This day on April 29
None

Happy Birthday To: eightythree, yanner39, Smid4Life, Oil Spill, Ginjanna, Sopranosbaby, epower, Brewer84, rufeo01, OilCup2017

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) RecalledPages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #766932 is a reply to message #766930 ]
Mon, 21 September 2020 10:23 Go to previous message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Mon, 21 September 2020 10:16

And Benson is going to Switzerland

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/release-oilers-loan-benson-t o-gck-lions/c-319002298

"EDMONTON, AB - The Oilers have loaned forward Tyler Benson to the GCK Lions of the Swiss League for the beginning of the 2020-21 season.

The 22-year-old Edmonton native is two seasons into his professional career, tallying nine goals and 27 assists in 47 games with the Bakersfield Condors during the halted 2019-20 AHL season. He was also selected as an AHL all-star in January."

Any other Condors still left that could go to Europe?

I'm impressed that Holland was able to get as many players as he has to find places to play.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #754044 is a reply to message #753995 ]
Sun, 09 February 2020 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hemmer2Eberle  is currently offline Hemmer2Eberle

No Cups

I was hoping for more from Benny... but didnt really notice him at all.

Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #754065 is a reply to message #754044 ]
Mon, 10 February 2020 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I think Benson looked like Yamo his first time up. Close but not quite ready. What the call up gave him is a glimpse at the NHL and what it takes. You can tell a player 100's of times what it takes, you can let a player watch all the film he wants but until a player feels what the NHL is like. The speed, the intensity, the strength of the guys, I don't see how they can fully know what to expect and what they need to do.

So I expect him to take his limited experience and use it as fuel. He got a slight taste of the life, if he wants it, he now knows what he needs to get it. In reality, he probably doesn't need to do a lot, just slight tweaks or that tiny bit extra.

Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #754071 is a reply to message #754065 ]
Mon, 10 February 2020 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 10 February 2020 08:22

I think Benson looked like Yamo his first time up. Close but not quite ready. What the call up gave him is a glimpse at the NHL and what it takes. You can tell a player 100's of times what it takes, you can let a player watch all the film he wants but until a player feels what the NHL is like. The speed, the intensity, the strength of the guys, I don't see how they can fully know what to expect and what they need to do.

So I expect him to take his limited experience and use it as fuel. He got a slight taste of the life, if he wants it, he now knows what he needs to get it. In reality, he probably doesn't need to do a lot, just slight tweaks or that tiny bit extra.

I think it would have been better to give Benson a little taste to start the year, like Yams did a couple times before he actually came in ready this season. But, I guess we were juggling all kinds of new guys, many who never touched NHL ice (although were vets in other leagues). Not a great situation to have to juggle another rookie in as well.

Is what it is I guess. Benson got a taste of NHL. Maybe not great that he was here for our junkiest performances in 2020, but maybe there was stuff to learn from that too.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #754102 is a reply to message #754071 ]
Mon, 10 February 2020 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Sounds like Neal isn't getting better fast, so the plan really is more Cave or Russell...

https://specials-images.forbesimg.com/imageserve/988513934/960x0.jpg?fit=scale

For anyone wondering what the image above is, it's where depth scoring goes to die.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #754103 is a reply to message #754102 ]
Mon, 10 February 2020 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

No Cups

James Neal was at undisclosed restaurant this week, bragging about sneaking out to the bar and getting wasted.

True story. Maybe he's not injured...

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #754104 is a reply to message #754103 ]
Mon, 10 February 2020 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Magnum wrote on Mon, 10 February 2020 13:45

James Neal was at undisclosed restaurant this week, bragging about sneaking out to the bar and getting wasted.

Keeping him on the shelf until Looch gets closer than 10 goals behind him to save the 3rd round pick? Guess that would mean he's done for the season.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #754224 is a reply to message #754104 ]
Tue, 11 February 2020 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 10 February 2020 13:48

Magnum wrote on Mon, 10 February 2020 13:45

Keeping him on the shelf until Looch gets closer than 10 goals behind him to save the 3rd round pick? Guess that would mean he's done for the season.

Same restaurant, sounds like the boys do not eat well at all. If I was a high performance athlete, I would be eating like one... like GSP. Hell, I'm a low performance athlete and I watch what I eat, ultra carefully.

Maybe they know something that me and GSP don't.

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #754375 is a reply to message #752852 ]
Wed, 12 February 2020 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Benson returns. Neal is broken (tripped at unnamed restaurant coming back from the bar? :) ). Magnum should be sending tips to Rishaug.

Mark Spector @SportsnetSpec
So James Neal moves to retroactive I.R., after a "setback" in his foot/ankle injury, per GM Holland. Could well be a high ankle sprain — it's just not getting better.
T.Benson meeting team in Tampa. He is only Bako option as a guy who can help offensively.

Edmonton Oilers @EdmontonOilers
The #Oilers have recalled forward Tyler Benson from the
@Condors
& placed forward James Neal on Injured Reserve retroactive to Jan. 30.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 February 2020 10:51]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #754376 is a reply to message #754375 ]
Wed, 12 February 2020 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 12 February 2020 10:47

Benson returns. Neal is broken (tripped at unnamed restaurant coming back from the bar? :) ). Magnum should be sending tips to Rishaug.

So James Neal moves to retroactive I.R., after a "setback" in his foot/ankle injury, per GM Holland. Could well be a high ankle sprain — it's just not getting better.
T.Benson meeting team in Tampa. He is only Bako option as a guy who can help offensively.

Gregor's been talking about it being an ankle sprain. Those can be brutal and take a while to heal if that is the case.

Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #754392 is a reply to message #754375 ]
Wed, 12 February 2020 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

@Condors

Could the Neal injury be a Toronto Maple Leafs “injury” to get some cap room for the deadline? Probably not as I don’t expect the league would allow the oilers to blatantly cheat like the Leafs can.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #754397 is a reply to message #754392 ]
Wed, 12 February 2020 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

No Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Wed, 12 February 2020 11:49

@Condors

Could the Neal injury be a Toronto Maple Leafs “injury” to get some cap room for the deadline? Probably not as I don’t expect the league would allow the oilers to blatantly cheat like the Leafs can.

Lol that was my first suspicion as well.

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:17

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:00

The president thinks he has the ideal male body.
It's hard to disagree that he has the ideal male body.

Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #754408 is a reply to message #754397 ]
Wed, 12 February 2020 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

bigEfromGP wrote on Wed, 12 February 2020 11:57

@Condors

The margin of error is so small for this team to make the playoffs, and the quality of depth wingers is so low, that I cannot imagine a situation where the team thinks its a good idea to sneaky scratch James Neal for 4-6 weeks while we pray we don't hit a skid.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #754409 is a reply to message #754408 ]
Wed, 12 February 2020 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Wed, 12 February 2020 15:16

@Condors

The margin of error is so small for this team to make the playoffs, and the quality of depth wingers is so low, that I cannot imagine a situation where the team thinks its a good idea to sneaky scratch James Neal for 4-6 weeks while we pray we don't hit a skid.

Skid is coming anyways though. The McDavid injury means our path to the playoffs involves backing in if the other pacific teams don’t get their poop together.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #754416 is a reply to message #754409 ]
Wed, 12 February 2020 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Wed, 12 February 2020 15:20

Adam wrote on Wed, 12 February 2020 15:16

@Condors

Skid is coming anyways though. The McDavid injury means our path to the playoffs involves backing in if the other pacific teams don’t get their poop together.

Other teams have dealt with injuries to their superstar before. If the Oilers can tread water for a couple of weeks, and win a couple games they probably shouldn't, then they're going to be fine - and a well-rested McDavid in the final 6 weeks of the season is going to be a problem for the rest of the league.

Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #754417 is a reply to message #754416 ]
Wed, 12 February 2020 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

I have us winning two of the next 6. We’ll see where that leaves us I guess.

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Oilers select 2nd rd (#38) - Raphael Lavoie
Next Topic:Oilers Trade for Cooper Marody
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca