This day on December 6
Acquired: Fredrik Olausson (1993)
Departed: Geoff Smith (1993)

Happy Birthday To: Walsh86, Kurri17, RaffiTorresFan14, RaffiTime, dongretzky99, thebaron, southsideoilers

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » NHL Media
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 NHL Media [message #789625]
Tue, 20 July 2021 19:27 Go to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

6 Cups

OMFG, Cassie Campbell wins "Sports Analyst" of the year!!!! rofl lmao rofl lmao rofl lmao rofl

https://twitter.com/SportsnetPR/status/1417626369832456194?s =20

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Send a private message to this user  

Re: NHL Media [message #789626 is a reply to message #789625 ]
Tue, 20 July 2021 19:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 20 July 2021 19:27

OMFG, Cassie Campbell wins "Sports Analyst" of the year!!!! rofl lmao rofl lmao rofl lmao rofl

Congrats to Cassie! I’m thrilled that your fantastic season as a hockey analyst has led to a much deserved promotion to a network we’re not likely to see at all. We will miss you, just as we did Mike Milbury and Pierre Maguire when they were pulled to American networks.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: NHL Media [message #789637 is a reply to message #789626 ]
Tue, 20 July 2021 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 20 July 2021 18:37

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 20 July 2021 19:27

Congrats to Cassie! I’m thrilled that your fantastic season as a hockey analyst has led to a much deserved promotion to a network we’re not likely to see at all. We will miss you, just as we did Mike Milbury and Pierre Maguire when they were pulled to American networks.

Hah. I still don't mind Maguire, I enjoyed having the oddball in broadcasts and interviews to throw in whatever wackiness to make the broadcasts less bland and boring.

Milbury even had his head scratching but funny moments.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: NHL Media [message #789627 is a reply to message #789625 ]
Tue, 20 July 2021 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

2 Cups

Wow. Truly mind blowing. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I honestly believe she is not that good at her job. Well unless the Flames are playing.

Re: NHL Media [message #789628 is a reply to message #789625 ]
Tue, 20 July 2021 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Sportsnet PR @SportsnetPR

We're rolling out the red carpet Star-struckConfetti ball

Congratulations to @IceSinghHNIC for winning the #CdnScreenAward for Best Sports PxP Announcer for @HkyNightPunjabi Ice hockey stick and puckPartying face We're so proud of you!

#CdnScreenAwards | #CdnScreenAwardWinner | @TheCdnAcademy

And Singh takes the award for play by play? Why even make these clownish awards?

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: NHL Media [message #789630 is a reply to message #789628 ]
Tue, 20 July 2021 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 20 July 2021 20:40

Congratulations to @IceSinghHNIC for winning the #CdnScreenAward for Best Sports PxP Announcer for @HkyNightPunjabi Ice hockey stick and puckPartying face We're so proud of you!

And Singh takes the award for play by play? Why even make these clownish awards?

She was up against Ray Ferraro, Buck Martinez, and Kevin Bieksa. That means it was both for in game analysts (Ferraro, Martinez) and studio analysts (Bieksa). Really is just puzzling and looks like it was a diversity award.

And I can't say anything different about the play-by-play award. Harnarayan Singh beat out Chris Cuthbert, Dan Shulman, and Mark Lee. Cuthbert and Shulman are two of the finest play-by-play people on the planet. The only way it makes sense is they picked him because of his skin colour.

Re: NHL Media [message #789631 is a reply to message #789628 ]
Tue, 20 July 2021 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

We're just handing out awards like candy now!

Congrats Kr55 - you're the Oilfans Exceptional Poster of the Year!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/21/World_Cup_of_Hockey.jpg/220px-World_Cup_of_Hockey.jpg

You get the 1996 World Cup Trophy! This trophy is unique among hockey hardware, in that it was only ever awarded once! For some reason, it created an 8-year gap before another World Cup was played, at which time they decided to go with some strange piece of plastic as a replacement! The good news is that we wouldn't stick you with some weird tupperware trophy (besides, it will apparently be used again sometime, while yours is completely irrelevant now!)

Given the American team that won the thing, I can only assume that the trophy is in rough shape. You may want to wear gloves when you handle it...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: NHL Media [message #789632 is a reply to message #789631 ]
Tue, 20 July 2021 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 20 July 2021 21:18

We're just handing out awards like candy now!

Congrats Kr55 - you're the Oilfans Exceptional Poster of the Year!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/21/World_Cup_of_Hockey.jpg/220px-World_Cup_of_Hockey.jpg

You get the 1996 World Cup Trophy! This trophy is unique among hockey hardware, in that it was only ever awarded once! For some reason, it created an 8-year gap before another World Cup was played, at which time they decided to go with some strange piece of plastic as a replacement! The good news is that we wouldn't stick you with some weird tupperware trophy (besides, it will apparently be used again sometime, while yours is completely irrelevant now!)

Given the American team that won the thing, I can only assume that the trophy is in rough shape. You may want to wear gloves when you handle it...

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: NHL Media [message #789633 is a reply to message #789632 ]
Tue, 20 July 2021 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

2 Cups

This is a throwback to the OFPOD.

Re: NHL Media [message #789634 is a reply to message #789628 ]
Tue, 20 July 2021 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 20 July 2021 19:40

Holy crap man, that's even funnier, the two absolute worst in the business each get an award, for being the "Best" at what they do.. rofl Singh especially, they slide him in for one abbreviated season, sounds like a student they pulled fresh out of NAIT doing Ookpik games, and he's crowned king of of Canadian NHL PxP ... hilarity.
Without realizing it, who ever created the award just made it a meaningless one.
Looks like we'll be stuck with these "Award Winning" media fixtures until they retire now.. OR .. until Sportsnet loses out in the bidding to TSN after their contract is up... then we can get rid of McLean and Hrudey as well.. oh please ... 🙏🏻

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: NHL Media [message #789636 is a reply to message #789634 ]
Tue, 20 July 2021 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 20 July 2021 21:56

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 20 July 2021 19:40

Holy crap man, that's even funnier, the two absolute worst in the business each get an award, for being the "Best" at what they do.. rofl Singh especially, they slide him in for one abbreviated season, sounds like a student they pulled fresh out of NAIT doing Ookpik games, and he's crowned king of of Canadian NHL PxP ... hilarity.
Without realizing it, who ever created the award just made it a meaningless one.
Looks like we'll be stuck with these "Award Winning" media fixtures until they retire now.. OR .. until Sportsnet loses out in the bidding to TSN after their contract is up... then we can get rid of McLean and Hrudey as well.. oh please ... 🙏🏻

Singh definitely improved through the season, but holy frick that's giving an award to the D student who made it to a C, when the rest of the class all had As and Bs.

As for Cassie, thankfully it's a going away gift. I liked her to start, but her anti Oilers, pro everyone else bias grated that away.

Re: NHL Media [message #789639 is a reply to message #789636 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

3 Cups

nullterm wrote on Tue, 20 July 2021 23:08

Singh definitely improved through the season, but holy frick that's giving an award to the D student who made it to a C, when the rest of the class all had As and Bs.

As for Cassie, thankfully it's a going away gift. I liked her to start, but her anti Oilers, pro everyone else bias grated that away.

Not sure why people think Cassie isn't still working for Rogers. She's going to do some ESPN as a side gig, but she's never said she's leaving HNIC. She's even married into the Flames Org, so they aren't moving. Expect a lot of floorboards on the wall next year.

Re: NHL Media [message #789642 is a reply to message #789639 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

4 Cups

This is hilarious. I can't think of 2 worst commentators and PxP ever. And they are the winners? icon_lol

Re: NHL Media [message #789638 is a reply to message #789625 ]
Tue, 20 July 2021 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

3 Cups

Awards (all of them) are kind of stupid because it all subjective anyways. It's the worst when it is a committee of gatekeepers trying their best to look progressive, artsy, and legitimate (look at the Rotten Tomato scores of Paddington 2 and Green Book and tell me which one won Best Picture).

Anyways, I think Harnarayan Singh is good.

Again - awards are subjective and stupid. Best to ignore them.

Re: NHL Media [message #789779 is a reply to message #789638 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilPeg  is currently offline OilPeg

No Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 00:18

Awards (all of them) are kind of stupid because it all subjective anyways. It's the worst when it is a committee of gatekeepers trying their best to look progressive, artsy, and legitimate (look at the Rotten Tomato scores of Paddington 2 and Green Book and tell me which one won Best Picture).

I like Singh, too. You can tell he really loves the game, he gets excited at all the right moments. He had a learning curve, but I definitely think he's good.

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 02 June 2012 00:29

But he (Belanger)'s as soft as room temp. margarine.

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 16 March 2021 18:49

Turris in the BOA will be like an ice cube in the Sahara.

Re: NHL Media [message #789781 is a reply to message #789779 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260 is currently online smyth260

2 Cups

OilPeg wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 14:28

I like Singh, too. You can tell he really loves the game, he gets excited at all the right moments. He had a learning curve, but I definitely think he's good.

Yeah I really like Singh to for 99% of the game. It’s a pleasing voice. I just don’t need anymore vibratos during the goal call. Say what’s needed and don’t be the star of the call.

Clean house or bust

Re: NHL Media [message #789783 is a reply to message #789779 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

1 Cup

OilPeg wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 15:28

Interesting how different perceptions can be. I see Singh’s weakest element is that he has absolutely no clue when to be excited. confused2

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: NHL Media [message #789792 is a reply to message #789783 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Skoobz wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 15:38

Interesting how different perceptions can be. I see Singh’s weakest element is that he has absolutely no clue when to be excited. confused2

I liked him alot more at the end of the season when he was more comfortable. In 5-10 years I'm sure he'll be solid because it seems like it's working hard to get better, as I observed through the season.

Re: NHL Media [message #789796 is a reply to message #789792 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 17:47 Go to previous message

6 Cups

nullterm wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 17:45

Skoobz wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 15:38

I liked him alot more at the end of the season when he was more comfortable. In 5-10 years I'm sure he'll be solid because it seems like it's working hard to get better, as I observed through the season.

He needs to figure out a new goal call though

15 seconds in:

Connor McDaviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid .

Reminds me of

[Updated on: Wed, 21 July 2021 17:49]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Previous Topic:2021 NHL Entry Draft
Next Topic:Preds prospect comes out
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2021.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca