early thirties...

I’ll cheer for him. He’ll have one hell of an opportunity here... he does fill a hole.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 July 2021 21:23]

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789834 is a reply to message #789833 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 20:18

Quote:

@kevin_mcgran

6 years will be 6M AAV
7 years will be 5.5M AAV

So, pay a draft pick to get two additional years and a break shy of 900K on cap?

This said, yes, Hyman brings an element to the Oilers top 6 that they don’t have currently. But my goodness. Hasn’t been a poster boy of health. Was a late bloomer. Plays a style that generally sees a sharp drop off in effectiveness in the early thirties...

I’ll cheer for him. He’ll have one hell of an opportunity here... he does fill a hole.

He fills a hole for 2 years.. then its 6x5.125 of wasted cap ..

Holland just go to sleep on this one man, wanna help? .. don't help.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789835 is a reply to message #789834 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 20:50

Quote:

@kevin_mcgran

6 years will be 6M AAV
7 years will be 5.5M AAV

I've been positive/neutral on Holland so far, but this is idiotically bad. Trying to fit in with his predecessors?

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789836 is a reply to message #789835 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

nullterm wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 21:53

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 20:50

Quote:

@kevin_mcgran

6 years will be 6M AAV
7 years will be 5.5M AAV

I've been positive/neutral on Holland so far, but this is idiotically bad. Trying to fit in with his predecessors?

The plan is that there is no plan. Getting an instant boner and paying whatever Chicago wants for 38 year old Keith at 5.5M the second you find out Keith wants to move to western Canada. So desperate for Hyman you're paying the Leafs to give him the 8th year to trade.

There was never a plan. Buggers are winging it and doing all the lazy crap that barely any other team would think is a good idea. Imagine paying a guy 5M a year for this crap GMing.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 July 2021 21:59]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789843 is a reply to message #789836 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

1 Cup

I’ll be an Oilers fan until my last breath. I’d sooner quit watching hockey forever than buy another team’s jersey, let alone switching allegiance. I’ll always try give management the benefit of the doubt until proven to be undeserved.

I’m fine with signing Hyman for something like 5.5x5. Anything x 6 years is dicey. 7 or 8 years might be the sign that someone has some sort of cognitive or mental health issue - and I’m saying that truthfully, not to diminish the severity of deteriorating cognitive conditions or mental health struggles. There is no possible justification for it. None. If that’s “what it takes”, you walk away - and the inability to see that is honestly troubling through an actual health-of-the-person-making-the-deal lens.

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789844 is a reply to message #789843 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skoobz wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 22:17

I’ll be an Oilers fan until my last breath. I’d sooner quit watching hockey forever than buy another team’s jersey, let alone switching allegiance. I’ll always try give management the benefit of the doubt until proven to be undeserved.

I’m fine with signing Hyman for something like 5.5x5. Anything x 6 years is dicey. 7 or 8 years might be the sign that someone has some sort of cognitive or mental health issue - and I’m saying that truthfully, not to diminish the severity of deteriorating cognitive conditions or mental health struggles. There is no possible justification for it. None. If that’s “what it takes”, you walk away - and the inability to see that is honestly troubling through an actual health-of-the-person-making-the-deal lens.

If that happens, do you think it's maybe because Holland doesn't give a damn what happens here 5+ years from now, because it likely isn't his problem no matter what way you slice it? He's 65 now, 66 in November. Even if he's not fired for gross incompetence, is he likely to work well in to his 70s?

Maybe he's figuring to hell with the future - just scramble to see what he can do now.

I'd be somewhat in favour of that if it felt like there was a plan. I really don't think there's much of one though. Just scrambling around, with zero sense as to why they're doing anything. Their scouting sucks and is all nepotism hires, and they won't trust or listen to any analytics people so we're stuck with just random chasing after any shiny object instead.

I'm with you on cheering for other teams. I'll never do it. But the Oilers are a constant source of disappointment. It can be so much fun when they're good, and they've got building blocks that others would be so jealous of - and yet we can't stop tripping over our feet.

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks #FireTheGretzkys #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789849 is a reply to message #789844 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

1 Cup

You might be right - totally could be his version of “all-in”. It could also be his version of “IDGAF”. Or most frighteningly, his version of “why are my underpants on outside my pants?” And Hyman COULD be part of an all-in push, but there really doesn’t seem to be any unifying concept to any of this - YET, at least.

I guess the only positive is that the compressed off-season should really condense any doubt into two weeks of hell or a stunning recovery from an awful start. Oh yeah, and cabin time. Surely there will be cabin time.

https://i.gifer.com/E4KO.gif

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789855 is a reply to message #789844 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 21:24

I'd be somewhat in favour of that if it felt like there was a plan. I really don't think there's much of one though. Just scrambling around, with zero sense as to why they're doing anything. Their scouting sucks and is all nepotism hires, and they won't trust or listen to any analytics people so we're stuck with just random chasing after any shiny object instead.

This is by far the most frustrating part. If this team had any sort of plan, they would have 5 or 6 guys identified as targets(eg. Blake Coleman, should have been in on Jared McCann, etc.), And if a guy like Hyman prices himself out of what makes sense, then you move on to the next guy and use the extra money on finding a legitimate goalie (what is the plan there exactly?).

But instead, like you said, they chase a shiny object and will blow up their entire cap to make sure they land that guy and potentially even give up assets (if the rumors are true, or in the case of the Keith trade), that they absolutely do not need to be giving up. And Hyman is a good player that would help the Oilers, but not at any price/term, that's insane - there are other options.

I do also find it interesting, and it's probably got something to do with the Toronto factor, that there seems to be all this smoke around Zach Hyman, but really nothing happening around guys like Coleman or Saad. Coleman has won back-to-back Cups Holland, you can't put a price on that!

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789859 is a reply to message #789855 ]
Thu, 22 July 2021 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Goose wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 23:44

Adam wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 21:24

This is by far the most frustrating part. If this team had any sort of plan, they would have 5 or 6 guys identified as targets(eg. Blake Coleman, should have been in on Jared McCann, etc.), And if a guy like Hyman prices himself out of what makes sense, then you move on to the next guy and use the extra money on finding a legitimate goalie (what is the plan there exactly?).

But instead, like you said, they chase a shiny object and will blow up their entire cap to make sure they land that guy and potentially even give up assets (if the rumors are true, or in the case of the Keith trade), that they absolutely do not need to be giving up. And Hyman is a good player that would help the Oilers, but not at any price/term, that's insane - there are other options.

I do also find it interesting, and it's probably got something to do with the Toronto factor, that there seems to be all this smoke around Zach Hyman, but really nothing happening around guys like Coleman or Saad. Coleman has won back-to-back Cups Holland, you can't put a price on that!

Watch Toronto being in Coleman without Hyman now... or Calgary with all their cap space.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789838 is a reply to message #789801 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Maybe this good Ol’ Berta Banger will make his wife pull a Mrs Clarkson?

Ps. Loving this thunder and lighting show right now

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789850 is a reply to message #789801 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

2 Cups

This is Lucic visiting the city all over again.

Clean house or bust

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789861 is a reply to message #789801 ]
Thu, 22 July 2021 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

2 Cups

Ahhh I see how Kenny is working - knows that this will actually open up cap space as soon as Hyman hits LTIR.

4D Chess my friends

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789862 is a reply to message #789801 ]
Thu, 22 July 2021 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

2 Cups

There is no way the guy who signed the disastrous 7 year Justin Abdelkader contract would do it again right?

Right…

Clean house or bust

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789865 is a reply to message #789862 ]
Thu, 22 July 2021 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Thu, 22 July 2021 08:13

There is no way the guy who signed the disastrous 7 year Justin Abdelkader contract would do it again right?

Right…

Right now, I'm a little concerned about what Holland gives up just so that he can get Hyman secured a couple of days early. MacTavish gave up a third round pick for Nikita Nikitin...

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789866 is a reply to message #789865 ]
Thu, 22 July 2021 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

4 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 22 July 2021 11:41

Right…

Right now, I'm a little concerned about what Holland gives up just so that he can get Hyman secured a couple of days early. MacTavish gave up a third round pick for Nikita Nikitin...

And we can't use our 2nd or 3rd, so 1st rounder it is I guess...

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789870 is a reply to message #789866 ]
Thu, 22 July 2021 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

2 Cups

Mike wrote on Thu, 22 July 2021 08:03

This feels inevitable

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789871 is a reply to message #789870 ]
Thu, 22 July 2021 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Goose wrote on Thu, 22 July 2021 09:32

This feels inevitable

It’ll be the Pittsburgh 6th rounder this Saturday

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789872 is a reply to message #789871 ]
Thu, 22 July 2021 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 22 July 2021 09:36

This feels inevitable

Hush. Don’t kill our anxieties. It’s my only constant.

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789873 is a reply to message #789872 ]
Thu, 22 July 2021 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 22 July 2021 09:38

This feels inevitable

Hush. Don’t kill our anxieties. It’s my only constant.

Go check my post in the Hot Oil Summer thread if you want to carry that anxiety forward haha

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789879 is a reply to message #789871 ]
Thu, 22 July 2021 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

This feels inevitable

Future Tweets:

Rishaug: "Rumour is that the Maple Leafs have asked for Bear and a pick for Hyman on an 8-year deal."

Spector: "Oilers said to have examined 6th and 7th round picks plus a prospect for Hyman."

Announcement: "The Oilers trade a 1st round pick and Dmitri Samorukov for Hyman."

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789882 is a reply to message #789866 ]
Thu, 22 July 2021 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Thu, 22 July 2021 09:03

Right…

2023 3rd. , upgrades to 2nd if we win 2 rounds. Upgrades to 1st if we win 3 rounds, also give our 1st in 2022 if we win the cup

That's ok. We will be happy if we win so much we give away all our picks for 2 years. rock

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789883 is a reply to message #789882 ]
Thu, 22 July 2021 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 22 July 2021 10:33

Right…

2023 3rd. , upgrades to 2nd if we win 2 rounds. Upgrades to 1st if we win 3 rounds, also give our 1st in 2022 if we win the cup

That's ok. We will be happy if we win so much we give away all our picks for 2 years. rock

It saves so much time if you don't have to worry about amateur scouting!

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789884 is a reply to message #789883 ]
Thu, 22 July 2021 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 22 July 2021 13:36

Right…

Money too. Don't need to pay all those scouts. Saves money to hire someone's nephew to be equipment manager or something.

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789889 is a reply to message #789884 ]
Thu, 22 July 2021 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Thu, 22 July 2021 10:37

Right…

Money too. Don't need to pay all those scouts. Saves money to hire someone's nephew to be equipment manager or something.

Datsyuk (6th round pick) and Zetterberg (7th round pick) say hi to you guys. We don't need any sinking 2nd and 3rd round picks. Or 1sts if it meant we won a cup!

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789893 is a reply to message #789889 ]
Thu, 22 July 2021 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 22 July 2021 11:10

Mike wrote on Thu, 22 July 2021 10:37

Right…

Datsyuk (6th round pick) and Zetterberg (7th round pick) say hi to you guys. We don't need any sinking 2nd and 3rd round picks. Or 1sts if it meant we won a cup!

We're definitely running out of trading chips there:

2021 - 2nd, 3rd, 5th gone
2022 - 2nd (can't move), 3rd gone, 4th gone

That's a big hole considering we're a team that hasn't "gone for it".

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789896 is a reply to message #789801 ]
Thu, 22 July 2021 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC

and then there’s Zach Hyman. If TOR desires a draft pick, could be done today at 8 years. If not, 7 years when free agency opens. Either way, should come in around $40M….

lol what happened to GM's being bros? Toronto is trying to squeeze us for more compensation for the sign and trade? This seems in stark contract to us kissing Bowman's ass.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789903 is a reply to message #789896 ]
Thu, 22 July 2021 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

$40M one way or another? Oh god. That doesn't sound good. Clarkson 2.0.

Re: Zach Hyman - the hard sell begins... [message #789922 is a reply to message #789903 ]
Thu, 22 July 2021 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Thu, 22 July 2021 11:27

$40M one way or another? Oh god. That doesn't sound good. Clarkson 2.0.

One question - if you're Hyman and being offered $40MM for 7 years or $40MM for 8 years, why would you want the extra year? What's the value? You may or may not be able to get another contract at the end of this one, but if your take home is the same, I think I'd want to gamble on the 8th year, because if I even make league minimum then, I'm still better off.

Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Buyout deadline
Next Topic:Mike Smith 2x2
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2021.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca