This day on April 28
None

Happy Birthday To: Oilerfan in Tulsa, rrathel716

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #688716]
Tue, 14 March 2017 21:20 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

2 Cups

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   81%
Dallas to win:   19%
52 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #688725 is a reply to message #688716 ]
Tue, 14 March 2017 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

6 Cups

Everyone back on the bandwagon!

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #688726 is a reply to message #688725 ]
Tue, 14 March 2017 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

I kept yelling "SHOOT" at Hemsky just for old times sake. Boy does Dallas look like 2011-2 era Oil.

"We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010.

"The stink is still there." - Taylor Hall, Apr 10, 2016

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #688727 is a reply to message #688716 ]
Tue, 14 March 2017 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

5 Cups

I just hope this game provides some sort of impetus for the team to go on another winning streak and isn't just a blip caused by playing a really bad team. We'll see....

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #688728 is a reply to message #688716 ]
Tue, 14 March 2017 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

2 Cups

Slumpbuster.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #688729 is a reply to message #688716 ]
Tue, 14 March 2017 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

I missed Slep. Love having a guy like him on the 4th line taking wicked wristers all night.

McLellan needs to find a way to take some pressure off Drai. I know he got 2 assists, but they were of the "didn't really have much to do with the goal" variety.

So nice having a good 3rd line now. If the 1st line can somehow get back to their old ways in these next few weeks, we could be looking really good going into the playoffs. And obviously the 2nd line keeps rocking. Lucic earning his coin lately.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #688730 is a reply to message #688716 ]
Tue, 14 March 2017 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Dang, looking at the standings. Would be nice to have those 2 wins back that Gus stole from us by impersonating a fish out of water.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #688731 is a reply to message #688730 ]
Tue, 14 March 2017 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 14 March 2017 21:54

Dang, looking at the standings. Would be nice to have those 2 wins back that Gus stole from us by impersonating a fish out of water.

Or the game against Buffalo where they laid an egg? Or the two poor effort games against the Maple Leafs? Or the two losses to the Senators where we shot and shot but couldn't score...

One point behind - no one with games in hand...that's not a bad place to be, especially with two more games against Anaheim, and 7 of the last 12 against teams not in a playoff spot.

Ducks only have 4 games against current non-playoff teams. Flames have 5. All three teams with same home/away mix (7/5)

Hopefully that's a good game for the confidence levels of a lot of Oilers and they can carry that in to the next couple of games. It sure would be nice if they could get on a bit of a role and lock something down a little early.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #688732 is a reply to message #688731 ]
Tue, 14 March 2017 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 14 March 2017 22:01

Or the game against Buffalo where they laid an egg? Or the two poor effort games against the Maple Leafs? Or the two losses to the Senators where we shot and shot but couldn't score...

One point behind - no one with games in hand...that's not a bad place to be, especially with two more games against Anaheim, and 7 of the last 12 against teams not in a playoff spot.

Ducks only have 4 games against current non-playoff teams. Flames have 5. All three teams with same home/away mix (7/5)

Hopefully that's a good game for the confidence levels of a lot of Oilers and they can carry that in to the next couple of games. It sure would be nice if they could get on a bit of a role and lock something down a little early.

Yeah, there are games where stuff just doesn't go your way, and ones where you run into a goalie in god mode. But, in our case, we also had ones where we intentionally played a borderline ECHL goalie in net :)

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #688733 is a reply to message #688732 ]
Tue, 14 March 2017 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 14 March 2017 22:14

Adam wrote on Tue, 14 March 2017 22:01

Yeah, there are games where stuff just doesn't go your way, and ones where you run into a goalie in god mode. But, in our case, we also had ones where we intentionally played a borderline ECHL goalie in net :)

True. A goalie that everyone else in the league knew was bad last summer...but our GM signed him anyhow.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #688735 is a reply to message #688716 ]
Tue, 14 March 2017 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vsove  is currently offline vsove

No Cups

Backing off the ledge a little. That was a convincing win - the shot clock flatters the Stars. The only time it didn't feel like we were dominating was right around when they scored.

Was nice to see a win that didn't come on the backs of McDavid and Talbot. Lucid is a beast out there, he's found his next gear.

No Mo' Lowe

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #688752 is a reply to message #688735 ]
Wed, 15 March 2017 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

1 Cup

The Oilers need to win last nights game and they did. What I liked the most is they didn't just squeak out a win against a beatable team, they beat the hell out of them. AND LA lost in a shootout to one of the worst teams in the league and gained added another point to their total.

Hey boys, let's stay positive in here. No point in dwelling on the past. Remember just over a year ago the Oilers were dead last in the West and second last in the league. To go from that to being in the playoffs with a real chance of hosting a round is a MASSIVE improvement. The GM took a chance on Gus based on his previous experience with him, unfortunately his hunch failed. But amount of things he's done right that have helped the Oilers get to where they are today is way, way, way more than the couple of missteps. No GM is perfect. For the team, the fact they let a few games slip away early on is unfortunate but there haven't been that many.

So enjoy this. We fans have suffered through a lot of crap for a very long time. It's fun watching hockey again.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #688760 is a reply to message #688752 ]
Wed, 15 March 2017 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 15 March 2017 08:18

The Oilers need to win last nights game and they did. What I liked the most is they didn't just squeak out a win against a beatable team, they beat the hell out of them. AND LA lost in a shootout to one of the worst teams in the league and gained added another point to their total.

Hey boys, let's stay positive in here. No point in dwelling on the past. Remember just over a year ago the Oilers were dead last in the West and second last in the league. To go from that to being in the playoffs with a real chance of hosting a round is a MASSIVE improvement. The GM took a chance on Gus based on his previous experience with him, unfortunately his hunch failed. But amount of things he's done right that have helped the Oilers get to where they are today is way, way, way more than the couple of missteps. No GM is perfect. For the team, the fact they let a few games slip away early on is unfortunate but there haven't been that many.

So enjoy this. We fans have suffered through a lot of crap for a very long time. It's fun watching hockey again.

I had a discussion with a couple of friends about this recently. They were suggesting that since we were in a playoff spot, we didn't need to be overly critical of management. I don't really believe that's true. I think that the team could and would be better, if the management had made better decisions, and so whether it's the Reinhart trade, or the Gustavsson signing, or the Hall trade (although that one there is a divide on), I think you can and should be critical and recognize the mistakes. I hope the Oilers management is too...hopefully they're not too content with themselves knowing that the Oilers are in a playoff race and hopefully there's some realization from Chiarelli that without a couple of his big errors, this team is likely coming down the homestretch looking good for home ice advantage in the playoffs.

Honestly, I think it would be hypocritical to ignore the mistakes and bad messaging even in the better times, and I think if the management (which I still don't think is overly solid) isn't held to account, simply because having one of the top two or three players in the world has done a lot to raise this team up, then it's not likely to get any better, and we'll see them make more mistakes, bumbling through McDavid's career.

So Chiarelli's fair game for Gustavsson. It was a stupid move, that anyone could see was a bad decision, and it was certainly swimming against the stream. And, predictably, the Oilers got burned by it. It cost us games when Gustavsson played, and it's probably cost us points by requiring the Oilers to play Talbot to the point of exhaustion - which may play a role when we get to the playoffs too. There's precious few goalies in the last decade who've played 70+ games and can still backstop their teams late in to the playoffs.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #688763 is a reply to message #688760 ]
Wed, 15 March 2017 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
McDavid97  is currently offline McDavid97

1 Cup

Game was good in that we beat a weak opponent (they really need a goaltender and they looked like they were being coached by Eakins).

I found the game to be sloppy, lots of giveaways and not controlling the puck/play. The ice doesn't help though, puck was bouncing everywhere.

Dallas stepped it up on their goal and I was sure hoping they weren't going to tie it.

Hendricks needs to sit for a while, he missed a lot of checks (missed the player), puck would hit his stick and the play would die and just looked gassed.

Lucic stepped up when he burnt passed that defense for Nuges goal, was nice to see him step up.

Nice we won and LA lost.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #688764 is a reply to message #688760 ]
Wed, 15 March 2017 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Wed, 15 March 2017 09:06

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 15 March 2017 08:18

I had a discussion with a couple of friends about this recently. They were suggesting that since we were in a playoff spot, we didn't need to be overly critical of management. I don't really believe that's true. I think that the team could and would be better, if the management had made better decisions, and so whether it's the Reinhart trade, or the Gustavsson signing, or the Hall trade (although that one there is a divide on), I think you can and should be critical and recognize the mistakes. I hope the Oilers management is too...hopefully they're not too content with themselves knowing that the Oilers are in a playoff race and hopefully there's some realization from Chiarelli that without a couple of his big errors, this team is likely coming down the homestretch looking good for home ice advantage in the playoffs.

Honestly, I think it would be hypocritical to ignore the mistakes and bad messaging even in the better times, and I think if the management (which I still don't think is overly solid) isn't held to account, simply because having one of the top two or three players in the world has done a lot to raise this team up, then it's not likely to get any better, and we'll see them make more mistakes, bumbling through McDavid's career.

So Chiarelli's fair game for Gustavsson. It was a stupid move, that anyone could see was a bad decision, and it was certainly swimming against the stream. And, predictably, the Oilers got burned by it. It cost us games when Gustavsson played, and it's probably cost us points by requiring the Oilers to play Talbot to the point of exhaustion - which may play a role when we get to the playoffs too. There's precious few goalies in the last decade who've played 70+ games and can still backstop their teams late in to the playoffs.

OK. So the Gus signing was a bad one. There is one bad move.

Reinhart trade. Is it bad? Maybe. All depends on how you look at it. If you expected Reinhart to step right in and dominate, then yes it's bad. By all accounts from the minor league coach, Reinhart has taken a significant step forward this season. No young players development is the same. It looks like he will be a player which will salvage some of the trade and probably a dman that is a 4-6. But given the price, it's probably not a good one. So there is 2 "bad moves".

Hall trade. People are divided on this. I am one that doesn't see how they can be now but there are some that will never accept it. Hall has 44 points in 58 games. 15 goals 44 pts, -7. The Devils have 14 more games. Hall might score 50 pts in 72 games and probably won't score 20 goals. People say Hall is Elite, those aren't elite numbers. If you look at the Devils, they kept a lot of the same guys and swapped out Larsson for Hall. They brought in Hall to improve their offense. IN 82 games last year, the Devils scored 184 goals good for last in the league. In 68 games so far, they have 153 goals good for second last in the league They are going to have to go on a pretty good scoring run to equal their goal totals from last year. So they will probably score LESS with Hall. The Devils were -24 last year in goal diff. This year they are -44 after 68 games. So not only are the Devils scoring less, they are by far way worse defensively without Larsson.
The Oilers last season scored 203 goals and gave up 245 for a goal diff of -42. IN 69 games, the Oilers have scored 198 goals. In the next game or 2, they will surpass last years offense. So their offense hasn't dipped what so ever without Hall. Defensively they have allowed 182 goals and have a goal diff of +17. So a 59 goal improvement. Larsson has 4 goals 17 pts and is a +17 and has over 200 hits. He plays over 20 mins a min and I think he has been one of the Oilers best dmen all year and has a massive influence on the Oilers improvement. He's not that old so his best years are yet to come plus he's signed for a long time at less than 4.2 mill. With McDavid coming, his contract is massive.
This season, I believe the Oilers won this trade and it's not close. Go ahead and disagree but the numbers speak for themselves. The Oilers are in the playoffs, have a chance to host a round and Larsson has been a big part. The Devils had 84 pts last year and I think 20th . This season they have 62 in 68 games. Good for 3rd last in the league, 2 pts ahead of the Yotes. The Devils will be lucky to break 70pts this season. So the Devils got significantly worse this season with "Elite" Hall in the line up. I am not blaming Hall but he was brought in to help scoring, they are scoring less and giving up more goals.
For long term. Hall has 3 yrs left. After that 3 yrs he will be gone from the Devils and given how lousy they are now and how little talent they have, I think its a long shot for them to make the playoffs in the next 3 seasons with "elite" Hall leading the way. Larsson will still be here, being one of the main stats on the blueline and the Oilers will be a good and in the playoffs. So worst case, the trade is a saw off but overall, I think the Oilers won the trade.

So those are the "bad ones".

The good ones.
Talbot trade.
Talbot signing.
Sekera signing.
Kassian trade.
Maroon trade.
Klefbom contract.
Letestu signing.
Benning signing.
Russell signing for this season.
Yak trade: The guy was broken when he took over. He got an asset for him and he didn't have to eat salary. IN 68 games, Yak has been scratched 34 times. He will end up being scratched more than he will play and is probably bound for the KHL.
Still waiting
Lucic signing. Lucic is heating up when it matters and is a big time leader and been part of the turn around. Plus I think he will be a lot better next year like Sekera.
Desharnais-Davidson trade. Desharnais- 5 games, 2 goals 3 pts. Davidson has played 2 games. I don't see Davidson as a full time NHLer and so far Desharnais has brought a little scoring into the bottom 6 and has experience which will go a long way in the playoffs. But we will see.

So by the count.
9 off the top of my head really good moves. There are a few more minor league signings that might also work out that I didn't include. The goalies Ellis is lighting it up in Bakersfield as an example.
2 bad moves.
1 50-50 (Larsson- Hall. I think its good but I won't count it.)
2 no sure yet. (Lucic and Desharnais. Again I think they will work out, especially Lucic as I think he's already been huge for the team.)

So the huge majority of Chia's moves have worked out. But go ahead and focus on the couple of bad moves.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #688779 is a reply to message #688764 ]
Wed, 15 March 2017 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 15 March 2017 09:49

So by the count.
9 off the top of my head really good moves. There are a few more minor league signings that might also work out that I didn't include. The goalies Ellis is lighting it up in Bakersfield as an example.
2 bad moves.
2 no sure yet. (Lucic and Desharnais. Again I think they will work out, especially Lucic as I think he's already been huge for the team.)

So the huge majority of Chia's moves have worked out. But go ahead and focus on the couple of bad moves.

You're missing some - trading for Korpikoski and then having to buy him out would be another bad one...

And I could argue back on forth on different moves, but that's really besides the point. My point is that the team doing better doesn't free the GM for responsibility for his bad moves, and there's still significant risk to the team because of that decision that he made, and the decisions since then to do nothing to remedy it.

If Talbot were to get injured, we would be playing an AHLer as our starting goalie, with Gustavsson returning to take the back-up role. That's not good. I think we'd still limp in to the playoffs, but it would be close, and I think our chances in the first round would be very low.

It's great to enjoy where the Oilers are. I certainly am enjoying it. Last night was a great game. But I don't forget that the Oilers management team is a mess and that winning the lottery is really the only thing that has us here.

I think Chiarelli's better than MacTavish or Lowe at his job...but I don't think he's perfect, and I think if he'd made a few better moves, we could be challenging for the division title this year. That's the joy of having a generational player in your lineup and healthy. I really hope the Oilers don't squander it because they think they have time, or the GM wants to try and show how much smarter than the rest of the world he is...

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #688782 is a reply to message #688779 ]
Wed, 15 March 2017 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Wed, 15 March 2017 12:31

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 15 March 2017 09:49

So by the count.
2 bad moves.

You're missing some - trading for Korpikoski and then having to buy him out would be another bad one...

And I could argue back on forth on different moves, but that's really besides the point. My point is that the team doing better doesn't free the GM for responsibility for his bad moves, and there's still significant risk to the team because of that decision that he made, and the decisions since then to do nothing to remedy it.

If Talbot were to get injured, we would be playing an AHLer as our starting goalie, with Gustavsson returning to take the back-up role. That's not good. I think we'd still limp in to the playoffs, but it would be close, and I think our chances in the first round would be very low.

It's great to enjoy where the Oilers are. I certainly am enjoying it. Last night was a great game. But I don't forget that the Oilers management team is a mess and that winning the lottery is really the only thing that has us here.

I think Chiarelli's better than MacTavish or Lowe at his job...but I don't think he's perfect, and I think if he'd made a few better moves, we could be challenging for the division title this year. That's the joy of having a generational player in your lineup and healthy. I really hope the Oilers don't squander it because they think they have time, or the GM wants to try and show how much smarter than the rest of the world he is...

Chia traded an older, way more expensive Anton Lander in Boyd Gordon to get Korpikoski. Was Korpikoski awesome? No but he was a bottom 6 forward, killed some penalties and it cost the Oilers a guy who couldn't skate and provided ZERO offense. So they gave up next to nothing.

Regardless, Chia has made way, way way more positive moves than negative ones. There isn't a GM that doesn't have a few moves they would like back. The overall body of his work has been pretty good and the results say it was.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #688787 is a reply to message #688782 ]
Wed, 15 March 2017 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 15 March 2017 13:14

Chia traded an older, way more expensive Anton Lander in Boyd Gordon to get Korpikoski. Was Korpikoski awesome? No but he was a bottom 6 forward, killed some penalties and it cost the Oilers a guy who couldn't skate and provided ZERO offense. So they gave up next to nothing.

Regardless, Chia has made way, way way more positive moves than negative ones. There isn't a GM that doesn't have a few moves they would like back. The overall body of his work has been pretty good and the results say it was.

The issue with the Gordon trade was that he traded a guy with one year left on his deal for a guy with two years. Both looked to be fading as NHLers. Because of that, they needed to buy out Korpikoski, which means he's still on the Oilers payroll for this year and next.

As for the results, I think a healthy top six, plus Oscar Klefbom would have had last year's roster looking much much better too. I think the GM is getting more credit than he deserves for the improvement.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #688791 is a reply to message #688787 ]
Wed, 15 March 2017 14:56 Go to previous message

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Wed, 15 March 2017 14:29

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 15 March 2017 13:14

The issue with the Gordon trade was that he traded a guy with one year left on his deal for a guy with two years. Both looked to be fading as NHLers. Because of that, they needed to buy out Korpikoski, which means he's still on the Oilers payroll for this year and next.

As for the results, I think a healthy top six, plus Oscar Klefbom would have had last year's roster looking much much better too. I think the GM is getting more credit than he deserves for the improvement.

Name a GM that hasn't made a mistake? I can't wait to hear what you have to say.

Yzerman. Everyone says Yzerman is a good GM. He signed Fillipula as a UFA for 5 mill a season. He's had a 58 pt season his first year. Then he had a 48, 31 and this season had 34 pts. That's a brutal signing. He was finally able to dump him.
Yzerman traded St. Louis to the Rangers for Callahan in 2014. He was having a brutal season. Then in June of 2014 he signed him to a 6 year, 5.8 mill per season cap hit deal plus gave him a no move. He can't skate. He had 28 pts last season. He's only played 18 games this year. He has that contract for another 3 more yrs. It's a brutal contract. It's basically untradeable and might cost him one of his really good RFA's that are coming up.

Dean Lombardi is viewed as a pretty good GM. Has a couple of cups recently. Do we have to go down the stupid contracts he gave out? He had to buy out Richards. He has Dustin Brown at 5.875 until 2022. Brown can't play anymore. Gaborik who's 35 and signed until 2021 has a cap hit of 4.875. He had 22 pts in 54 games last yr. He's got 18 pts in 46 games this year. He can't stay healthy and he can't play anymore.

Those are just 2 GM's. Every one of them has several moves they'd like back.

Chiarelli traded for Korpikoski then bought him out. Oh NOO the horror!! It cost the Oilers 500K this season and a mill next. OMG!!!

He took a dead last team with zero defense, no goaltending and except for a couple of forwards, mostly lousy forwards and in his second season they are in a playoff spot, have a real chance at hosting a playoff where they have been in there since game 1. Ignore the mountain of good and focus in on the few missteps.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #688761 is a reply to message #688716 ]
Wed, 15 March 2017 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

2 Cups

I like games like that.

So I was hate watching Eberle knowing I would see a bunch a soft plays but I noticed something about his game. I noticed how much he always supports the puck carrier by being the outlet pass should the puck carrier run out of options, time and time again, he supported the puck carrier. He passed the puck can kept the cycle of play alive more often than not. So is that his game now, I thought he was supposed to score goals but that's not the role he played last night. So I guess he's a supportive player? Not worth 6M but certainly worth a bit to support plays like that, no?

Slepyshev is showing more and more that he belongs in the bigs in a bottom 6 role. It's refresshing to see how much he can shoot the puck. Kassian too with his nice little feed to a goal starved Pouliot, loved watching Kass's play last night!

...I like games like that.

The very definition of insanity is doing the same thing expecting different results.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #688765 is a reply to message #688716 ]
Wed, 15 March 2017 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam Larsson @AdamLarsson3
Where do you get all the energy from @drtwofive ???

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C68GHcZWYAAATSJ.jpg

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #688766 is a reply to message #688716 ]
Wed, 15 March 2017 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

I thought Slepyshev had a great game. I hope he can permanently stay in the bottom 6 for the final 13 games.

The Oilers have not played their best hockey as of late but did you know in the past 6 games where Slepyshev has played with the big club the Oilers are 5-1-0.

And for the 34 games that Slepyshev has played this season for the Oilers their record is 23-9-2.

icon_eek

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #688767 is a reply to message #688766 ]
Wed, 15 March 2017 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

I like Slep. He's got a good, heavy shot. Skates pretty well. Has decent size and when he's skating, he's effective. As much as I like Hendricks, the boots just aren't there anymore and I would have no problem dressing Slep over him.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #688768 is a reply to message #688766 ]
Wed, 15 March 2017 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

1 Cup

WhoreableGuy wrote on Wed, 15 March 2017 10:11

I thought Slepyshev had a great game. I hope he can permanently stay in the bottom 6 for the final 13 games.

The Oilers have not played their best hockey as of late but did you know in the past 6 games where Slepyshev has played with the big club the Oilers are 5-1-0.

And for the 34 games that Slepyshev has played this season for the Oilers their record is 23-9-2.

icon_eek

I really like Slepyshev. He seems to be the only guy in this team who has a shoot first mentality. Something that we're sorely lacking. It doesn't hurt that he plays a heavy game too, and is really tenacious on the forecheck.

I actually wouldn't hate seeing him get a chance on the pp at some point.

Previous Topic:Oiler tickets from StubHub
Next Topic:GDT: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2017.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca