This day on May 26
None

Happy Birthday To: Oilcrazy99, Crazy Oiler with nice moves, Oiler_fan11, jordy

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves!Pages (13): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790377 is a reply to message #790375 ]
Tue, 27 July 2021 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

3 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Tue, 27 July 2021 16:44

The hot new rumour is Ryan Getzlaf to the Oilers, reported by Pierre LeBrun and others.

A lot of the analytics boys are excited about it, but I can't say I understand the excitement. 5 goals, 17 points, and age 36 doesn't get me super excited or scream offensive depth. Sort of feels a lot like signing Kyle Turris again, in a lot of ways. I know the Oilers are all about signing ALL the late-30s players right now, and icing the oldest lineup in the league outside of McDavid and Draisaitl, but I worry how much Getzlaf has left to give. The offense looks like it is drying.

He’s such a good passer, on a short, cheap deal I’m in favour of it.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790379 is a reply to message #790375 ]
Tue, 27 July 2021 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm is currently online Oscargasm

6 Cups

The hot new rumour is Ryan Getzlaf to the Oilers, reported by Pierre LeBrun and others.

A lot of the analytics boys are excited about it, but I can't say I understand the excitement. 5 goals, 17 points, and age 36 doesn't get me super excited or scream offensive depth. Sort of feels a lot like signing Kyle Turris again, in a lot of ways. I know the Oilers are all about signing ALL the late-30s players right now, and icing the oldest lineup in the league outside of McDavid and Draisaitl, but I worry how much Getzlaf has left to give. The offense looks like it is drying.

Oh buddy. My pants can only get so loose. The offense may be drying but I’m sure not

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790381 is a reply to message #790375 ]
Tue, 27 July 2021 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

As always, it depends on the price tag. 17 points would have put Getzlaf 8th on the Oilers in scoring and 6th best among forwards.

If you can get him to a short, cheap deal, he adds a lot more than most of the stiffs we've rolled out over the last couple of years. If the team spends the whole James Neal cap savings on him, or signs him to a multi-year pact, then that will probably bite us in the ass, but if they're smart about it - he's probably an ideal 3rd line center at this stage of his career.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790383 is a reply to message #790381 ]
Tue, 27 July 2021 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 27 July 2021 16:53

As always, it depends on the price tag. 17 points would have put Getzlaf 8th on the Oilers in scoring and 6th best among forwards.

If you can get him to a short, cheap deal, he adds a lot more than most of the stiffs we've rolled out over the last couple of years. If the team spends the whole James Neal cap savings on him, or signs him to a multi-year pact, then that will probably bite us in the ass, but if they're smart about it - he's probably an ideal 3rd line center at this stage of his career.

Apparently Bob Stauffer is suggesting $3.5M base with additional bonuses. If so, feels like we are paying for past reputation again.

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790387 is a reply to message #790383 ]
Tue, 27 July 2021 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Tue, 27 July 2021 16:55

Adam wrote on Tue, 27 July 2021 16:53

Apparently Bob Stauffer is suggesting $3.5M base with additional bonuses. If so, feels like we are paying for past reputation again.

Well, I can see why he'd choose Edmonton then! I wonder how much more that is than anyone else.

If that comes to pass, you pray that Holland only does a one-year deal.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790391 is a reply to message #790375 ]
Tue, 27 July 2021 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

1 Cup

Not trying to be a jerk, but what WOULD you be happy about, in the realm of possibility? Seems like there is nothing the team can do that moves the needle for a lot of people on here. Is it only analytics darlings? Guys taking peanuts in salary or term? I think Getzlaf is nearly a perfect signing if it isn’t an overpay.

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790392 is a reply to message #790391 ]
Tue, 27 July 2021 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skoobz wrote on Tue, 27 July 2021 17:25

Not trying to be a jerk, but what WOULD you be happy about, in the realm of possibility? Seems like there is nothing the team can do that moves the needle for a lot of people on here. Is it only analytics darlings? Guys taking peanuts in salary or term? I think Getzlaf is nearly a perfect signing if it isn’t an overpay.

Would you pay him $3.5MM though? or give him more than one year?

I am happy to see us go for Getzlaf, within reason. As I said the other day, I don't think the Oilers realize that there are more ways to convince a player than just offering him great gobs of money more than anyone else is willing to do...

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790393 is a reply to message #790392 ]
Tue, 27 July 2021 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

I’d give him 5M over two years or 3.5m for a year in a heartbeat. I do get the frustration with constant overpayment, but I’m also inclined to (sadly) believe that’s what it takes for players to come to the franchise.

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790397 is a reply to message #790391 ]
Tue, 27 July 2021 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Skoobz wrote on Tue, 27 July 2021 17:25

I think I would have been pretty happy with trades resembling what Nick Leddy, Nate Schmidt, Pavel Buchnevich, Alex Nedeljkovic went for in the past week here. I would think Jared McCann would have been a good target to protect in expansion. I think the Viktor Arvidsson trade was a good gamble by the Kings.

In free agency, I think Jaden Schwartz would be a good target. I'd love Phillip Danault, and would be more comfortable giving him the money the Oilers are going to give Zach Hyman. I think the Taylor Hall deal was fair and decent. Linus Ullmark is still my ultimate target for goaltending for the Oilers. Philipp Grubauer, Dougie Hamilton, Petr Mrazek, Alexander Wennberg, David Savard, Jonathan Bernier, Alex Goligoski, Derek Forbort, Mattias Janmark, Brock McGinn, Brandon Saad, Erik Haula, Pius Suter, Derek Ryan, Tomas Nosek, Tomas Tatar, are all guys I have on my list that I think might be good options, depending on cost, term, expected role, etc., with some being way more likely (Forbert, McGinn) than others (Grubauer, Hamilton). Also would love Gagner back as a depth forward.

Honestly, a lot probably has to do with expectation. If Chicago take Neal back or gives sweetener for Keith, and he's here as a third pairing guy, that's much easier than giving up assets and cap space and hoping he can regain his game and be a Top-4. If Getzlaf is coming into be a 4C on a 1.5 year deal like Corey Perry did in Montreal or whatever, that's much more palatable than coming here as a 3C at 3.5-4.5M.

It's hard to tell what is truly available in free agency, but there were some deals that went down recently (Leddy, Schmidt, Nedeljkovic, McCann, Nedeljkovic, Arvidsson) that I would have much preferred to the moves the Oilers made.

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790380 is a reply to message #786407 ]
Tue, 27 July 2021 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Mike Gould @miketgould

The Pittsburgh Penguins have reportedly had conversations with the Calgary Flames about Milan Lucic.

I think we lost this trade in the end :(

No looch lead us to feeling like we had to pay Kassian stupid money. Now maybe Looch is stealing attention away from us getting the Pens to take Kassian? Neal buyout as well of course, and the 3rd round pick.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790382 is a reply to message #790380 ]
Tue, 27 July 2021 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 27 July 2021 16:51

Mike Gould @miketgould

The Pittsburgh Penguins have reportedly had conversations with the Calgary Flames about Milan Lucic.

I think we lost this trade in the end :(

No looch lead us to feeling like we had to pay Kassian stupid money. Now maybe Looch is stealing attention away from us getting the Pens to take Kassian? Neal buyout as well of course, and the 3rd round pick.

If the Flames get something of value out of Pittsburgh for Lucic, I may lose my mind.

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790394 is a reply to message #786407 ]
Tue, 27 July 2021 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Matty really wants Getz

Jim Matheson @jimmathesonnhl

There is some smoke to Oilers interest in Getzlaf as 3C in free-agency but whether he would want to uproot his family and leave Calif where he's been for 15 years for Edm winter is cloudy

If Oilers were to sign Getzlaf, they play Ducks in second game of season at Rogers Place. But Getzlaf wouldn't have game back in Anaheim until April 3, when the season's almost over.

What's fair term and dollars for Getzlaf? $3 mil a year on two-year deal for a 36-year-old?

Getzlaf’s receiver brother Chris played for short time for CFL Elks too. His agent Gerry Johannson also lives here so he can play Chamber of Commerce role

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790395 is a reply to message #790394 ]
Tue, 27 July 2021 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 27 July 2021 17:38

Matty really wants Getz

There is some smoke to Oilers interest in Getzlaf as 3C in free-agency but whether he would want to uproot his family and leave Calif where he's been for 15 years for Edm winter is cloudy

If Oilers were to sign Getzlaf, they play Ducks in second game of season at Rogers Place. But Getzlaf wouldn't have game back in Anaheim until April 3, when the season's almost over.

What's fair term and dollars for Getzlaf? $3 mil a year on two-year deal for a 36-year-old?

Getzlaf’s receiver brother Chris played for short time for CFL Elks too. His agent Gerry Johannson also lives here so he can play Chamber of Commerce role

Matheson has gone soft in the head. I swear, the only thing he tweets about is the obscure connections to Edmonton that various players have. Bonino's wife is from St. Albert, so-and-so played junior somewhere within a 5 hour radius of the city, someone else's great-grandfather stayed overnight in a hotel in the city once on their way to the Yukon Gold Rush...

It's not exactly hard-hitting journalism, and it must just baffle him when we sign any undrafted European player who's never even stepped foot in the city before...

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790398 is a reply to message #790395 ]
Tue, 27 July 2021 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 27 July 2021 17:41

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 27 July 2021 17:38

Matty really wants Getz

Matheson has gone soft in the head. I swear, the only thing he tweets about is the obscure connections to Edmonton that various players have. Bonino's wife is from St. Albert, so-and-so played junior somewhere within a 5 hour radius of the city, someone else's great-grandfather stayed overnight in a hotel in the city once on their way to the Yukon Gold Rush...

It's not exactly hard-hitting journalism, and it must just baffle him when we sign any undrafted European player who's never even stepped foot in the city before...

To be faaaaaair, it’s not an uncommon thing to hear from media (in this city)

*shiver* I feel dirty after “defending” the Edmonton media

[Updated on: Tue, 27 July 2021 18:02]

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790406 is a reply to message #786407 ]
Tue, 27 July 2021 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

If Barrie returns to Oilers let us not forget that means best PP in league will stay intact with Hyman as net front. Barrie and Nurse. Bear with Keith and Bouchard and Russell or left D signed

Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC
Some rumblings Cody Ceci will be in mix, too

https://i.ibb.co/nwxGWXF/Montreal-Lady.jpg

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790407 is a reply to message #790406 ]
Tue, 27 July 2021 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

2 Cups

Well that would definitely mean Bear is gone...

Clean house or bust

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790409 is a reply to message #790407 ]
Tue, 27 July 2021 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Tue, 27 July 2021 21:03

Ya? For sure? Certain? Absolutely?

I’ll believe it when I see it. I don’t believe Bear is going anywhere.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790410 is a reply to message #790407 ]
Tue, 27 July 2021 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Giving Ceci 3M+ after the luckiest (by a mile) season of his 8 year career would be so Oilers. Dude will come here and be Gryba 2.0 minus the tweets about BBQing meat drenched in beer.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790411 is a reply to message #790410 ]
Tue, 27 July 2021 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 27 July 2021 21:28

Giving Ceci 3M+ after the luckiest (by a mile) season of his 8 year career would be so Oilers. Dude will come here and be Gryba 2.0 minus the tweets about BBQing meat drenched in beer.

Not like my opinion really holds any water, nor does it chop wood, but I’m not a fan of this Ceci stuff. Especially at that number.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790414 is a reply to message #786407 ]
Tue, 27 July 2021 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Lebrun saying the plan is for Barrie and Edmonton to finalize a 3 year deal in the morning.

Gonna be a good morning folks. LFG

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790415 is a reply to message #790414 ]
Tue, 27 July 2021 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 27 July 2021 22:14

Lebrun saying the plan is for Barrie and Edmonton to finalize a 3 year deal in the morning.

OK, so, from your enthusiasm I assume you would be very excited about a Keith-Barrie 2nd pair? :)

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790416 is a reply to message #790415 ]
Tue, 27 July 2021 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 27 July 2021 22:16

OK, so, from your enthusiasm I assume you would be very excited about a Keith-Barrie 2nd pair? :)

Close, but no.

Excitement comes with a Nurse-Barrie pair and a Keith-whoever else they sign pair and a Bear-Bouchard pair.

Let’s not forget that game Bear and Bouch were paired together this past season. Would be a dream for you all in analytic types

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790417 is a reply to message #790416 ]
Tue, 27 July 2021 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 27 July 2021 22:18

Close, but no.

Excitement comes with a Nurse-Barrie pair and a Keith-whoever else they sign pair and a Bear-Bouchard pair.

Let’s not forget that game Bear and Bouch were paired together this past season. Would be a dream for you all in analytic types

Nonono. You get Keith-Barrie dang it. I demand it! Don't disappoint me Tippett!

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790418 is a reply to message #790416 ]
Tue, 27 July 2021 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Close, but no.

I'm with you. I think they need to add some shutdown type to the mix, but it doesn't have to be at the expense of Barrie OR Bear. Have someone play the offside if they need to. Both of those guys are contributors that I'm happy to have.

(Nate Schmidt would have been perfect, tbh).

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790419 is a reply to message #790418 ]
Tue, 27 July 2021 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Tue, 27 July 2021 22:25

Close, but no.

I'm with you. I think they need to add some shutdown type to the mix, but it doesn't have to be at the expense of Barrie OR Bear. Have someone play the offside if they need to. Both of those guys are contributors that I'm happy to have.

(Nate Schmidt would have been perfect, tbh).

Think Schmidt is a guy that needs to be allowed to push the pace. He struggled badly in a shutdown role with the Canucks. Bear is a guy that needs to be allowed to try to push the pace as well. Sounds like we are trying to get Ceci though, Gryba 2.0. Really hope that doesn't mean we dump Bear.

If we have Barrie-Bear-Bouch down the right side, I think it can still work, if the coach is willing to promote still playing offense with a lead. The Pens won 2 cups with a bunch of light D that were just in attack mode along with forwards all night long. Don't think Tippett has it in him to approach the game that way though. And Hitch is up there to whispering in Kenny's ear, they will want a designated stay home guy. And it will be a mistake to think Ceci can reliably fill that role IMO.

[Updated on: Tue, 27 July 2021 22:34]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790420 is a reply to message #790419 ]
Wed, 28 July 2021 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 27 July 2021 21:30

Think Schmidt is a guy that needs to be allowed to push the pace. He struggled badly in a shutdown role with the Canucks. Bear is a guy that needs to be allowed to try to push the pace as well. Sounds like we are trying to get Ceci though, Gryba 2.0. Really hope that doesn't mean we dump Bear.

If we have Barrie-Bear-Bouch down the right side, I think it can still work, if the coach is willing to promote still playing offense with a lead. The Pens won 2 cups with a bunch of light D that were just in attack mode along with forwards all night long. Don't think Tippett has it in him to approach the game that way though. And Hitch is up there to whispering in Kenny's ear, they will want a designated stay home guy. And it will be a mistake to think Ceci can reliably fill that role IMO.

Rishaug is already telegraphing Bear is likely on the way out, and that Barrie-Bear-Bouchard is "not an ideal fit". The media covering the Oilers are such an embarassment, they might as well just post press releases that Holland types up himself.

I don't disagree with you that the triple-B right side could work, but I also agree that I don't think Tippett is the guy that could capitalize on that group. It would just be more of Barrie stapled to McDavid's line and Bouchard getting benched anytime he's on the ice for a GA.

https://twitter.com/TSNRyanRishaug/status/142022332960509133 0?s=20

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790423 is a reply to message #790420 ]
Wed, 28 July 2021 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Goose wrote on Wed, 28 July 2021 00:03

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 27 July 2021 21:30

Rishaug is already telegraphing Bear is likely on the way out, and that Barrie-Bear-Bouchard is "not an ideal fit". The media covering the Oilers are such an embarassment, they might as well just post press releases that Holland types up himself.

I don't disagree with you that the triple-B right side could work, but I also agree that I don't think Tippett is the guy that could capitalize on that group. It would just be more of Barrie stapled to McDavid's line and Bouchard getting benched anytime he's on the ice for a GA.

https://twitter.com/TSNRyanRishaug/status/142022332960509133 0?s=20

It's all so ridiculously telegraphed. The Oilers trying to soften up the market with the news that they once again bucked the trend, decided they know better than those analytics nerds, and just forged ahead.

I hate the idea that signing 2/3 RHD means you need to trade your best one, especially since the Oilers seem to think that the best way to replace that best RHD is to bring in a defensive defenceman to block more shots and babysit for their relic of a #2LHD.

Now, all this chatter isn't helping them with moving Bear - they're going to end up with 4 RHD and then we're going to sell Bear at a discount. For a team that thought RHD were so hard to find that they gave up Taylor Hall one-for-one for one with no offence to speak of, the team sure is quick to flush good young RHD prospects. One would think watching Jeff Petry in the Finals, or Justin Schultz winning Cups with Pittsburgh, or Tom Poti playing solidly for a decade after leaving the team with better squads would have taught us something about flushing defencemen just because they're young and you really remember the one time they got walked...but nope. We just go ahead and make the same mistakes over and over and over again.

We're once again putting ourselves in to a position where we look like we need to do a deal, and where we look through our actions to be suggesting that the team doesn't believe in Ethan Bear. Teams will take advantage of that and the return will not be what it should be.

Also, no better way to show how strongly we stand against racism by immediately trading the guy who was the target of racist abuse.

Honestly, if all this goes down this week - signing Barrie and Ceci, trading Bear for Debrusk or something similar, signing Hyman for mega-dollars at the top term, overpaying for Ryan Getzlaf...I think it could close our window. People keep posting a defence corps of:

Nurse Barrie
Keith Ceci
Russell Bouchard
Lagesson

That has to be one of the weakest looking bluelines we ever iced. Unless Bouchard turns in to an All-Star, or Samorukov makes the jump in a huge way in the very near future, that could be a total disaster. If Smith's also the starter? I don't know if that team makes the playoffs, even with McDavid at over 150 points.

And if we miss the playoff again, and lock in long-term on a bunch of the broken pieces? It's game over for the McDavid era in Edmonton.

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790430 is a reply to message #790423 ]
Wed, 28 July 2021 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike is currently online Mike

4 Cups

We're not really gonna punt away Bear are we? My God that would be brutal.

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790424 is a reply to message #790420 ]
Wed, 28 July 2021 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

4 Cups

Elliotte Friedman is also saying Cici in and Bear out if Rishaug isn't a big enough name.

Seems to be telegraphed and teams won't be giving up enough if they know Bear is completely out of the Oilers plans.

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790429 is a reply to message #790424 ]
Wed, 28 July 2021 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Why must everything be so telegraphed here. When is the last time something happened that was completely unexpected? Is it the same with other fanbases?

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790432 is a reply to message #790429 ]
Wed, 28 July 2021 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen is currently online Suomalainen

2 Cups

If Bear is out for Ceci, my gosh...brutal

I knew I was going to wake up to something painful...

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790433 is a reply to message #790424 ]
Wed, 28 July 2021 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hibernia  is currently offline Hibernia

1 Cup

The Oilers don't have a Main Stream Media, as we like to call it. They aren't journalists. They aren't sports reporters. They're propagandists. Pure and simple.

One time the Oilers would use Matty to test the waters on ideas. Now, it's just, "this is what we're doing. You guys ready to prepare the masses?"

Twitter: @AitchOil

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790445 is a reply to message #790424 ]
Wed, 28 July 2021 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Wed, 28 July 2021 01:46

Elliotte Friedman is also saying Cici in and Bear out if Rishaug isn't a big enough name.

Seems to be telegraphed and teams won't be giving up enough if they know Bear is completely out of the Oilers plans.

Bring in Keith to mentor your young D. Trade away young D for vet that can't move a puck.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790434 is a reply to message #786407 ]
Wed, 28 July 2021 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

4 Cups

Sportsnet now saying it's highly expected that Hyman, Barrie, and Cici will all sign with Edmonton early in the day.

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790441 is a reply to message #786407 ]
Wed, 28 July 2021 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Sounds like Hyman is getting a NMC for years 1-5 and a 10 team trade list for years 6-7.

This team doesn’t learn.

Clean house or bust

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790443 is a reply to message #786407 ]
Wed, 28 July 2021 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Warren Foegele for Bear was mentioned by McKenzie. That's an interesting option.

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790483 is a reply to message #786407 ]
Wed, 28 July 2021 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

So are we just running back the goalies then?

For a team that telegraphs everything, we have heard virtually zero on Koskinen getting moved.

Clean house or bust

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790486 is a reply to message #790483 ]
Wed, 28 July 2021 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

I feel like I'm being trolled as a fan of this team. Dear God....

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790491 is a reply to message #790483 ]
Wed, 28 July 2021 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Wed, 28 July 2021 10:05

So are we just running back the goalies then?

For a team that telegraphs everything, we have heard virtually zero on Koskinen getting moved.

Stauffer was positing yesterday that the Oilers might just run out the same tandem again if there isn't a deal available for Koskinen...

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790510 is a reply to message #786407 ]
Wed, 28 July 2021 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

I can't believe what I'm watching is supposed to be defined as "going for it".

This is what we waited for, waiting for us to finally have cap space. 38 year old Keith, Codi Ceci, Kostko and Smith again? Hyman. icon_dead

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Hot Oil Summer - Predict our moves! [message #790518 is a reply to message #790510 ]
Wed, 28 July 2021 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

What a colossally brutal off season.

Waited a couple of years for Holland to finally be able to get out from Chiarelli's mess, and I think in the last couple of weeks he's done more damage than all Chiarelli's years combined. What a terrible off season.

Anyone feel confident this is a significantly better team than 2 months ago?

Pages (13): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Future NHL Cap Projections
Next Topic:Oilers and Tyson Barrie Closing in on Deal
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca