F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » Max Pacioretty Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Max Pacioretty [message #700661]
Sun, 22 October 2017 18:34 Go to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

1 Cup

Elliotte Friedman suggested last night on air that the Oilers call about Max Pacioretty. Friedman is very well connected, so I am betting that his Montreal sources have hinted at Pacioretty's availability. Bergevin was adamant that the Subban rumors were false, and we all know how that story ended.

Even though we are already somewhat heavy on the left side, I think if this level of player is available you have to fit him in the roster. Pacioretty is remarkably consistent. He has scored 60+ points and 30+ goals every year in the last 6 seasons with exception to the lockout year.

He is 28, and is underpaid at 4.5M AAV. The contract ends after next season. With that kind of deal, maybe you can look at moving Lucic in the offseason or letting Maroon walk into free agency. Either way, Pacioretty instantly becomes the team's best natural winger on either side for a year and a half.

The speculation from fans is that RNH is the starting point. However, I would hope that the Oilers would be looking at other pieces to trade away (Puljujarvi, Yamamoto, picks, anything not needed to win right now). We need to keep as much talent as we can while we have the cap space. This year we can definitely afford it. With that said, Montreal probably isn't looking for prospects right now. They are weak at centre, so it may have to be Nuge going the other way for a deal to get done.

It's nearly a foregone conclusion that Nuge will be traded this offseason anyway. If there is a way to keep Nuge for now and get Pacioretty this year, that is preferable. But I could definitely stomach trading Nuge away if that is what they want. At least this time, we would be getting the best player in the deal.

How could one doubt the braintrust of 6 Cups Kevin Lowe, MacT's E-MBA from Queens, Paul Coffey's skills coach resume, and drunk Gretzky?

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #700662 is a reply to message #700661 ]
Sun, 22 October 2017 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

This does seem like a really good chance to take advantage of Montreal. Bergevin is obsessed with defensive minded guys now. Would if he would find Nuge appealing. Nuge seems to have developed a reputation around the league as a defensive C.

Should try to get Galchenyuk too :)

Nuge+Pulju+1st for Patches+Galchenyuk. Suddenly we have 2 sniper wingers for McDavid/Drai. Like, real snipers, the kinds that can take 1-timers. Guess we would have to make them play RW though, both lefties :)

[Updated on: Sun, 22 October 2017 20:23]

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #700663 is a reply to message #700661 ]
Sun, 22 October 2017 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

smyth260 wrote on Sun, 22 October 2017 18:34

Elliotte Friedman suggested last night on air that the Oilers call about Max Pacioretty. Friedman is very well connected, so I am betting that his Montreal sources have hinted at Pacioretty's availability. Bergevin was adamant that the Subban rumors were false, and we all know how that story ended.

Even though we are already somewhat heavy on the left side, I think if this level of player is available you have to fit him in the roster. Pacioretty is remarkably consistent. He has scored 60+ points and 30+ goals every year in the last 6 seasons with exception to the lockout year.

He is 28, and is underpaid at 4.5M AAV. The contract ends after next season. With that kind of deal, maybe you can look at moving Lucic in the offseason or letting Maroon walk into free agency. Either way, Pacioretty instantly becomes the team's best natural winger on either side for a year and a half.

The speculation from fans is that RNH is the starting point. However, I would hope that the Oilers would be looking at other pieces to trade away (Puljujarvi, Yamamoto, picks, anything not needed to win right now). We need to keep as much talent as we can while we have the cap space. This year we can definitely afford it. With that said, Montreal probably isn't looking for prospects right now. They are weak at centre, so it may have to be Nuge going the other way for a deal to get done.

I really like the idea of adding a scoring winger and have always like Pacioretty. A couple of responses to your thoughts;
- Re; RNH/cap space. This trade would likely have to include a good player, IE RNH. There seems to be a legend floating around that we have cap space now when in fact we do not have as much as it appears. Right now I believe we have around 8 mill in cap space but that is a bit of a mirage as it does not include bonuses that we do not want to carry over. Right now I believe those to be around 5 mill. That alone takes us down to a level that cant afford Patches
- You mention trading Lucic. A. I dont think managment will ever consider that as long as he brings what he is bringing. B. I believe his contract is almost trade proof and I dont see him waiving any no trade clauses

I would personally rather trade RNH than one of the high end prospects like JP or Yamamoto. Those are both guys that should be very useful for the next few years when the REAL cap crunch known as McDavids extension kicks in.

Our lack of depth is the issue regardless of how a trade might play out;
- trade a C, no depth there
- trade prospects, cupboard is pretty bare
- trade a D, needs to improve, cant really trade one
- Wingers, same as D

The options are slim but I think RNH then picks, then prospects are the order of operations to try and improve VIA trade

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #700669 is a reply to message #700663 ]
Mon, 23 October 2017 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

2 Cups

Montreal has no centers. They are playing Drouin as a center and I always thought he was more of a winger personally. You keep hearing that Galchenyk is available, now Pacioretty. Friedman is an extremely connected guy and not the type to make stuff up so there has to be a lot some truth to it. If you can get either of those 2, then I would do it.

As was mentioned, the center piece going back would have to be Nuge. I am a Nuge fan, I would love if he was an Oiler for a long time but I just don't see how. I have said it many times, I think the Oilers need to have McDavid and Leon as their 1-2 centers. So where do you put Nuge. Then with his salary at 6 mill, it makes it even tougher.

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #700686 is a reply to message #700669 ]
Mon, 23 October 2017 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

I looked up Pacioretty's stats.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/player-bio/max-pacioretty

35,30,37,39 goals in the last 4 seasons. 60+ pts each year. He makes 4.5 mill. So that is fantastic value for that contract. Those are the numbers that Eberle should have been putting up and he's making 1.5 mill less. So what do people think his value is? It has to be high.

What do people think Nuge's value is?

For what the Habs need vs what the Oilers could use and maybe afford to give, Nuge as the principal going back makes sense to me. If Nuge is in the top 6, scoring 60+ pts, then his contract is fine. But I just don't see how he can get to that level in Edmonton given he won't get a lot of PP time being on the second unit. IN Montreal, he would get PP time as they have squat for centers.

In a perfect world it is Nuge for Pacioretty straight up but I don't see it. 4.5 mill for a 35 goal scorer who's a captain has to be worth a ton. Everyone says that Chia always overpays in trades. Well what would people see has fair value? Montreal probably could use some defense prospects.

Would Nuge and maybe Jones be too much? Jones is probably one of their better defense prospects. People might say Bear but Jones looked in camp to be closer than Bear. I am just asking because I wouldn't freak out it that was the trade but maybe some would and I don't know what fair value would be.

[Updated on: Mon, 23 October 2017 11:20]

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #700687 is a reply to message #700686 ]
Mon, 23 October 2017 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 23 October 2017 11:17

I looked up Pacioretty's stats.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/player-bio/max-pacioretty

35,30,37,39 goals in the last 4 seasons. 60+ pts each year. He makes 4.5 mill. So that is fantastic value for that contract. Those are the numbers that Eberle should have been putting up and he's making 1.5 mill less. So what do people think his value is? It has to be high.

What do people think Nuge's value is?

For what the Habs need vs what the Oilers could use and maybe afford to give, Nuge as the principal going back makes sense to me. If Nuge is in the top 6, scoring 60+ pts, then his contract is fine. But I just don't see how he can get to that level in Edmonton given he won't get a lot of PP time being on the second unit. IN Montreal, he would get PP time as they have squat for centers.

In a perfect world it is Nuge for Pacioretty straight up but I don't see it. 4.5 mill for a 35 goal scorer who's a captain has to be worth a ton. Everyone says that Chia always overpays in trades. Well what would people see has fair value? Montreal probably could use some defense prospects.

Would Nuge and maybe Jones be too much? Jones is probably one of their better defense prospects. People might say Bear but looked in camp to be closer than Bear.

I think this would require the Montreal GM allowing himself to be taken advantage of. Maybe these is a chance here, no one can ever know. Bergevin does weird crap. And Patches is becoming hated with the Montreal fanbase, like Ebs was here, except even more expectation because he's their captain. Galchenyuk seems to be despised by the org as well, and many fans.

Probably seems dumb to try to say our GM should take advantage of another one, because Chia has been the guy making the moves from a position of weakness, either by his own fault or not necessarily. And I guess we are in a position of weakness yet again looking for shooters.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #700690 is a reply to message #700687 ]
Mon, 23 October 2017 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

I am baffled what the Habs are doing. They need centers, Galchenyuk is a center, he had a 20, then 30 goal season, had 17 goals in 61 games last year but they screw around with him, play him down in the lines, play him on the wing. DO the fans hate Pacioretty because he's not french? I don't get it.

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #700691 is a reply to message #700690 ]
Mon, 23 October 2017 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 23 October 2017 11:44

I am baffled what the Habs are doing. They need centers, Galchenyuk is a center, he had a 20, then 30 goal season, had 17 goals in 61 games last year but they screw around with him, play him down in the lines, play him on the wing. DO the fans hate Pacioretty because he's not french? I don't get it.

I don't think Galchenyuk has had a coach yet with any desire to play him at C. Think there was always a disagreement between Therrien and Galchenyuk about him playing C. He was saddled with Lars Eller as his C in 15/16 and still managed a 30 goal season (and scored 1P/60 5v5 more than Eller did when they were together). I doubt Galchenyuk could have any argument at all here though with McDavid and Drai in the lineup :)

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #700692 is a reply to message #700691 ]
Mon, 23 October 2017 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 23 October 2017 11:52

I don't think Galchenyuk has had a coach yet with any desire to play him at C. Think there was always a disagreement between Therrien and Galchenyuk about him playing C. He was saddled with Lars Eller as his C in 15/16 and still managed a 30 goal season (and scored 1P/60 5v5 more than Eller did when they were together). I doubt Galchenyuk could have any argument at all here though with McDavid and Drai in the lineup :)

I'd take Pacioretty or Galchenyuk on my team. Pacioretty is more proven but he hasn't got jerked around like Galchenyuk. If you can get a 30 goal scorer for under 5 mill, that's a value contract in my opinion. Pacioretty is cheaper but older.

Anyone know who's the better skater?

[Updated on: Mon, 23 October 2017 11:57]

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #700694 is a reply to message #700692 ]
Mon, 23 October 2017 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 23 October 2017 11:55

I'd take Pacioretty or Galchenyuk on my team. Pacioretty is more proven but he hasn't got jerked around like Galchenyuk. If you can get a 30 goal scorer for under 5 mill, that's a value contract in my opinion. Pacioretty is cheaper but older.

Think Patches is actually the better skater between them. Think he is definitely the superior player. Just would be really hard to keep him after 2 years.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #700696 is a reply to message #700694 ]
Mon, 23 October 2017 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 23 October 2017 12:02

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 23 October 2017 11:55

Think Patches is actually the better skater between them. Think he is definitely the superior player. Just would be really hard to keep him after 2 years.

True but he'd be over 30 so you you'd hope to have some young guys taking spots.

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #700698 is a reply to message #700661 ]
Mon, 23 October 2017 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

2 Cups

Oilers could do a lot worse than Nugent-hopkins for Pacioretty. I'm kind of fearful they will. MP would be a welcome addition, possible at the expense of a Maroon extension since Lucic is here for the long haul.

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #700701 is a reply to message #700698 ]
Mon, 23 October 2017 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mazankowski  is currently offline mazankowski

No Cups

Does Pacioretty plus Galchenyuk not get you Duchene though? If I'm the Habs I'm exploring that deal all day rather than Nuge plus on our end to get Pacioretty.

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #700702 is a reply to message #700701 ]
Mon, 23 October 2017 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

mazankowski wrote on Mon, 23 October 2017 17:14

Does Pacioretty plus Galchenyuk not get you Duchene though? If I'm the Habs I'm exploring that deal all day rather than Nuge plus on our end to get Pacioretty.

Colorado is demanding a top end 1st pairing D for Duchene, no? Thought that was Sakic's line in the sand, plus some more.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #700705 is a reply to message #700702 ]
Mon, 23 October 2017 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilfanforever!!  is currently offline Oilfanforever!!

No Cups

Now it's for sure going down!! lol

Tracy Lane @TreenasOil
12m
Oilers talking to Montreal,multiplayer RNH could be on the move.....APG

"McDavid is as good as I’ve seen in the last 30 years, the best player to come into the league in the last 30 years." Gretzky

"I think it goes without saying that there is a lot of pressure on me," McDavid

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #700710 is a reply to message #700705 ]
Tue, 24 October 2017 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Oilfanforever!! wrote on Mon, 23 October 2017 23:47

Now it's for sure going down!! lol

Tracy Lane @TreenasOil
12m
Oilers talking to Montreal,multiplayer RNH could be on the move.....APG

I like a lot of the rumors that Tracy Lane puts up. Too bad they all seem to be complete BS. icon_lol

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #700709 is a reply to message #700701 ]
Tue, 24 October 2017 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

I have heard all along that the Avs want a youngish, left shot, already top 4 dman as the center piece plus something else. If you look at the Avs defense, they need a dman badly. But so do the Habs ironically after they dumped Subban and traded Sergachev and traded Beauleau(i'm sure I butchered his name) and didn't replace Markov.

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #700734 is a reply to message #700709 ]
Tue, 24 October 2017 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mazankowski  is currently offline mazankowski

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 24 October 2017 07:09

I have heard all along that the Avs want a youngish, left shot, already top 4 dman as the center piece plus something else. If you look at the Avs defense, they need a dman badly. But so do the Habs ironically after they dumped Subban and traded Sergachev and traded Beauleau(i'm sure I butchered his name) and didn't replace Markov.

RDOilerfan and Kr55, The Habs really need a #1 C more than D men in my honest opinion. I know Colorado is looking for some youthful D men for Duchene, but teams aren't giving those up.

Is there a three way deal out there for the Avs to flip Pacioretty to in order to obtain a D man after they acquire Patches? The answer is maybe. There's a Ducks team who has a wealth of D men, a Minnesota team who can use scoring and has the assets, and even an Oilers team who has some prospects.

I guess Montreal needs so many pieces right now to stop the ship from sinking, that if they could turn Pacioretty into a #1 C or a young puck moving D man, they would do it in a heartbeat.

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #700737 is a reply to message #700734 ]
Tue, 24 October 2017 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

1 Cup

Guarantee you that the Habs are asking for Draisaitl, if Patches is in the conversation.

Would have to be MP plus other pieces though, no doubt.

Nuge doesn't get that deal done, at least not at the level of offensive output he's producing lately.

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #700764 is a reply to message #700737 ]
Tue, 24 October 2017 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

4 Cups

HamBlaster wrote on Tue, 24 October 2017 16:52

Guarantee you that the Habs are asking for Draisaitl, if Patches is in the conversation.

Nuge doesn't get that deal done, at least not at the level of offensive output he's producing lately.

This. Patches is beloved in Habs land. Whatever it is we give up, it’s gonna hurt and will be a lot more than an overpaid Nuge (I love him but his contract is a drag).

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #700813 is a reply to message #700764 ]
Wed, 25 October 2017 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

SEND THEM AUVITU! He's French! they love French!
Auvitu and Nuge... and add anyone (pick or prospect) that's not on the team currently.
If you hold on to your picks and propects you are holding a player that has a CHANCE of playing in the league. If you trade them for an active player, you get a player IN the league. Too many GM's (and fans) over value both IMO.

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #700934 is a reply to message #700813 ]
Thu, 26 October 2017 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

1 Cup

Can we sign MAP and MAB again and include them in the deal? Just to sweeten the "French pot" aka "fondue"?

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #700878 is a reply to message #700764 ]
Thu, 26 October 2017 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prince Albert 1  is currently offline Prince Albert 1

No Cups

nullterm wrote on Tue, 24 October 2017 20:00

This. Patches is beloved in Habs land. Whatever it is we give up, it’s gonna hurt and will be a lot more than an overpaid Nuge (I love him but his contract is a drag).

Then leave him in Montreal. Draisitl should be almost untouchable.

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #700907 is a reply to message #700764 ]
Thu, 26 October 2017 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

nullterm wrote on Tue, 24 October 2017 20:00

Is Patches still loved? I see lots of Habs fan hate these days because of his last playoffs.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #700922 is a reply to message #700907 ]
Thu, 26 October 2017 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

1 Cup

Underperforming playoff series? That is worth one Ryan Strome and nothing more.

How could one doubt the braintrust of 6 Cups Kevin Lowe, MacT's E-MBA from Queens, Paul Coffey's skills coach resume, and drunk Gretzky?

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #700929 is a reply to message #700922 ]
Thu, 26 October 2017 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Thu, 26 October 2017 16:22

Underperforming playoff series? That is worth one Ryan Strome and nothing more.

How convenient! We have a Ryan Strome!

Patches did have 1 good playoffs and 2 decent one too though unfortunately. Probably ups the price a bit.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #706418 is a reply to message #700661 ]
Thu, 04 January 2018 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

So, a Nuge for Patches swap is getting some talk in the media.

Nuge has 3 years left on his deal. Patches has 1.

Me no likey. How about trying Nuge on the friggin wing first if you want scoring on the wing? He's almost doubled Patches up in goals this year.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #706424 is a reply to message #706418 ]
Thu, 04 January 2018 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jds308  is currently offline jds308

No Cups

I don't do that trade. Nuge has been one of the few bright spots. Yes maybe trading him while his value is higher seems like a good idea, but I still don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Nuge has to go for cap reasons. Our center depth is good right now, don't wreck that.

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #706433 is a reply to message #706424 ]
Thu, 04 January 2018 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

jds308 wrote on Thu, 04 January 2018 12:16

I don't do that trade. Nuge has been one of the few bright spots. Yes maybe trading him while his value is higher seems like a good idea, but I still don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Nuge has to go for cap reasons. Our center depth is good right now, don't wreck that.

You know what the most Chiarelli thing the Oilers could do this summer would be? Trade Draisaitl.

No no-move clause, and he's got a big salary so they can say they cleared a lot of room. It could be really bad in the end, but we can probably get some return - maybe even more that simply a 1-for-1...

The media's already started to take aim at him (even though he's still scoring well - 32 points in 36 games). It wouldn't be hard to sell him as the attitude problem, especially with the rumours from earlier in the year.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #706435 is a reply to message #706433 ]
Thu, 04 January 2018 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Thu, 04 January 2018 13:55

You know what the most Chiarelli thing the Oilers could do this summer would be? Trade Draisaitl.

No no-move clause, and he's got a big salary so they can say they cleared a lot of room. It could be really bad in the end, but we can probably get some return - maybe even more that simply a 1-for-1...

The media's already started to take aim at him (even though he's still scoring well - 32 points in 36 games). It wouldn't be hard to sell him as the attitude problem, especially with the rumours from earlier in the year.

Oddly enough, a friend and I were texting ideas/scenarios this morning, and he mentioned Draisaitl for Karlsson.

Visual Win > Moral Win > Strong Effort with signs of improvement > Actual Win

December 15th, 2014: REBUILD #4 OFFICIALLY BEGINS!

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #706436 is a reply to message #706435 ]
Thu, 04 January 2018 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

bigEfromGP wrote on Thu, 04 January 2018 14:15

Oddly enough, a friend and I were texting ideas/scenarios this morning, and he mentioned Draisaitl for Karlsson.

Only way that makes sense is if Karlsson signs an extension on arrival.

And a $12MM contract for Karlsson will be VERY hard to balance with McDavid's deal...

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #706437 is a reply to message #706436 ]
Thu, 04 January 2018 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 04 January 2018 14:29

bigEfromGP wrote on Thu, 04 January 2018 14:15

Only way that makes sense is if Karlsson signs an extension on arrival.

And a $12MM contract for Karlsson will be VERY hard to balance with McDavid's deal...

I would honestly say that if that's possible, you just try to make it work. Oh, and make sure you fire Chia and hire some actual talent in management.

McDavd+Karlsson is a foundation you can do a hell of a lot with. Karlsson dragged his team kicking and screaming to the conference finals last year. You have a player with that kind of impact along with McDavid? Only a Lowe or Chia could F up getting the useful depth around them to have a contender. Actually, Lowe almost did it with just Pronger. Let's say only a Tambo, MacT or Chia would F it up :)

Kinda funny to think that Drai+Russell cap hits > UFA Karlsson.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 January 2018 14:42]

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #706438 is a reply to message #706437 ]
Thu, 04 January 2018 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

1 Cup

Karlsson to McDavid breakouts would be amazing.
Too bad we have so much cap space tied up long term on boat anchor contracts.
With no move clauses.

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #706440 is a reply to message #706438 ]
Thu, 04 January 2018 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Thu, 04 January 2018 14:44

With no move clauses.

Does anyone really believe that Chiarelli could acquire Karlsson without giving up far too much in return? Or without calculating on a giant raise for him in the coming year?

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #706441 is a reply to message #706440 ]
Thu, 04 January 2018 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 04 January 2018 15:34

With no move clauses.

Does anyone really believe that Chiarelli could acquire Karlsson without giving up far too much in return? Or without calculating on a giant raise for him in the coming year?

Sens aren't particularly well managed either. For whatever reason they really seem to like very expensive players (Duchene, Ryan, Phaneuf). And they move on from guys that won't extend with them pretty freely based on recent history :)

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #706444 is a reply to message #706438 ]
Thu, 04 January 2018 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

1 Cup

With no move clauses.

Wouldn't be that hard to make the money work, but the trade would have to be Drai for Karlsson. It is an interesting thought if the Sens don't believe they can re-sign Karlsson.

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #706431 is a reply to message #706418 ]
Thu, 04 January 2018 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 04 January 2018 11:18

Me no likey. How about trying Nuge on the friggin wing first if you want scoring on the wing? He's almost doubled Patches up in goals this year.

IF PC pulls the trigger on that deal, that alone is grounds for instant dismissal. Nuge is playing, in my mind, the best hockey of his professional career, on a good (great?) contract.

Visual Win > Moral Win > Strong Effort with signs of improvement > Actual Win

December 15th, 2014: REBUILD #4 OFFICIALLY BEGINS!

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #706432 is a reply to message #706431 ]
Thu, 04 January 2018 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

bigEfromGP wrote on Thu, 04 January 2018 13:51

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 04 January 2018 11:18

IF PC pulls the trigger on that deal, that alone is grounds for instant dismissal. Nuge is playing, in my mind, the best hockey of his professional career, on a good (great?) contract.

I really hope we have an approval process like the Sens in the world of Dreger :) So the firing can happen before the trigger is pulled.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #706428 is a reply to message #700661 ]
Thu, 04 January 2018 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

2 Cups

I think Pacioretty is a good player, but with his current down year and his contract up at the end of next, I'm not sure I'm offering a lot more than Strome and Benning (or something equivilant).

Re: Max Pacioretty [message #706509 is a reply to message #700661 ]
Fri, 05 January 2018 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

http://oilfans.com/forum/index.php?t=nested&th=46066& ;start=0&rid=4835&SQ=de2211885e22c54ed917b8549bbcbcc 5

so the answer then is... Karlsson.

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Penguins shopping Letang?
Next Topic:Hall for Ceci
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2018.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca