This day on April 27
None

Happy Birthday To: chickenman23, handsmatter94, TashOiler88

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » 2022-23 OOT ThreadPages (17): [ «  <  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820750 is a reply to message #820747 ]
Mon, 10 April 2023 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 10 April 2023 14:04

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 10 April 2023 13:15

I thought the league was watching to make sure teams didn't do exactly this. Putting guys on LTIR to create cap space then miraculously that player is completely healthy and ready to go game 1.

I think the NHL has studiously avoided promising to do anything about this.

The fact is, they like it because it creates more opportunity for trades at the deadline. This is just a fact of life now.

Watch the Oilers get hit with losing a 3rd round pick if McLeod is back for game 1

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Send a private message to this user  

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820751 is a reply to message #820747 ]
Mon, 10 April 2023 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I never thought they would actually do anything about it. They don't ever do. It's just funny to me they make their statement just before the deadline then the exact situation comes up and they do nothing.

I guess if the Oilers have a big name player "hurt" allowing the team to load up on other player, then that player was ready for game 1, I'd think the rule was great.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820752 is a reply to message #820751 ]
Mon, 10 April 2023 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 10 April 2023 14:44

I never thought they would actually do anything about it. They don't ever do. It's just funny to me they make their statement just before the deadline then the exact situation comes up and they do nothing.

I guess if the Oilers have a big name player "hurt" allowing the team to load up on other player, then that player was ready for game 1, I'd think the rule was great.

That isn't quite what they warned about. The league suggested that you can't pick up an injured player and stow them immediately on LTIR until the playoffs. They didn't say anything at all about stuffing your own guys in to LTIR, and then acquiring additional players. It's a weird hair to be splitting, but it's almost a perfect Bettman warning - it impresses the fans who think the league is watching hawk-eyed for cap circumvention here, while telling the teams that unless you do this really specific thing that doesn't happen often, you're good to do whatever you want.

Quote:

Chris Johnston
@reporterchris
Feb 28

The NHL released a memo to teams this morning saying that it will "closely scrutinize" trades where injured players are acquired with the intent of keeping them on LTIR until the playoffs.

This could impact the market for players like Nyquist, Monahan, Henrique, etc.

While the NHL isn't outright banning any such moves, it says it will investigate transacations to see if they consistute circumvention of the CBA.

What has some teams upset is these trades have been permitted in the past. For example, the #leafs acquired Riley Nash while he was recovering from a sprained knee in April 2021 and didn't activate him until the playoffs.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820753 is a reply to message #820752 ]
Mon, 10 April 2023 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 10 April 2023 14:53

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 10 April 2023 14:44

That isn't quite what they warned about. The league suggested that you can't pick up an injured player and stow them immediately on LTIR until the playoffs. They didn't say anything at all about stuffing your own guys in to LTIR, and then acquiring additional players. It's a weird hair to be splitting, but it's almost a perfect Bettman warning - it impresses the fans who think the league is watching hawk-eyed for cap circumvention here, while telling the teams that unless you do this really specific thing that doesn't happen often, you're good to do whatever you want.

Quote:

Chris Johnston
@reporterchris
Feb 28

The NHL released a memo to teams this morning saying that it will "closely scrutinize" trades where injured players are acquired with the intent of keeping them on LTIR until the playoffs.

This could impact the market for players like Nyquist, Monahan, Henrique, etc.

While the NHL isn't outright banning any such moves, it says it will investigate transacations to see if they consistute circumvention of the CBA.

What has some teams upset is these trades have been permitted in the past. For example, the #leafs acquired Riley Nash while he was recovering from a sprained knee in April 2021 and didn't activate him until the playoffs.

Thanks for sending me the exact wording. I knew it was about having players on LTIR in the season but then being ready for game 1, but I forgot about the part where they made it be about trading for guys.

But you are exactly right, it's another Bettmanism. By the spirit of what they said, in my opinion there really isn't a difference. Whether it's a guy who was on your team already or you trade for an LTIR guy, you are still basically stashing a guy for the regular season, using his cap space to bring in other players, then when the cap doesn't count anymore, you bring them all back and have a team way over the cap with no penalty. No one is going to convince me that it's pure coincidence that Stone was 100% ready to be a full participant with just over 1 week to go before playoffs.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820744 is a reply to message #820740 ]
Mon, 10 April 2023 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 10 April 2023 12:20

x - Vegas Golden Knights @GoldenKnights
Mark Stone is participating with the team during today’s practice in a non-contact jersey #VegasBorn

Oh look, Stone is back just in time for the playoffs. Perfect timing because Vegas use all his LTIR space in the regular season.

Taylor Hall said himself he was ready to play 2 weeks ago, but they spent his cap hit on Bertuzzi. Teams don't even care about the optics anymore.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820746 is a reply to message #820744 ]
Mon, 10 April 2023 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Mon, 10 April 2023 13:40

Mark Stone is participating with the team during today’s practice in a non-contact jersey #VegasBorn

Oh look, Stone is back just in time for the playoffs. Perfect timing because Vegas use all his LTIR space in the regular season.

Taylor Hall said himself he was ready to play 2 weeks ago, but they spent his cap hit on Bertuzzi. Teams don't even care about the optics anymore.

The party keeps going until the Oilers try it. Then it'll be ruined for everyone.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820748 is a reply to message #820744 ]
Mon, 10 April 2023 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Mon, 10 April 2023 13:40

Hall came back this weekend. The Bruins shifted a couple other guys to the IR instead of him.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820756 is a reply to message #820740 ]
Mon, 10 April 2023 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

God, I hate the VGK so #%@!ing much. I want to see them get swept in the first round by whoever they play, then hit cap hell when all of the trades and signings they made come back to bite them in their big fat asses.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820757 is a reply to message #820756 ]
Mon, 10 April 2023 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Congrats to EK65 on hitting 100 pts. Thankfully, it was in a losing cause against the Jets, who pull 3 pts ahead of Cowtown.

Go Preds!

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820758 is a reply to message #820757 ]
Mon, 10 April 2023 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Mon, 10 April 2023 19:31

Congrats to EK65 on hitting 100 pts. Thankfully, it was in a losing cause against the Jets, who pull 3 pts ahead of Cowtown.

Go Preds!

Tonights Flames-Preds game is an old school loser leaves town match, but neither has much chance of catching the Jets anyway.

Going to be scooting over to CalgaryPuck to bask in Flames fans misery.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820759 is a reply to message #812389 ]
Mon, 10 April 2023 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Calgary barely keeping hope alive. Barrie went full oilers with a ring around the boards to help the Lames get this game back to 2-2.

Seattle about to jump into 3rd in the division while LA plays and needs a point to take it back.

All this time thinking LA was for sure, we could end up with Seattle. That would be a very fun series.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 April 2023 21:49]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820760 is a reply to message #820759 ]
Mon, 10 April 2023 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 10 April 2023 21:46

Calgary barely keeping hope alive. Barrie went full oilers with a ring around the boards to help the Lames get this game back to 2-2.

Seattle about to jump into 3rd in the division while LA plays and needs a point to take it back.

All this time thinking LA was for sure, we could end up with Seattle. That would be a very fun series.

Sweet, we've all seen Eberle choke in the playoffs. Nice if it would be for the other guys this time.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820761 is a reply to message #820760 ]
Mon, 10 April 2023 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

And there go the Flames with the SO loss to the Preds. Time to watch the meltdown on their forums- good old schadenfreude....

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820762 is a reply to message #820761 ]
Mon, 10 April 2023 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Mon, 10 April 2023 22:16

And there go the Flames with the SO loss to the Preds. Time to watch the meltdown on their forums- good old schadenfreude....

Nice to see the Flames back in their usual spot. Not good enough to win anything, but not bad enough to ever draft a surefire elite player.

I enjoyed Hrudey trying to help Lames fans blame the refs for the final fail of the season.

#SutterforGM
#ExtendLooch

[Updated on: Mon, 10 April 2023 22:33]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820763 is a reply to message #820762 ]
Mon, 10 April 2023 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 10 April 2023 22:19

Nice to see the Flames back in their usual spot. Not good enough to win anything, but not bad enough to ever draft a surefire elite player.

I enjoyed Hrudey trying to help Lames fans blame the refs for the final fail of the season.

#SutterforGM
#ExtendLooch

Hire Eakins!

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820764 is a reply to message #820763 ]
Mon, 10 April 2023 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 10 April 2023 22:41

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 10 April 2023 22:19

#SutterforGM
#ExtendLooch

Hire Eakins!

Sutter's extension doesn’t take effect until this summer I’m pretty sure I heard. Tre fired, Sutter to GM and Boudreau brought in to coach.

CP is hard on the fire Tre train

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820766 is a reply to message #820764 ]
Tue, 11 April 2023 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Anyone else find it poetic that the very thing that kept them in the playoff hunt for so long (OT losses) is the very same thing that eventually eliminates them?

Good riddance. Not gonna lie, I did a fist pump when that 3rd Preds shooter scored to tie the shootout, then another one when they won it.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820767 is a reply to message #820766 ]
Tue, 11 April 2023 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Continually drafting 11-15th overall will keep an organization mired in mediocrity, unless you hit on an Ales Hemsky more than you hit on Alex Mikhnov.

Enjoy it Flames.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820768 is a reply to message #820767 ]
Tue, 11 April 2023 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I will give Sutter credit, he's his own man, does things his way and no one will change that. Your season is on the line. You have to score. You have to win. A team missing their 3 best forwards, their best dmen, they sold at the deadline and a team loaded with young guys, takes you too a shootout in a must win. You have Toffoli, Lindholm, Mangipane, Dube on your bench, especially Toffoli who is your leading goal scorer and point scorer ready to go and you tap Ritchie, a 4th liner on the shoulder.

WOW!

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820769 is a reply to message #820768 ]
Tue, 11 April 2023 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 11 April 2023 11:34

I will give Sutter credit, he's his own man, does things his way and no one will change that. Your season is on the line. You have to score. You have to win. A team missing their 3 best forwards, their best dmen, they sold at the deadline and a team loaded with young guys, takes you too a shootout in a must win. You have Toffoli, Lindholm, Mangipane, Dube on your bench, especially Toffoli who is your leading goal scorer and point scorer ready to go and you tap Ritchie, a 4th liner on the shoulder.

WOW!

I think I read that Ritchie had scored on Saros in the shootout in a previous game, so I can understand trying him again. Flames fans are furious about that decision though rofl

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820773 is a reply to message #820769 ]
Tue, 11 April 2023 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Tue, 11 April 2023 09:15

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 11 April 2023 11:34

WOW!

I think I read that Ritchie had scored on Saros in the shootout in a previous game, so I can understand trying him again. Flames fans are furious about that decision though rofl

I tried to listen to part of Sutter's presser and he was asked about Ritchie. He always mumbles so I had a hard time understanding what nonsense he was saying but you are right. He mentioned something like that and some stat as to the reason why.

I was just blown away he would put Ritchie out there and leave his best guys on the bench. Regardless of how they are playing that game or whatever shootout percentage they have or whatever. They are your best players and in your top 6 for a reason, most sane coaches will go with their best guys. But at the same time, this is the same coach who I have seen late in other games when they are down a goal, he throws out his 4th line in the dying minutes just because they were having a decent game and he was mad at his top guys. As an Oilers fan, the best thing that could happen to that team with Sutter's brand new deal kicking in, is he is either the coach next season or they don't resign Tre and kick Sutter up to GM.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820779 is a reply to message #820773 ]
Tue, 11 April 2023 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Ha ha ha ha...#FireSutter is trending on twitter.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820784 is a reply to message #820779 ]
Tue, 11 April 2023 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

ok, everybody start pumping #promotesutter

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820770 is a reply to message #820760 ]
Tue, 11 April 2023 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Mon, 10 April 2023 21:51

Sweet, we've all seen Eberle choke in the playoffs. Nice if it would be for the other guys this time.

This is another of those Edmonton Oilers fans things where we remember only one small thing and we hold on to it as true forever.

Eberle had a tough playoff with the Oilers in 2017 - he had just two points in 13 games in his first post-season.

It's worth noting that his role was significantly reduced by McLellan in that playoffs, with him just seeing 14:32 per game of ice time. Some of that is possibly performance driven, but McLellan was using Nuge and Eberle as essentially third liners.

His next time in the post-season was with the Islanders in 2018-19. Not only did he not choke, he led the team in playoff scoring with 4-5-9 in 8 games, helping the Isles to sweep the Pens before getting rolled by the Hurricanes in the second round.

In 2019-20 in the bubble, the Islanders went all the way to the semi-finals in the bubble, with Eberle scoring 5-9-14 in 22 games, tying him for 4th on the team in scoring in that tournament. The Islanders beat the Panthers in the play-in, then took out the Capitals and Flyers before going down to the eventual Cup champion Lightning in 6 games.

In 2020-21, the Islanders again went three rounds deep and even took the Lightning to 7 games in the semi-finals. They beat the Penguins and Bruins along the way. Eberle had 4-7-11, good for 6th on the team and only 3 off the team leader (Barzal).

So, in short, the Islanders were giant killers for Eberle's last two years there, and he was a big part of that. In his four times in the post-season, he's been good in three out of four.

He also has played pretty well in international tournaments over the years. He played at two world juniors, scoring 26 points in 12 games and he's been to six world championships, scoring 38 points in 47 games there.

The idea that he shrinks under pressure is just a stupid Edmonton belief with really no foundation. I think the Oilers are better than the Kraken and could beat them in a series, but I don't think you can rely on a Jordan Eberle no-show to be the reason why.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820786 is a reply to message #820770 ]
Tue, 11 April 2023 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 11 April 2023 09:22

The idea that he shrinks under pressure is just a stupid Edmonton belief with really no foundation. I think the Oilers are better than the Kraken and could beat them in a series, but I don't think you can rely on a Jordan Eberle no-show to be the reason why.

I recall how clutch he was in the World Juniors too. I know that was forever ago, but he has it in him. His poor playoff performance with the Oilers will surely be a motivator this time around. I'm predicting a great playoffs for him.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820793 is a reply to message #820760 ]
Tue, 11 April 2023 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

NetBOG wrote on Mon, 10 April 2023 21:51

I dont have much memory for who posts what around here (especially those without profile pics) but are you the same poster who hated on Hall in every second post as well?

If not I apologize but if so, it seems you are prone to buying into the team propaganda of slandering every player that leaves Edm as the problem. It does seem to work though, there are a lot of fans who keep blaming good players that left as apposed to the consistent individuals during the worst years.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820795 is a reply to message #820793 ]
Tue, 11 April 2023 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

What amuses me is that Flames fans keep going on about how they outshoot teams every time but still lose. Well, yeah. If you fire the puck from everywhere then you do tend to outshoot the opposition. I (unfortunately) remember that being an Eakins thing too. We'd consistently outshoot teams, but give up multiple grade A opportunities, thus losing the game.

Hope Sutter keeps preaching the same for next season.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820796 is a reply to message #820795 ]
Tue, 11 April 2023 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Tue, 11 April 2023 14:42

What amuses me is that Flames fans keep going on about how they outshoot teams every time but still lose. Well, yeah. If you fire the puck from everywhere then you do tend to outshoot the opposition. I (unfortunately) remember that being an Eakins thing too. We'd consistently outshoot teams, but give up multiple grade A opportunities, thus losing the game.

I'll keep saying it until it manifests, Sutter needs a younger more energetic person on the bench next year while he focuses on generally managing. He needs DALLAS EAKINS.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820798 is a reply to message #820795 ]
Tue, 11 April 2023 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benv  is currently offline benv

No Cups

This probably somewhat explains MoneyPuck's love of the Flames.

https://moneypuck.com/power.htm

Even eliminated from the playoffs, the site considers them the 4th best team in the league (they were as high as number 2 a couple of weeks ago). I think the site heavily weights shot totals in their analytics computations.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820803 is a reply to message #820798 ]
Tue, 11 April 2023 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

benv wrote on Tue, 11 April 2023 14:50

This probably somewhat explains MoneyPuck's love of the Flames.

https://moneypuck.com/power.htm

Even eliminated from the playoffs, the site considers them the 4th best team in the league (they were as high as number 2 a couple of weeks ago). I think the site heavily weights shot totals in their analytics computations.

Flames are #3 in the league for expected goals in all situations. Dead last in the league in SH%, 6th last in sav%.

Last year they were #1 in expected goals % in all situations. 12th in SH%, 5th in sav%.

A completely unbiased observer would likely say the Lames deserved better, but meh, I'm fine saying they just suck :)

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820771 is a reply to message #820759 ]
Tue, 11 April 2023 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I don't think it's very possible. For the Kraken to leapfrog the Kings means they have to beat the Knights the next two games - which puts the Oilers in a pretty good spot to take the division (and likely the conference too). We'd only have to win one of the last two if the Kraken sweep the Knights here, so it's probably the Kings or the Jets as our most likely dance partners.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820788 is a reply to message #820771 ]
Tue, 11 April 2023 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 11 April 2023 09:24

I don't think it's very possible. For the Kraken to leapfrog the Kings means they have to beat the Knights the next two games - which puts the Oilers in a pretty good spot to take the division (and likely the conference too). We'd only have to win one of the last two if the Kraken sweep the Knights here, so it's probably the Kings or the Jets as our most likely dance partners.

Bah, i missed that the Canucks just rolled over yesterday. Guess I'll take the blame since Korpisalo is against me in the Oilfans pool, so of course he gets his first SO of the year :)

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820789 is a reply to message #812389 ]
Tue, 11 April 2023 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Major milestones hit yesterday

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FtZlDOBXwAAqa7u?format=jpg&name=small

McCann getting 40 goals just forgotten. Or maybe there is just something extra special about Matthews doing what many hundreds of others have done.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820791 is a reply to message #820789 ]
Tue, 11 April 2023 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 11 April 2023 12:37

Or maybe there is just something extra special about Matthews doing what many hundreds of others have done.

Well duh, he plays for the Laffs in Toronto. That makes him special all by itself as far as SN and TSN are concerned.

5-14-6-1

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820799 is a reply to message #812389 ]
Tue, 11 April 2023 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Sutter can get blood out of a stone as a coach.. but eventually the stone cracks.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820805 is a reply to message #812389 ]
Tue, 11 April 2023 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Looks like Mark Stone has been inspired by Easter and has risen.. back practicing with Vegas.. as per usual..

Vegas used over $7M of his LTIR cap hit to add to their roster during his convalescence.

Game 1? ..
Its a Miracle ... I'm HEALED!
https://media.tenor.com/CatOj6N5za0AAAAC/kevin-nash-jim.gif

[Updated on: Tue, 11 April 2023 15:39]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820823 is a reply to message #812389 ]
Tue, 11 April 2023 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Pasta with 10 shot attempts tonight (8 shots) and 0 goals. Boston tried, but Mcdavid Rocket looking very secure now

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820825 is a reply to message #820823 ]
Tue, 11 April 2023 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Preds done for the season. Impressive that they held on as long as they did given all their injuries & trades. At least they managed to do their job of knocking out the Flames before fizzling themselves.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820878 is a reply to message #820825 ]
Wed, 12 April 2023 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Tue, 11 April 2023 21:48

Preds done for the season. Impressive that they held on as long as they did given all their injuries & trades. At least they managed to do their job of knocking out the Flames before fizzling themselves.

Far as I know, Preds as a franchise are for sale...seems like they didn't really go all in on spending the big bucks on their roster till that Weber for Subban trade in 2016...only for them to revert back to their frugal ways in 2019.

Whether they continue on the path of money ball tactics building teams good enough to scrape into the playoffs or go all in on serious contention hinges on the status of their ownership it seems.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820879 is a reply to message #820878 ]
Wed, 12 April 2023 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

3 Cups

kungpaobenji27 wrote on Wed, 12 April 2023 17:09

Far as I know, Preds as a franchise are for sale...seems like they didn't really go all in on spending the big bucks on their roster till that Weber for Subban trade in 2016...only for them to revert back to their frugal ways in 2019.

Whether they continue on the path of money ball tactics building teams good enough to scrape into the playoffs or go all in on serious contention hinges on the status of their ownership it seems.

I heard a guy just bought a 60% interest in the Preds.. a former Tenn. governor.. at leats he knows how to grease the government wheels! .. they might start loading up in UFA season now that ownership seems settled.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820874 is a reply to message #812389 ]
Wed, 12 April 2023 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AndersonRules  is currently offline AndersonRules

No Cups

Nasty end to the Winnipeg - Minnesota game last night. Two DOPS reviews, which leave me in the end scratching my head ...

This hit from Hartman on Ehlers gets a 1-game suspension ... which may be just. But note the context - Hartman definitely interferes with Ehlers on the play, but right after Ehlers lays a VERY late hit on Kaprisov that goes unpenalized (and unmentioned by the DOPS). I think Hartman has a reasonable justification that he could have been anticipating a similarly late hit as the one that Ehlers just laid on Kaprisov - though I think Hartman was delivering payback instead.

https://www.nhl.com/video/hartman-suspended-one-game/t-27744 0360/c-16571353

Late in the period, with 30 seconds left, Pionk lays this cross-check on Johansson - https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/jets-pionk-fined-5k-for -cross-checking-wilds-johansson/ He does get a $5k fine for it - but given game history and game state, plus the viciousness of the hit (and the obvious injury it caused), I can't fathom why it's not a suspension. Yeah, he received a 5-minute major for the hit - but with 30 seconds left and a 2-goal lead, that has zero impact on the outcome of the game, and is an inconsequential penalty.

I guess it would be a rare DOPS ruling that makes perfect sense to me.

Pages (17): [ «  <  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Flyers hire more alumni to run the team
Next Topic:Flames arena
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca