This day on January 25
Acquired: Glenn Anderson (1996)

Happy Birthday To: Angelus, barnaclehead, sharks eat oilers, RomanianOiler, cinnamon, Oilers since 84, m_fish82, Bubble

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » Oilers expected to re-sign Haas, add Lennstrom
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Oilers expected to re-sign Haas, add Lennstrom [message #759592]
Mon, 27 April 2020 13:12 Go to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

2 Cups

Quote:

The Edmonton Oilers are expected to re-sign forward Gaetan Haas and sign free agent defenceman Theodor Lennstrom to contracts, according to TSN's Ryan Rishaug.

Lennstrom, 25, netted three goals and added 12 assists with Frolunda HC of the Swedish Hockey League this past season. Lennstrom, a native of Sweden, has played professionally in his home country for the past seven seasons.

https://www.tsn.ca/edmonton-oilers-expected-to-sign-gaetan-h aas-theodor-lennstrom-1.1470310

Lennstrom was 2nd on his team in defense scoring, but he played 20 less games than his peer in first. His P/GP puts him well into 1st for defenseman scoring pace.

Clean house or bust

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Oilers expected to re-sign Haas, add Lennstrom [message #759593 is a reply to message #759592 ]
Mon, 27 April 2020 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently online Adam

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Mon, 27 April 2020 13:12

Quote:

The Edmonton Oilers are expected to re-sign forward Gaetan Haas and sign free agent defenceman Theodor Lennstrom to contracts, according to TSN's Ryan Rishaug.

Lennstrom, 25, netted three goals and added 12 assists with Frolunda HC of the Swedish Hockey League this past season. Lennstrom, a native of Sweden, has played professionally in his home country for the past seven seasons.

https://www.tsn.ca/edmonton-oilers-expected-to-sign-gaetan-h aas-theodor-lennstrom-1.1470310

Lennstrom was 2nd on his team in defense scoring, but he played 20 less games than his peer in first. His P/GP puts him well into 1st for defenseman scoring pace.

25 year old left shot defenceman. We can always use someone to replace Kris Russell...

Haas? Meh. He was okay this year but really nothing special. Showed flashes but failed to produce much. As long as it's cheap and we can easily demote him without cap consequences, then I'm fine with that move.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Oilers expected to re-sign Haas, add Lennstrom [message #759594 is a reply to message #759592 ]
Mon, 27 April 2020 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

2 Cups

For some additional context on Lennstrom stats:

Joel Persson:

2018-19 in SweHL: 31 points in 51 games. 0.607 P/GP

Persson was traded this year at the deadline to Anaheim for goalie Angus Redmond and a conditional 2022 seventh-round pick.

Theodor Lennstrom:

2019-20 in SweHL: 15 points in 31 games. 0.48 P/GP

Clean house or bust

Re: Oilers expected to re-sign Haas, add Lennstrom [message #759598 is a reply to message #759594 ]
Mon, 27 April 2020 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

6 Cups

I'd have no problem if they signed Haas to similar money. Much like Nygard, they need cheap players to fill roles. Haas has shown flashes that he could be a player. Just as Nygard did in my opinion. I also believe that both Haas and Nygard will be better next season because they know what to expect.

Re: Oilers expected to re-sign Haas, add Lennstrom [message #759600 is a reply to message #759592 ]
Mon, 27 April 2020 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

6 Cups

I though Haas was decent, NHL speed, and he could forecheck well, OK in his own end, on a one way/year, with similar money as this year, I'd be ok with it. Hopefully a couple guys on the farm move up next year, but you can't bank on it.

Same with Lennstrom, a one-way, one year, under a $ mil, no risk.
Read on Elite that he's known as a "great" skater.. so that alone is something worth taking a look at.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Oilers expected to re-sign Haas, add Lennstrom [message #759605 is a reply to message #759592 ]
Mon, 27 April 2020 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

6 Cups

Lennstrom.. looks like he has some speed, as advertised.
Just Youtube highlights, but whats there looks really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVsM9t_TjmY

[Updated on: Mon, 27 April 2020 14:59]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Oilers expected to re-sign Haas, add Lennstrom [message #759607 is a reply to message #759592 ]
Mon, 27 April 2020 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

3 Cups

Oilers haven't really hit on a lot of these mid-career European defensemen (Persson and Auvitu come to mind), but it's really so low-risk I don't mind them rolling the dice. Under a million, and there's not cap concerns.

That said, I think I'd prefer Mike Green in that 6/7 spot if the plan is to keep Matt Benning.

Klefbom / Larrson
Nurse / Bear
Jones / Benning
Green (UFA)

As for Haas, I like him. He's showed some offensive glimpses and is a solid two-way player with good speed and decent hands. Given the right money and term, I'm on board. I'd take both him and Gagner as depth forwards.

Ennis (UFA) / McDavid / Neal
Nugent-Hopkins / Draisaitl / Yamamoto
Athanasiou / _______ / Kassian
Nygard / Sheahan (UFA) / Archibald
Haas (UFA), Gagner (UFA)

I'd be looking to move P.Russell, K. Russell, Khaira, and Chiasson.

Re: Oilers expected to re-sign Haas, add Lennstrom [message #759608 is a reply to message #759592 ]
Mon, 27 April 2020 16:27 Go to previous message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Glad to keep the Haas. I feel like his ultra-manly chin was one of the reasons for our culture improvement on the team.

https://external-preview.redd.it/5Z5l9jc3F3PZwaMGafls-V2Ewo9erkn8kC230l1h9CQ.jpg?auto=webp&s=a41ff842ffe424b8a6a6f81fdba86aa312ee28df

[Updated on: Mon, 27 April 2020 23:43]

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Previous Topic:Oilers Ring of Honour
Next Topic:Athanasiou
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2021.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca