This day on May 18
None

Happy Birthday To: Johnny Upton, Oil and Spuds, pdechant, mrdrolet

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT)Pages (16): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787793 is a reply to message #787787 ]
Tue, 15 June 2021 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 15 June 2021 20:13

Oh another thing.. Gary Gailey is really getting on my nerves.

Yeah he sounds to me like Greg Millen's long lost twin. I thought Millen was back doing color. It's uncanny.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787817 is a reply to message #787793 ]
Wed, 16 June 2021 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Tue, 15 June 2021 19:58

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 15 June 2021 20:13

Oh another thing.. Gary Gailey is really getting on my nerves.

Yeah he sounds to me like Greg Millen's long lost twin. I thought Millen was back doing color. It's uncanny.

Ha! Same here, thought it was Millen!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787858 is a reply to message #785046 ]
Wed, 16 June 2021 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Gotta admit, I wish we picked on Perry. Now that bastard is always in the middle of all the crap every game, it's amazing.

Vegas 3/5 of their goals in the series so far right off faceoff wins. Montreal needs to cover those D better.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787859 is a reply to message #787858 ]
Wed, 16 June 2021 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 16 June 2021 20:45

Gotta admit, I wish we picked on Perry. Now that bastard is always in the middle of all the crap every game, it's amazing.

Vegas 3/5 of their goals in the series so far right off faceoff wins. Montreal needs to cover those D better.

You just know Bob Stauffer will be commenting on the amount of goals directly off faceoff wins by Vegas to push his constant narrative of how the Oilers need to be better on draws.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787862 is a reply to message #787859 ]
Wed, 16 June 2021 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 16 June 2021 20:49

You just know Bob Stauffer will be commenting on the amount of goals directly off faceoff wins by Vegas to push his constant narrative of how the Oilers need to be better on draws.

Hey, didn't you see the segment last game about DeBore having his own private faceoff play sessions? :)

Montreal looking bad on those goals. Vegas D getting the puck wide open, Montreal allowing nice screens to get in position. The clean loss of the faceoffs don't help either of course.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787865 is a reply to message #787859 ]
Wed, 16 June 2021 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 16 June 2021 20:49

Well crap. Make that 4/6 of Vegas's goals right off faceoff wins.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787866 is a reply to message #785046 ]
Wed, 16 June 2021 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Vampire Petry leads his team to win to tie the series

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E4DB5A4WYAk78MA?format=jpg&name=small

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787872 is a reply to message #787866 ]
Thu, 17 June 2021 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

4 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 17 June 2021 00:50

You can only have so many $4M dmen and vampires...

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787873 is a reply to message #787872 ]
Thu, 17 June 2021 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Just when I start thinking I wouldn't mind seeing the Habs win so my dad, grandfather, father in law, and other non annoying fans could experience the euphoria of their team winning, I wake up this morning and Facebook quickly reminds me why this simply can't happen. They're as bad as Leafs fans. Worse maybe.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787886 is a reply to message #787873 ]
Thu, 17 June 2021 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Thu, 17 June 2021 05:27

Just when I start thinking I wouldn't mind seeing the Habs win so my dad, grandfather, father in law, and other non annoying fans could experience the euphoria of their team winning, I wake up this morning and Facebook quickly reminds me why this simply can't happen. They're as bad as Leafs fans. Worse maybe.

Nah, they're not worse- Laffs fans are arrogant despite the fact that their team hasn't won a Cup since the Ice Age. The Habs are the winningest team with regards to Cups including being the last Canadian city to win one, so their fans have more to talk about than those of other Canadian teams.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787901 is a reply to message #787886 ]
Thu, 17 June 2021 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Thu, 17 June 2021 13:24

Nah, they're not worse- Laffs fans are arrogant despite the fact that their team hasn't won a Cup since the Ice Age. The Habs are the winningest team with regards to Cups including being the last Canadian city to win one, so their fans have more to talk about than those of other Canadian teams.

Meh - historical accomplishments mean nothing at this point. And I live in an area where in a room of 20 people, you will have like 8 Leaf fans, 8 Habs fans, 2 Bruins, and 2 from all other teams. They are equally loud, and equally annoying. The Habs fans probably even more. I hate the Leafs more because of the media I think.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787925 is a reply to message #787901 ]
Thu, 17 June 2021 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Thu, 17 June 2021 11:13

Meh - historical accomplishments mean nothing at this point. And I live in an area where in a room of 20 people, you will have like 8 Leaf fans, 8 Habs fans, 2 Bruins, and 2 from all other teams. They are equally loud, and equally annoying. The Habs fans probably even more. I hate the Leafs more because of the media I think.

Most of the Habs fans I've seen including some I work with are taking the attitude of just enjoying the ride while it lasts, as they didn't think their team would get this far into the playoffs. It's similar to most Oil fans during the 2006 run. I haven't seen much arrogance among them, though that would likely change if the Habs were somehow to actually win the Cup.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787931 is a reply to message #787925 ]
Thu, 17 June 2021 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

3 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Thu, 17 June 2021 13:27

Most of the Habs fans I've seen including some I work with are taking the attitude of just enjoying the ride while it lasts, as they didn't think their team would get this far into the playoffs. It's similar to most Oil fans during the 2006 run. I haven't seen much arrogance among them, though that would likely change if the Habs were somehow to actually win the Cup.

I think alot of this depends on geography.
West of Ont I have not found Habs fans to be bad. I have seen them play 3 times when they are on the road and the Habs fans were a lot of fun to watch a game with.
Ont East, I agree with Mike, they can be as bad As Leafs fans. Leafs fans are consistent for the most part wherever you come across them.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787955 is a reply to message #787931 ]
Thu, 17 June 2021 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Thu, 17 June 2021 14:53

Ragnarok73 wrote on Thu, 17 June 2021 13:27

I think alot of this depends on geography.
West of Ont I have not found Habs fans to be bad. I have seen them play 3 times when they are on the road and the Habs fans were a lot of fun to watch a game with.
Ont East, I agree with Mike, they can be as bad As Leafs fans. Leafs fans are consistent for the most part wherever you come across them.

I've always hated Habs and Leafs fans. Didn't like going to Oilers game when over a third of the rink seems to be cheering for the wrong team.

I think it may be a character flaw not to cheer for the Oilers - despite all the misery that that entails.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787936 is a reply to message #787872 ]
Thu, 17 June 2021 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Thu, 17 June 2021 04:26

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 17 June 2021 00:50

You can only have so many $4M dmen and vampires...

Can he play a matinee game though?

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787954 is a reply to message #787866 ]
Thu, 17 June 2021 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 16 June 2021 21:50

"And I tell you Bob, Petry is playing like a man possessed right now!"

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787951 is a reply to message #785046 ]
Thu, 17 June 2021 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I just can't watch Barzal play nowadays without wishing I could kick Chia right in the nuts.

5-14-6-1

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787960 is a reply to message #785046 ]
Thu, 17 June 2021 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

The penalty leading to Tampa's GWG tonight was the kind of play done to McDavid over a dozen times in our series. Someone bumps into Kucherov in open ice to slow him down a bit with the puck nowhere close.

Only 2 penalties in the game, that one for Tampa's PP was given 1 minute after the Islanders one PP expired. So, refs just looking for an even up ASAP. Then back to calling nothing. Classic NHL.

[Updated on: Thu, 17 June 2021 22:21]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #787974 is a reply to message #787960 ]
Fri, 18 June 2021 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 17 June 2021 21:20

The penalty leading to Tampa's GWG tonight was the kind of play done to McDavid over a dozen times in our series. Someone bumps into Kucherov in open ice to slow him down a bit with the puck nowhere close.

Only 2 penalties in the game, that one for Tampa's PP was given 1 minute after the Islanders one PP expired. So, refs just looking for an even up ASAP. Then back to calling nothing. Classic NHL.

The sticks in the hands when the guy is carrying the puck isn't being called at all, except when they need an excuse to "manage" the game, and the interference without the puck is like rugby. With all the skill and talent in the NHL today, its bizarre that they want to choke it out of the game, scoring chances are few, and the pucks that go in usually are due to screens, or bounces, not usually generated by a high skill or high speed play.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #788013 is a reply to message #785046 ]
Fri, 18 June 2021 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

no matter how good Fleury plays.. he's always good for pulling at least one major boner at the worst time..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #788014 is a reply to message #785046 ]
Fri, 18 June 2021 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Wow. Perry gets his face sliced opened with a blatant high stick. Zero chance the refs didn't see it but they refused to call it on Vegas in ot.

Edit: didn't better. Lol Vegas

[Updated on: Fri, 18 June 2021 21:20]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #788016 is a reply to message #788014 ]
Fri, 18 June 2021 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 18 June 2021 21:14

Wow. Perry gets his face sliced opened with a blatant high stick. Zero chance the refs didn't see it but they refused to call it on Vegas in ot

Bettman doesn't want to anger his American overlords. That man seriously should get monogrammed knee pads FFS. Good thing the Habs pulled it out despite the obvious conspiracy to keep Vegas idiots interested in this team.

5-14-6-1

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #788018 is a reply to message #788016 ]
Sat, 19 June 2021 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Fri, 18 June 2021 21:21

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 18 June 2021 21:14

Wow. Perry gets his face sliced opened with a blatant high stick. Zero chance the refs didn't see it but they refused to call it on Vegas in ot

Bettman doesn't want to anger his American overlords. That man seriously should get monogrammed knee pads FFS. Good thing the Habs pulled it out despite the obvious conspiracy to keep Vegas idiots interested in this team.

Follow the $$$. There is way more money in Vegas getting through and the NHL is desperate for whatever they can get now. I don't think this league could help themselves but do all they can to try to nudge that balance. Go Montreal!

Price better watch out for dudes carrying crowbars! Gary probably lining someone up :)

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #788015 is a reply to message #785046 ]
Fri, 18 June 2021 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Fleury chokes. Habs up 2-1 in series.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #788019 is a reply to message #788015 ]
Sat, 19 June 2021 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 18 June 2021 21:20

So much blood in this series

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E4N_Y4KX0AEuEPX?format=jpg&name=small

This was good too

https://s6.gifyu.com/images/ezgif-2-556f1883732c.gif

[Updated on: Sat, 19 June 2021 15:29]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #788021 is a reply to message #788015 ]
Sat, 19 June 2021 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Imagine this was us. We had Fleury and he does this?!?!??!?

I want playoff dramatics in my life again.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #788022 is a reply to message #788021 ]
Sat, 19 June 2021 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Sat, 19 June 2021 00:41

Imagine this was us. We had Fleury and he does this?!?!??!?

I want playoff dramatics in my life again.

Sorry Marc-Andre, its been 16 years, but I still can't erase this one out of the memory banks.. classic

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #788043 is a reply to message #785046 ]
Sat, 19 June 2021 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

1 Cup

Isles were up 3-0 in the 3rd, Tampa scores 2 to make it 3-2.

Trotz calls a timeout.

Was there something written in Todd McLellan’s and Dave Tippett’s contracts to never call a time out in the playoffs? It’s like that’s immediately what Trotz did and he’s talking to his bench.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #788044 is a reply to message #788043 ]
Sat, 19 June 2021 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Sat, 19 June 2021 20:28

Trotz calls a timeout.

Was there something written in Todd McLellan’s and Dave Tippett’s contracts to never call a time out in the playoffs? It’s like that’s immediately what Trotz did and he’s talking to his bench.

lol, you know you've done something wrong when almost every Oilers fan that watched this game are all making the same comment. GOod move. And holy crap what a save by Pulock at the end. Tanev should take notes, although, not looking promising for him to play in the playoffs again any time soon.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #788047 is a reply to message #788044 ]
Sun, 20 June 2021 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 19 June 2021 19:57

WhoreableGuy wrote on Sat, 19 June 2021 20:28

Trotz calls a timeout.

lol, you know you've done something wrong when almost every Oilers fan that watched this game are all making the same comment. GOod move. And holy crap what a save by Pulock at the end. Tanev should take notes, although, not looking promising for him to play in the playoffs again any time soon.

Noticed same thing.. that's why Trotz keeps winning where ever he goes..

.. I'd take Tanev's brother (Penguins) on wing bottom 6 icon_nod

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #788049 is a reply to message #788043 ]
Sun, 20 June 2021 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Sat, 19 June 2021 23:28

Trotz calls a timeout.

What an idiot.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #788050 is a reply to message #788049 ]
Sun, 20 June 2021 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Sun, 20 June 2021 08:10

WhoreableGuy wrote on Sat, 19 June 2021 23:28

Trotz calls a timeout.

What an idiot.

Depends how long there was until the next tv timeout.

Agreed about every Oilers fan commenting.

East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #788058 is a reply to message #785046 ]
Sun, 20 June 2021 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Lehner starting tonight, just because Fleury gift wrapped the tying goal. Backstabbers at it again!

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #788059 is a reply to message #785046 ]
Sun, 20 June 2021 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

That's some ugly hockey.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #788061 is a reply to message #785046 ]
Sun, 20 June 2021 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

3 Cups

I cant remember a worse playoff season in a VERY long time.
- reffing is atrocious, every single team in the playoffs should be pissed off. It's open season on skill and brutality is thriving. The best hockey team isnt winning games/series
- to the above, "highlights" are cheap shots that weren't called, ricochet or garbage goals and frustrated players and coaches being asked about reffing every night.
- there isn't a single team worth cheering for. They are all so unlikable for various reasons. As an Oiler fan, I am a seasoned playoff bandwagon jumper.

Maybe some change will come, every round and almost every game, more mainstream, big following media types are commenting on a reffing reset being needed.

If it wasn't for the couple exciting players on the Oilers I would be real close to becoming an extremely casual hockey fan. As in, zero dollars spent, watch the odd game, check the box scores and watch the daily highlights.

This is boring.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #788062 is a reply to message #788061 ]
Sun, 20 June 2021 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sun, 20 June 2021 21:31

- reffing is atrocious, every single team in the playoffs should be pissed off. It's open season on skill and brutality is thriving. The best hockey team isnt winning games/series
- to the above, "highlights" are cheap shots that weren't called, ricochet or garbage goals and frustrated players and coaches being asked about reffing every night.
- there isn't a single team worth cheering for. They are all so unlikable for various reasons. As an Oiler fan, I am a seasoned playoff bandwagon jumper.

Maybe some change will come, every round and almost every game, more mainstream, big following media types are commenting on a reffing reset being needed.

If it wasn't for the couple exciting players on the Oilers I would be real close to becoming an extremely casual hockey fan. As in, zero dollars spent, watch the odd game, check the box scores and watch the daily highlights.

This is boring.

I was kinda on the Islanders bandwagon, but there was this twitter video of an old fart going around yesterday. Some media guy for the Islanders that was arguing that a dynasty HAS TO have won 3 cups in 3 straight years and you're stupid if you put the 80's Oilers on the same level as the Islanders that won 4 stright.

So yeah...screw the Islander too icon_lol

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #788065 is a reply to message #788062 ]
Sun, 20 June 2021 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 20 June 2021 20:33

This is boring.

I was kinda on the Islanders bandwagon, but there was this twitter video of an old fart going around yesterday. Some media guy for the Islanders that was arguing that a dynasty HAS TO have won 3 cups in 3 straight years and you're stupid if you put the 80's Oilers on the same level as the Islanders that won 4 stright.

Darn, Ken Holland was so close to a dynasty! Did you know he once traded for Chris Chelios when going for the 3peat?

Clean house or bust

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #788102 is a reply to message #788065 ]
Mon, 21 June 2021 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Sun, 20 June 2021 22:14

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 20 June 2021 20:33

This is boring.

Darn, Ken Holland was so close to a dynasty! Did you know he once traded for Chris Chelios when going for the 3peat?

Holland seems dumb now. Why did he think it was a bad thing to try to become the 1st dynasty since the Islanders? Fire him immediately before he wimps out and messes up our 3-peat!

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #788080 is a reply to message #788062 ]
Mon, 21 June 2021 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 20 June 2021 21:33

This is boring.

Stan Fischler, wrote for the Hockey News when it was relevant as a print release. Was big on writing about the Flyers of the 1970s and the Islanders of the late 1970s. 89 years old. Makes Matheson look young and hip. 🤣

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #788081 is a reply to message #788080 ]
Mon, 21 June 2021 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Mon, 21 June 2021 09:47

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 20 June 2021 21:33

This is boring.

Stan Fischler, wrote for the Hockey News when it was relevant as a print release. Was big on writing about the Flyers of the 1970s and the Islanders of the late 1970s. 89 years old. Makes Matheson look young and hip. 🤣

haha, ah man, 89. K, maybe I shouldn't be so mad about Islanders Matty holding onto irrational thoughts.

Go Islanders :)

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: 2021 Playoffs Thread (OOT) [message #788064 is a reply to message #788061 ]
Sun, 20 June 2021 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sun, 20 June 2021 20:31

This is boring.

Its funny, the NHL and their Networks want tp promote their product, they'll show clips of high skill goals by all the best players.. then in the playoffs they Ensure that you won't see any of those goals, or high skill plays by those same players they actively promoted. The interference without the puck, sticks in hands, cross checks, hooking, is non-stop.

All the games seem to be low chance, low scoring, any goals scored are off of rebounds, seeing eye screen shots, bad bounces, bad line changes, goofs (MAF!).. basically no one is able to CREATE goal scoring chances, they just happen, resulting from mistakes, bounces, screen shots. Games are now two teams playing a neutral zone trap waiting for opposition mistakes or bounces, no free flow, no play making, or goal chance creation going on.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Pages (16): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  >  »]  
Previous Topic:NHL Pre-Season Schedule Begins September 25
Next Topic:Advertising Patches Coming to Jerseys
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca