This day on April 26
None

Happy Birthday To: Hemmer2Eberle, Burgeoboy, Weloveoil

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783181]
Mon, 19 April 2021 21:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
Montreal to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783194 is a reply to message #783181 ]
Mon, 19 April 2021 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sinfulchimp306  is currently offline sinfulchimp306

No Cups

What a game by jesse, easily his best. That was a playoff game and a joy to watch

Formerly gagnerisgod.
PLAY LABAMBA BABY

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783195 is a reply to message #783181 ]
Mon, 19 April 2021 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

This was starting to look grim...

Refusal to quit. Then POW!!! 4-1.

It’s games like this that galvanize teams into winners.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783206 is a reply to message #783195 ]
Mon, 19 April 2021 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

g2k wrote on Mon, 19 April 2021 21:34

Truth. They grew a couple inches tonight.

Hopefully JJ eggs aren’t too scrambled.

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783222 is a reply to message #783195 ]
Tue, 20 April 2021 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

g2k wrote on Mon, 19 April 2021 21:34

Yup Montreal wanted to mix it up and play that kind of game,and I'd say the Oilers responded. That 3rd period was the best of Oilers hockey maybe this season.

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783196 is a reply to message #783181 ]
Mon, 19 April 2021 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Freaking Beauty win :)

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783197 is a reply to message #783181 ]
Mon, 19 April 2021 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

That was expletive fun!!!!

Just when I think we will get walked in the playoffs I see an effort like this? Unbelievable! Great game!

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783198 is a reply to message #783181 ]
Mon, 19 April 2021 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Bonus coverage of the Sens beating the fLames? After arguably Jesse’s best game of his young career?

LFG

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783223 is a reply to message #783198 ]
Tue, 20 April 2021 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 19 April 2021 21:37

Bonus coverage of the Sens beating the fLames? After arguably Jesse’s best game of his young career?

LFG

Yup it was like catching another win to see that dbag Tkachuk cough up the puck to Connor Brown for the dagger EN goal. Awesome.

Think we see Connor and Leon split up again? I do.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 April 2021 08:40]

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783224 is a reply to message #783223 ]
Tue, 20 April 2021 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Glad I stayed up to watch the third. I wasn't going to, since it was already midnight.

That was one of the most impressive wins I've seen from this team in years. In the past, when the refs put the whistles away and let anything go playoff-style we've tended to crumple, but not this time.

This time, to a man we seemed pissed off, and were hitting them just as hard as they were hitting us. If we keep playing the way we did in the second half of that game then there isn't a team in the league that we can't beat. I see that win as a huge learning experience for the team, proving to themselves (and to others) that when the going gets tough, this team can not only handle it, but push back hard.

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783199 is a reply to message #783181 ]
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Well that was fun!!

and haha, Lames getting taken down by Ottawa again for the cherry on top :)

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783201 is a reply to message #783181 ]
sinfulchimp306  is currently offline sinfulchimp306

No Cups

As an added bonus sens are just about to close out the lames

Formerly gagnerisgod.
PLAY LABAMBA BABY

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783207 is a reply to message #783181 ]
Mon, 19 April 2021 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

He's getting better, but let's not have long interviews with PoolParty, Gene.

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783209 is a reply to message #783207 ]
Mon, 19 April 2021 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Mon, 19 April 2021 21:48

Gene at least kept the questions simple. Kid's English is so much better now.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783211 is a reply to message #783209 ]
Mon, 19 April 2021 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 19 April 2021 21:49

NetBOG wrote on Mon, 19 April 2021 21:48

Gene at least kept the questions simple. Kid's English is so much better now.

Breakaway...just shoot. Yeah.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783217 is a reply to message #783181 ]
Mon, 19 April 2021 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

4th star of the night was the person operating the fan noise. It seemed louder and at one point I scanned the stands looking for fans.

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783218 is a reply to message #783217 ]
Mon, 19 April 2021 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pseudoreality  is currently offline Pseudoreality

No Cups

inverno76 wrote on Mon, 19 April 2021 22:37

4th star of the night was the person operating the fan noise. It seemed louder and at one point I scanned the stands looking for fans.

They are getting better with that.

Awesome game. I was nervous, but those are the games they need to learn how to win.

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783221 is a reply to message #783181 ]
Mon, 19 April 2021 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

A few dangerous cheap shots tonight, Daneualt dragged his leg trying to take out McD's knees, and then Byron clear head shot on Jones, both could been major injuries, its what happens when the refs let everything go, the players keep pushing the line until someone gets a major injury.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783230 is a reply to message #783221 ]
Tue, 20 April 2021 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

This was a game I was actually yelling when they scored. Allen stood on his head for 2 periods, I thought they wouldn't do it.

Big win. I hope the team can just have a sigh of relief that they finally broke through.

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783232 is a reply to message #783181 ]
Tue, 20 April 2021 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Sure looks like the Oilers rushed Khaira back. I thought it was weird that he came back so quickly after getting KO’d. What did he miss, 2 games? And then seeing his head spin again barely a month later disgusts me. Clearly the guy was not ready to risk another head injury. I’m really disappointed in the Oilers and all the people who let that happen. A player’s long term health was put at stake.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 April 2021 11:08]

Clean house or bust

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783233 is a reply to message #783232 ]
Tue, 20 April 2021 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Tue, 20 April 2021 10:46

Sure looks like the Oilers rushed Khaira back. I thought it was weird that he came back so quickly after getting KO’d. What did he miss, 2 games? And then seeing his head spin again not even a month later disgusts me. Clearly the guy was not ready to risk another head injury. I’m really disappointed in the Oilers and all the people who let that happen. A player’s long term health was put at stake.

I don't agree with you at all. If he got hurt, missed a few days, then came back and got another, then I would agree. He got injured Mar 15. Over a month ago.

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783234 is a reply to message #783233 ]
Tue, 20 April 2021 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 20 April 2021 11:04

Sure looks like the Oilers rushed Khaira back. I thought it was weird that he came back so quickly after getting KO’d. What did he miss, 2 games? And then seeing his head spin again not even a month later disgusts me. Clearly the guy was not ready to risk another head injury. I’m really disappointed in the Oilers and all the people who let that happen. A player’s long term health was put at stake.

I don't agree with you at all. If he got hurt, missed a few days, then came back and got another, then I would agree. He got injured Mar 15. Over a month ago.

Last nights hit was... did he even contact the head? Did JJ’s head just bounce off the glass? I didn’t see it live, started watching in the 2nd and just saw the highlight of it but it didn’t seem like anything really. Then it was like his skate blade popped off and he couldn’t stand without help. Concussions linger, and can be misleading as you’ll have some good days. But the effects are long lasting and the slightest shake can send you back to square one.

He had his bell rung. I would argue he came back too quick also, but it’s so hard with concussions bc it’s a rollercoaster in recovery and often one is all it takes to have the effects last your lifetime.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783235 is a reply to message #783234 ]
Tue, 20 April 2021 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 20 April 2021 12:33

Last nights hit was... did he even contact the head? Did JJ’s head just bounce off the glass? I didn’t see it live, started watching in the 2nd and just saw the highlight of it but it didn’t seem like anything really. Then it was like his skate blade popped off and he couldn’t stand without help. Concussions linger, and can be misleading as you’ll have some good days. But the effects are long lasting and the slightest shake can send you back to square one.

He had his bell rung. I would argue he came back too quick also, but it’s so hard with concussions bc it’s a rollercoaster in recovery and often one is all it takes to have the effects last your lifetime.

I thought I saw JJ miss a hit earlier where he ended up going full speed into the boards pretty hard. Wonder if he shook himself up there off the bat. Romanov got him really square in the chest, I wouldn't be surprised if the shoulder got JJ in the chin too.

Poor guy. He has been back for a while for sure, but still, he already got 2 concussions very close together before being out of the lineup last time. You never know how long it actually takes to recover from that stuff. 2 concussions close together has taken some players out for a year. Doesn't look good and I hope he takes his time with this one and doesn't rush back.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 April 2021 12:44]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783236 is a reply to message #783235 ]
Tue, 20 April 2021 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 20 April 2021 12:41

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 20 April 2021 12:33

I thought I saw JJ miss a hit earlier where he ended up going full speed into the boards pretty hard. Wonder if he shook himself up there off the bat. Romanov got him really square in the chest, I wouldn't be surprised if the shoulder got JJ in the chin too.

Poor guy. He has been back for a while for sure, but still, he already got 2 concussions very close together before being out of the lineup last time. You never know how long it actually takes to recover from that stuff. 2 concussions close together has take some players out for a year. Doesn't look good and I hope he takes his time with this one and doesn't rush back.

Yep - good chance these things are related. It's tough with concussions because they don't have the same recovery for everyone. If you break your arm, there's a bit of a range of how fast you can recover, but it's not a big one and it's pretty easy to determine whether you're recovered or not. The head is a little different.

I do think it didn't look good that he's back any time soon following that. I imagine he's out a month or more.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783237 is a reply to message #783234 ]
Tue, 20 April 2021 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 20 April 2021 15:33

Not that I saw. As a former rugby player though I'm unfortunately pretty familiar with concussions. A solid shot to the chest can still cause whiplash, which, if you've had a concussion recently, can rattle your brain just as bad as if you'd taken a head shot.
If it were my call I'd shut him down for at least the rest of the regular season. Nothing good can come from playing him earlier. It's too bad, as his game had really come around too.

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783238 is a reply to message #783237 ]
Tue, 20 April 2021 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jds308  is currently offline jds308

No Cups

I was in a minor car accident last Jan 2020, I was rear-ended while stopped and waiting to merge onto a hwy. I've been dealing with post-concussion syndrome for 15 months now. It's not crippling for me by any means but does limit some things that I can do in my day-to-day life. I couldn't imagine having to go play professional sports!

I make music:
Undermaker442

308 Media Group

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783241 is a reply to message #783237 ]
Tue, 20 April 2021 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Tue, 20 April 2021 12:46

Not that I saw. As a former rugby player though I'm unfortunately pretty familiar with concussions. A solid shot to the chest can still cause whiplash, which, if you've had a concussion recently, can rattle your brain just as bad as if you'd taken a head shot.
If it were my call I'd shut him down for at least the rest of the regular season. Nothing good can come from playing him earlier. It's too bad, as his game had really come around too.

Sure looked like his head snapped forward. concussions are scary stuff. I'd be okay with not seeing JJ any more this season, even if he was doing well as a checker.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783243 is a reply to message #783241 ]
Tue, 20 April 2021 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

This is surprising:

Quote:

Daniel Nugent-Bowman
@DNBsports

There seems to be some optimism surrounding Jujhar Khaira.

Dave Tippett said he spoke to Khaira this morning and the centre said he felt good. Khaira won't be in the lineup Wed., and there's no clear timeline for a return. (EDM next plays Monday.) Still, a bit of good news.

I think he likely should still be sat down for a few.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783245 is a reply to message #783243 ]
Tue, 20 April 2021 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

No Cups

My first thought was that I was scared it was a cardiovascular injury. A major chest impact that wobbles a guy like that is yikes. I hope every precaution is taken.

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783250 is a reply to message #783243 ]
Tue, 20 April 2021 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 20 April 2021 13:39

This is surprising:

Quote:

Daniel Nugent-Bowman
@DNBsports

There seems to be some optimism surrounding Jujhar Khaira.

Dave Tippett said he spoke to Khaira this morning and the centre said he felt good. Khaira won't be in the lineup Wed., and there's no clear timeline for a return. (EDM next plays Monday.) Still, a bit of good news.

I think he likely should still be sat down for a few.

I mean, I get it. He’s (JJ) playing for a contract. But man... look at Ferland. Take your time JJ.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783253 is a reply to message #783237 ]
Tue, 20 April 2021 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Tue, 20 April 2021 12:46

It looked like whiplash to me, in the hit at least. From experience, whiplash can certainly mess you up right after it happens and going forward. I was briefly unconscious. I probably have 1 diagnosed and 2 or 3 undiagnosed concussions in the rearview, luckily for me with years in between. It's scary when you get physically sick after one and are noticeably off. Khaira didnt go down immediately but I don't know how. Knowing his recent history, it was a bit sickening to watch. I hope they just shut him down for as long as it takes.

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783265 is a reply to message #783237 ]
Tue, 20 April 2021 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Tue, 20 April 2021 11:46

Problem with deciding when its safe to come back from a concussion, is that all a medical staff, and the player have to base decisions on are the presented symptoms, JJ might not present symptoms, to the doctor or to himself, but the effects can linger invisibly, not everyone who gets concussed is going to get more easily concussed again, different recovery for different people.

But now that JJ has some history, regardless of symptoms, they know now that he may be one of those who may be susceptible to another concussion.. I think regular season is prudent at the minimum, keep him away from contact, but when he is symptom free, get him on the ice practicing so he's available at some point in the playoffs. The fact he's feeling OK so soon is a positive sign.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783272 is a reply to message #783265 ]
Tue, 20 April 2021 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 20 April 2021 19:46

Problem with deciding when its safe to come back from a concussion, is that all a medical staff, and the player have to base decisions on are the presented symptoms, JJ might not present symptoms, to the doctor or to himself, but the effects can linger invisibly, not everyone who gets concussed is going to get more easily concussed again, different recovery for different people.

But now that JJ has some history, regardless of symptoms, they know now that he may be one of those who may be susceptible to another concussion.. I think regular season is prudent at the minimum, keep him away from contact, but when he is symptom free, get him on the ice practicing so he's available at some point in the playoffs. The fact he's feeling OK so soon is a positive sign.

I was talking to my buddy who is a big UFC nerd, and how they handle a knockout like Khaira's against Calgary.

He said that most athletic commissions require the fighter to be out for at least a couple months, and that includes no sparring. JJ was back in a week. I just find that appalling. There needs to be a better standard in the NHL.

Knowing what we know about concussions, and then seeing him get his brain get scrambled again on a hit where the head doesn't even seem to be the focal point...it just makes me feel sick to see that happen to a guy twice in 35 days.

The Oilers need to take more care. The league needs to take more care.

Clean house or bust

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783281 is a reply to message #783265 ]
Wed, 21 April 2021 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 20 April 2021 20:46

I dont believe most of what you say to be true.
"is that all a medical staff, and the player have to base decisions on are the presented symptoms"

When my son was playing junior hockey they did baseline cognitive function testing at the start of the year. The only purpose of this was to measure recovery if they did get a concussion.
I can expect an NHL club would have better and more extensive testing and research available than a small city junior club.
While still not an exact science it isnt the way it used to be. Asking a player how he feels and once a headache is gone you put them back on the ice isnt the case anymore. A lot of players will flat out lie to get back out there, especially when a job/contract is on the line.

"not everyone who gets concussed is going to get more easily concussed again"

Every concussion increases the likely hood of another one and also the ease in which you can get once. Less force is required for #2, then less for #3, etc. This is likely an example of that . JJ wasnt even hit in the head but the whiplash seems to have been enough.

"I think regular season is prudent at the minimum, keep him away from contact, but when he is symptom free, get him on the ice practicing so he's available at some point in the playoffs. "

His long term health and quality of life is WAY more important than making sure he is available for the playoffs. Assuming that this is in fact a concussion, two in this short of time should be consideration for automatically shutting him down for the season. These werent little bumps, they guy was scrambled in both of them.

The sight of JJ stumbling across the ice was very scary. I wish the league and clubs took this more seriously.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783254 is a reply to message #783181 ]
Tue, 20 April 2021 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

With how good the team looked last night, in a game that looked an awful lot like a playoff one, does anybody else think Kenny should have considered going for it this year?

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783259 is a reply to message #783254 ]
Tue, 20 April 2021 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Tue, 20 April 2021 16:10

With how good the team looked last night, in a game that looked an awful lot like a playoff one, does anybody else think Kenny should have considered going for it this year?

I think at bare minimum, he should have said:

- We are going for it - we made our moves in the summer when we signed Barrie, Kahun, brought back Puljujarvi, re-signed Smith (who we always suspected would bounce back like this).
- Jim, I don't see the holes you claim to see. Not at all. This is one of the best teams in the league since the end of January, so stuff it with your "roster holes" nonsense.
- We think Kulikov is a perfect fit for what this team needed and we expect that we can contend for a Stanley Cup this year. There's a lot of work to get there, but we have two of the best players in the game at the peak of their prowess and with that on your team, no one can ever really count you out until you're eliminated.
- We looked at adding other pieces, but we weren't going to sell the farm to get them. It had to be a deal that made sense for us to do it, and as I said, I think we're contenders already. We didn't need to make a move unless it was a clear win.

At least tell the world you're going for it...even if you aren't fully in.

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783280 is a reply to message #783259 ]
Wed, 21 April 2021 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ravb1981  is currently offline ravb1981

No Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 20 April 2021 16:38

- We are going for it - we made our moves in the summer when we signed Barrie, Kahun, brought back Puljujarvi, re-signed Smith (who we always suspected would bounce back like this).
- Jim, I don't see the holes you claim to see. Not at all. This is one of the best teams in the league since the end of January, so stuff it with your "roster holes" nonsense.
- We think Kulikov is a perfect fit for what this team needed and we expect that we can contend for a Stanley Cup this year. There's a lot of work to get there, but we have two of the best players in the game at the peak of their prowess and with that on your team, no one can ever really count you out until you're eliminated.
- We looked at adding other pieces, but we weren't going to sell the farm to get them. It had to be a deal that made sense for us to do it, and as I said, I think we're contenders already. We didn't need to make a move unless it was a clear win.

I wish I had a LIKE button for this!

I remember a couple years ago, I had been working for the company I work for about 18 months, still considered a rookie in their eyes. My new boss comes in and starts telling me how good I am and how she sees me ready to become one of the best at the company!

Every touch base we had, she would say this and more.... after a while I started believing it!! I didn't win no Stanley Cup at the end of the year, and definitely COVID swept me in 4 but it felt pretty DAMN good

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783312 is a reply to message #783259 ]
Wed, 21 April 2021 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Yeah, but then people might get mad if they lose in 4 to the Leafs.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783389 is a reply to message #783312 ]
Wed, 21 April 2021 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 21 April 2021 12:59

"Am I upset we got swept in round 2? Of course I'm mad. Our players are mad too. We see this as a real opportunity missed. I hope they remember this anger and use it next year and we use it as motivation."

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48) [message #783390 is a reply to message #783389 ]
Wed, 21 April 2021 21:44 Go to previous message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 21 April 2021 21:42

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 21 April 2021 12:59

"Am I upset we got swept in round 2? Of course I'm mad. Our players are mad too. We see this as a real opportunity missed. I hope they remember this anger and use it next year and we use it as motivation."

"See!! Told you dumb armchair GMs that we weren't ready. How stupid do you look wanting me to trade assets to go for it this year!! As punishment I'm not gonna go for it next year either!"

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Previous Topic:Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49)
Next Topic:Pregame: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca