Speculation » Treenas oil is back!!!!!!Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672382]
Tue, 14 June 2016 10:58 Go to next message
sinfulchimp306  is currently offline sinfulchimp306

No Cups

Browsing Twitter this morning and she has dropped some gems:

Habs want Nurse in any pkg involving Suban Oilers reluctant to deal Nurse

#Habs serious about moving #Subban have talks with the Oilers no deal yet talks are continuing.

Islanders and Oilers still talking Oilers still interested in Hamonic

Oilers have inquired about Pietrangelo and talks have continued

There's more but those are the best.

Formerly gagnerisgod.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672383 is a reply to message #672382 ]
Tue, 14 June 2016 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

gagnerisgod wrote on Tue, 14 June 2016 10:58

#Habs serious about moving #Subban have talks with the Oilers no deal yet talks are continuing.

Why do we need Nurse when our top three is going to be Subban-Pietrangelo-Hamonic? #wewantthecup

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #ChiaOnNotice

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672384 is a reply to message #672383 ]
Tue, 14 June 2016 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

1 Cup

I can see zero reason why the Blues would move Pietrangelo, but if there's any way at all to get him that doesn't involve #97 then do it!

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672385 is a reply to message #672383 ]
Tue, 14 June 2016 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 14 June 2016 11:04

gagnerisgod wrote on Tue, 14 June 2016 10:58

Why do we need Nurse when our top three is going to be Subban-Pietrangelo-Hamonic? #wewantthecup

How does a rouge tweet from Treena inspire more confidence in me than anything the Oilers have done in the past 6 years?

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672386 is a reply to message #672382 ]
Tue, 14 June 2016 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Are we running out of underlings to claim are Treenasoil? Is it starting to look like it has been Kevin Lowe all along? or maybe Joey?

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672387 is a reply to message #672386 ]
Tue, 14 June 2016 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sinfulchimp306  is currently offline sinfulchimp306

No Cups

Nah man Joey is cool, it's Katz kid apg stands for as per giantfro.

Formerly gagnerisgod.

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672388 is a reply to message #672387 ]
Tue, 14 June 2016 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Padre  is currently offline Padre

No Cups

gagnerisgod wrote on Tue, 14 June 2016 11:41

Nah man Joey is cool, it's Katz kid apg stands for as per giantfro.

Ya he finally got the wifi password back after taking 2 years to clean his room

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672390 is a reply to message #672388 ]
Tue, 14 June 2016 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan is currently online RDOilerfan

1 Cup

I really doubt that Pietrangelo is available but if he is, I'd go hard after him. I guess they traded Pronger for money reasons, maybe with a bunch of guys looking for new deals and the Blues being more of a budget team, maybe they need to off load someone. Plus with Parayko coming. I don't see it happening but a guy can dream.

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672393 is a reply to message #672390 ]
Tue, 14 June 2016 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 14 June 2016 11:03

I really doubt that Pietrangelo is available but if he is, I'd go hard after him. I guess they traded Pronger for money reasons, maybe with a bunch of guys looking for new deals and the Blues being more of a budget team, maybe they need to off load someone. Plus with Parayko coming. I don't see it happening but a guy can dream.

Pietrangelo is literally the last player the Blues should trade. I can't fathom them doing so without a ridiculous return. Like Hall+, which I might actually do (one of a handful of people I'd actually trade Hall for).

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672394 is a reply to message #672393 ]
Tue, 14 June 2016 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan is currently online RDOilerfan

1 Cup

People seem to think that the Oilers will be going after a big fish on the D side. I think that way as well. I wonder though if the Oilers go another route and try to less guys that are on the rise. Not saying it would happen but guys like say Parayko. He's a young, up and coming guy, probably wouldn't cost you as much. It would be a big time risk but there is a potential homerun.

Are there other guys out there that fall into the Parayko area of young guys who look really good but aren't proven yet? Probably. If you were to trade for a young guy that is a risk but has the potential to be a homerun, would you have to protect them? I don't think so. It will be an interesting offseason.

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672399 is a reply to message #672394 ]
Tue, 14 June 2016 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 14 June 2016 12:18

People seem to think that the Oilers will be going after a big fish on the D side. I think that way as well. I wonder though if the Oilers go another route and try to less guys that are on the rise. Not saying it would happen but guys like say Parayko. He's a young, up and coming guy, probably wouldn't cost you as much. It would be a big time risk but there is a potential homerun.

Are there other guys out there that fall into the Parayko area of young guys who look really good but aren't proven yet? Probably. If you were to trade for a young guy that is a risk but has the potential to be a homerun, would you have to protect them? I don't think so. It will be an interesting offseason.

Just trying to imagine what Chia is thinking and if he wants to go back to the philosophy that allowed him to have a constant flow of productive D in Boston.

If you score that elite #1D that can mentor all the D you have and bring into the system from then on you are in really good shape. I'm sure Boston turned a number of D over the years into good NHLers that would have turned into nothing if they started their careers in the Oilers org over the last few years.

I am a believer in how good elite veterans can help accelerate development of younger players, so I wouldn't mind seeing him make a trade for a top end D, as long as McDavid, Hall or Drai are not going the other way.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672429 is a reply to message #672399 ]
Tue, 14 June 2016 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gator21  is currently offline Gator21

No Cups

Here are the rest...

"Nothing serious on Yakapov but don't discount him yet from coming back in Sept."

"#Habs serious about moving #Subban have talks with the Oilers no deal yet talks are continuing."

"Oilers looking for a 1st rd pick or prospect ready for NHL for Yakapov"

"Halls name has come up in talks Rangers heavily interested. Oilers not keen on moving Hall."

"Oilers and Ducks have had talks Ducks want Oilers to retain part of Pouliot salary. Mild interest in rights to Gazdic APG"

"Arizona has also shown interest in the forth pick as do the Rangers"

"Chirelli willing to move Nurse in the right deal"

"Senators heavily interested in the forth pick have had several talks with Oilers APG"

"Oilers looking to add another goalie before the draft."

"Oilers Avalanche have had talks could go blockbuster APG"

"Oilers really like Tkachuk would have to be a really good D man to move it."

"Oilers willing to move Klefbom"

"Oilers Habs revisiting talks for Yak Oilers interested in Mccarron APG"

Don't see the Rangers having anything of value to offer for Hall.

Also I'm torn on acquiring Subban. On one hand he would be pretty much exactly what we need on the back end, on the other hand it would be extremely hard to take on THE highest paid dman in the entire NHL without the Oilers finding themselves in cap hell within a couple of years, especially if the cap remains stagnant.

However due to his cap hit ($9mil/yr), I think that diminishes his worth a bit and the ask for him may not be as high as some may think. Maybe even the possibility of Nurse + Yakupov + #4 for #9 swap in this years draft with some picks/prospects thrown in on either side might get it done.

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672438 is a reply to message #672429 ]
Wed, 15 June 2016 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

2 Cups

Gator21 wrote on Tue, 14 June 2016 18:01

However due to his cap hit ($9mil/yr), I think that diminishes his worth a bit and the ask for him may not be as high as some may think. Maybe even the possibility of Nurse + Yakupov + #4 for #9 swap in this years draft with some picks/prospects thrown in on either side might get it done.

Yes and no. RNH's cap hit isn't exactly a bargain at 6M, and you've got to believe that Nurse is getting $4Mish when he signs his next deal (~850k currently). So the Oilers would be ultimately saving ~1M of cap. The crusty part becomes replacing RNH with a value 3C, because those guys seem to cost in the neighborhood of 4M.

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672442 is a reply to message #672438 ]
Wed, 15 June 2016 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skoobz wrote on Wed, 15 June 2016 09:11

Yes and no. RNH's cap hit isn't exactly a bargain at 6M, and you've got to believe that Nurse is getting $4Mish when he signs his next deal (~850k currently). So the Oilers would be ultimately saving ~1M of cap. The crusty part becomes replacing RNH with a value 3C, because those guys seem to cost in the neighborhood of 4M.

You're forgetting, it's not Generous Craig handing out the cheques any more. If it were, his negotiations with Nurse would involve branding him one of the untouchable core in the media just before going to meet with his agent and talking up his incredible potential. Then basically handing the agent his cheque book.

Hopefully (although Craig & Co. are all still involved) Chiarelli's a better bargainer. Nurse looks like a guy that you bridge unless he takes a giant leap forward in the next two years. His offence was spotty at best last year and he's got a lot of things to work on defensively as well. There's lots there, great tools, but is he going to be a bonafide top four or top two defenceman coming out of his rookie deal? At this point, I'm skeptical. Eventually, but I don't think that's this year and there's a good chance it's still not next year. He's a young defenceman - they take time to develop.

Besides, you can only have so many $4MM price point defencemen, right?

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672447 is a reply to message #672442 ]
Wed, 15 June 2016 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 15 June 2016 09:24

Skoobz wrote on Wed, 15 June 2016 09:11

You're forgetting, it's not Generous Craig handing out the cheques any more. If it were, his negotiations with Nurse would involve branding him one of the untouchable core in the media just before going to meet with his agent and talking up his incredible potential. Then basically handing the agent his cheque book.

Hopefully (although Craig & Co. are all still involved) Chiarelli's a better bargainer. Nurse looks like a guy that you bridge unless he takes a giant leap forward in the next two years. His offence was spotty at best last year and he's got a lot of things to work on defensively as well. There's lots there, great tools, but is he going to be a bonafide top four or top two defenceman coming out of his rookie deal? At this point, I'm skeptical. Eventually, but I don't think that's this year and there's a good chance it's still not next year. He's a young defenceman - they take time to develop.

Besides, you can only have so many $4MM price point defencemen, right?

Didn't the Pens just prove MacT right? :) One super expensive D and a bunch of middling guys (ignoring Schultz's cap hit of course) is plenty to win a cup. That is, as long as you have 2 generational C's that can make a line dangerous no matter who they play with and a 3rd bargain C making 4th line money to play like a 2nd line C with an elite winger that is.

I don't see how Nurse could earn a 4M contract at this point. I like him a lot, but he still has a heck of a lot to prove. Definitely a bridge deal situation unless he take a huge step next year. And not a MacT bridge where you just give the player whatever he wants, I mean a real GM bridge deal, like 1.5, 2.5 or something like that.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672398 is a reply to message #672393 ]
Tue, 14 June 2016 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

4 Cups

nullterm wrote on Tue, 14 June 2016 15:12

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 14 June 2016 11:03

Pietrangelo is literally the last player the Blues should trade. I can't fathom them doing so without a ridiculous return. Like Hall+, which I might actually do (one of a handful of people I'd actually trade Hall for).

Other than McDavid, I would trade any one on our roster for AP. He would be close to the very top of the list of players to most perfectly complement this team (Age, RH shot)

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672426 is a reply to message #672382 ]
Tue, 14 June 2016 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

5 Cups

gagnerisgod wrote on Tue, 14 June 2016 09:58

Just curious, what were the rest of the rumours du jour?

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $3.1 M

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672427 is a reply to message #672426 ]
Tue, 14 June 2016 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

4 Cups

May 24 - Oilers Habs revisiting talks for Yak Oilers interested in Mccarron APG

May 24 - Oilers willing to move Klefbom

May 24 - Oilers really like Tkachuk would have to be a really good D man to move it.

May 25 - Oilers Avalanche have had talks could go blockbuster APG

May 25 - Oilers looking to add another goalie before the draft.

May 29 - Senators heavily interested in the forth pick have had several talks with Oilers APG

May 29 - Chirelli willing to move Nurse in the right deal.

May 29 - Arizona has also shown interest in the forth pick as do the Rangers

June 6 - Oilers and Ducks have had talks Ducks want Oilers to retain part of Pouliot salary. Mild interest in rights to Gazdic APG

June 6 - Halls name has come up in talks Rangers heavily interested. Oilers not keen on moving Hall.

June 6 - Oilers looking for a 1st rd pick or prospect ready for NHL for Yakapov

June 6 - Montreal showing the most interest in RNH

June 13 - #Habs serious about moving #Subban have talks with the Oilers no deal yet talks are continuing.

June 13 - Nothing serious on Yakapov but don't discount him yet from coming back in Sept.

June 14 - Habs want Nurse in any pkg involving Suban Oilers reluctant to deal Nurse

June 14 - Islanders and Oilers still talking Oilers still interested in Hamonic

June 14 - Oilers have inquired about Pietrangelo and talks have continued

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672446 is a reply to message #672427 ]
Wed, 15 June 2016 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benv  is currently offline benv

No Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Tue, 14 June 2016 17:53

May 24 - Oilers Habs revisiting talks for Yak Oilers interested in Mccarron APG

May 24 - Oilers willing to move Klefbom

May 24 - Oilers really like Tkachuk would have to be a really good D man to move it.

May 25 - Oilers Avalanche have had talks could go blockbuster APG

May 25 - Oilers looking to add another goalie before the draft.

May 29 - Senators heavily interested in the forth pick have had several talks with Oilers APG

May 29 - Chirelli willing to move Nurse in the right deal.

May 29 - Arizona has also shown interest in the forth pick as do the Rangers

June 6 - Oilers and Ducks have had talks Ducks want Oilers to retain part of Pouliot salary. Mild interest in rights to Gazdic APG

June 6 - Halls name has come up in talks Rangers heavily interested. Oilers not keen on moving Hall.

June 6 - Oilers looking for a 1st rd pick or prospect ready for NHL for Yakapov

June 6 - Montreal showing the most interest in RNH

June 13 - #Habs serious about moving #Subban have talks with the Oilers no deal yet talks are continuing.

June 13 - Nothing serious on Yakapov but don't discount him yet from coming back in Sept.

June 14 - Habs want Nurse in any pkg involving Suban Oilers reluctant to deal Nurse

June 14 - Islanders and Oilers still talking Oilers still interested in Hamonic

June 14 - Oilers have inquired about Pietrangelo and talks have continued

I find it hard to take a lot of this seriously when this supposed insider is unable to spell Yakupov and Chiarelli.

Also:

May 29 - Chirelli (sic) willing to move Nurse in the right deal.

June 14 - Habs want Nurse in any pkg involving Suban (sic) Oilers reluctant to deal Nurse

So what changed in 2 weeks? Is "Suban" not "the right deal"?

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672428 is a reply to message #672382 ]
Tue, 14 June 2016 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

4 Cups

Always good for discussion. I remember someone on here mentioning that there was a credible source at one time several years ago, because it was the same things that this poster was hearing from his source. Don't remember which poster.

I'm not sure if there is still reliable information coming out, but at the same time, it's nothing ridiculous, and it kind of reflects other rumblings.

In some ways, I hope it's true. There's a lot of things I like in there, such as not wanting to move Hall; not moving Yakupov unless the price is right and bringing him back if it isn't; and actively pursuing top-pairing defenseman. Hopefully those are all true.

As for Subban, you would have to think that an RNH / Nurse package would be something that is in the realm of possibility - if they are moving him (which is still a bizarre move to make for Montreal, IMO).

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672462 is a reply to message #672428 ]
Wed, 15 June 2016 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DUFFMAN  is currently offline DUFFMAN

No Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Tue, 14 June 2016 17:58

As for Subban, you would have to think that an RNH / Nurse package would be something that is in the realm of possibility - if they are moving him (which is still a bizarre move to make for Montreal, IMO).

Trouble with Subban is off the ice - he's got a strong personal brand that he's aggressively building. That is a problem in MTL where they want the team brand shining brightest. Would suspect it would be the same in any Canadian city. If Subban gets dealt I think it'll be to some hockey wasteland like Columbus where they could use the attention he brings.

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672464 is a reply to message #672462 ]
Wed, 15 June 2016 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

DUFFMAN wrote on Wed, 15 June 2016 11:20

mightyreasoner wrote on Tue, 14 June 2016 17:58

Trouble with Subban is off the ice - he's got a strong personal brand that he's aggressively building. That is a problem in MTL where they want the team brand shining brightest. Would suspect it would be the same in any Canadian city. If Subban gets dealt I think it'll be to some hockey wasteland like Columbus where they could use the attention he brings.

Think of how much fun it would be to watch Subban, McDavid, and Hall each try to build their own personal brand AND be the brightest star in the second dimmest of cities with an NHL team (suck it, Winnipeg). So much fun.

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672470 is a reply to message #672428 ]
Wed, 15 June 2016 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilfanforever!!  is currently offline Oilfanforever!!

No Cups

This one concerns me a bit!

Tracy Lane ‏@TreenasOil 11h11 hours ago

With the coming trade of Taylor Hall some concern from some execs on what impact it will have on Draisaitl. Habs front runners.

For the record I don't see them trading Hall.

"McDavid is as good as I’ve seen in the last 30 years, the best player to come into the league in the last 30 years." Gretzky

"I think it goes without saying that there is a lot of pressure on me," McDavid

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672471 is a reply to message #672470 ]
Wed, 15 June 2016 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oilfanforever!! wrote on Wed, 15 June 2016 12:42

Tracy Lane @TreenasOil 11h11 hours ago

With the coming trade of Taylor Hall some concern from some execs on what impact it will have on Draisaitl. Habs front runners.

wow, BOLD comment that Hall is pretty much already traded. Wonder how much TreenasOil's credibility will be damaged if it doesn't happen.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672473 is a reply to message #672470 ]
Wed, 15 June 2016 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Oilfanforever!! wrote on Wed, 15 June 2016 11:42

Ya that must be a typo, more like "if" there were a trade.. trading Hall is monumental.

Instead of looking forward to changes in the roster this offseason, I'm starting to cringe now at the possibilities being floated around out there. Chiarelli's stock is up right now because he hasn't done anything exceptionally stupid yet, that can change in one transaction.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672474 is a reply to message #672473 ]
Wed, 15 June 2016 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilfanforever!!  is currently offline Oilfanforever!!

No Cups

I'm hoping it's just poor wording as well...Trading Hall would ALL depend on what's coming back...in the end I think you set this franchise back years if you trade Hall...maybe this culture of entitlement is much more of a factor than we know....methinks Hall and Ebs would be a big part of that no? Wouldn't miss that being gone...we'll see faint

[Updated on: Wed, 15 June 2016 12:59]

"McDavid is as good as I’ve seen in the last 30 years, the best player to come into the league in the last 30 years." Gretzky

"I think it goes without saying that there is a lot of pressure on me," McDavid

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672479 is a reply to message #672473 ]
Wed, 15 June 2016 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 15 June 2016 12:51

Oilfanforever!! wrote on Wed, 15 June 2016 11:42

Ya that must be a typo, more like "if" there were a trade.. trading Hall is monumental.

Instead of looking forward to changes in the roster this offseason, I'm starting to cringe now at the possibilities being floated around out there. Chiarelli's stock is up right now because he hasn't done anything exceptionally stupid yet, that can change in one transaction.

If you go by the adage of the team that gets the best player "winning the trade", it'd be almost impossible for the Oilers to "win" a Taylor Hall trade. The Oilers would need to be getting back an OEL/Hedman-type player to make it a win.

Hamonic and Strome for Hall is a really clear "loss" - even though I consider Hamonic an awesome 2D, and Strome a really solid prospect.

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672482 is a reply to message #672479 ]
Wed, 15 June 2016 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sloiler  is currently offline sloiler

No Cups

Depending on what is coming back I am actually OK with trading Hall. I, like others, have to think that there is something to the rumor that Hall is part of the entitled group. They have been anointed by the OBC as the "core" and really when you are young, good at your job, and you are being put on a very high pedestal then chances are you are going to be pretty arrogant also. I think that Hall wants to be the center of attention, maybe with McDavid here he is not in the spotlight and he isn't the best player in the room. Maybe this would be the shake up that this team needs. With that being said, if he is a bit of poison in the room do you want to infect the other guys with that? Does he maybe want to be traded? He doesn't work well with 97 we saw that a couple of times this season, that has to be a black mark on your ego.

If it makes the logo on the front better I don't care about the name on the back.

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672489 is a reply to message #672482 ]
Wed, 15 June 2016 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

sloiler wrote on Wed, 15 June 2016 14:47

Depending on what is coming back I am actually OK with trading Hall. I, like others, have to think that there is something to the rumor that Hall is part of the entitled group. They have been anointed by the OBC as the "core" and really when you are young, good at your job, and you are being put on a very high pedestal then chances are you are going to be pretty arrogant also. I think that Hall wants to be the center of attention, maybe with McDavid here he is not in the spotlight and he isn't the best player in the room. Maybe this would be the shake up that this team needs. With that being said, if he is a bit of poison in the room do you want to infect the other guys with that? Does he maybe want to be traded? He doesn't work well with 97 we saw that a couple of times this season, that has to be a black mark on your ego.

If it makes the logo on the front better I don't care about the name on the back.

If Hall goes to the Habs it better be nothing less than PK coming back. Wonder if that's part of the speculated offer on Subban that had Montreal wanting Nurse as part of the deal too.
I'd have to think that the Habs would need to be adding something significant if they were asking for both Hall & Nurse for PK though.

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672493 is a reply to message #672489 ]
Wed, 15 June 2016 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Latest Twitter buzz I've read is that the Oilers are inquiring on Rick Nash.

I don't like his 7.8M cap hit, but how good would he look on 97's wing?!

If it's cap relief the Rags need, would Yak + a nobody + a 2nd get it done?

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672502 is a reply to message #672493 ]
Wed, 15 June 2016 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mazankowski  is currently offline mazankowski

No Cups

If Hall is in talks to the Rags, would McDonagh be enough? Good for 30-40 points, is a leader, except he's a lefty boom

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672506 is a reply to message #672502 ]
Wed, 15 June 2016 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

mazankowski wrote on Wed, 15 June 2016 20:30

If Hall is in talks to the Rags, would McDonagh be enough? Good for 30-40 points, is a leader, except he's a lefty boom

In short - No. There's nothing that the Rangers have that I would take for Hall. I don't think they could make any package that would be attractive enough to make that move.

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672525 is a reply to message #672506 ]
Thu, 16 June 2016 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 15 June 2016 21:56

In short - No. There's nothing that the Rangers have that I would take for Hall. I don't think they could make any package that would be attractive enough to make that move.

The Rangers are one of very few teams who literally have zero players I'd be interested in.

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672531 is a reply to message #672525 ]
Thu, 16 June 2016 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Skoobz wrote on Thu, 16 June 2016 09:11

The Rangers are one of very few teams who literally have zero players I'd be interested in.

I'm interested in McDonagh, and he is supposedly on the block (as is their entire roster, apparently) but it would depend on the price.

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672580 is a reply to message #672525 ]
Thu, 16 June 2016 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Skoobz wrote on Thu, 16 June 2016 08:11

Totally agree. They built that roster to win a Cup and they are stuck with lead weights.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #673699 is a reply to message #672580 ]
Wed, 29 June 2016 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

6 Cups

Tracy Lane ‏@TreenasOil Jun 28
Massive change coming for the Oilers could see 3 veterans moved out with a Stud D to the Oilers

We have veterans???

Demers asking for big money and term don't see a future with Oilers

Oilers have talked to 2 free agent goalies interest in one

Oilers talked to Kings about Doughty

Lucic likes what he's seen with the Oilers very interested would like to play with McDavid

Oilers also talked to Sharks about Burns

Oilers still in talks with Habs

Oilers looking to move Pouliot looks like he will be heading to the east likely with another player and a D headed back this way

Oilers end talks with Blues for Pietrangelo

Oilers still in talks with Habs and Islanders

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #673700 is a reply to message #673699 ]
Wed, 29 June 2016 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

nullterm wrote on Wed, 29 June 2016 00:55

Tracy Lane @TreenasOil Jun 28
Massive change coming for the Oilers could see 3 veterans moved out with a Stud D to the Oilers

We have veterans???

Demers asking for big money and term don't see a future with Oilers

Oilers have talked to 2 free agent goalies interest in one

Oilers talked to Kings about Doughty (Oh yeah baby, we can dream, we can dream!! .... then we all wake up and have our Cheerios..)

Lucic likes what he's seen with the Oilers very interested would like to play with McDavid

Oilers also talked to Sharks about Burns (At least they called! .. before Wilson hung up... Good to see they're trying, I get giddy just thinking about it!)

Oilers still in talks with Habs

Oilers looking to move Pouliot looks like he will be heading to the east likely with another player and a D headed back this way (Hamonic! I'm reading that as Pouliot + a player heading east)

Oilers end talks with Blues for Pietrangelo(see Doughty comment)

Oilers still in talks with Habs and Islanders (YadaYada..)

Chiarelli has some the best pieces any GM in NHL history has had to put a championship team together, it'll be interesting to see if he manages to rise to the challenge, and make the right choices, and avoid the wrong ones. It's all here, he just has to manage the pieces.

[Updated on: Wed, 29 June 2016 03:01]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #673702 is a reply to message #673700 ]
Wed, 29 June 2016 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 29 June 2016 02:52

Chiarelli has some the best pieces any GM in NHL history has had to put a championship team together, it'll be interesting to see if he manages to rise to the challenge, and make the right choices, and avoid the wrong ones. It's all here, he just has to manage the pieces.

It's really an easy job. Just ask Kevin, Craig and Scott what they'd do and then do something completely different from any of their answers.

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #674415 is a reply to message #672470 ]
Sat, 02 July 2016 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
George  is currently offline George

No Cups

Oilfanforever!! wrote on Wed, 15 June 2016 12:42

Tracy Lane ‏@TreenasOil 11h11 hours ago

Stop the bus, everyone!! Treenas got a prediction right! This may be the first sign of the apocalypse.

Re: Treenas oil is back!!!!!! [message #672465 is a reply to message #672382 ]
Wed, 15 June 2016 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

5 Cups

If you're going to take on the salary for the most expensive defenseman in the NHL IMO you should get the best defenseman in the NHL. $9M is a huge cap weight, never mind giving up the assets you'd lose. PK is good, but not that good.

Moving Nurse will be a mistake, a young, cheap, defenseman that you have a long time before UFA is gold in this league.
Nurse totally dominated in junior, that player is still there, he's only had one year in the NHL, on a weak team, IMO Chiarelli should sit tight, Nurse will be a gem.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Advanced stats, causality, and why numbers matter
Next Topic:Gryba and Pitlick
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2017.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca