F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » trade deadline 2017Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687256 is a reply to message #687248 ]
Mon, 20 February 2017 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rrathel716  is currently offline rrathel716

No Cups

Not sure Ebs goes first. What is easier to find a 3C or a 1RW.

My bet would go on RNH to go first let's say that you can get Brian Boyle at 2M and get rid of RNH at 6M so you save 4M that you can add for Draisaitl new contract so that should equals what you need salary wise to resign your player without sacrificing the team structure and get a decent 3C cheap for a little while until some of your own picks could replace him. The year after you use Eberle to do the same thing with McDavid but you replace him internally with Puljujarvi on ELS so you save lots of monay to reinvest in your star player. The return on Eberle is prospect and picks.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687255 is a reply to message #687117 ]
Mon, 20 February 2017 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rrathel716  is currently offline rrathel716

No Cups

The Russell - Franson, I would do it without hesitating.

RNH +Laurent Brossoit + 4th for Boyle and Bishop + 3rd

Davidson TB3rd to Arizona for Vrbata

Maroon - McDavid - Eberle
Lucic - Draisaitl - Vrbata
Slepyshev - Boyle - Kassian
Khaira - Letestu - Pakarinen

extra Hendrick and Caggiula

Klefbom - Larsson
Sekera - Franson
Nurse - Benning

extra Gryba and Osterle if needed

Cam Talbot
Ben Bishop

If you move people you make sure you get better ones in return so you loose

RNH, Russell, Davidson, Brossoit and 2 3rd pick and a 4th for

Franson, Boyle, Bishop, Vrbata, and 3rd.

you address 2RW, RD, 3C, 2G and get a pick 3rd.

Salary out RNH 6M, Russell 3.1M, Brossoit 650K, Davidson 1.3M so around 11M out.

Salary in Franson 3.4M, Boyle 2m, Bishop 6.5, Vrbata 1M so around 13M in but all UFAs

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687264 is a reply to message #687255 ]
Mon, 20 February 2017 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jakey  is currently offline Jakey

No Cups

rrathel716 wrote on Mon, 20 February 2017 10:21

The Russell - Franson, I would do it without hesitating.

RNH +Laurent Brossoit + 4th for Boyle and Bishop + 3rd

Davidson TB3rd to Arizona for Vrbata

Maroon - McDavid - Eberle
Lucic - Draisaitl - Vrbata
Slepyshev - Boyle - Kassian
Khaira - Letestu - Pakarinen

extra Hendrick and Caggiula

Klefbom - Larsson
Sekera - Franson
Nurse - Benning

extra Gryba and Osterle if needed

Cam Talbot
Ben Bishop

If you move people you make sure you get better ones in return so you loose

RNH, Russell, Davidson, Brossoit and 2 3rd pick and a 4th for

Franson, Boyle, Bishop, Vrbata, and 3rd.

you address 2RW, RD, 3C, 2G and get a pick 3rd.

Salary out RNH 6M, Russell 3.1M, Brossoit 650K, Davidson 1.3M so around 11M out.

Salary in Franson 3.4M, Boyle 2m, Bishop 6.5, Vrbata 1M so around 13M in but all UFAs

Dude I really don't want to sound mean when I say this, but just quit proposing these outrageous trades. You are way off and these trades are not even remotely possible.

Maybe try thinking of both sides as an armchair GM of each team you are proposing a trade. Understand each teams needs, put a reasonable value on both players & truly understand that massive trades won't happen this trade deadline this year for the Oilers. Chiarelli isn't about to make a massive swap of players who at this point are pretty useful in our current line up.

He will add a couple of depth players & maybe a back up goalie and that is about it, unless some other GM makes a huge mistake and he takes advantage of them.

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687438 is a reply to message #686123 ]
Thu, 23 February 2017 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

4 Cups

Is there a chance that the Isles would retain half of Halak's cap hit through next year? Can the Oilers afford $2.25 million for a backup. I'm not a fan of the Oilers blowing out their brains for a playoff run this year, but I think the backup goaltending has to be addressed.

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687637 is a reply to message #687438 ]
Mon, 27 February 2017 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mazankowski  is currently offline mazankowski

No Cups

Is this a trade which makes sense?

https://twitter.com/InsideSabres/status/836255059210080257

"Just heard the #Sabres have an offer to trade Linus Ullmark, and Cody Franson to the #Oilers for Matthew Benning, and a 2nd."

Not gonna lie, I'm not huge on Matt Benning, but I realize he's a rookie and will only get better. But getting a bigger D man with experience and a goaltender who is trending upwards may be a great swap. But this 2nd rounder must be next years, which if we plan on getting better, may be a 55-60th pick next season.

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687639 is a reply to message #687637 ]
Mon, 27 February 2017 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

6 Cups

mazankowski wrote on Mon, 27 February 2017 10:50

"Just heard the #Sabres have an offer to trade Linus Ullmark, and Cody Franson to the #Oilers for Matthew Benning, and a 2nd."

Not gonna lie, I'm not huge on Matt Benning, but I realize he's a rookie and will only get better. But getting a bigger D man with experience and a goaltender who is trending upwards may be a great swap. But this 2nd rounder must be next years, which if we plan on getting better, may be a 55-60th pick next season.

Must be a second from next year, cause we don't have one this year. Also, quite the old Sabres logo on that twitter profile. In the words of President Don... "FAKE NEWS".

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687641 is a reply to message #687639 ]
Mon, 27 February 2017 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

OilMJMOil wrote on Mon, 27 February 2017 08:53

mazankowski wrote on Mon, 27 February 2017 10:50

Must be a second from next year, cause we don't have one this year. Also, quite the old Sabres logo on that twitter profile. In the words of President Don... "FAKE NEWS".

You're likely right, but still an interesting proposal which benefits both teams. Usually these fake rumours involve one team fleecing the other.

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687640 is a reply to message #687637 ]
Mon, 27 February 2017 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
McDavid97  is currently offline McDavid97

1 Cup

Trade seems to make sense. It gets us a backup goalie that played 18 games (small sample) in the NHL with a .913 save percentage.
It also gives us a RHD in Cody Franson.

If they are not going to sign Russell in the offseason this gives us a shot at another player that could potentially be that replacement.

I like Benning, we are going to lose someone in the off season but that now just puts the mark on someone else.

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687645 is a reply to message #687640 ]
Mon, 27 February 2017 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

McDavid97 wrote on Mon, 27 February 2017 09:56

Trade seems to make sense. It gets us a backup goalie that played 18 games (small sample) in the NHL with a .913 save percentage.
It also gives us a RHD in Cody Franson.

If they are not going to sign Russell in the offseason this gives us a shot at another player that could potentially be that replacement.

I like Benning, we are going to lose someone in the off season but that now just puts the mark on someone else.

Franson is a UFA-to-be. If you're looking at him to fill a spot for next year, then you can pick him up in a couple of months. Or he may just sign somewhere else.

That makes the trade Benning and a 2nd for a back-up goalie and a rental. That's too high a price to pay. I would definitely take Franson here, and he might even push Benning to the bench some nights...but I would NOT trade Benning - at age 22, with years left until UFA and just starting to develop as an NHLer - for a rental and a backup.

I'd like the team to have a decent back-up, but they needed that guy months ago. Now, we're in the thick of a playoff hunt, so no matter who they picked up, the coaches are going to ride Talbot. Once we get to the post-season, Talbot plays every game unless he gets hurt. Getting a back-up now means a fraction more rest for Talbot before the playoffs...that's it. So I don't overpay for that now.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687642 is a reply to message #687637 ]
Mon, 27 February 2017 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

2 Cups

mazankowski wrote on Mon, 27 February 2017 09:50

I can't be the only person who read that as Linus Omark can I?

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687643 is a reply to message #687642 ]
Mon, 27 February 2017 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Mon, 27 February 2017 11:01

haha that's how I read it at first as well.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687644 is a reply to message #687642 ]
Mon, 27 February 2017 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Mon, 27 February 2017 09:01

rofl I absolutely agree there NZ. Hey, he's a free agent isnt he? icon_rolleyes

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687646 is a reply to message #687637 ]
Mon, 27 February 2017 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

I don't think Franson as a rental is worth Benning. Would want to add him without giving up such a good prospect. Maybe Reinhart :) Franson isn't producing in a way that would justify a big rental pricetag.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687650 is a reply to message #687646 ]
Mon, 27 February 2017 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilPeg  is currently offline OilPeg

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 27 February 2017 11:07

I don't think Franson as a rental is worth Benning. Would want to add him without giving up such a good prospect. Maybe Reinhart :) Franson isn't producing in a way that would justify a big rental pricetag.

I don't think I'm trading Benning for anyone right now, especially rentals. I think he's got a lot of potential and definitely worth hanging on to. He and Nurse could make a pretty solid pairing.

As for Franson, I'm in at the right price as guys are saying. I hope people who are referring to him as a big defenseman aren't expecting him to play as big defenseman though. I don't believe that's his game. Expect the shot and the PP contribution, but don't expect him to wallpaper anyone.

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 02 June 2012 00:29

But he (Belanger)'s as soft as room temp. margarine.

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 16 March 2021 18:49

Turris in the BOA will be like an ice cube in the Sahara.

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687653 is a reply to message #687650 ]
Mon, 27 February 2017 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

OilPeg wrote on Mon, 27 February 2017 10:55

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 27 February 2017 11:07

I don't think I'm trading Benning for anyone right now, especially rentals. I think he's got a lot of potential and definitely worth hanging on to. He and Nurse could make a pretty solid pairing.

As for Franson, I'm in at the right price as guys are saying. I hope people who are referring to him as a big defenseman aren't expecting him to play as big defenseman though. I don't believe that's his game. Expect the shot and the PP contribution, but don't expect him to wallpaper anyone.

Yeah, I think he's like a D version of Purcell. He has good skills, and has a big body, but doesn't really play physical at all and can look disinterested at times. I would hope if we traded for Franson he will be able to be useful on a PP. Doesn't look like he's been getting much going with the man advantage for some years now. His corsi stats suggest he has been helpful though. >50% with 45% offensive zone starts, although he might still be getting sheltered ice time, even though the zone stars are tough. Buffalo might just start in their own end all the time cause they aren't that good.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687654 is a reply to message #687653 ]
Mon, 27 February 2017 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 27 February 2017 11:21

Yeah, I think he's like a D version of Purcell. He has good skills, and has a big body, but doesn't really play physical at all and can look disinterested at times. I would hope if we traded for Franson he will be able to be useful on a PP. Doesn't look like he's been getting much going with the man advantage for some years now. His corsi stats suggest he has been helpful though. >50% with 45% offensive zone starts, although he might still be getting sheltered ice time, even though the zone stars are tough. Buffalo might just start in their own end all the time cause they aren't that good.

I do think playing behind Ristolainen hurts his PP numbers. He's getting second unit icetime. Lesser players, and only 30-40 seconds on most PPs. I think if you go around the league, you'll see a big drop in production from Unit 1 to Unit 2. Some of that is not being as good, but some is also about opportunity.

I'm still not sure why Benning's never got a look on the Edmonton powerplay. We've continued to play left shots there, despite the fact that it takes away any one-time threat. Benning is a right shot, and has some offensive instincts. Is it just coaches worried that he's exposed as the only d-man out there?

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687674 is a reply to message #686123 ]
Mon, 27 February 2017 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Bruce Garrioch reporting the Sens are finalizing a deal for Alex Burrows:

https://twitter.com/SunGarrioch?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwc amp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687694 is a reply to message #686123 ]
Mon, 27 February 2017 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Friedman reporting something is up with Blues and Caps...

https://mobile.twitter.com/friedgehnic/status/83639924304474 1120

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687695 is a reply to message #687694 ]
Mon, 27 February 2017 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Twitter a buzz with "Blues have a trade in place for Shattenkirk"

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687728 is a reply to message #687695 ]
Tue, 28 February 2017 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Kinda of a weird trade suggestion, but could be ok for both teams. Nothing exciting, but would help a little.

Filppula & a 4th (for the $1 million in cap we take on) for Pouliot

Fil makes $5 million and has 1 more year left. He plays center and might be an ok 3rd line option. Not very big or physcal, but works really hard & has some playoff experience with the Wings.
Pouliot is a total waste at $4 million a year with one more year left. We add $1 million in cap space, but get a little more useful player.

TB dumps $1 million in salary which they are in really desperate mode to do so right now because they have to sign the 2 twins, Drouin & Hedman's new deal kicks in next year. TB has said to ask Filppula to waive his modified no trade to one of the 13 teams on his list.

Nothing fancy, but might work for both teams.

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687736 is a reply to message #687728 ]
Tue, 28 February 2017 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Jakey wrote on Tue, 28 February 2017 08:12

Kinda of a weird trade suggestion, but could be ok for both teams. Nothing exciting, but would help a little.

Fil makes $5 million and has 1 more year left. He plays center and might be an ok 3rd line option. Not very big or physcal, but works really hard & has some playoff experience with the Wings.
Pouliot is a total waste at $4 million a year with one more year left. We add $1 million in cap space, but get a little more useful player.

TB dumps $1 million in salary which they are in really desperate mode to do so right now because they have to sign the 2 twins, Drouin & Hedman's new deal kicks in next year. TB has said to ask Filppula to waive his modified no trade to one of the 13 teams on his list.

Pouliot has 2 more years left so not sure why Tampa would do this, but if so, then I'd do it. I think they're more likely to just buyout Filppula or do a Arizona deal, i.e. Filpulla and a 2nd for a "prospect"

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687738 is a reply to message #687736 ]
Tue, 28 February 2017 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

mazankowski wrote on Tue, 28 February 2017 09:42

Pouliot has 2 more years left so not sure why Tampa would do this, but if so, then I'd do it. I think they're more likely to just buyout Filppula or do a Arizona deal, i.e. Filpulla and a 2nd for a "prospect"

Yep, sorry missed that pretty important piece lol. No way this ever happens then.

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687739 is a reply to message #687736 ]
Tue, 28 February 2017 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilPeg  is currently offline OilPeg

No Cups

mazankowski wrote on Tue, 28 February 2017 10:42

Yeah, if TB is trading Filppula it's to gain cap room. Pouliot would not be the return there. Surely they're looking for picks and prospects here, not another bad contract.

The Filppula stuff is floating around out there that he's been asked to waive his NTC to go to one of the teams on his no-trade list. Apparently Yzerman has his list, but a team has come calling for him that's on the no-go list. I can't think of a more appropriate team to fit this mold than Edmonton. Surely Edmonton is on his NT list so it makes sense that he may change his mind now after the season the Oilers have had, they are likely much more attractive now than in the fall when the list was likely submitted.

He'd slide in nicely at 3C, problem is he's a left shot I believe, so filling in on RW could be difficult if they want to run McD-Drai-RNH down the middle. His having another year left provides a little grief come expansion draft time too as he's got an NMC and whether or not it comes with him I don't know. Although I think the Oilers can afford to protect him anyway in the 7-3 model, just means Letestu will be exposed, which he may have had to be anyway due to the requirements. I think he'd be a good addition, might not cost much either as he's basically a cap dump by Tampa, maybe a 4th?

ETA: By trading Filppula it would allow Tampa to protect Killorn too as they'd be no longer bound to Filppula's NMC. That's a large advantage for them as I'm sure they didn't want to lose Killorn to Vegas.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 February 2017 10:05]

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 02 June 2012 00:29

But he (Belanger)'s as soft as room temp. margarine.

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 16 March 2021 18:49

Turris in the BOA will be like an ice cube in the Sahara.

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687746 is a reply to message #686123 ]
Tue, 28 February 2017 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Brendan Smith from Detroit to the Rangers apparently.

Oh, and Ryan Rishaug doesn't think the Oilers should go for Vanek...shockingly!

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687747 is a reply to message #687746 ]
Tue, 28 February 2017 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Smith for a 2nd and a 3rd... steeep price.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687752 is a reply to message #687747 ]
Tue, 28 February 2017 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi is currently online CrusaderPi

6 Cups

OilMJMOil wrote on Tue, 28 February 2017 10:44

OMG! Jerred Smithson got traded again?!?!

Quick question, what was Smithson's FO% with the Oilers in 2012-13? 57.4%. Literally the perfect pick up.

East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687753 is a reply to message #687752 ]
Tue, 28 February 2017 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

1 Cup

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 28 February 2017 11:35

Quick question, what was Smithson's FO% with the Oilers in 2012-13? 57.4%. Literally the perfect pick up.

People always ponder and think what has been the lowest of the low for the Oilers the past 10 seasons. What was rock bottom?

A lot of people bring up the Mac T interview right after the 2014-2015 season as the lowest point in Oilers history.

Not I, for me April 3rd 2013 was the lowest point in Oilers history when they traded for Jerred Smithson.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687755 is a reply to message #687753 ]
Tue, 28 February 2017 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Tue, 28 February 2017 12:15

People always ponder and think what has been the lowest of the low for the Oilers the past 10 seasons. What was rock bottom?

A lot of people bring up the Mac T interview right after the 2014-2015 season as the lowest point in Oilers history.

Not I, for me April 3rd 2013 was the lowest point in Oilers history when they traded for Jerred Smithson.

Why that one? At the time, the Oilers were in the thick of a playoff race and it looked like we had a shot. Krueger had them playing decent hockey.

The deadline was a dud, for sure. Was definitely underwhelming and meant not a lot of help coming...but to me, that day was nothing compared to a couple weeks later when they promoted MacT to GM and had that ridiculous press conference talking about impatience and rings and tiers of fandom. Or the next one after that where MacTavish talked about how he was going to liquidate Horcoff and Hemsky, and how if you have to ask the question then you know all the answers on Dubnyk...

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687758 is a reply to message #687755 ]
Tue, 28 February 2017 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 28 February 2017 12:55

Why that one? At the time, the Oilers were in the thick of a playoff race and it looked like we had a shot. Krueger had them playing decent hockey.

The deadline was a dud, for sure. Was definitely underwhelming and meant not a lot of help coming...but to me, that day was nothing compared to a couple weeks later when they promoted MacT to GM and had that ridiculous press conference talking about impatience and rings and tiers of fandom. Or the next one after that where MacTavish talked about how he was going to liquidate Horcoff and Hemsky, and how if you have to ask the question then you know all the answers on Dubnyk...

I would love an Oil Change episode about that specific trade. Whose idea was it? Who pulled the trigger? What did the key managerial figures think would happen? Did MacT have a feeling?

Just because I like derailing threads (sorry MJM) and posting links to old threads I've posted in...

http://oilfans.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=41602&pr evloaded=1&rid=949&SQ=55756669d02661c6a27bb5029a9334 ae&start=0

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687760 is a reply to message #687758 ]
Tue, 28 February 2017 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

2 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 28 February 2017 13:06

I would love an Oil Change episode about that specific trade. Whose idea was it? Who pulled the trigger? What did the key managerial figures think would happen? Did MacT have a feeling?

Just because I like derailing threads (sorry MJM) and posting links to old threads I've posted in...

http://oilfans.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=41602&pr evloaded=1&rid=949&SQ=55756669d02661c6a27bb5029a9334 ae&start=0

I thought maybe this was the thread you were going to link:
http://oilfans.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=666574& ;rid=3139&SQ=bb77718d21041cb36652d0013861adfe#msg_666574

The lowest of the Lowe points per Oilfans members.

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687761 is a reply to message #687760 ]
Tue, 28 February 2017 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Tue, 28 February 2017 13:10

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 28 February 2017 13:06

I thought maybe this was the thread you were going to link:
http://oilfans.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=666574& ;amp ;rid=3139&SQ=bb77718d21041cb36652d0013861adfe#msg_666574

The lowest of the Lowe points per Oilfans members.

Hahahaha...so bleak. How are there still Oilers' fans? It's ridiculous that any of us cheer for this team still.

Went for lunch with a buddy today who said his son (who's probably about 6) asked him non-ironically what playoffs are recently when he was talking about how the Oilers will probably be in them...

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687762 is a reply to message #687753 ]
Tue, 28 February 2017 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

3 Cups

I didn't hate that. It's never going to go down as an all-time Oilers great, but they game up very little for a depth player. Also, he was coming in to replace Belanger. If anything we should be upset with the terrible shape that entire bottom six was (I'd argue with Caggiula, Slepyshev, Khaira, Hendricks, and Pakarinen, our current bottom six isn't wicked awesome either).

I think for me, rock bottom for me might have been the Petry trade because from top to bottom, that was an asset that was completely and utterly botched by incompetence.

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687763 is a reply to message #687762 ]
Tue, 28 February 2017 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Tue, 28 February 2017 13:33

I didn't hate that. It's never going to go down as an all-time Oilers great, but they game up very little for a depth player. Also, he was coming in to replace Belanger. If anything we should be upset with the terrible shape that entire bottom six was (I'd argue with Caggiula, Slepyshev, Khaira, Hendricks, and Pakarinen, our current bottom six isn't wicked awesome either).

I think for me, rock bottom for me might have been the Petry trade because from top to bottom, that was an asset that was completely and utterly botched by incompetence.

I think it represented everything I hated about Tambellini. He was so focused on single attributes. We don't have a great face-off guy? I'll get a guy who's at 55%! Never even bothered to pay attention to other stats. He was all about the specialists. Guy had 5 points that season when we traded for him. He was -4. He wasn't much of a skater. He managed just 8 shots in those 10 games, and of those three of them were in the season-ending blowout of Vancouver.

The Oilers were definitely right to turf Tambellini. He didn't do anything to help his team when they needed it there. But unfortunately, that was just the prelude to more grievous mistakes...most of them worse than anything Tambo ever did.

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687764 is a reply to message #686123 ]
Tue, 28 February 2017 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Tweeted David Pagnotta to find out where their "potential suitor" list comes from. His answer: a combination of their sources, and sources from other media outlets. With that in mind, here are the guys the Oilers are listed as "potential suitors" for on their Top Available Players list:

Thomas Vanek
Johnny Oduya
Michael Neuvirth
Michael Del Zotto
Ryan Miller
Jarome Iginla
Kyle Quincey

They were also listed on Brendan Smith, Martin Hanzal, Patrick Eaves, Brian Boyle, and Michael Stone.

Not listed at all on the TFP list: Ales Hemsky, Anders Nilsson, Keith Kinkaid, Jaroslav Halak, Justin Faulk, Tyson Barrie.

Teams listed on Eberle (#11 on list): Boston, Carolina, NYI, Montreal.

Players in Oilers speculation not listed as potential suitors:

Radim Vrbata
Patrick Sharp
Drew Stafford
PA Parenteau
Cody Franson
Curtis Lazar
Travis Hamonic
Sami Vatanen

Anyways, good for discussion, take it with a grain of salt. Not sure I get the list of LD in the potential suitors list... that's a red flag for me.

www.thefourthperiod.com/trade_deadline/top25/index.html

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687765 is a reply to message #686123 ]
Tue, 28 February 2017 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Treenas Oil chatter:

- More interest in Vrbata than Sharp; Davidson part of ask (unclear if he is the ask from Dallas or Arizona).

- As mentioned, Oilers and Isles were close on Eberle, return bring Strome and Halak. Early tweet said there was interest from the Islanders about Davidson and Khaira also.

- Oilers willing to move Reinhart

- Oilers had talked to Wings about Vanek.

- Oilers talked to Panthers about Reto Berra

- Oilers have interest in Curtis Lazar.

All these years later, still not sure what to make of this account other than that it creates good discussion. So paired with the also ambiguous TFP, have fun!

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687766 is a reply to message #687765 ]
Tue, 28 February 2017 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Tue, 28 February 2017 13:58

- Oilers willing to move Reinhart

lol. I'm willing to move the pair of pants I'm wearing that don't quite fit properly and make me look 5 pounds heavier than I am. Serious inquiries only.
Quote:

- Oilers have interest in Curtis Lazar.

Because there's a quota that isn't being met and it's the end of the month?

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687773 is a reply to message #687766 ]
Tue, 28 February 2017 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gator21  is currently offline Gator21

No Cups

Well looks like it's time to temper expectations with Bob Satuffer tweeting:

"My sense is little changed from Chirarelli avail.
Oilers in "growth" mode.
Maybe a subtle addition at best."

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687800 is a reply to message #687773 ]
Tue, 28 February 2017 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

6 Cups

Gator21 wrote on Tue, 28 February 2017 14:39

Well looks like it's time to temper expectations with Bob Satuffer tweeting:

"My sense is little changed from Chirarelli avail.
Oilers in "growth" mode.
Maybe a subtle addition at best."

There was your very subtle addition, Deharnais, a UFA. What matters more to me though is the subtraction of a solid young NHL defensman when you are heading for the playoffs.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687775 is a reply to message #686123 ]
Tue, 28 February 2017 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

According to Friedman, Sharp has a lingering injury that might prevent him from being moved.

Dallas had been upfront with teams inquiring.

Wondering if a conditional midround pick gets that done. If he plays 'X' number of games, Dallas gets a fifth round pick; if he doesn't, they don't. Something like that.

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687798 is a reply to message #686123 ]
Tue, 28 February 2017 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

Was reading that Patrick Sharp has a nagging injury that 'may' be hindering a trade as Nill has been upfront about the injury with anyone calling re: Sharp. If Pouliot is going to sit in the stands (yeah yeah, he's on the IR), why not present a Pouliot for Sharp swap?

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: trade deadline 2017 [message #687846 is a reply to message #686123 ]
Tue, 28 February 2017 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Lebrun and Bobby Mac saying Jannik Hansen to the Sharks...

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Oilers Shopping List According to Matheson
Next Topic:Eberle
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca