F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » Parayko
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Parayko [message #724354]
Sun, 09 December 2018 17:43 Go to next message
jeff340  is currently offline jeff340

No Cups

St. Louis needs a goalie bad. Talbot plus 2019 first round pick for Parayko and Chad Johnson ?

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Parayko [message #724426 is a reply to message #724354 ]
Mon, 10 December 2018 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

4 Cups

#1, the Oilers would be taking back way more salary, so unless Sekera is never coming back, they can't do it. Secondly, the Blues aren't trading Parayko for a first and a UFA goalie.

Re: Parayko [message #724429 is a reply to message #724426 ]
Mon, 10 December 2018 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jakey  is currently offline Jakey

No Cups

Word is they want a 1st and an A grade Defense prospect or A grade Goalie prospect. They don't want to take a bunch of salary back as they are close to the cap.

So if the Oilers want to get in on this then something like Caleb Jones, 1st rd pick + Goalie prospect. I don't mind doing that, but I don't think St. Louis does. Is Parayko too slow for the league now??? not sure on him. I like him and his size plus his shot, but is foot speed going to be an issue?

Re: Parayko [message #724450 is a reply to message #724429 ]
Mon, 10 December 2018 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jds308  is currently offline jds308

1 Cup

At some point the Oilers need to be in on one of these D men that can put up points and run a PP. Is Parayko that guy? I dunno, but it seems the Oilers have needed someone like this since Pronger/(Souray?) and many have changed addresses over that time. If the Blues want some prospects for Parayko, I would say it's time to figure out the cap and pull the trigger. The Pacific division is getting tighter and it's only going to get tougher down the stretch. We could be out of it by the trade deadline and Parayko could be on the Golden Knights, Ducks or Flames. Poop or get off the pot I say.

I like to build stuff & things.
https://www.somethingedgy.ca/
I make music too.
https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/undermaker442/inexplicable

Re: Parayko [message #724453 is a reply to message #724450 ]
Mon, 10 December 2018 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

1 Cup

...Johnson is on waivers....

https://www.tsn.ca/blues-place-g-johnson-on-waivers-1.122394 6

Re: Parayko [message #724449 is a reply to message #724354 ]
Mon, 10 December 2018 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Gotta figure Pietro is the guy the Blues will be shopping first before Parayko. I think they would be nuts to more Parayko. He can be their 1st pairing RHD for another decade and their only good D left on a long term deal.

I imagine it takes Drai, or Nuge+Bouchard (maybe more than that) anyways to get Parayko.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Parayko [message #724454 is a reply to message #724449 ]
Mon, 10 December 2018 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

I am of the opinion that the Oilers should not be big game hunting for defense. The cost will be too much and they can't afford to be shipping off assets. The Oilers defense while not great, is functional right now. Moving forward, they need more puck moving and more offense. I think they have that coming in Bouchard, Jones, Bear, Persson. I think Bouchard will be on the team and have an impact. I think one of Jones/Bear or Persson will be on the team next year.

If they had the following:
Klefbom- Larsson - playing tough mins
Nurse - Right shot puck mover
Russell - Puck mover
Their defense would be fine.

I see them finding an out from Sekera. I see them trading Benning and something for a forward. I think Benning is OK but he doesn't do anything overly great and while he can move the puck some, not near enough. I think they keep Russell for another year because he's been pretty good for them this year, he's versatile, can move up the line up if you need and they could use a vet.

Re: Parayko [message #724455 is a reply to message #724454 ]
Mon, 10 December 2018 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 10 December 2018 11:23

I think they have that coming in Bouchard, Jones, Bear, Persson. I think Bouchard will be on the team and have an impact. I think one of Jones/Bear or Persson will be on the team next year.

...don't know much about Persson, but he seems to be doing very well over in Sweden....

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/blog-persson-earns-shl-playe r-of-the-month-honours/c-302738890

..."Oilers prospect and Växjö Lakers defenceman Joel Persson was awarded the Swedish Hockey League (SHL) Player of the Month Award for November.

The 24-year-old from Kristiansand, Sweden notched nine points (2 G, 7 A) in eight games, extending his point total to three goals and 12 assists in 24 matches for the Swedish side this season."...

....still pulling for Bear....hope he is working any kinks out of his game in Bakersfield....

Re: Parayko [message #724522 is a reply to message #724455 ]
Tue, 11 December 2018 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Babaganoosh2.0  is currently offline Babaganoosh2.0

No Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Mon, 10 December 2018 11:34

I think they have that coming in Bouchard, Jones, Bear, Persson. I think Bouchard will be on the team and have an impact. I think one of Jones/Bear or Persson will be on the team next year.

...don't know much about Persson, but he seems to be doing very well over in Sweden....

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/blog-persson-earns-shl-playe r-of-the-month-honours/c-302738890

..."Oilers prospect and Växjö Lakers defenceman Joel Persson was awarded the Swedish Hockey League (SHL) Player of the Month Award for November.

The 24-year-old from Kristiansand, Sweden notched nine points (2 G, 7 A) in eight games, extending his point total to three goals and 12 assists in 24 matches for the Swedish side this season."...

....still pulling for Bear....hope he is working any kinks out of his game in Bakersfield....

That is very impressive for playing in Sweden. If anyone is unaware they only give one assist on goals. Funt fact for the day.

Re: Parayko [message #724539 is a reply to message #724522 ]
Tue, 11 December 2018 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Babaganoosh2.0 wrote on Tue, 11 December 2018 01:35

That is very impressive for playing in Sweden. If anyone is unaware they only give one assist on goals. Funt fact for the day.

While that used to be the case the SHL/SEL changed that years ago. They now give secondary assists like most of the hockey world.

Not taking anything away from Persson just some clarity.

"I miss Kris Russell" PlusOne Dec 2018
Something I never thought would come out of my mouth

"I am 100% done with him (Russell) as a player, would rather Benning." PlusOne Feb 2019
AKA back to reality

Re: Parayko [message #724583 is a reply to message #724539 ]
Tue, 11 December 2018 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Babaganoosh2.0  is currently offline Babaganoosh2.0

No Cups

PlusOne wrote on Tue, 11 December 2018 09:13

Babaganoosh2.0 wrote on Tue, 11 December 2018 01:35

While that used to be the case the SHL/SEL changed that years ago. They now give secondary assists like most of the hockey world.

Not taking anything away from Persson just some clarity.

Really! I guess it's my fun fact for the day then. Thank you.

Re: Parayko [message #724524 is a reply to message #724455 ]
Tue, 11 December 2018 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Our boy Roman Horak leading Växjö in scoring.

Re: Parayko [message #724456 is a reply to message #724454 ]
Mon, 10 December 2018 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I am of the opinion that the Oilers should not be big game hunting for defense. The cost will be too much and they can't afford to be shipping off assets. The Oilers defense while not great, is functional right now. Moving forward, they need more puck moving and more offense. I think they have that coming in Bouchard, Jones, Bear, Persson. I think Bouchard will be on the team and have an impact. I think one of Jones/Bear or Persson will be on the team next year.

Russell - Puck mover

I see them finding an out from Sekera. I see them trading Benning and something for a forward. I think Benning is OK but he doesn't do anything overly great and while he can move the puck some, not near enough. I think they keep Russell for another year because he's been pretty good for them this year, he's versatile, can move up the line up if you need and they could use a vet.

Yeah, it's almost impossible to acquire a top end offensive D without it either being a guy on the decline already (and likely way too expensive because it's a UFA), or giving up way too much. Our one shot recently was probably Seth Jones, when it was rumored we were in the mix and Nuge would have been the center piece. That's a case where the young D is stalling in his development and people don't really know what he's capable of yet. A small gamble still in those cases. Maybe can argue Dumba was another possibility, but I don't think Minny really wanted to move him, that stuff was just because of the expansion draft creating a wrinkle.

We do have some interesting prospects in the pipe now. Persson just won player of the month in SHL. Bouchard is blowing the doors off in the OHL. Jones is coming along nicely in the A. Bear is having a rough go, but hopefully he keeps improving.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Parayko [message #724457 is a reply to message #724456 ]
Mon, 10 December 2018 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 10 December 2018 11:36

Russell - Puck mover

Yeah, it's almost impossible to acquire a top end offensive D without it either being a guy on the decline already (and likely way too expensive because it's a UFA), or giving up way too much. Our one shot recently was probably Seth Jones, when it was rumored we were in the mix and Nuge would have been the center piece. That's a case where the young D is stalling in his development and people don't really know what he's capable of yet. A small gamble still in those cases. Maybe can argue Dumba was another possibility, but I don't think Minny really wanted to move him, that stuff was just because of the expansion draft creating a wrinkle.

We do have some interesting prospects in the pipe now. Persson just won player of the month in SHL. Bouchard is blowing the doors off in the OHL. Jones is coming along nicely in the A. Bear is having a rough go, but hopefully he keeps improving.

Unless by some miracle the Oilers could get Parayko for like Sekera, a draft pick and say Bear or insert another prospect, I don't see how it could be done. They can't afford to be taking a lot from their current roster and they don't have the money not to send money back.

I don't for a second think what I said is realistic. My point was they have to somehow unload salary to get Parayko back.

Re: Parayko [message #724458 is a reply to message #724457 ]
Mon, 10 December 2018 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 10 December 2018 11:43

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 10 December 2018 11:36

Russell - Puck mover

Unless by some miracle the Oilers could get Parayko for like Sekera, a draft pick and say Bear or insert another prospect, I don't see how it could be done. They can't afford to be taking a lot from their current roster and they don't have the money not to send money back.

I don't for a second think what I said is realistic. My point was they have to somehow unload salary to get Parayko back.

I think I was basically agreeing with you. Cost is way too high. I think the only reason Parayko's name gets tossed around lately is Leafs fan/media wishful thinking. They all think the Blues are jumping at the chance to gift them Pietro or Parayko.

I think a good way to think about Parayko is to think about how valuable we as Oilers fans think Drai is. That's how the Blues and fans view Parayko. Except, maybe also imagine Drai is a 7M cap hit.

When the Oilers were sucking last year, would you trade Drai for some combo, or all of Sek, Bear and Talbot if they were on another team? Or Drai for some prospect C and a 1st rounder. We did suck, but I think more teams/fans have perspective about how valuable the young stars are for their team to have any chance to not suck one day.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Parayko [message #724891 is a reply to message #724449 ]
Thu, 13 December 2018 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 10 December 2018 10:47

I imagine it takes Drai, or Nuge+Bouchard (maybe more than that) anyways to get Parayko.

Are you being serious, or is this shade thrown at Chiarelli's negotiation skill?

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: Parayko [message #724908 is a reply to message #724891 ]
Thu, 13 December 2018 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skoobz wrote on Thu, 13 December 2018 11:32

Are you being serious, or is this shade thrown at Chiarelli's negotiation skill?

I think that's actually what it would take to get the Blues best D. Pietro is broken and about to go UFA. Parayko is a cornerstone player for them with a very good contract. They're not gonna take our garbage for him.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Parayko [message #724912 is a reply to message #724908 ]
Thu, 13 December 2018 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 13 December 2018 12:44

I think that's actually what it would take to get the Blues best D. Pietro is broken and about to go UFA. Parayko is a cornerstone player for them with a very good contract. They're not gonna take our garbage for him.

So what's the Chia premium then?

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks and...SIGH...#FireTheGretzkys

Re: Parayko [message #724932 is a reply to message #724912 ]
Thu, 13 December 2018 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 13 December 2018 13:12

I may be in between real cost and chia premium :) I can't help but gravitate towards chia premium levels. I am an Oilers fan after all.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Parayko [message #725018 is a reply to message #724932 ]
Fri, 14 December 2018 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 13 December 2018 14:27

I may be in between real cost and chia premium :) I can't help but gravitate towards chia premium levels. I am an Oilers fan after all.

I'd probably offer RNH + Talbot for Parayko. Maybe a pick to sweeten if necessary.
I think Talbot is probably done here after this season anyways. It will take a good player to get them to pay attention and RNH is that, although a bit over paid IMO. His value is about as high as its going to get right now.

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: Parayko [message #725027 is a reply to message #725018 ]
Fri, 14 December 2018 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

2 Cups

Jay wrote on Fri, 14 December 2018 08:37

I'd probably offer RNH + Talbot for Parayko. Maybe a pick to sweeten if necessary.
I think Talbot is probably done here after this season anyways. It will take a good player to get them to pay attention and RNH is that, although a bit over paid IMO. His value is about as high as its going to get right now.

I don't think Talbot gets it done. A middle-of-the-road UFA goalie doesn't really have any value. Especially in what is a lost season for the Blues. I would suspect something more like RNH, Bear and a pick.

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19 pace: 234 GF / 274 GA (-40)

Re: Parayko [message #725028 is a reply to message #725018 ]
Fri, 14 December 2018 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Jay wrote on Fri, 14 December 2018 09:37

That sounds like the Chia premium right there.

Nugent-Hopkins is on pace for a ~75 point season and he's still under contract for two more years at a reasonable rate. Parayko's struggling, on pace for under 30 points this season. I don't think that's fair, even as a one-for-one, never mind with us topping up.

Talbot won't have much appeal to the Blues. He's UFA at year end, and he's not had his best year. They don't really even want to replace a goalie now, because their season is basically sunk. If they're trading Parayko, they're starting over - so it's draft picks, not UFAs-to-be that will be of most interest.

Finally, the Oilers have gutted their forward group so much now that they can't really afford to trade Nugent-Hopkins. They only have three reliable players up front now, so you can't part with any of them.

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks and...SIGH...#FireTheGretzkys

Re: Parayko [message #725030 is a reply to message #725028 ]
Fri, 14 December 2018 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 14 December 2018 10:09

Jay wrote on Fri, 14 December 2018 09:37

That sounds like the Chia premium right there.

Nugent-Hopkins is on pace for a ~75 point season and he's still under contract for two more years at a reasonable rate. Parayko's struggling, on pace for under 30 points this season. I don't think that's fair, even as a one-for-one, never mind with us topping up.

Talbot won't have much appeal to the Blues. He's UFA at year end, and he's not had his best year. They don't really even want to replace a goalie now, because their season is basically sunk. If they're trading Parayko, they're starting over - so it's draft picks, not UFAs-to-be that will be of most interest.

Finally, the Oilers have gutted their forward group so much now that they can't really afford to trade Nugent-Hopkins. They only have three reliable players up front now, so you can't part with any of them.

If Parayko is available, there will be a bidding war. He's not putting up great points on a terrible team, sure, but GM's know who he is, and most have high hopes for what he'll be. I think if you really want him, the cost is being pushed up to at least Nuge and a good D prospect.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Parayko [message #725033 is a reply to message #725030 ]
Fri, 14 December 2018 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 14 December 2018 10:12

If Parayko is available, there will be a bidding war. He's not putting up great points on a terrible team, sure, but GM's know who he is, and most have high hopes for what he'll be. I think if you really want him, the cost is being pushed up to at least Nuge and a good D prospect.

I think you were right before when you suggested the Blues should value Parayko above Pietrangelo. I think Pietrangelo might be better still now, but he's older and had more injury issues. He's also UFA to be, and he's going to get PAID in the summer.

Even if I'm doing a rebuild in St. Louis, I'm not excited about trading Parayko, because unless I decide to do the Edmonton model and rebuild for decades, he's young enough at 25 that he can still be a really good contributor in a couple of years when you're ready to be good again.

If St. Louis is foolish enough to be trading a 25 year old, 6'6 right shot defenceman with three straight 30+point seasons who is locked up for years yet on a reasonable contract in a year where his production is down? You have to beat up that GM as much as you can...assume he's trading from a Chiarelli-like level of strength and that he's about to make a grave error...and then fleece him for a couple prospects, a draft pick or two and a bad contract to cover the salary difference and manage the cap.

Re: Parayko [message #725035 is a reply to message #725033 ]
Fri, 14 December 2018 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 14 December 2018 10:33

I think you were right before when you suggested the Blues should value Parayko above Pietrangelo. I think Pietrangelo might be better still now, but he's older and had more injury issues. He's also UFA to be, and he's going to get PAID in the summer.

Even if I'm doing a rebuild in St. Louis, I'm not excited about trading Parayko, because unless I decide to do the Edmonton model and rebuild for decades, he's young enough at 25 that he can still be a really good contributor in a couple of years when you're ready to be good again.

If St. Louis is foolish enough to be trading a 25 year old, 6'6 right shot defenceman with three straight 30+point seasons who is locked up for years yet on a reasonable contract in a year where his production is down? You have to beat up that GM as much as you can...assume he's trading from a Chiarelli-like level of strength and that he's about to make a grave error...and then fleece him for a couple prospects, a draft pick or two and a bad contract to cover the salary difference and manage the cap.

Yeah, I really can't see them shopping Parayko. He is literally their only good D that is signed long term. ANd he's young, and apparently super popular in their room, and he is a horse, RHD that I bet would be a ~40 point guy if he could get the 1st PP time Makes no sense to trade him, that's a player that almost every team wants, why wouldn't you want to keep him if you want to ever be good again?

Peitro has to be the actual guy on the market and even then, probably a bad move to let him go. He's probably going to be willing to sign again, so you have 2 RHD anchors to keep your D stable. Every team wants that.

Really, the blues need to focus on goaltending right now. It's been bad for a long time. They are probably deep in the winnipeg zone again, with goaltending hiding an actually decent team, killing the teams confidence and sending them on a dead spiral. Shoulda kept Hutton. Only goalie that has been any good for them since Hitch left. I don't thin fixing goaltending should cost you a top pairing RHD though, not even close. Just need to try to pick a diamond in the rough. Their season is almost done, so get to work trying to find an alternative.

[Updated on: Fri, 14 December 2018 10:46]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Parayko [message #725040 is a reply to message #725035 ]
Fri, 14 December 2018 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 14 December 2018 10:44

Adam wrote on Fri, 14 December 2018 10:33

Yeah, I really can't see them shopping Parayko. He is literally their only good D that is signed long term. ANd he's young, and apparently super popular in their room, and he is a horse, RHD that I bet would be a ~40 point guy if he could get the 1st PP time Makes no sense to trade him, that's a player that almost every team wants, why wouldn't you want to keep him if you want to ever be good again?

Peitro has to be the actual guy on the market and even then, probably a bad move to let him go. He's probably going to be willing to sign again, so you have 2 RHD anchors to keep your D stable. Every team wants that.

Really, the blues need to focus on goaltending right now. It's been bad for a long time. They are probably deep in the winnipeg zone again, with goaltending hiding an actually decent team, killing the teams confidence and sending them on a dead spiral. Shoulda kept Hutton. Only goalie that has been any good for them since Hitch left. I don't thin fixing goaltending should cost you a top pairing RHD though, not even close. Just need to try to pick a diamond in the rough. Their season is almost done, so get to work trying to find an alternative.

If I'm GM in St. Louis, I'm preaching patience to ownership and trading all my UFAs (Maroon, Bortuzzo, Bouwmeester, Gunnarsson (if he's coming back from injury)). I'm figuring out a plan for goaltending next year, and looking at whether I have the right coaching and then just letting this one play out. Have a trainwreck of a season, get a good draft pick and look to bounce back next year.

The Lightning have had a couple dreadful years in the last decade, and they've been fine because they didn't make kneejerk reactions, and they just took advantage of the occasional high draft pick and then bounced back quickly.

This whole "everyone is available thing" suggests a weak GM and an impatient owner, so I'd definitely be on the phone with them a lot...although if you're Edmonton, you're probably screwed because A) you have no cap space to acquire anyone and B) you have a terrible GM who'll give up more than you'll get back.

Re: Parayko [message #724493 is a reply to message #724354 ]
Mon, 10 December 2018 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

3 Cups

The Oilers already blew their big trade pieces in Hall, Eberle, and the picks spent on Reinhart, and they still don't have a Parayko.

This isn't happening. They're probably better off limping into the future with what they have and hoping that Bouchard, Bear, and maybe Jones move Russell, Benning & Gravel out of the lineup.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 December 2018 17:54]

Re: Parayko [message #724550 is a reply to message #724493 ]
Tue, 11 December 2018 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Hypothetical. If there was a trade that involved Nurse and say a second asset like Kassian or whatever to make the money close to working for Parayko, would anyone do it?

Re: Parayko [message #724553 is a reply to message #724550 ]
Tue, 11 December 2018 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 11 December 2018 10:39

Hypothetical. If there was a trade that involved Nurse and say a second asset like Kassian or whatever to make the money close to working for Parayko, would anyone do it?

Yes. I would do that in a heartbeat.

Re: Parayko [message #724559 is a reply to message #724553 ]
Tue, 11 December 2018 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

As much as I really like Nurse, I would probably do the trade as well. I think Nurse will end up being a better skating, slightly tougher, Larsson type dman meaning a shut down dman who is in the 25 pt range.

Re: Parayko [message #724599 is a reply to message #724553 ]
Tue, 11 December 2018 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 11 December 2018 10:43

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 11 December 2018 10:39

Yes. I would do that in a heartbeat.

Guy playing like a #4D and 4th liner for guy that has put up numbers like a top pairing RHD for multiple years.

EA NHL 2019 says....rejected

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Parayko [message #725191 is a reply to message #724599 ]
Sat, 15 December 2018 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lesterpolyester  is currently offline Lesterpolyester

No Cups

I think it would take something like

To St Louis
- Bouchard
- Talbot
- 1st or 2nd Round

To Edmonton
- Prayko
- Somebody with a 2mill cap hit

If you want someone like Bouchard that is more seasoned I think that's what it takes. Nobody is giving away a potential #1 RHS D-man without it hurting.

Re: Parayko [message #725312 is a reply to message #725191 ]
Mon, 17 December 2018 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Lesterpolyester wrote on Sat, 15 December 2018 10:07

I think it would take something like

To St Louis
- Bouchard
- Talbot
- 1st or 2nd Round

To Edmonton
- Prayko
- Somebody with a 2mill cap hit

If you want someone like Bouchard that is more seasoned I think that's what it takes. Nobody is giving away a potential #1 RHS D-man without it hurting.

First of all, I am not giving up Bouchard. I don't see how the Oilers are getting ahead in the grand scheme of things by trading away their #1 prospect. They already don't have enough to start with. I would much rather add to the package.

Secondly, the Oilers are taking on 7.5 mill while only clearing 4.1. They'd need to clear more salary to fit them in.

Re: Parayko [message #725856 is a reply to message #725312 ]
Mon, 24 December 2018 17:16 Go to previous message
Lew19  is currently offline Lew19

No Cups

Assuming Klef wasn't injured, this is what I would propose

To St.Louis - LD-O.Klefbom (4.167)
- G- C.Talbot (4.166)
-RW Z.Kassian (1.950)

To Edmonton - RD- C.Parayko (5.55)
- G -J.Allen (4.35)
- St.Louis 2020 4th rd pick

St.Louis salary cap before = $79,140,271
St.Louis salary cap after = $79,573,271

Edmonton salary cap before = $80,437,443
Edmonton salary cap after = $80,003,443

Not sure how this would work if/when Sekera came back, as that adds 5.5 to the pot. I'd look to move him if at all possible for a 3rd, or 4th rd pick just to get him off the books.

Previous Topic:How to get the team less sexy
Next Topic:Zack Kassian allowed to look for a trade
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2019.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca