This day on May 3
None

Happy Birthday To: Teemu Hartikainen, Aspin, erixon, thamilton986

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #5)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #5) [message #773011 is a reply to message #773010 ]
Thu, 21 January 2021 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 09:23

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 05:36

g2k wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 01:43

NetBOG wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 00:06

g2k wrote on Wed, 20 January 2021 22:59

Damn, I wish I didn’t sit this one out now.

Didn’t sound pretty, but who cares?

Sounds like a “steal 2 points and get out......eer....stay in town. Yeah. Lame. 🤮

I know you didn't watch, but don't mistake, the Oilers beat the Leafs. They played with energy, were defensively responsible, Koski was great (don't listen to the Debby Downers), PP got a goal, shut the Leafs down in the 3rd, and no panic attack when the goalie was pulled. Certain people just can't deal with this team if they don't fail like they expect.

Rumour on the street is Leon scored too.

Rumour also has it, that Puljujarvi got an assist AND we scored an empty netter.

WE WON A MUST WIN GAME BOYS! Gotta start somewhere.

AND Tippett's mask wasn't wrapped under his chin with his nose and mouth hangings out all game long!

I would actually give that more credit for the win than anything.

The compete Tippett showed to keep that mask in check really inspired the team to get pucks deep, bodies to the net and play their game. A win is a win, is a win. Look for Tippett to continue that inspiring compete level going forward, the club needs it.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #5) [message #773012 is a reply to message #773010 ]
Thu, 21 January 2021 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

It wasn't a win where you will remember it a year from now. It was a not overly exciting, ugly, hard fought win BUT those types of wins count for the same amount of points as a super exciting win.

Koskinen other than the goal was very solid. They can win with goaltending like that and in all honesty, he's been pretty solid.

I thought the whole defense was pretty solid. The played lock down defense, didn't give the Leafs much, cut the shots down dramatically. I looked at the minutes played, Russell played the least at 15:21. Larsson, Barrie, Bear, Koekkoek all played a little over 19 mins. Nurse had 21. I think they need to be just like that every game, balance out the minutes. Koekkoek, holy man this guy has been a hell of a signing so far.

I thought the McDavid line was better than the last few games. Still waiting for McDavid to look like McDavid. All the media was raving about how he looked faster in camp. Feel free to take the governor off McD. Is he another guy that feeds off the crowd? Kassian's play in the corner on Matthews goal, holy man that was bad but he picked it up after and was good. I really hope he takes that play as the wake up call to get it going from the drop of the puck. Nuge was just meh again. He's doing a great job driving his price to resign down.

Leon's line was decent. I am loving Yamo. The guy just keeps going. For a tiny guy, he sure comes out a lot with pucks. If they could just get his effort level to rub off on a few guys. I am thinking Kahun is going to get one real soon.

Turris's line. Turris is great on draws - 70%- great on the PK but he needs to pick it up 5 on 5. Guys are coming back, he better watch it. JP was OK again. He and Nygard got less than 10 mins but he got an assist on Leon's goal for just basically causing problems in front of the goal. Good for him. Hope he continues. Nygard is another guy who was OK but guy are coming back.

4th line. - Arch did was he does best and looked good. Shore looked good again. Is Khaira taking notes because that is EXACTLY what a 4th liner should do. Chiasson... meh. I think he is holding Neal's spot for him.

Big win for them though. I hope it showed them what can happen if the team as a whole plays solid defense and isn't giving up over 30 shots a game. Koskinen in 5 games has faced 171 shots. That's insane. The nice thing about the win is there is a lot of room for the team to improve offensively.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 January 2021 08:56]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #5) [message #773017 is a reply to message #773010 ]
Thu, 21 January 2021 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 08:23

Sounds like a “steal 2 points and get out......eer....stay in town. Yeah. Lame. 🤮

I know you didn't watch, but don't mistake, the Oilers beat the Leafs. They played with energy, were defensively responsible, Koski was great (don't listen to the Debby Downers), PP got a goal, shut the Leafs down in the 3rd, and no panic attack when the goalie was pulled. Certain people just can't deal with this team if they don't fail like they expect.

Rumour also has it, that Puljujarvi got an assist AND we scored an empty netter.

AND Tippett's mask wasn't wrapped under his chin with his nose and mouth hangings out all game long!

Meh, that's just a pose anyway, the players directly in front of him are shoulder to shoulder, hacking and spitting, and maskless.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #5) [message #773031 is a reply to message #773017 ]
Thu, 21 January 2021 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Do people think that part of the issue with how the Oilers play sometimes which can be loose, has to do with the reaction of the fans to how the game is played? The Oilers won last night, it wasn't a high event game but they got a big win over a tough opponent and there are lots of fans complaining how it was boring. There are bloggers writing articles about it being boring. How the fans feel about a game whether its "boring" or not shouldn't impact how the players play. Those guys should be playing to win every game however way that is because at the end of the day, the only truly important stat is a WIN. Yet, I think it does have an impact on the players because in Tippet's post game comments, he brought up how the media was saying Toronto and Edmonton need to play more defense, so they do that and the media complains the game was boring. So clearly it does impact the players to some degree.

So do we as fans maybe need to change our mindset a tiny bit and start accepting wins no matter how they come rather than find reasons to complain about things?

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #5) [message #773034 is a reply to message #773031 ]
Thu, 21 January 2021 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 13:22

Do people think that part of the issue with how the Oilers play sometimes which can be loose, has to do with the reaction of the fans to how the game is played? The Oilers won last night, it wasn't a high event game but they got a big win over a tough opponent and there are lots of fans complaining how it was boring. There are bloggers writing articles about it being boring. How the fans feel about a game whether its "boring" or not shouldn't impact how the players play. Those guys should be playing to win every game however way that is because at the end of the day, the only truly important stat is a WIN. Yet, I think it does have an impact on the players because in Tippet's post game comments, he brought up how the media was saying Toronto and Edmonton need to play more defense, so they do that and the media complains the game was boring. So clearly it does impact the players to some degree.

So do we as fans maybe need to change our mindset a tiny bit and start accepting wins no matter how they come rather than find reasons to complain about things?

If this was true, wouldn’t we see this team act so gutless for the majority of their games the last 320ish days. icon_wink

Do they feed off the fans in game? Sure. But they’re pros. The media, and fans, saying online about how a team should play doesn’t ‘inspire’ the team to play a certain way. Look no further than how NFL players view fantasy football and those idiots that mention players and blame players for their lost weeks and whatnot. Heck, look at the NHL and fans shouting shoooooooot on a powerplay. The players have their game plans and their play styles. Fans, and the media, can’t change that.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #5) [message #773032 is a reply to message #773017 ]
Thu, 21 January 2021 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 09:57

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 08:23

Meh, that's just a pose anyway, the players directly in front of him are shoulder to shoulder, hacking and spitting, and maskless.

Sometimes there is value in the leader setting a good example. Even if the damn millennials don't listen in the end :) They can still be inspired a bit by knowing their leader is doing his best!

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #5) [message #773035 is a reply to message #773006 ]
Thu, 21 January 2021 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne is currently online PlusOne

1 Cup

NetBOG wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 01:06

Ya, this is key, they won AGAINST THE LEAFS.
It sure wanst pretty or overly entertaining hockey but they played a game that brought in two points.
As a viewer I am hoping they can give us some fun hockey to watch AND get two points but given history I will take the two points and less entertainment.

Not much to complain about. I thought Kosko played his part. The goal wasnt great but stuff happens. If that is the only one that goes in then his job is done.
I know some are saying the Oilers got the bounces/breaks/puck luck but as I mentioned in the GDT that happens when you are working hard.

Koekkoek has been a blessing. I know expectations relative to performance play a large part but he is found money at this point.
Russell has been solid. His job isnt to be flashy and make 80 foot passes but he has been steady in the D zone and hasnt looked as jittery. Also, I dont focus 100% on the game but I havent noticed a single starfish!

I am still hoping the get Bouchard into the rotation soon. Sitting and watching hockey is doing nothing for his development and I still think he could help.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #5) [message #773036 is a reply to message #773035 ]
Thu, 21 January 2021 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 13:50

I am still hoping the get Bouchard into the rotation soon. Sitting and watching hockey is doing nothing for his development and I still think he could help.

While I fully agree, who are you taking out for him?

They’re not taking Barrie out. They’re not sitting Lars. I don’t see them benching Bear unless he gives them reason to again.

I don’t think they put him on the left side to see what he can do.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #5) [message #773050 is a reply to message #773036 ]
Thu, 21 January 2021 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 12:56

They’re not taking Barrie out. They’re not sitting Lars. I don’t see them benching Bear unless he gives them reason to again.

I would sit Larsson. I agree though, the team may struggle with the optics of that.

It wouldn't surprise me to have the team move someone from right side to left side. Tippett hasn't seemed too concerned about doing that compared to other coaches. Jones played a lot of last year on the wrong side with Russell.

I could see them sitting out Barrie too if he has a rough night. He's already -4 on the season, and has had some struggles on the PP. I don't think he's been bad, but Bouchard is of a pretty similar mold, so I could see them thinking that make sense that Barrie would come out if Bouchard went in. Again, that could be a big story in the media though.

I just hope that if they aren't playing Bouchard, they're sending him down soon. I don't think there's any sense in having him spend a season eating popcorn.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #5) [message #773060 is a reply to message #773050 ]
Thu, 21 January 2021 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 15:47

I would sit Larsson. I agree though, the team may struggle with the optics of that.

It wouldn't surprise me to have the team move someone from right side to left side. Tippett hasn't seemed too concerned about doing that compared to other coaches. Jones played a lot of last year on the wrong side with Russell.

I could see them sitting out Barrie too if he has a rough night. He's already -4 on the season, and has had some struggles on the PP. I don't think he's been bad, but Bouchard is of a pretty similar mold, so I could see them thinking that make sense that Barrie would come out if Bouchard went in. Again, that could be a big story in the media though.

I just hope that if they aren't playing Bouchard, they're sending him down soon. I don't think there's any sense in having him spend a season eating popcorn.

To 'Gasms question. If I was in charge I would rotate one of Jones, Bear and Bouchard out so they play 2/3 games each. If one clearly rises to the top you adjust then. If someone like Larsson is consistently in the quality of play of those three you give the best one the full time spot and Larsson becomes part of the rotation.
The Left/Right issue isnt a huge deal when you are talking third pairing minutes. While it isnt ideal it has to be better than icing an inferior group and/or stunting the growth of Bouchard.

As for the optics on Larsson. This team needs to get over optics and start moving forward to winning. If Larsson is not pulling his weight he needs to be dropped down or scratched.

IIRC AHL starts on Feb 5th. I would assume Bouchard gets some icetime soon or he will be packing for Cali given there will be some quarantine required before he can hit the ice with others.
If he isn't sent down I really hope they have a plan that isnt "sit and watch until someone above you gets hurt". His development so far has followed a good path, smart and appropriate, not rushed. Dont screw it up now.

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #5) [message #773061 is a reply to message #773060 ]
Thu, 21 January 2021 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 17:43

Adam wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 15:47

To 'Gasms question. If I was in charge I would rotate one of Jones, Bear and Bouchard out so they play 2/3 games each. If one clearly rises to the top you adjust then. If someone like Larsson is consistently in the quality of play of those three you give the best one the full time spot and Larsson becomes part of the rotation.
The Left/Right issue isnt a huge deal when you are talking third pairing minutes. While it isnt ideal it has to be better than icing an inferior group and/or stunting the growth of Bouchard.

As for the optics on Larsson. This team needs to get over optics and start moving forward to winning. If Larsson is not pulling his weight he needs to be dropped down or scratched.

IIRC AHL starts on Feb 5th. I would assume Bouchard gets some icetime soon or he will be packing for Cali given there will be some quarantine required before he can hit the ice with others.
If he isn't sent down I really hope they have a plan that isnt "sit and watch until someone above you gets hurt". His development so far has followed a good path, smart and appropriate, not rushed. Dont screw it up now.

I don’t foresee any changes to our D, barring (the seemingly inevitable) collapse. I think those making the decisions like the Koekkoek-Larson pair, along with (when he’s on his game) Bear with Nurse. Also would be surprised if they yank Kowboy after his stabilization and there’s no way they sit Barrie. Barring injury, I don’t see a change.

I expect Bouchard is the one sent down when Haas is ready. The timelines will match up, I suspect. Quine will go down when Neal is back and either Nygard or Chiasson to the TS.

That’s just my views though

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #5) [message #773067 is a reply to message #773061 ]
Thu, 21 January 2021 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 18:03

I don’t foresee any changes to our D, barring (the seemingly inevitable) collapse. I think those making the decisions like the Koekkoek-Larson pair, along with (when he’s on his game) Bear with Nurse. Also would be surprised if they yank Kowboy after his stabilization and there’s no way they sit Barrie. Barring injury, I don’t see a change.

I expect Bouchard is the one sent down when Haas is ready. The timelines will match up, I suspect. Quine will go down when Neal is back and either Nygard or Chiasson to the TS.

Likely spot on.
If the current blend plays well through the next couple games then I will back off the Free Bouch campaign.
Its been a small sample size and last game was decent. There have been more bad than good.

I have said that Kowboy (I like it, I am using it) has played well but history tells me it isnt a long term solution.
Larsson has not been good. I doubt it will turn around.
Nurse has been pretty bad but his spot is safe as him bad is still better then most Oiler options.
I like Bear, I think he is going to have a decent long career but his ceiling is a strong second pairing guy or the stabilizing half of a top pair with an elite offensive talent.
Jones has shown he isnt quite there yet. I have doubts he will be.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #5) [message #773068 is a reply to message #773067 ]
Thu, 21 January 2021 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 19:57

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 18:03

Likely spot on.
If the current blend plays well through the next couple games then I will back off the Free Bouch campaign.
Its been a small sample size and last game was decent. There have been more bad than good.

I have said that Kowboy (I like it, I am using it) has played well but history tells me it isnt a long term solution.
Larsson has not been good. I doubt it will turn around.
Nurse has been pretty bad but his spot is safe as him bad is still better then most Oiler options.
I like Bear, I think he is going to have a decent long career but his ceiling is a strong second pairing guy or the stabilizing half of a top pair with an elite offensive talent.
Jones has shown he isnt quite there yet. I have doubts he will be.

I would also wager that Koekkoek’s presence and foothold on a spot hindered Bouchard’s path for ice time.

I think our thoughts on the D are fairly aligned. I would like to see what Bouchard has for the big stage, see where he is in development. To go along with the aforementioned, are we sure the fragile psyche of this team can withstand the trial period of a dman in this shortened season? Bouchard playing is better than Bouchard on a taxi squad, so I expect he’ll go to Bakersfield.

Sure would have been great if the Oilers partnered with one of the Canadian AHL teams for the year. C’est la vie.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #5) [message #773072 is a reply to message #773068 ]
Thu, 21 January 2021 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 19:10

I would also wager that Koekkoek’s presence and foothold on a spot hindered Bouchard’s path for ice time.

I think our thoughts on the D are fairly aligned. I would like to see what Bouchard has for the big stage, see where he is in development. To go along with the aforementioned, are we sure the fragile psyche of this team can withstand the trial period of a dman in this shortened season? Bouchard playing is better than Bouchard on a taxi squad, so I expect he’ll go to Bakersfield.

Sure would have been great if the Oilers partnered with one of the Canadian AHL teams for the year. C’est la vie.

My issue is that Bouchard's trajectory should have him making the NHL about now. If he can't - if Lagesson and Koekkoek and Russell are actually considered better options than him now, that should be a cause for serious concern.

It's possible that it's just a coach who is loathe to give young players ice time, but here's the other high pick defenceman from his draft year:

Rasmus Dahlin (#1) - 145 games
Quinn Hughes (#6) - 78 games
Adam Boqvist (#7) - 45 games
Noah Dobson (#12) - 37 games

All of them are on the roster and playing this season.

Bouchard's only sniff was the ill-advised start of his rookie season where he was totally out-matched, but due to the Oilers need to always use some of those eligible games to sell hope, he was thrown in anyhow, played a relatively low minutes (low of 8, high of 14) and was -5 with 1-0-1. He hasn't seen a chance since.

I'm a little worried that because he was picked by Chiarelli and not the current GM, he's out of favour unfairly. That would be pretty stupid, but hey, it's the Oilers and Holland picked another defenceman high in the next draft and the Oilers media's never been able to stop comparing the two since.

Bouchard had better CHL numbers than Dobson (QMJHL) or Boqvist (his teammate in London in the OHL), and produced well in his rookie season in the AHL. He was putting up points in Sweden in the first half of this year too. I know "over-seasoning" is the new theme for the Oilers, but at the same time, we need to figure out what we have fairly soon. I really believe the Oilers have more decent defence prospects than they can fully develop, so something has to give at some point. The sooner we see what Bouchard brings to the table, the better informed the decision is as to whether he's the guy who should be traded or kept.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #5) [message #773073 is a reply to message #773072 ]
Thu, 21 January 2021 22:22 Go to previous message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 22:15

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 19:10

My issue is that Bouchard's trajectory should have him making the NHL about now. If he can't - if Lagesson and Koekkoek and Russell are actually considered better options than him now, that should be a cause for serious concern.

It's possible that it's just a coach who is loathe to give young players ice time, but here's the other high pick defenceman from his draft year:

Rasmus Dahlin (#1) - 145 games
Quinn Hughes (#6) - 78 games
Adam Boqvist (#7) - 45 games
Noah Dobson (#12) - 37 games

All of them are on the roster and playing this season.

Bouchard's only sniff was the ill-advised start of his rookie season where he was totally out-matched, but due to the Oilers need to always use some of those eligible games to sell hope, he was thrown in anyhow, played a relatively low minutes (low of 8, high of 14) and was -5 with 1-0-1. He hasn't seen a chance since.

I'm a little worried that because he was picked by Chiarelli and not the current GM, he's out of favour unfairly. That would be pretty stupid, but hey, it's the Oilers and Holland picked another defenceman high in the next draft and the Oilers media's never been able to stop comparing the two since.

Bouchard had better CHL numbers than Dobson (QMJHL) or Boqvist (his teammate in London in the OHL), and produced well in his rookie season in the AHL. He was putting up points in Sweden in the first half of this year too. I know "over-seasoning" is the new theme for the Oilers, but at the same time, we need to figure out what we have fairly soon. I really believe the Oilers have more decent defence prospects than they can fully develop, so something has to give at some point. The sooner we see what Bouchard brings to the table, the better informed the decision is as to whether he's the guy who should be traded or kept.

I think they're taking the "overripe" thing all the way with Bouchard. The lack of opportunity he's been given is definitely unfortunate though. There is no way they could have made any call on what Bouchard's capability in the NHL is yet. Maybe if the season started a bit better he would have made it into a game now. So many disaster games though. May have been too risky to toss a young guy in as you're trying to find a way to stabilize your entire lineup who are running around like idiots.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 January 2021 22:26]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #5) [message #773040 is a reply to message #772969 ]
Thu, 21 January 2021 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG is currently online NetBOG

2 Cups

TSN saying Austin Matthews left practice early today because "He wasn't feeling good". I hope its not the Covid cooties.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #5) [message #773046 is a reply to message #773040 ]
Thu, 21 January 2021 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 13:43

TSN saying Austin Matthews left practice early today because "He wasn't feeling good". I hope its not the Covid cooties.

If I had to pick 1 player that would get COVID-19 2 times....

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #5) [message #773047 is a reply to message #773040 ]
Thu, 21 January 2021 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

The Toronto Sports Network has to justify the Leafs losing to the Oilers so I am sure that's exactly why the Leafs lost.

It couldn't possibly be that Koskinen isn't the worst goalie in the world and when the Oilers aren't giving up 40 shots a night with tons of wide open shots from the slot or break aways that he's capable of giving a team a chance to win most nights. Or that when the Oilers play some level of organized hockey vs pond hockey, they are actually a decent team capable of beating anyone.

But hey, whatever helps them sleep at night in the center of the universe. If Matthews wasn't 100% I guess that translate into the whole team under performing according to TSN.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 January 2021 14:29]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #5) [message #773051 is a reply to message #773047 ]
Thu, 21 January 2021 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 14:23

The Toronto Sports Network has to justify the Leafs losing to the Oilers so I am sure that's exactly why the Leafs lost.

It couldn't possibly be that Koskinen isn't the worst goalie in the world and when the Oilers aren't giving up 40 shots a night with tons of wide open shots from the slot or break aways that he's capable of giving a team a chance to win most nights. Or that when the Oilers play some level of organized hockey vs pond hockey, they are actually a decent team capable of beating anyone.

But hey, whatever helps them sleep at night in the center of the universe. If Matthews wasn't 100% I guess that translate into the whole team under performing according to TSN.

Yeeeaaahhhh, if he left practice, I'm willing to accept that he may not be healthy today and that it might not just be part of a narrative.

I'm all about the Washington Capitals conspiracy theory, but this one is too far out for me.

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #6)
Next Topic:Oilers 2021 training camp roster
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca