This day on May 11
None

Happy Birthday To: rogkon, Mewhy, carolinablue, carolinablue2, strathem, 83Hemmer83

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752792 is a reply to message #752734 ]
Thu, 30 January 2020 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Take away that unlucky bounce and it’s a win.

And you know what would have taken it away? Starting McDavid’s line.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752794 is a reply to message #752792 ]
Thu, 30 January 2020 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 11:16

Take away that unlucky bounce and it’s a win.

And you know what would have taken it away? Starting McDavid’s line.

The Oilers were what, a 3-4 inches combined on the Nuge and McDavid's posts from winning as well. Calgary looked like a team that had already played and knocked the rust off.

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752810 is a reply to message #752734 ]
Thu, 30 January 2020 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Quote:

Mark Spector
@SportsnetSpec

Joakim Nygard could be out long term if he has a broken bone after blocking a shot (hand or arm, we believe). GM Ken Holland could call up Tyler Benson, but what would still be missing is Nygard’s speed. Could change GM’s deadline approach.

Unfortunate to hear about Nygard, but really Spec? Losing a guy with 3-6-9 in 32 games is going to change the team's approach to the trade deadline? doh

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752811 is a reply to message #752810 ]
Thu, 30 January 2020 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

It's only his first year in the NHL and I see a player there but I wonder if NYgard is going to be a player who just gets hurt a lot or he's just unlucky this year. Second injury where he's going to miss a good chunk of time.

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752812 is a reply to message #752810 ]
Thu, 30 January 2020 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 14:07

Quote:

Mark Spector
@SportsnetSpec

Joakim Nygard could be out long term if he has a broken bone after blocking a shot (hand or arm, we believe). GM Ken Holland could call up Tyler Benson, but what would still be missing is Nygard’s speed. Could change GM’s deadline approach.

Unfortunate to hear about Nygard, but really Spec? Losing a guy with 3-6-9 in 32 games is going to change the team's approach to the trade deadline? doh

Has to be Benson's turn, no?

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752813 is a reply to message #752812 ]
Thu, 30 January 2020 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 14:09

Quote:

Mark Spector
@SportsnetSpec

I'd have already had him up here. I'm not overly worried about losing a fourth liner - even a fast-ish one.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752815 is a reply to message #752813 ]
Thu, 30 January 2020 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I'd like to see Benson get called up to figure out if he can play or not. I'd like to see them add a forward but if Benson can slide into the line up and contribute anywhere close to what Yamo has done, it lessens the need to add AND strengthens the Oilers trade position in my opinion.

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752816 is a reply to message #752813 ]
Thu, 30 January 2020 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 14:10

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 14:09

Quote:

Mark Spector
@SportsnetSpec

I'd have already had him up here. I'm not overly worried about losing a fourth liner - even a fast-ish one.

9 points in 32 games is nothing to scoff at though! Lucic had a lower PPG pace last year.

That goals/game pace would have made him top 6 quality for us last year ;)

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752839 is a reply to message #752812 ]
Thu, 30 January 2020 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 15:09

Quote:

Mark Spector
@SportsnetSpec

Chatter about Cave being the call up... sigh.

FWIW, Bako called up a couple guys from the ECHL. Assume the Benson call up is official tomorrow and the slot him in with Sheahan and Arch. If they call up Cave, I’d imagine Cave takes that 4C spot and Gagner slides in on SheBald’s line then Cave gets Chiasson and Khaira or Haas. Just my two cents.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752840 is a reply to message #752839 ]
Thu, 30 January 2020 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 16:00

Quote:

Mark Spector
@SportsnetSpec

FWIW, Bako called up a couple guys from the ECHL. Assume the Benson call up is official tomorrow and the slot him in with Sheahan and Arch. If they call up Cave, I’d imagine Cave takes that 4C spot and Gagner slides in on SheBald’s line then Cave gets Chiasson and Khaira or Haas. Just my two cents.

What is Benson's deal? Why doesn't he over-ripen? Is he putting himself in a fridge at night? Needs to sleep in a paper bag.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752842 is a reply to message #752840 ]
Thu, 30 January 2020 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 17:01

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 16:00

Quote:

Mark Spector
@SportsnetSpec

What is Benson's deal? Why doesn't he over-ripen? Is he putting himself in a fridge at night? Needs to sleep in a paper bag.

Man I have no idea. Read a few comments on twitter about Granlund a possible recall also... I don’t know when would be a better time to call up Benson though? You’re not replacing Neal or Nuge with him, it’s literally to fill in for Nygard on the 3rd line. It’s a perfect spot for him with Sheahan and Arch. I get he isn’t going to replace Nygard’s speed on that line but either is Granlund or Gagner and Khaira was a disaster on that line earlier in the year. Unless it’s Haas but again he doesn’t fill that speed vacated by Nygard and is better suited to 4C with Chiasson and Gagner/Khaira.

It’s literally the perfect time to bring Benson up.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #51)
Next Topic:GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca