This day on May 5
Acquired: John Blum (1981)

Happy Birthday To: BitterEnd, limecorrado, Bluefire, oilstained, Oilstained4Life, 35 for HOF

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773146 is a reply to message #773131 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 13:15

There should be a big time advantage for the Oilers at center tonight. Leafs are rolling out:
Tavares, Kerfoot, Spezza, Brooks. NO clue who Brooks is.

One of McD or Leon is going up against Kerfoot. They HAVE too take advantage of that.

That would be former Regina Pats Captain Adam Brooks.

While he was a decent leader here and put up good stats there is a reason he was drafted in the fourth round.
He is not a big guy and while he has a decent skill set there isnt much he does exceptionally well. Without having that elite skill anywhere his high scoring in junior wasnt likely to translate to the NHL. I always thought his skating would need major improvements to play center, wondered if he would move to wing in the pros.
I took a lot of crap from Pats/Leafs fans around here when I claimed that in his draft +1 year but so far it seems about right.

All of that means you can expect him to get his first NHL goal tonight.

Anyway, no reason you would know him but a bit of context.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773130 is a reply to message #773077 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Nuge-Connor-Kass
Kahun-Leon-Yams
Ennis-Turris-Puljujarvi
Neal-Shore-Arch

Is what the big man (Stauff) believes will be the lineup tonight. Same as practice yesterday.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773132 is a reply to message #773130 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 12:14

Nuge-Connor-Kass
Kahun-Leon-Yams
Ennis-Turris-Puljujarvi
Neal-Shore-Arch

Is what the big man (Stauff) believes will be the lineup tonight. Same as practice yesterday.

Other than I thought Haas would be the 4th line center, those are the lines I would pick as being the best.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773135 is a reply to message #773130 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 11:14

Nuge-Connor-Kass
Kahun-Leon-Yams
Ennis-Turris-Puljujarvi
Neal-Shore-Arch

I'd actually like to see Ennis up with DY, making it the .. YED, EDY, or DYE, line..

Kahun is OK, but I've thought Ennis brings more.. although JP needs all the help he can get with boat anchor Turris.. so might be best way to balance talent/intensity between lines.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773136 is a reply to message #773135 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 12:38

Nuge-Connor-Kass
Kahun-Leon-Yams
Ennis-Turris-Puljujarvi
Neal-Shore-Arch

I'd actually like to see Ennis up with DY, making it the .. YED, EDY, or DYE, line..

Kahun is OK, but I've thought Ennis brings more.. although JP needs all the help he can get with boat anchor Turris.. so might be best way to balance talent/intensity between lines.

I think Kahun has been fine. That line generates lots of chances pretty much every game and the play doesn't die on Kahun's stick. If he had any luck, he'd probably have a couple already.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773140 is a reply to message #773136 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 12:52

Nuge-Connor-Kass
Kahun-Leon-Yams
Ennis-Turris-Puljujarvi
Neal-Shore-Arch

I think Kahun has been fine. That line generates lots of chances pretty much every game and the play doesn't die on Kahun's stick. If he had any luck, he'd probably have a couple already.

Yeah - for all the people clamouring to move RNH back to that line, Draisaitl & Yamamoto have been dramatically outchancing the lines they've been up against. I'm not sure strengthening that line and weakening McDavid's would be helpful at all.

Same thing with moving Kahun. I think that line is effective, so let's just find a way to make the other ones click. I would maybe consider Ennis taking Kassian's spot. We went with an all-right shot line earlier this year, so why not an all-lefty one?

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773142 is a reply to message #773140 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 13:26

Nuge-Connor-Kass
Kahun-Leon-Yams
Ennis-Turris-Puljujarvi
Neal-Shore-Arch

Yeah - for all the people clamouring to move RNH back to that line, Draisaitl & Yamamoto have been dramatically outchancing the lines they've been up against. I'm not sure strengthening that line and weakening McDavid's would be helpful at all.

Same thing with moving Kahun. I think that line is effective, so let's just find a way to make the other ones click. I would maybe consider Ennis taking Kassian's spot. We went with an all-right shot line earlier this year, so why not an all-lefty one?

Defintely keep Drai+Yams together. I think those other 3 wing spots in the top 6 though are pretty interchangeable. Swap Nuge and Kahun, you may just end up iwth the exact same results, and who knows, maybe better on McDavid's line.

Really need to figure out a way to compliment McDavid still. There is nothing that spectacular that has happened the last 2 seasons when McDavid and Nuge were together where you really felt like Nuge was a big part of it. 50% GF these last 2 seasons. Shot share close to even. Pretty meh, and looks pretty meh too.

Side note, McDavid has been on for more 5v5 goals in 54 minutes with Nygard (7GF 2GA) than his 127 mins with Nuge (6GF 6GA) these last 2 seasons. #FreeNygard

[Updated on: Fri, 22 January 2021 13:50]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773150 is a reply to message #773142 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 13:47

Nuge-Connor-Kass
Kahun-Leon-Yams
Ennis-Turris-Puljujarvi
Neal-Shore-Arch

Defintely keep Drai+Yams together. I think those other 3 wing spots in the top 6 though are pretty interchangeable. Swap Nuge and Kahun, you may just end up iwth the exact same results, and who knows, maybe better on McDavid's line.

Really need to figure out a way to compliment McDavid still. There is nothing that spectacular that has happened the last 2 seasons when McDavid and Nuge were together where you really felt like Nuge was a big part of it. 50% GF these last 2 seasons. Shot share close to even. Pretty meh, and looks pretty meh too.

Side note, McDavid has been on for more 5v5 goals in 54 minutes with Nygard (7GF 2GA) than his 127 mins with Nuge (6GF 6GA) these last 2 seasons. #FreeNygard

In all honesty, do you really expect any winger to be a massive key to a McD line. When I think of a guys what would compliment McD the best. Both guys need to be able to skate fairly well. I think you need a big body on 1 wing who goes to the net, gets pucks out of the corner, has to have some skill and is a somewhat physical guy who can watch McD's back a bit. That is why I am not down on Kassian like some. He got robbed by Price one game and missed a goal by a couple of inches against the Leafs. Plus he's had a few other chances. With a tiny bit of luck, he'd had a couple and no one would be talking about him. The other winger needs to be a skilled guy who has the ability to get pucks to McD in spots and be ready to shoot.

So I don't think Nuge and Kassian are bad fits at all. Kassian could use a little puck luck and I thought he looked better against the Leafs. Nuge I think he's just not playing well and he needs to flat out bury a few of his chances. I do wish Nuge had a tad more jam in his game.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773154 is a reply to message #773150 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 14:26

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 13:47

Nuge-Connor-Kass
Kahun-Leon-Yams
Ennis-Turris-Puljujarvi
Neal-Shore-Arch

In all honesty, do you really expect any winger to be a massive key to a McD line. When I think of a guys what would compliment McD the best. Both guys need to be able to skate fairly well. I think you need a big body on 1 wing who goes to the net, gets pucks out of the corner, has to have some skill and is a somewhat physical guy who can watch McD's back a bit. That is why I am not down on Kassian like some. He got robbed by Price one game and missed a goal by a couple of inches against the Leafs. Plus he's had a few other chances. With a tiny bit of luck, he'd had a couple and no one would be talking about him. The other winger needs to be a skilled guy who has the ability to get pucks to McD in spots and be ready to shoot.

So I don't think Nuge and Kassian are bad fits at all. Kassian could use a little puck luck and I thought he looked better against the Leafs. Nuge I think he's just not playing well and he needs to flat out bury a few of his chances. I do wish Nuge had a tad more jam in his game.

I think of Kassian on the first line the same way I look at Chiasson on the first PP unit. If you're producing you get to stay there. If you're not, then you're out. Kassian hasn't just put up no points, he's also had only 4 shots to this point. His 11 hits are only two more than McDavid has. I don't think he's been pulling his weight there to this point. I'm willing to give Nuge a little more leeway because he's a much better player, but for Kassian, I'm switching it up now and giving someone else a chance. And if they falter then maybe Zack gets another shot, but I wouldn't be giving him a long rope there.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773155 is a reply to message #773154 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 15:39

I think of Kassian on the first line the same way I look at Chiasson on the first PP unit. If you're producing you get to stay there. If you're not, then you're out. Kassian hasn't just put up no points, he's also had only 4 shots to this point. His 11 hits are only two more than McDavid has. I don't think he's been pulling his weight there to this point. I'm willing to give Nuge a little more leeway because he's a much better player, but for Kassian, I'm switching it up now and giving someone else a chance. And if they falter then maybe Zack gets another shot, but I wouldn't be giving him a long rope there.

Believe prior to last game we heard that Tip had a one v one with Kass to talk about what they need him to do and that Tip and co were understanding of his current situation, new baby and all, but wanted him to know the expectation of his play.

I wouldn’t be surprised, if his lackluster game continues for the remainder of this road trip, that we see Arch on Connor’s right side when we’re back at Rogers. I say Arch because of the staff’s love for him and his deployment there in the past.

Add: I also picked Kass up in the oilfans fantasy league so I think I’m a little more invested than most here haha I at least need some pims if he ain’t gonna put up points

Addx2: Adam... Kass HAS put up a point. He had an assist in the opener icon_wink

[Updated on: Fri, 22 January 2021 15:10]

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773143 is a reply to message #773140 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 14:26

Nuge-Connor-Kass
Kahun-Leon-Yams
Ennis-Turris-Puljujarvi
Neal-Shore-Arch

Because he isn’t a deterrent who can skate and have played hands now and then. It’s pretty simple.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773144 is a reply to message #773140 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Nuge-Connor-Kass
Kahun-Leon-Yams
Ennis-Turris-Puljujarvi
Neal-Shore-Arch

Not sure what is going on here but you and I are agreeing on things. Freaking me out. icon_lol

A lot of teams usually have pairs, you don't see a lot of trios. You hot Drai and Yamo as a really good pair and if Nuge just picked up his play a big more, you'd had another good pairing as he has had chances.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773134 is a reply to message #773077 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

JIMMY IS ACTIVATED!!!

Nygard to TS and Rodrigue to the Condors

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773156 is a reply to message #773077 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Oiler Leaf mash-up..

Austen Puljujarvi

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EsWdljXXUAMYqxh?format=jpg&name=small

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773157 is a reply to message #773156 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 14:50

Oiler Leaf mash-up..

Austen Puljujarvi

https://i.imgur.com/O9xsgFd.gif

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773158 is a reply to message #773156 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 22 January 2021 15:50

Oiler Leaf mash-up..

Austen Puljujarvi

Looks like Pennywise the clown without makeup

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6) [message #773177 is a reply to message #773158 ]
Fri, 22 January 2021 17:02 Go to previous message
sinfulchimp306  is currently offline sinfulchimp306

No Cups

Human version of the grinch.

Formerly gagnerisgod.
PLAY LABAMBA BABY

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6)
Next Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #5)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca