This day on April 27
None

Happy Birthday To: chickenman23, handsmatter94, TashOiler88

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #39)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #39) [message #781525 is a reply to message #781519 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 30 March 2021 12:27

stemhovlichski wrote on Tue, 30 March 2021 11:49

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 30 March 2021 08:56

Did Nuge play? Time to put him with Leon so Leon can get him to score again. Just not happening for him. I guess the nice thing is his price point should be dropping like a rock.

His price point dropping could mean we get substantially less in a trade than we would have if he was having a decent stretch right now. Pragmatically, he's a UFA and we need to get something for him: either a contract renewal in the next 10 days or players who can fill in holes towards contention. He's been soft and floaty for about 6 weeks now after a great start.

We'll see the asset management side of things quickly. If he stays here without a renewal what are the chances he bails for money elsewhere?

Even if they can't get a deal done before the deadline, I don't think trading Nuge is the right thing to do right now. In all likelihood, you are not getting a player who's better than him right now so why trade him. Your team is good. I haven't seen the percentages but I have to think they are almost a guarantee to be in the playoffs, maybe not 100% but they have to be high 90's. You have a chance at maybe being #1 in your division. They should be looking to add if anything, not subtracting.

Nuge is an elite top 6 winger with the right C that can slow the game down for Nuge to be a sneaky bugger, but we just refuse to play him that way :)

It's just comical at this point the lengths Tippett goes to to play Nuge with everyone except Drai. He even made McDavid play with plugs last night when McDrai was playing terrible. But made sure to work the other lines so Nuge and Drai didn't see 1 second of eachother.

[Updated on: Tue, 30 March 2021 12:52]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #39) [message #781552 is a reply to message #781525 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 30 March 2021 12:50

Did Nuge play? Time to put him with Leon so Leon can get him to score again. Just not happening for him. I guess the nice thing is his price point should be dropping like a rock.

His price point dropping could mean we get substantially less in a trade than we would have if he was having a decent stretch right now. Pragmatically, he's a UFA and we need to get something for him: either a contract renewal in the next 10 days or players who can fill in holes towards contention. He's been soft and floaty for about 6 weeks now after a great start.

We'll see the asset management side of things quickly. If he stays here without a renewal what are the chances he bails for money elsewhere?

Even if they can't get a deal done before the deadline, I don't think trading Nuge is the right thing to do right now. In all likelihood, you are not getting a player who's better than him right now so why trade him. Your team is good. I haven't seen the percentages but I have to think they are almost a guarantee to be in the playoffs, maybe not 100% but they have to be high 90's. You have a chance at maybe being #1 in your division. They should be looking to add if anything, not subtracting.

Nuge is an elite top 6 winger with the right C that can slow the game down for Nuge to be a sneaky bugger, but we just refuse to play him that way :)

It's just comical at this point the lengths Tippett goes to to play Nuge with everyone except Drai. He even made McDavid play with plugs last night when McDrai was playing terrible. But made sure to work the other lines so Nuge and Drai didn't see 1 second of eachother.

I think the Nuge-Turiss-Yamo was possibly the lowest combined weight line I've ever seen play for the Oilers. Definitely not a punishing line in any sense, just pokey forecheckers. When they scored I was laughing so hard at the irony because I felt they were not playing well at all together, especially in clearing their own zone.

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #39) [message #781554 is a reply to message #781552 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 17:01 Go to previous message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

stemhovlichski wrote on Tue, 30 March 2021 16:46

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 30 March 2021 12:50

I think the Nuge-Turiss-Yamo was possibly the lowest combined weight line I've ever seen play for the Oilers. Definitely not a punishing line in any sense, just pokey forecheckers. When they scored I was laughing so hard at the irony because I felt they were not playing well at all together, especially in clearing their own zone.

That was a confirmed genius goal for Tippett if I ever saw one :)

Nuge doing the classic toss down the boards to the D. Larsson with the sweet shot going wide. And then our Tourist takes it off the butt and it goes in.

Definitely calls for that line to be used again tonight :)

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #39)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #39)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca