This day on August 23
Departed: Micah Aivazoff (1995) Boyd Devereaux (2000)

Happy Birthday To: Pseudoreality, Marc the Habs Fan, Gaprider, NotLeeFogolin, jubes23

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » What happened to Oscar?Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #712159 is a reply to message #712150 ]
Tue, 20 March 2018 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 19 March 2018 20:32

Hope Oscar is gonna be good to go for the 19/20 season now. Think it goes without saying he will spend the next 1.5 years dealing with infections and additional surgeries. Hopefully the baboon heart he ends up with is NHL quality.

Oilers won't bring him back until he's 100%, right? I mean he's not Souray, Hemsky or Sekera. Did I miss any?

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

Send a private message to this user  

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #712157 is a reply to message #708979 ]
Tue, 20 March 2018 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

4 Cups

I am still not a real fan of Klefbom, mainly due to his hockey IQ, poor decisions, but there is no point in trading the guy where we are now, he's at a low NHL market value, you won't get an equal value coming back. He's got a long term value contract, and there is always a chance he will be better than what he showed this year, do some summer training, maybe learn to play D, in which case we'll have a decent 3 or 4 D-man, at $4M long term, that you can keep, or trade as required.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner, Petrovic = Nathan Legare

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #712395 is a reply to message #712157 ]
Fri, 23 March 2018 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

4 Cups

Klefbom had successful shoulder surgery yesterday. Apparently he needs 5-6 weeks to make a full recovery. So if it's the full 6 weeks, that would put him at the end of May to resume normal training. So given if they made the playoffs and even if they lost out in the first round, he's probably not starting training until June because he would want some time to heal up any bumps and bruises, probably take a holiday to decompress from the season. If they didn't make the playoffs and he was healthy enough, he probably would have went to the World Championships. Sweden would have a decent team so they would be playing into May. So again, he wouldn't be training until the end of May or June.

So it looks like despite the "terrible thing" that was letting him play a couple extra games before surgery when there was no apparent risk of him making things worse, things will be fine. They could have forced him to sit and wait for surgery, let him stew on his bad year, let him dwell on the fact he was going for ANOTHER surgery or let him go out on a bit of a high. In the end, nothing bad happened, he is going to get a FULL offseason to train and since he is coming off an injury, he will probably start his training earlier than he would normally.

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #712401 is a reply to message #712395 ]
Fri, 23 March 2018 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 23 March 2018 09:11

Klefbom had successful shoulder surgery yesterday. Apparently he needs 5-6 weeks to make a full recovery. So if it's the full 6 weeks, that would put him at the end of May to resume normal training. So given if they made the playoffs and even if they lost out in the first round, he's probably not starting training until June because he would want some time to heal up any bumps and bruises, probably take a holiday to decompress from the season. If they didn't make the playoffs and he was healthy enough, he probably would have went to the World Championships. Sweden would have a decent team so they would be playing into May. So again, he wouldn't be training until the end of May or June.

So it looks like despite the "terrible thing" that was letting him play a couple extra games before surgery when there was no apparent risk of him making things worse, things will be fine. They could have forced him to sit and wait for surgery, let him stew on his bad year, let him dwell on the fact he was going for ANOTHER surgery or let him go out on a bit of a high. In the end, nothing bad happened, he is going to get a FULL offseason to train and since he is coming off an injury, he will probably start his training earlier than he would normally.

This is silly. You have no idea when he may or may not start training in any of these situations. I'm very happy he didn't get injured more seriously in the extra games he played for no good reason.

I was driving yesterday so actually listened to the 31 Thoughts podcast where Friedman talked about Klefbom's injury and how there was speculation that the Oilers were playing him to shop him to other teams. I think it's interesting that that podcast was out on March 8th, and then on March 10th Klefbom got the shoulder scope causing him to miss two games ahead of the decision to shut him down.

I wish I could see this as a coincidence and that the Oilers had been planning to get him to have his shoulder looked at more closely, but there's definitely a chance that it took Friedman's revelation - which was in part due to other team's players saying they knew he was protecting the shoulder - before action was taken.

Now I know they've talked about this as if it was a nagging injury that has bugged him for a long time, but we also know that he hurt his shoulder in the playoffs last year seriously enough that he missed Game 6 against the Ducks, so I don't believe for a second that it hasn't been more pronounced and problematic this year. The Oilers had to know that. Even if the player was trying to gut it out, surely, their video analysis should pick up the same thing opposing players saw.

If this was really always just a 6-week fix, wouldn't it have been better to do it last summer and get it over with? or maybe earlier this winter when it was clear the season was already lost?

The best thing about this surgery is that it should eliminate a lot of his trade value so hopefully our braintrust can't blow another deal for a defenceman we shouldn't be trading for a disappointing return.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks and...SIGH...#FireTheGretzkys

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #712405 is a reply to message #712401 ]
Fri, 23 March 2018 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 23 March 2018 09:26

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 23 March 2018 09:11

This is silly. You have no idea when he may or may not start training in any of these situations. I'm very happy he didn't get injured more seriously in the extra games he played for no good reason.

I was driving yesterday so actually listened to the 31 Thoughts podcast where Friedman talked about Klefbom's injury and how there was speculation that the Oilers were playing him to shop him to other teams. I think it's interesting that that podcast was out on March 8th, and then on March 10th Klefbom got the shoulder scope causing him to miss two games ahead of the decision to shut him down.

I wish I could see this as a coincidence and that the Oilers had been planning to get him to have his shoulder looked at more closely, but there's definitely a chance that it took Friedman's revelation - which was in part due to other team's players saying they knew he was protecting the shoulder - before action was taken.

Now I know they've talked about this as if it was a nagging injury that has bugged him for a long time, but we also know that he hurt his shoulder in the playoffs last year seriously enough that he missed Game 6 against the Ducks, so I don't believe for a second that it hasn't been more pronounced and problematic this year. The Oilers had to know that. Even if the player was trying to gut it out, surely, their video analysis should pick up the same thing opposing players saw.

If this was really always just a 6-week fix, wouldn't it have been better to do it last summer and get it over with? or maybe earlier this winter when it was clear the season was already lost?

The best thing about this surgery is that it should eliminate a lot of his trade value so hopefully our braintrust can't blow another deal for a defenceman we shouldn't be trading for a disappointing return.

Yes because this org never trades players when their value is low.

The surgery doesn’t make me feel any safer.

#firebob

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #712408 is a reply to message #712405 ]
Fri, 23 March 2018 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Fri, 23 March 2018 09:59

Yes because this org never trades players when their value is low.

The surgery doesn’t make me feel any safer.

I'm hoping demand drops to zero with people uncertain how his shoulder is...Hopefully we're not willing to accept a Petry-like or Gilbert-like return on this one.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks and...SIGH...#FireTheGretzkys

Re: What happened to Oscar? [message #714634 is a reply to message #708979 ]
Tue, 15 May 2018 14:40 Go to previous message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

2 Cups

Does anyone here follow Oscar Klefbom on instagram?

His account now has him named “The XO” with the tag “Life is beautiful, but you don’t have a clue”... and all his pics were removed, new posts and stories of weird pictures with the tag “unfollow me”

Account hack? Or what’s up with Oscar?

https://www.instagram.com/oscarklefbom/

Survivor 52 CHAMP

Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]  
Previous Topic:Winds of Change
Next Topic:Leafs Nation trolls the Oilers
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2019.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca