Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Gryba and Pitlick [message #696503]
Mon, 26 June 2017 13:18 Go to next message
George  is currently offline George

No Cups

Didn’t see this posted elsewhere.

Gryba

Ryan Rishaug‏Verified account @TSNRyanRishaug 3m3 minutes ago

Chiarelli aggressive getting pieces in place. Eberle/Russell/Kass all done, talks started w Gryba. All while neg. with 97 and 29.

Pitlick
David Pagnotta‏ @TheFourthPeriod 12m12 minutes ago

Oilers will have a retooled bottom-6 next season. Pitlick, Hendricks, Desharnais all appear to be moving on. Sense is DD open to return

I'm sorry to see Pitlick go; I've been cheering for him and he seemed to have it figured out last year. I wonder if it was the Oilers or Pitlick that decided to walk away. Anyway, this will make it even more important to sign Foo.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Gryba and Pitlick [message #696505 is a reply to message #696503 ]
Mon, 26 June 2017 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
McDavid97  is currently offline McDavid97

1 Cup

That's disappointing that Pitlick isn't coming back.

Foo is going to be signing in Calgary.

Re: Gryba and Pitlick [message #696550 is a reply to message #696505 ]
Mon, 26 June 2017 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

McDavid97 wrote on Mon, 26 June 2017 13:25

I saw someone post this about Foo over in the Treena's Oil thread. Is this just a bad feeling, a rumor going around, or a confirmed fact?

"My wife told me Edmonton was going to win the pick that day," said Gretzky. "That was the day that I retired 16 years ago. So, she said, for whatever reason, the Oilers have good luck today. Connor McDavid went to Edmonton."

Re: Gryba and Pitlick [message #696552 is a reply to message #696550 ]
Mon, 26 June 2017 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
George  is currently offline George

No Cups

PlusOne wrote on Mon, 26 June 2017 15:33

I saw someone post this about Foo over in the Treena's Oil thread. Is this just a bad feeling, a rumor going around, or a confirmed fact?

I've seen it speculated, can't remember where, that Foo is looking for guaranteed ice time which the Oilers aren't willing to give.

Re: Gryba and Pitlick [message #696555 is a reply to message #696552 ]
Mon, 26 June 2017 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

George wrote on Mon, 26 June 2017 15:37

I've seen it speculated, can't remember where, that Foo is looking for guaranteed ice time which the Oilers aren't willing to give.

Sounds like Schultz.
But much like Schultz you would think the state of the RW depth chart for the Oilers would give him some confidence without a guarantee.
That said, like Schultz he should have to earn that spot and not need a promise to it.

If that is true and a guarantee is what he wants I would let him walk. I want a young guy who believes he is good enough to earn a spot and goes out and does it

"My wife told me Edmonton was going to win the pick that day," said Gretzky. "That was the day that I retired 16 years ago. So, she said, for whatever reason, the Oilers have good luck today. Connor McDavid went to Edmonton."

Re: Gryba and Pitlick [message #696557 is a reply to message #696550 ]
Mon, 26 June 2017 15:47 Go to previous message
McDavid97  is currently offline McDavid97

1 Cup

Know someone that know someone. So we will see.

Sounds like of the 4 teams Edmonton did the worst job selling itself.

Re: Gryba and Pitlick [message #696507 is a reply to message #696503 ]
Mon, 26 June 2017 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

I tell you - Chiarelli wants to get out to the lake. He doesn't want to work much in July and August. He's just wrapping this up quickly!

If we give anything beyond $750,000 for a single year to Gryba, it's a disaster. He's a seventh defenceman in the twilight of his career. Pay him accordingly.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan

Re: Gryba and Pitlick [message #696521 is a reply to message #696507 ]
Mon, 26 June 2017 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan is currently online RDOilerfan

2 Cups

I am indifferent to Gryba. He's a depth guy. If they sign him, that's fine, I don't expect him to play a ton. If you can get a someone else for the same money, go for it. The benefit of Gryba is they know what will get from him.

For Pitlick, I don't know what to think. They have spent SOOOO much time developing him. He is starting to maybe look like a regular NHLer though I wouldn't guarantee him a spot. His big issue is he can't stay healthy. I don't know how long you hold onto a guy that can't stay healthy. So if they signed him, it shouldn't be for much. If he goes, I wish him well.

Re: Gryba and Pitlick [message #696541 is a reply to message #696521 ]
Mon, 26 June 2017 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

....sounds like Pitlick will get several offers...hope he goes somewhere that he can have a chance to play....he seems like an ideal fouth liner on a lot of NHL teams-when he's healthy...sure appreciate his effort, but hope he can figure out how to bring his gritensity without hurting himself and spending most of the season on IR....

Re: Gryba and Pitlick [message #696542 is a reply to message #696503 ]
Mon, 26 June 2017 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

4 Cups

Nothing against Gryba the person, but I'm so over watching wingers blow by him blindside and him not having the foot speed to catch them.

Unless he's somehow solved his gap control problems, I'd rather they look elsewhere. Even internally with Jordan Oesterle.

As for Pitlick, I'd have liked to see him re-signed as I think, when healthy, he is a better player than many in our bottom six (Khaira, Pakarinen, etc.) But I could see him wanting to see if there is a better opportunity elsewhere.

Re: Gryba and Pitlick [message #696547 is a reply to message #696542 ]
Mon, 26 June 2017 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan is currently online RDOilerfan

2 Cups

Even if they want too keep him, I can't see the Oilers signing Pitlick to anymore more than a 1 yr deal with his injury history. Too much of a risk, he can't stay healthy. But in Pitlick's case, with his injury history, you try and get as long of a contract as you can. So even if the Oilers offered you more money on a 1 yr deal, if you can get a 2 yr deal for slightly less, you take the security of the 2 yr deal.

Re: Gryba and Pitlick [message #696548 is a reply to message #696547 ]
Mon, 26 June 2017 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 26 June 2017 15:27

Even if they want too keep him, I can't see the Oilers signing Pitlick to anymore more than a 1 yr deal with his injury history. Too much of a risk, he can't stay healthy. But in Pitlick's case, with his injury history, you try and get as long of a contract as you can. So even if the Oilers offered you more money on a 1 yr deal, if you can get a 2 yr deal for slightly less, you take the security of the 2 yr deal.

I agree on this, and I think for Pitlick, he's had so much bad luck as an Oiler, he's likely ready to try something else.

He's a complimentary player, so if he'd sign here, I'd take him back, but I definitely don't want to risk too much on term or money with this player given his history. If someone else gives it to him, then best of luck Tyler.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan

Previous Topic:Treenas oil is back!!!!!!
Next Topic:NHL Draft Speculation
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2017.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca