This day on April 29
None

Happy Birthday To: eightythree, yanner39, Smid4Life, Oil Spill, Ginjanna, Sopranosbaby, epower, Brewer84, rufeo01, OilCup2017

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #7)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #7) [message #773545 is a reply to message #773538 ]
Mon, 25 January 2021 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently online Adam

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 25 January 2021 08:50

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 24 January 2021 22:42

Side note to all the sad Larsson talk.

7/10 from David Staples tonight. For great defensive play and 0 mistakes leading to a quality chance against.

I saw that too and I was a bit shocked by the grade. I wouldn't have given him a failing grade like Barrie got, Barrie had a rough night but I thought Nurse and Bear had good games, they got a 7, but so did Larsson. Nurse played 23:41, Bear 22:00, both were a +3. Larsson played a team low on defense 14:27 and was a -1 and he got the same grade? The next closest was Koekkoek who had 16:12. so the coaching staff decided it was in their best interest to play him the least last night.

I agree I guess that his actions didn't directly count for a goal, but the first goal against he over committed when the Jets guy went wide around the net, out himself out of position then was standing there watching the goal get scored looking around clueless. The only thing he does supposedly well is DEFEND and be physical. He had 1 hit last night and put yourself out of position on the first goal. So how is it that you are having yourself a good game when you aren't doing the only 2 things you can do while playing the least mins.

David Staples' bad hockey takes are only rivaled by his bad political takes. He's a simpleton.

He's also decided that he needs to be the defender of all things Larsson for whatever reason and so he's staking out a contrary position there. It's inane.

Larsson was weak along the boards leading to the first goal against, and he again came back towards the play but didn't engage anyone, just standing alone beside the net and watching the puck go in. He's lost minutes because he has been leaking goals. There was an Ehlers rush in the second period where Larsson was the only man back and he played the one on one atrociously. Didn't get the man, didn't get the puck, and Ehlers got a pretty decent scoring chance. I always think it's good to be a little cautious on looking at single plays - even Lidstrom got burned sometimes - but I think it was pretty representative of how he's played. He's struggling mightily right now.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #7) [message #773596 is a reply to message #773545 ]
Mon, 25 January 2021 20:59 Go to previous message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 25 January 2021 10:02

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 25 January 2021 08:50

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 24 January 2021 22:42

Side note to all the sad Larsson talk.

7/10 from David Staples tonight. For great defensive play and 0 mistakes leading to a quality chance against.

I saw that too and I was a bit shocked by the grade. I wouldn't have given him a failing grade like Barrie got, Barrie had a rough night but I thought Nurse and Bear had good games, they got a 7, but so did Larsson. Nurse played 23:41, Bear 22:00, both were a +3. Larsson played a team low on defense 14:27 and was a -1 and he got the same grade? The next closest was Koekkoek who had 16:12. so the coaching staff decided it was in their best interest to play him the least last night.

I agree I guess that his actions didn't directly count for a goal, but the first goal against he over committed when the Jets guy went wide around the net, out himself out of position then was standing there watching the goal get scored looking around clueless. The only thing he does supposedly well is DEFEND and be physical. He had 1 hit last night and put yourself out of position on the first goal. So how is it that you are having yourself a good game when you aren't doing the only 2 things you can do while playing the least mins.

David Staples' bad hockey takes are only rivaled by his bad political takes. He's a simpleton.

He's also decided that he needs to be the defender of all things Larsson for whatever reason and so he's staking out a contrary position there. It's inane.

Larsson was weak along the boards leading to the first goal against, and he again came back towards the play but didn't engage anyone, just standing alone beside the net and watching the puck go in. He's lost minutes because he has been leaking goals. There was an Ehlers rush in the second period where Larsson was the only man back and he played the one on one atrociously. Didn't get the man, didn't get the puck, and Ehlers got a pretty decent scoring chance. I always think it's good to be a little cautious on looking at single plays - even Lidstrom got burned sometimes - but I think it was pretty representative of how he's played. He's struggling mightily right now.

If only Staples ratings were a path to climbing up the lineup. Play 14 mins because your coach is babying you. Be nowhere to be seen when a high quality chance is being taken on your net. 7/10.

Larsson doesn't seem like a guy that would actually slack off out on the ice. Really think he's battling through something. Maybe mental, likely physical.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 January 2021 21:00]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Send a private message to this user  

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #8)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #7)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca