This day on December 12
Departed: Dave Semenko (1986) Josh Green (2002)

Happy Birthday To: carterfan, oilfan#1, Tupper, pronger's#1fan, bleeding copper and blue

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #65)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #711017]
Sat, 03 March 2018 22:50 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

2 Cups

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
NY Rangers to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #711024 is a reply to message #711017 ]
Sat, 03 March 2018 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Idiot McLellan. Wasting everyone time with Lucic with McDavid again.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #711131 is a reply to message #711024 ]
Mon, 05 March 2018 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 03 March 2018 23:09

Idiot McLellan. Wasting everyone time with Lucic with McDavid again.

Is it possible that this is part of the tank plan?

Okay guys, we need to get Lucic a goal = Okay guys, we need to not score any goals

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: Review: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #711025 is a reply to message #711017 ]
Sat, 03 March 2018 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

1 Cup

Of course the Oilers give Georgiev his first career NHL win.

Of course The Todd remains so... stubborn. Though, to his credit he did have Nuge out there with McDavid and Draisaitl for the final :16 seconds.

2016: We need to get heavier, and we need a defenseman!

2018: We need to get faster, and we need a defenseman!

Re: Review: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #711026 is a reply to message #711017 ]
Sat, 03 March 2018 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

1 Cup

Any chance Slats steps down as president of the Rangers to come back to be GM and President of the Oilers, even for just 1 offseason?

2016: We need to get heavier, and we need a defenseman!

2018: We need to get faster, and we need a defenseman!

Re: Review: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #711039 is a reply to message #711026 ]
Sun, 04 March 2018 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
richksaun  is currently offline richksaun

No Cups

OilMJMOil wrote on Sat, 03 March 2018 23:15

Any chance Slats steps down as president of the Rangers to come back to be GM and President of the Oilers, even for just 1 offseason?

You are kidding right? Look what he did with this team took it from the greatest team of all time to the laughing stock of the last half century and that is saying something considering the Leafs and Canucks are in this league. he didn't draft well, didn't trade his stars right, we missed the playoffs 4 of his last 8 years and squeaked in those 4 years thanks in part to Cujo for 2 seasons and Salo the other 2, EIG the owners of the team at that time that Kevin Lowe was the best choice to replace him. 18 years later we are still trying to put this team back to respectability. Sather was gifted a great team drafted good for 2 seasons and lucked out having 2 of the greatest players ever to play the game 1 of the best D-Men to play the game and one of the greatest goalies to play.

Then went to New York and spent millions upon millions to win a cup there and fell flat on his face. How many years was he a GM there and how many cup finals did his team see? 1, How many cups did the Rangers win? NONE.

Poile earned his most wins as a GM, Sather was gifted them. Roast me if you will but truly tell me I am wrong.

[Updated on: Sun, 04 March 2018 06:23]

"Any donkey can go to the front of the net and stand there with his stick on the ice." -- Capitals' center Brooks Laich on breaking a 9-game goal drought with a tip in vs. the Rangers(hint hint Oilers)

Re: Review: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #711042 is a reply to message #711039 ]
Sun, 04 March 2018 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

1 Cup

richksaun wrote on Sun, 04 March 2018 05:01

OilMJMOil wrote on Sat, 03 March 2018 23:15

You are kidding right? Look what he did with this team took it from the greatest team of all time to the laughing stock of the last half century and that is saying something considering the Leafs and Canucks are in this league. he didn't draft well, didn't trade his stars right, we missed the playoffs 4 of his last 8 years and squeaked in those 4 years thanks in part to Cujo for 2 seasons and Salo the other 2, EIG the owners of the team at that time that Kevin Lowe was the best choice to replace him. 18 years later we are still trying to put this team back to respectability. Sather was gifted a great team drafted good for 2 seasons and lucked out having 2 of the greatest players ever to play the game 1 of the best D-Men to play the game and one of the greatest goalies to play.

Then went to New York and spent millions upon millions to win a cup there and fell flat on his face. How many years was he a GM there and how many cup finals did his team see? 1, How many cups did the Rangers win? NONE.

Poile earned his most wins as a GM, Sather was gifted them. Roast me if you will but truly tell me I am wrong.

So Sather doesn't get credit for the good Oilers teams, you know, when he was actually running them. But somehow it's his fault they've been a debacle for most of the years since he left?

Sure they struggled to make the playoffs in the mid/late 90's, but how much of that was due to Sather's performance, and how much was due to, say, Pocklington fforcing him to trade Gretzky because he needed the cash?

But sure, let's compare Sather as GM with the Rangers (since his early Oilers record was just a fluke apparently), to Poile:

- Neither has won a Cup (which is really pretty hard)
- Poile took over the Preds in 1997, Sather the Rangers in 2000 and stepped down after the 2015 season.

From 2000 - 2015, the Rangers amassed 556 wins (11th most in the NHL over that period), the Preds 548 (14th).

If the argument is the playing field wasn't level because the Rangers could spent unlimited amounts prior to the cap (but weirdly you don't apply that same logic to the end of Sather's Oilers tenure, when they were definitely a have-not), then let's look at the cap era.

So, from the 05/06 season (start of the Cap) to 14/15:
- Rangers 428 wins (6th best)
- Preds 421 wins (7th best)

And looking at the last 5 years of Sather's tenure as GM, 10/11 to 14/15:
- Rangers 219 wins (2nd best)
- Preds 193 wins (14th)

Sather might not be the first guy I would pick to come in and turn this ship around, but you definitely could do worse, a lot worse.

Wins in a row the Oilers need to get to playoff pace: infinity
games!!

Re: Review: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #711027 is a reply to message #711017 ]
Sat, 03 March 2018 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

They had a pretty strong game all in all ( Lucic aside ) Talbot cost them early in the game. You can't win with mediocre goal tending and shooting it over the glass for the second goal against didn't help his cause. Encouraging though to see the two newbies Aberg and Bear play so well!

Re: Review: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #711028 is a reply to message #711017 ]
Sat, 03 March 2018 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

No Cups

So Oilers.

On the bright side we are staying in the lottery hunt.

Oh yea. Any player on our AHL team scores given the chances Lucic gets gifted in the last 30 games. Hell. JF Jacques has 5 goals.

Re: Review: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #711029 is a reply to message #711017 ]
Sat, 03 March 2018 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

This team really needs a new name.

Edmonton Lucicians.

Edmonton MiLuc's

Edmonton Looooooch's

Edmonton 27's

Edmonton TopHeavies

In honour of the only player that matters.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #711031 is a reply to message #711017 ]
Sun, 04 March 2018 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

Number of goals since Valentine's Day by the combined Oilers' defensive corps: 0

Number of goals since yesterday by Oilers' defencemen traded to the Isles at the deadline for magic beans: 1

Last Oilers' defenceman to score: the traded guy.

Does anyone have the stats on whether the Oilers have the worst performing defence in the NHL this year?

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

Re: Review: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #711037 is a reply to message #711031 ]
Sun, 04 March 2018 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ales Cooper is currently online Ales Cooper

1 Cup

Classic Oilers.

In fairness to Hall, I've wanted to throw a waterbottle at Eakins all season.
~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: Review: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #711032 is a reply to message #711017 ]
Sun, 04 March 2018 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim is currently online Skookum Jim

4 Cups

Our D is still a mess. Other than Nurse, Larsson, I don't see much in the current line up. Bear might work out OK as top 4, eventually, and maybe Russell can play down on the 3rd pair.

Game by game I'm coming to the opinion that Klefbom doesn't have the ability to play smarter, routine brain farts, his main problems are his positioning, and decisions (key ingredients for a D man) everyone is excusing his poor game this year due to some mystery shoulder injury, however that doesn't affect your thinking or feet.

Sekera I'm not holding out any hope he gets much better by October, he might be done after that major blow-out of his knee.

Benning has regressed, nothing I see gives me any confidence that he gets better by training camp.

Lucic.. well there are no other options than to hope he has a miraculous transformation physically... loses 30 pounds, and that the coach puts him down on the 3rd line where he belongs. Can't trade him, and buy him out, it'll even cost too much to give him away

Next Year!

[Updated on: Sun, 04 March 2018 00:42]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier

Re: Review: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #711048 is a reply to message #711032 ]
Sun, 04 March 2018 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cosmicheretic  is currently offline cosmicheretic

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sun, 04 March 2018 00:40

Our D is still a mess. Other than Nurse, Larsson, I don't see much in the current line up. Bear might work out OK as top 4, eventually, and maybe Russell can play down on the 3rd pair.

Game by game I'm coming to the opinion that Klefbom doesn't have the ability to play smarter, routine brain farts, his main problems are his positioning, and decisions (key ingredients for a D man) everyone is excusing his poor game this year due to some mystery shoulder injury, however that doesn't affect your thinking or feet.

Sekera I'm not holding out any hope he gets much better by October, he might be done after that major blow-out of his knee.

Benning has regressed, nothing I see gives me any confidence that he gets better by training camp.

Lucic.. well there are no other options than to hope he has a miraculous transformation physically... loses 30 pounds, and that the coach puts him down on the 3rd line where he belongs. Can't trade him, and buy him out, it'll even cost too much to give him away

Next Year!

I agree with almost all of that...especially the game and everyone playing it passing Lucic by.
You didn't mention that we need a better goaltender and make Cambot the backup. He has regressed too much to trust as a number one.

Re: Review: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #711053 is a reply to message #711048 ]
Sun, 04 March 2018 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim is currently online Skookum Jim

4 Cups

cosmicheretic wrote on Sun, 04 March 2018 09:55

Skookum Jim wrote on Sun, 04 March 2018 00:40

Next Year!

I agree with almost all of that...especially the game and everyone playing it passing Lucic by.
You didn't mention that we need a better goaltender and make Cambot the backup. He has regressed too much to trust as a number one.

Yeah I was going to mention Talbot too, but didn't ant to run on..
That puck over the glass looked pretty lazy, and perfect timing, just after McD had lifted the team and building up with another amazing goal, a lazy ass play puts them back under ... which actually sums up the whole year.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier

Re: Review: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #711051 is a reply to message #711017 ]
Sun, 04 March 2018 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Saw the Bob Nicholson interview between periods. He was pretty positive on Chiarelli and said they were going to get this thing figured out and turned around. Nothing on coaching but he did say there would be some changes made ( somewhere ) after the season is over. Of course, he's not going to tip his hand and has to say the right things but it left you with that impression. So not to worry, 'they' are busting their asses behind the scenes and we are bound for glory!

Re: Review: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #711055 is a reply to message #711051 ]
Sun, 04 March 2018 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cosmicheretic  is currently offline cosmicheretic

No Cups

overdue wrote on Sun, 04 March 2018 12:25

Saw the Bob Nicholson interview between periods. He was pretty positive on Chiarelli and said they were going to get this thing figured out and turned around. Nothing on coaching but he did say there would be some changes made ( somewhere ) after the season is over. Of course, he's not going to tip his hand and has to say the right things but it left you with that impression. So not to worry, 'they' are busting their asses behind the scenes and we are bound for glory!

He better be saying the safe things because Chia has built a loser. In order to get this turned around the team needs a gutting starting with gm and coaches.... Again. If they tell you not to worry... You should worry!

[Updated on: Sun, 04 March 2018 18:01]

Re: Review: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #711057 is a reply to message #711055 ]
Sun, 04 March 2018 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

cosmicheretic wrote on Sun, 04 March 2018 14:39

overdue wrote on Sun, 04 March 2018 12:25

He better be saying the safe things because Chia has built a loser. In order to get this turned around the team needs a gutting starting in with gm and coaches.... Again. If they tell you not to worry... You should worry!

Yeah, guess it's his job to put out fires and try to keep the faithful faithful. Not sure if a better goalie and more progressive coaching staff would be the total fix, but it would go a long way I think, and be a good place to start if you don't want to axe Chia. He definetley blew it with the heavy team concept in a speed team era and overpay and term on certain contracts. Maclean asked him about staying under the salary cap and still having a competitive team with top heavy contracts the team will be paying starting next season. He dodged it by saying the cap will go up. I'd try to find a better manager but got the impression they still think they have their man. The Lucic contract was all him I'm sure. Not sure how he figured that could possibly turn out well, given the players age and that he was already on the decline. But we've already beat that one to death.

Re: Review: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #711081 is a reply to message #711057 ]
Mon, 05 March 2018 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Once again the first shot of the game goes in. I am not a pro player, I am not in the room or on the bench but I have to think being down 1-0 barely 2 mins in over and over and over again would be deflating and would effect how the players play because you are playing catch up.

I did not like Rangers 3rd goal. That has to be stopped in my opinion.

Interesting to see that on a delayed penalty, Nuge is on McDavid's wing and they score. The team is looking for a scoring winger for McDavid. That player needs to be able to skate and think the game at a high level, plus have a good, quick shot. That is the reason Drai does so well with McDavid. Leon is easily the second most skilled, second most offensive player on the team. Who's the 3rd most skilled and 3rd most offensive player on the team? Nuge.

Does Nuge skate well and is fast? YES.
Does Nuge have a high level of hockey IQ? YES.
Does Nuge have a good, quick, decent shot? YES his snap shot it quite good.
Does Nuge have an OK defensive game to help out McDavid given he will be on the ice with most likely the other teams best line? YES.
Nuge is even a center to help out with faceoffs if McDavid gets kicked out.

The only thing stopping Nuge from being the absolutely perfect player for McDavid is he's left, not right. But other than that, if there is 10 things on a "who would be a good fit for McDavid" check list, Nuge checks off 9. Why the hell can't McLellan just do what is SOOOOO obvious. I pray it will happen. Even if McLellan was worried about who will be his second line center. He's got Leon who's a BETTER center than Nuge. What is he waiting for!!!

Re: Review: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #711084 is a reply to message #711081 ]
Mon, 05 March 2018 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 05 March 2018 09:46

Once again the first shot of the game goes in. I am not a pro player, I am not in the room or on the bench but I have to think being down 1-0 barely 2 mins in over and over and over again would be deflating and would effect how the players play because you are playing catch up.

Interesting to see that on a delayed penalty, Nuge is on McDavid's wing and they score. The team is looking for a scoring winger for McDavid. That player needs to be able to skate and think the game at a high level, plus have a good, quick shot. That is the reason Drai does so well with McDavid. Leon is easily the second most skilled, second most offensive player on the team. Who's the 3rd most skilled and 3rd most offensive player on the team? Nuge.

Does Nuge have an OK defensive game to help out McDavid given he will be on the ice with most likely the other teams best line? YES.

The only thing stopping Nuge from being the absolutely perfect player for McDavid is he's left, not right. But other than that, if there is 10 things on a "who would be a good fit for McDavid" check list, Nuge checks off 9. Why the hell can't McLellan just do what is SOOOOO obvious. I pray it will happen. Even if McLellan was worried about who will be his second line center. He's got Leon who's a BETTER center than Nuge. What is he waiting for!!!

Clearly he is waiting for a Lucic goal :) I don't really want to know what happens when Lucic finally scores playing with McDavid. I guess we need to get him some more so everyone forgets how pathetic the whole thing was to get him one finally?

For sure though, it's damn frustrating how this has never been tried yet. And we signed Drai to be our #2C and the stubborn arse just can't get away from his McDavid+Drai addiction.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #711130 is a reply to message #711084 ]
Mon, 05 March 2018 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 05 March 2018 09:56

Clearly he is waiting for a Lucic goal :) I don't really want to know what happens when Lucic finally scores playing with McDavid. I guess we need to get him some more so everyone forgets how pathetic the whole thing was to get him one finally?

Was doing some historical digging and found this about Lucic: http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey/ cult-of-hockey-milan-lucics-new-oilers-contract-is-buy-out-p roof

"“He’s 28, he [has] very limited injuries, if anything,” Chiarelli said. “And yes, the way he plays, it’s a little more difficult to play that into your 30’s. I’ve seen him grow physically and mentally as a young man, I know what care he takes of his body, I know what his wife—she’s very into nutrition, as Milan has become into nutrition. He was always one of the best conditioned athletes on the Bruins, so that stuff mitigates the risks. But there’s risks, yeah, there’s risks.”"

So Chia signed a risky, high cost, long term, bulletproof deal at the expense of Taylor Hall. Hall needed to grow up for sure and I really like Larsson, but Hall and Larsson are apple and orange (not intending to discuss the merits/faults of that trade again). The risks that Chia explained in his presser have come to the forefront. Lucic has admitted he's overweight, unable to play his offensive game and possibly lacking the skill set to keep up with 97, so we have the biggest monkey-on-the-back since Smitty.

My opinion- TMac is not playing Lucic with McDavid because he thinks he's a brilliant coach and strategist, he's doing it because the boss is trying to get the egg off his face.

This blowed up real good, Big Jim, real good.

Re: Review: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #711132 is a reply to message #711130 ]
Mon, 05 March 2018 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

stemhovlichski wrote on Mon, 05 March 2018 14:06

Lucic has admitted he's overweight, unable to play his offensive game and possibly lacking the skill set to keep up with 97, so we have the biggest monkey-on-the-back since Smitty.

I agree with almost everything you've said. I predicted from months before we signed him that the Oilers were going to go hard for Lucic and that it would be a major mistake.

That said, I have seen this assertion a few times that Lucic says he's overweight. I think that gives the wrong impression. He says he'd like to play lighter next year, but not that he's overweight. He's right about what he usually plays at. I understand the issue is not conditioning at all, although he's looking to tweak how he goes about conditioning to try to come in lighter. We don't know now if that will be possible - I don't think it's that easy to change your shape and Lucic is just built big.

That's almost too bad. If conditioning was the issue, refocusing on it could bear fruit (as it did with Maroon when he spent more time dedicating himself to off-season fitness). But with Lucic, I do believe he's in good shape. His issues are age, timing and the speed of the game around him and adapting is going to be pretty difficult.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks

Re: Review: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #711135 is a reply to message #711132 ]
Mon, 05 March 2018 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 05 March 2018 14:16

Lucic has admitted he's overweight, unable to play his offensive game and possibly lacking the skill set to keep up with 97, so we have the biggest monkey-on-the-back since Smitty.

I agree with almost everything you've said. I predicted from months before we signed him that the Oilers were going to go hard for Lucic and that it would be a major mistake.

That said, I have seen this assertion a few times that Lucic says he's overweight. I think that gives the wrong impression. He says he'd like to play lighter next year, but not that he's overweight. He's right about what he usually plays at. I understand the issue is not conditioning at all, although he's looking to tweak how he goes about conditioning to try to come in lighter. We don't know now if that will be possible - I don't think it's that easy to change your shape and Lucic is just built big.

That's almost too bad. If conditioning was the issue, refocusing on it could bear fruit (as it did with Maroon when he spent more time dedicating himself to off-season fitness). But with Lucic, I do believe he's in good shape. His issues are age, timing and the speed of the game around him and adapting is going to be pretty difficult.

I'm a bit confused why he would train with a football player all summer.

Isn't the point of a football player to be really top heavy to take hits, and work on your conditioning for super short time intervals? Like, 5-10 seconds?

Honestly, if that is what Lucic spent all summer trying to achieve, I think he did a masterful job. Guy is super top heavy, and he can only has around 10 seconds of energy per shift.

I think he seriously f'd up last summer. Now he says he needs to lose 15 lbs and get faster. Duh.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #711137 is a reply to message #711135 ]
Mon, 05 March 2018 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 05 March 2018 14:22

Isn't the point of a football player to be really top heavy to take hits, and work on your conditioning for super short time intervals? Like, 5-10 seconds?

Honestly, if that is what Lucic spent all summer trying to achieve, I think he did a masterful job. Guy is super top heavy, and he can only has around 10 seconds of energy per shift.

I think he seriously f'd up last summer. Now he says he needs to lose 15 lbs and get faster. Duh.

Honestly, I hope the fix is that simple. I doubt it is.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks

Re: Review: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #711139 is a reply to message #711137 ]
Mon, 05 March 2018 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 05 March 2018 14:33

Oh, I doubt very much it will be easy for him. He's probably been pumping away at his upper body since he was a kid. Has to change everything about how he trains probably.

He should be talking to Dustin Brown who seemed to add a step last summer, not football players.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 March 2018 15:06]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #711205 is a reply to message #711139 ]
Mon, 05 March 2018 22:58 Go to previous message

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 05 March 2018 14:57

Adam wrote on Mon, 05 March 2018 14:33

Oh, I doubt very much it will be easy for him. He's probably been pumping away at his upper body since he was a kid. Has to change everything about how he trains probably.

He should be talking to Dustin Brown who seemed to add a step last summer, not football players.

By overweight I don't mean out of shape like Penner during his "too many barley pops" phase. If a player finds a weight that optimizes speed, agility and toughness, that's where they want to be. Lucic looks like he has reduced agility because his stance has altered from added weight. With age, carrying more weight slows you down too. If he decided to add weight to play harder and heavier this year, it backfired. Next year he needs to be a lean, mean, fightin' machine.

And the monkey's off his back....for now.

Re: Review: NY Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #711086 is a reply to message #711081 ]
Mon, 05 March 2018 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
McDavid97 is currently online McDavid97

1 Cup

I actually wonder if Chia has told TMac not to play Nuge on the wins, or told him that he will be traded in the off season so TMac doesn't want to waste his time putting him there. I mean it hurts his value if he doesn't get a chance to try it (but it makes it hard for him to trade him if they actually mesh). If not then TMac is just being dumb not doing that.

Stauffer talked about it last week about potentially trading him for a defensemen, CBC panel talked about it last week or on the weekend too. Not sure if they are just piggybacking on what Stauffer mentioned.

I'm really puzzled by the fact that media is talking about trading another one of our scorers when this team has problems scoring. Hall/Eberle scoring has not been replaced. This team drives me nuts with their decisions (maybe it won't happen).

Previous Topic:GDT: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #66)
Next Topic:Pregame: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #66)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2018.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca