F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » Josi Re-signs in Nashville for 8 Years
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Josi Re-signs in Nashville for 8 Years [message #745837]
Tue, 29 October 2019 14:01 Go to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

1 Cup

https://www.nhl.com/predators/news/predators-sign-captain-ro man-josi-to-eight-year-contract/c-310614320

Josi's 8 year deal will take him to 38 years old with an AAV of 9.059 million.

While it is a long deal, that's probably less than his open market value. Doughty and Karlsson both signed deals that started with 11 million, and I don't think Josi is that far off of those guys.

Clean house or bust

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Josi Re-signs in Nashville for 8 Years [message #745838 is a reply to message #745837 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pseudoreality  is currently offline Pseudoreality

No Cups

Doughty's deal is already starting to look bad. I give Karlsson 1 - 2 years before his looks bad.

There's the odd exception, like Giodarno and Chara, but defencemen burn out quickly in their 30s. The only reason to lock guys up long-term is in thinking your window is now and who cares about the future. This is why the owners are looking to shortern deals in the next CBA. I could see them wanting to cap it at say 5/6 years max. The owners need a CBA to protect them from their GMs.

Re: Josi Re-signs in Nashville for 8 Years [message #745839 is a reply to message #745838 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Pseudoreality wrote on Tue, 29 October 2019 14:29

Doughty's deal is already starting to look bad. I give Karlsson 1 - 2 years before his looks bad.

There's the odd exception, like Giodarno and Chara, but defencemen burn out quickly in their 30s. The only reason to lock guys up long-term is in thinking your window is now and who cares about the future. This is why the owners are looking to shortern deals in the next CBA. I could see them wanting to cap it at say 5/6 years max. The owners need a CBA to protect them from their GMs.

Karlsson is already getting bad. He's putting up points, but his defensive effort has completely gone off a cliff. I'd recommend keeping an eye on him if you watch and SJ games. The IDGAF aura is glowing around him when he doesn't have the puck in his own end. It's also hilarious how he throws little fits every time he looks like an idiot on a GA. Usually complaining at his D partner.

Nice to see Nashville finally blowing up their salaries in a desperate attempt to finally win something. Hope it goes badly for them :)

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Josi Re-signs in Nashville for 8 Years [message #745847 is a reply to message #745837 ]
Tue, 29 October 2019 16:21 Go to previous message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Didn't realize he was already 29 (30 when the contract kick in). This contract is going to be iffy to start, then really start to look bad in a few years. Doughty and Karlsson (and Burns and Vlasic and Seabrook and Keith and Subban and Weber and so many more) are already showing their age with years left on their deals. Flames got lucky with Gio.

Previous Topic:Toby Rieder on Waivers
Next Topic:Survivor LXI
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2019.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca