NHL » Hockey Hall of Fame Inductees
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Hockey Hall of Fame Inductees [message #747481]
Fri, 22 November 2019 17:42 Go to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Pretty weak class for the 2019 Hockey Hall of Fame:

Hayley Wickenheiser - totally deserving
Guy Carbonneau - 663 points in 1318 games. We're talking about a player with a career high of 57 points. Maybe Ryan Smyth can be a Hall of Fame guy some day. Yes, he was known as a great checker, but those stats are mediocre. I would never have even added his name to the ballot.
Sergei Zubov - 771 points in 1068 games. Stanley Cup winner. He's...okay. His stats put him on the same level as a Rob Blake or Mark Howe, although those aren't overly convincing inductees for the cream of the crop of the game...none of them are superstars.
Vaclav Nedomansky - 278 points in 421 NHL games and a point per game in the WHA. To be fair, he's 33 by the time he reaches the NHL in 1977, so maybe past his prime and I don't have any idea what his stats were before he came to North America. I don't have enough info to comment on this.

Hopefully next year's class isn't so underwhelming.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks and...SIGH...#FireTheGretzkys

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Hockey Hall of Fame Inductees [message #747487 is a reply to message #747481 ]
Sat, 23 November 2019 01:27 Go to previous message
Skookum Jim is currently online Skookum Jim

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 22 November 2019 16:42

Pretty weak class for the 2019 Hockey Hall of Fame:

Hayley Wickenheiser - totally deserving
Guy Carbonneau - 663 points in 1318 games. We're talking about a player with a career high of 57 points. Maybe Ryan Smyth can be a Hall of Fame guy some day. Yes, he was known as a great checker, but those stats are mediocre. I would never have even added his name to the ballot.
Sergei Zubov - 771 points in 1068 games. Stanley Cup winner. He's...okay. His stats put him on the same level as a Rob Blake or Mark Howe, although those aren't overly convincing inductees for the cream of the crop of the game...none of them are superstars.
Vaclav Nedomansky - 278 points in 421 NHL games and a point per game in the WHA. To be fair, he's 33 by the time he reaches the NHL in 1977, so maybe past his prime and I don't have any idea what his stats were before he came to North America. I don't have enough info to comment on this.

Hopefully next year's class isn't so underwhelming.

Only reason Carbo was in there was because he was a Hab, his career high was 57 during a time when most guys were regularly scoring 80.
Zubov is worthy, a lot of points for a D-man, plus 2 Cups.
That last guy Vaclav Nedomansky makes a mockery of the whole institution, nobody has heard of him, had to look him up, was supposed to have been the first Easy Bloc guy to defect... does that get you in the HOF now .. its sure wasn't his play.. If that tool gets in where is Paul Henderson, the guy is a larger than life icon within the greatest hockey culture on the planet... the HOF has something against Paul should have been in long ago.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner, Petrovic = Nathan Legare

Send a private message to this user  

Previous Topic:Jerseys
Next Topic:MacT - Time in Yaroslavl
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2019.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca