F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » G. Reinhart Put On Waivers
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 G. Reinhart Put On Waivers [message #701165]
Sun, 29 October 2017 11:16 Go to next message
Skookum Jim is currently online Skookum Jim

5 Cups

Reinhart put on waivers by Vegas, do Oilers put in a claim?

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/92467268819868467 2

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner, Petrovic = Nathan Legare

Send a private message to this user  

Re: G. Rheinhart Put On Waivers [message #701166 is a reply to message #701165 ]
Sun, 29 October 2017 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vsove  is currently offline vsove

1 Cup

Can we then trade him for the two draft picks? Just a big ol' mulligan?

No Mo' Lowe | Fire McLellan | Fire everyone.

Re: G. Rheinhart Put On Waivers [message #701169 is a reply to message #701166 ]
Sun, 29 October 2017 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Babaganoosh  is currently offline Babaganoosh

1 Cup

He's a upgrade on Avitu or Avautu or whatever the hell is name is.

" If you have anything good to say, say it off!"

Re: G. Rheinhart Put On Waivers [message #701173 is a reply to message #701169 ]
Sun, 29 October 2017 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Babaganoosh wrote on Sun, 29 October 2017 12:48

Even if that's true - and having seen Griffin a while here, I"m not sure that it's much if any upgrade - we can't pick him up without filling our 50-contract limit. Considering that the whole strategy for the season seems to be sell the farm for upgrades at the deadline, you can't waste more contract spots on seventh defencemen.

Unless we can find someone to take Auvitu or Gryba or Pakarinen or Khaira, then they can't claim Reinhart.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks and...SIGH...#FireTheGretzkys

Re: G. Rheinhart Put On Waivers [message #701187 is a reply to message #701173 ]
Sun, 29 October 2017 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Babaganoosh  is currently offline Babaganoosh

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Sun, 29 October 2017 14:07

Even if that's true - and having seen Griffin a while here, I"m not sure that it's much if any upgrade - we can't pick him up without filling our 50-contract limit. Considering that the whole strategy for the season seems to be sell the farm for upgrades at the deadline, you can't waste more contract spots on seventh defencemen.

Unless we can find someone to take Auvitu or Gryba or Pakarinen or Khaira, then they can't claim Reinhart.

I completely agree with all of that. I still think they might make a move to claim him. They might see it as a way to save face on their atrocious asset Management

" If you have anything good to say, say it off!"

Re: G. Rheinhart Put On Waivers [message #701188 is a reply to message #701187 ]
Sun, 29 October 2017 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Babaganoosh wrote on Sun, 29 October 2017 20:51

Adam wrote on Sun, 29 October 2017 14:07

I completely agree with all of that. I still think they might make a move to claim him. They might see it as a way to save face on their atrocious asset Management

That would be what you call, Winning!

http://i.imgur.com/FSKuOgb.gif

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: G. Reinhart Put On Waivers [message #701177 is a reply to message #701165 ]
Sun, 29 October 2017 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

2 Cups

If the Oilers claim Reinhart, it's a pretty damning indication where this defense group is at right now. He's yet to prove he's NHL calibre, and if that's an upgrade on Auvitu and Gryba, that's revealing.

I think the contract limit might keep them at bay. I think it's why Chris Kelly never signed a deal, much as the Oilers seem to want to keep him around (seriously, what kind of under the table money is he getting to stick around Edmonton with no contract?)

Maybe they ship out a contract and make this happen. But I don't really miss Reinhart. It was a bad trade to get him, but I don't feel they lost much by losing him.

Re: G. Reinhart Put On Waivers [message #701179 is a reply to message #701177 ]
Sun, 29 October 2017 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

The defense of the 2017-18 Edmonton Oilers is not good enough. We can nitpick about why. Is Klefbom asked to do too much? Is Sekera missed that badly? Is Benning proving the sophomore slump?

If you loose a #2-3 defenseman like Sekera and it's doomsday, that's a problem. Injuries to defenseman have to be expected, and planned for. Especially if you want to go deep in the playoffs. The d needs depth, plain and simple. One more injury to any defenseman and we are not even a playoff team!

Klefbom = #2-3 Defenseman on a good team.
Larsson = #2-3
Sekera = #2-3
Russell = #4-5
Nurse = #4-5 (as of right now, he will trend up in the future)
Benning = #5-6
Gryba = #6-7
Auvitu = #7-8-AHL

It has been discussed to death on here what Chia should have done, and that anyone could see the holes in the line up. So what do we do moving forward is the big question. We have 5 mill in cap space. We have the best centre ice man on the planet and are in a win now mode.

I am of the opinion we mortgage some future, even if we get ripped off. I'd dangle the 2018 and heck even the 2019 first round selections to GM G.M. down in Vegas for Nate Shmidt.

Is that a bad trade? Kinda. Is Shmidt worth two firsts? No. Am I in love with Nate Shmidt and saying it has to be him? No, any d man of his ilk will do. I just think Vegas has an excuse to be bad, they are expansion and fan expectations are low, and GM G.M. is the most likely GM to become moist at the thought of two more early picks. Maybe the 2019 first and Dillon Simpson gets it done, I don't know. The real question: would this trade fix our defenseman depth problems? Yes. Maybe the depth could even allow Bear and Jones time to season in the AHL and not be rushed like all the other Oiler defenseman prospects.

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: G. Reinhart Put On Waivers [message #701178 is a reply to message #701165 ]
Sun, 29 October 2017 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

I think he's an upgrade on Auvitu, but the Oilers must have figured with all the d-men LV picked up in expansion that they'd need to put one or two on waivers eventually, so why max out our 50 man contract ? Poor planning.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner, Petrovic = Nathan Legare

Re: G. Reinhart Put On Waivers [message #701198 is a reply to message #701178 ]
Mon, 30 October 2017 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

4 Cups

Taking the Oilers out of the conversation. Another baffling move by Vegas. I can't remember who the Oilers exposed but Pouliot was one of them. Before the expansion draft, I had said I thought the smart move was to take Pouliot. Pouliot can play in your bottom 6, he can kill penalties, he skates well, has some size, decent skill and can score a little. He has shown over his career that for short 1-2 yr spurts, he can be a good player. The problem in Edmonton was he was past that 2 yr good spurt and he made WAY too much money as in 2-2.5 mill too much. But for Vegas who had cap space I thought he would be a good pick up over Reinhart simply because I thought there were way better dman available to take over Reinhart. Looks like I was right.

So they take Garrison as a favor to Tampa to get some mediocre extra assets then wave him because he's a really expensive, bottom pairing dman. Then that pass up any sort of remotely useful players from the Oilers and take a project in Reinhart so now they wave him.

Re: G. Reinhart Put On Waivers [message #701211 is a reply to message #701165 ]
Mon, 30 October 2017 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Reinhart clears.

That's still a win for Chia right? He lost a guy in the expansion draft that no one in the entire NHL wants. #winning

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: G. Reinhart Put On Waivers [message #701217 is a reply to message #701211 ]
Mon, 30 October 2017 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

4 Cups

Do you think it is just something to do with how the Reinhart kids are wired? Griffen was a fairly highly touted dman. Whether he should have been drafted 4th overall or not is up for debate but he would have been drafted pretty high regardless. Sam Reinhart was considered to be a really talented, high end scoring forward and he hasn't done much in Buffalo yet.

Re: G. Reinhart Put On Waivers [message #701218 is a reply to message #701217 ]
Mon, 30 October 2017 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 30 October 2017 10:37

Do you think it is just something to do with how the Reinhart kids are wired? Griffen was a fairly highly touted dman. Whether he should have been drafted 4th overall or not is up for debate but he would have been drafted pretty high regardless. Sam Reinhart was considered to be a really talented, high end scoring forward and he hasn't done much in Buffalo yet.

For sure Griffin's issue is speed. I think he was touted as having good hockey sense like Sam. Sam was super hyped for his hockey IQ, but I wonder if skating is an issue for him too.

All well and good to know where you should go, but unless you are like, Jagr smart, it's damn hard in the NHL to make up for a lack of speed if you're just a pure no physical contact offensive guy. And defensively, you're really screwed now if you can't be skating at a high level all night and you have to play anything close to top 4 minutes.

[Updated on: Mon, 30 October 2017 11:10]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: G. Reinhart Put On Waivers [message #701239 is a reply to message #701211 ]
Mon, 30 October 2017 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 30 October 2017 09:15

Reinhart clears.

That's still a win for Chia right? He lost a guy in the expansion draft that no one in the entire NHL wants. #winning

... either that or you can look at it as a guy you gave up 1st and 2nd round draft picks for .. that nobody else in the league wants... for free...

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: G. Reinhart Put On Waivers [message #701240 is a reply to message #701239 ]
Mon, 30 October 2017 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 30 October 2017 13:21

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 30 October 2017 09:15

Reinhart clears.

... either that or you can look at it as a guy you gave up 1st and 2nd round draft picks for .. that nobody else in the league wants... for free...

I choose to only look at the 2 most recent interactions/potential interactions. Just because :)

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: G. Reinhart Put On Waivers [message #743196 is a reply to message #701165 ]
Mon, 23 September 2019 20:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Griffin Reinhart was signed to a professional tryout contract by the BELLEVILLE Senators.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks and...SIGH...#FireTheGretzkys

Re: G. Reinhart Put On Waivers [message #743198 is a reply to message #743196 ]
Mon, 23 September 2019 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 23 September 2019 19:09

Griffin Reinhart was signed to a professional tryout contract by the BELLEVILLE Senators.

We can only hope those that had any input on the deal on our side are long gone and removed from input going forward.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: G. Reinhart Put On Waivers [message #743199 is a reply to message #743198 ]
Mon, 23 September 2019 21:53 Go to previous message

6 Cups

nullterm wrote on Mon, 23 September 2019 21:12

Adam wrote on Mon, 23 September 2019 19:09

We can only hope those that had any input on the deal on our side are long gone and removed from input going forward.

Pulju for Reinhart? Or do we have to add a 2nd?

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Previous Topic:Jets sign Laine 2x$6.75M
Next Topic:Injuries and the NHL's Refereeing
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2019.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca