This day on April 29
None

Happy Birthday To: eightythree, yanner39, Smid4Life, Oil Spill, Ginjanna, Sopranosbaby, epower, Brewer84, rufeo01, OilCup2017

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795841]
Sat, 11 December 2021 22:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
Carolina to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795849 is a reply to message #795841 ]
Sat, 11 December 2021 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

I need a Hyman update. Is it torn? Separated?

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795850 is a reply to message #795849 ]
Sat, 11 December 2021 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 11 December 2021 22:39

Just wanted a simply Ace saying "they can tell that?" gif, but no one had the foresight to make one. That will have to do :P

[Updated on: Sat, 11 December 2021 22:50]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795851 is a reply to message #795850 ]
Sat, 11 December 2021 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 11 December 2021 23:48

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 11 December 2021 22:39

Just wanted a simply Ace saying "they can tell that?" gif, but no one had the foresight to make one. That will have to do :P

This made my night πŸ˜‚

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795853 is a reply to message #795850 ]
Sat, 11 December 2021 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Five in a row. No points for 97 and 29 even tonight.

Any chance Holland skips After Hours to go fire Tippett?

I'm staying up for After Hours for the first time in a long long time so that I can see him say stupid things but you never know!

At least the Flames lost.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795854 is a reply to message #795853 ]
Sat, 11 December 2021 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 11 December 2021 23:53

Five in a row. No points for 97 and 29 even tonight.

Any chance Holland skips After Hours to go fire Tippett?

I'm staying up for After Hours for the first time in a long long time so that I can see him say stupid things but you never know!

At least the Flames lost.

*At least we didn’t have to listen to Cassie all night.

I be there is no one happier than Ethan Bear right now. Gets to turn the page and get away from the questions of this whole Oilers thing.

Holland isn’t firing Tippett. I foresee a (underwhelming) trade in the coming days though.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795860 is a reply to message #795854 ]
Sat, 11 December 2021 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Asked if it's a 2-man team, Holland rattles off all the linemates of the two men. Says we need less goals against, not more goals for. Has already said about 5 times that everything evens out over a 82 game season.

We need to win some games before he can do anything. He's been through trade deadlines before, but the standings (not McDavid & Draisaitl in their prime) will determine his thinking around trades.

Oh crap - he's part of the Team Canada management too.

Did you know he used to be the GM of the Red Wings?

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795852 is a reply to message #795841 ]
Sat, 11 December 2021 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Nothing going our way now I guess.

Refs giving us a PP finally after maximum frustration and desperation is allowed to build up. Ends up with guys just rushing everything as expected.

5v5 hasn't been weak all year, so at least that's consistent.

Boards even rubbing a little salt in with that comical bounce to put the game out of reach.

Season taking quite a turn.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795863 is a reply to message #795852 ]
Sun, 12 December 2021 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slim Jim Phantom Call  is currently offline Slim Jim Phantom Call

No Cups

Can someone toss a ref jersey on the ice? Maybe that will send a message.
They’ve been a joke all season, but holy frick that duo took it next level.

Oilers didn’t deserve to win. Fire that slack jaw coach.

But fook me the officiating was crap. Wow.

In fairness to Hall, I've wanted to throw a waterbottle at Eakins all season.
~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795855 is a reply to message #795841 ]
Sat, 11 December 2021 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Sat, 11 December 2021 22:23

Nice feed from Puljujarvi there and great finish by Nuge. Maybe now he can stop being a whipping boy for a certain segment of the fanbase...

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 11 December 2021 23:25

Nuge playing softy soft.
But he has a lot of company.

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 11 December 2021 23:36

RNH you just don't know how to freaking score.

This is a troll job right? RNH was one of the best Oilers tonight.

He had the only goal.

After a few people claiming more hits is what the Oilers need I was paying closer attention to who initiated contact. Among forward I would bet that RNH was only behind Kassian in hits/physical contact initiation. I would guess 6-8 forwards will be credited with one or zero hits.
He played some pretty hard minutes. Skated his butt off. Scored the only goal and threw a few hits.

As far as the other forwards;
Kassion hit a bunch but any time the puck is near him everyone else might as well change. He turned it over or otherwise ended the offensive threat on his own. Complete black hole.
The bottom 6 was invisible. By tomorrow morning I bet a lot of us would have trouble listing which guys even played. (the bourbon may also effect my recollection)
Did Fougele play? I expected him to come in hot against his old team? Shore? Until he got his face crunched I wasnt sure if he was dressed.
Drai and McDavid had their moments but it is time for them to adapt. Teams are finding way to stop them.
Yamo buzzed around here and there but then I wouldnt notice him for a bunch of shifts in a row. No PK for him tonight either I believe.
The PP was pretty bad. Again, time to adapt. I did see McDavid and Draisaitl switch sides for parts of them. Not sure if by design or in the flow it rotated but it couldnt hurt to change things up.

On D;
Barrie needs to watch a game or two from up top. He is pretty bad right now. If his offence isnt there he doesnt bring much else. Terrible game
Nurse was ok.
Niemelainen and Bouchard had a couple young D moments each but werent too bad. Nemo is a bright spot in the last stretch. Old school big d man that seems to have the instincts to use his size effectively.
Ceci is very consistent. Pretty rare he has me cursing at the screen.

That leaves Kosko. Man he is frustrating. He mad a LOT of good saves. When the shots were a 2:1 ratio midway through the third it was only close because of those saves.
Buuuuuuuut- all three goals are saved more often than not by a good goalie.
The first one was a good save but then he has zero clue where the puck was. I dont think I remember an Oiler goalie who loses the puck so often. This one wasn't as bad as the other two.
Second one is a routine shot. You need to save it.
Third one needs no review.

Overall the team wasn't terrible but as usual there were a handful of players with a positive impact and double that dragging the team down. Regardless of the elite talent at the top of this roster they are going no where with the combined sucktitude of the bottom half.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795864 is a reply to message #795855 ]
Sun, 12 December 2021 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 11 December 2021 21:59

He had the only goal.

After a few people claiming more hits is what the Oilers need I was paying closer attention to who initiated contact. Among forward I would bet that RNH was only behind Kassian in hits/physical contact initiation. I would guess 6-8 forwards will be credited with one or zero hits.
He played some pretty hard minutes. Skated his butt off. Scored the only goal and threw a few hits.

Kassion hit a bunch but any time the puck is near him everyone else might as well change. He turned it over or otherwise ended the offensive threat on his own. Complete black hole.
The bottom 6 was invisible. By tomorrow morning I bet a lot of us would have trouble listing which guys even played. (the bourbon may also effect my recollection)
Did Fougele play? I expected him to come in hot against his old team? Shore? Until he got his face crunched I wasnt sure if he was dressed.
Drai and McDavid had their moments but it is time for them to adapt. Teams are finding way to stop them.
Yamo buzzed around here and there but then I wouldnt notice him for a bunch of shifts in a row. No PK for him tonight either I believe.
The PP was pretty bad. Again, time to adapt. I did see McDavid and Draisaitl switch sides for parts of them. Not sure if by design or in the flow it rotated but it couldnt hurt to change things up.

On D;
Barrie needs to watch a game or two from up top. He is pretty bad right now. If his offence isnt there he doesnt bring much else. Terrible game
Nurse was ok.
Niemelainen and Bouchard had a couple young D moments each but werent too bad. Nemo is a bright spot in the last stretch. Old school big d man that seems to have the instincts to use his size effectively.

That leaves Kosko. Man he is frustrating. He mad a LOT of good saves. When the shots were a 2:1 ratio midway through the third it was only close because of those saves.
The first one was a good save but then he has zero clue where the puck was. I dont think I remember an Oiler goalie who loses the puck so often. This one wasn't as bad as the other two.

Overall the team wasn't terrible but as usual there were a handful of players with a positive impact and double that dragging the team down. Regardless of the elite talent at the top of this roster they are going no where with the combined sucktitude of the bottom half.

Yep he scored on a break away, he's got 3 goals in 26 games, playing with LD, 56 has 5.
I was specifically PO'd on the 1st goal against.. Aho goes right to the front of the net, 93 stops skating, lets him go, Aho gets the pass uncontested, Kosko makes the 1st save on Aho, and 93 is late and weak on tieing up Aho on the rebound.. Aho slams it home into empty net.. 1-0 early.. hence "soft".

He missed a wide open net on a gift pass from 97, again, consistently shoots off net, gets stripped of pucks..
He's obviously wasn't the worst forward, but for me he is one of the most frustrating, he gets some of the highest ice time top 6, has the skill, decent skating, doesn't bear down enough to turn it into productive work.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795865 is a reply to message #795864 ]
Sun, 12 December 2021 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Yay! We’re going streaking!

Don’t look now, but special teams are coming back down to earth, and just a win by the Sharks and Jets and all of a sudden we would be out of a playoff spot.

We all, or most anyway, figured we were a lock for the playoffs, but all of a sudden it looks like it will yet again be a coin toss whether we make it or not. Ughhhh.

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795868 is a reply to message #795855 ]
Sun, 12 December 2021 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 11 December 2021 22:59

Adam wrote on Sat, 11 December 2021 22:23

Nice feed from Puljujarvi there and great finish by Nuge. Maybe now he can stop being a whipping boy for a certain segment of the fanbase...

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 11 December 2021 23:25

Nuge playing softy soft.
But he has a lot of company.

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 11 December 2021 23:36

RNH you just don't know how to freaking score.

He had the only goal.

On D;
Nurse was ok.

Pretty much mirrors my take.

I'll add that the reffing ebbed toward atrocious again last night. Whoever had the idea of a ref jersey on the ice, I want to see that. Sending that message first in the league would send a message in itself. I've never heard of that being done.

Having guys who will challenge for the Art Ross & Hart trophies every year is pretty cool, but I get the sense that among the fanbase, that probably doesn't matter much anymore.

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795856 is a reply to message #795841 ]
Sat, 11 December 2021 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Nuggy was best forward by a mile I think tonight. Liked Ceci’s game again. Koski had some huge saves... unfortunate that a bad bounce off the boards ends him.

Too many passengers again. I’m gonna feed the negative yamo press and point out that despite having his name in Sharpie in the top 6, he hasn’t had a shot on net these past 5 games.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795857 is a reply to message #795841 ]
Sat, 11 December 2021 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Holland saying he’s not concerned about team scoring... wants to address goals against.

Well... we’re not getting a forward haha he’s making a move for an insignificant 3LD

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795859 is a reply to message #795857 ]
Sat, 11 December 2021 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 11 December 2021 23:04

Holland saying he’s not concerned about team scoring... wants to address goals against.

Well... we’re not getting a forward haha he’s making a move for an insignificant 3LD

Any more cup winning 38+ year old D making 5M+ we can give up assets to acquire to shore up our GA? Preferably one that isn't gonna old man injure himself making a pass this time.

[Updated on: Sat, 11 December 2021 23:14]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795861 is a reply to message #795859 ]
Sat, 11 December 2021 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 12 December 2021 00:08

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 11 December 2021 23:04

Any more cup winning 38+ year old D making 5M+ we can give up assets to acquire to shore up our GA? Preferably one that isn't gonna old man injure himself making a pass this time though.

Or ties to the Red Wings. Here comes Marc Staal!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795862 is a reply to message #795861 ]
Sat, 11 December 2021 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Well, that was a waste of time. One tough question, and then a bunch of meaningless fluff.

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795866 is a reply to message #795862 ]
Sun, 12 December 2021 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clutchlikeeberle  is currently offline clutchlikeeberle

No Cups

No offense, but when have you ever seen hard hitting journalism during after hours? Me? Never. I get the negativity here after what we have been through for years and years. I get it. And while I too wish Tipp was fired yesterday. I still don't think Holland as been as bad as we make him out. Players he have acquired fancy stats, which we all know Oiler fans love to tweet and quote have all went down hill since becoming an oiler. I watched a lot of Carolina last year. And Foegele was a noticeable presence every night. And no lie, J said on numerous occasions I'd love have a guy like that on the Oilers. So we are these players becoming invisible here? Why do we always suck in Deembwr? Because teams adapt and we don't! Tipp is brutal. Kh is no gem but could be worse.

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795867 is a reply to message #795866 ]
Sun, 12 December 2021 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

clutchlikeeberle wrote on Sun, 12 December 2021 06:48

No offense, but when have you ever seen hard hitting journalism during after hours? Me? Never. I get the negativity here after what we have been through for years and years. I get it. And while I too wish Tipp was fired yesterday. I still don't think Holland as been as bad as we make him out. Players he have acquired fancy stats, which we all know Oiler fans love to tweet and quote have all went down hill since becoming an oiler. I watched a lot of Carolina last year. And Foegele was a noticeable presence every night. And no lie, J said on numerous occasions I'd love have a guy like that on the Oilers. So we are these players becoming invisible here? Why do we always suck in Deembwr? Because teams adapt and we don't! Tipp is brutal. Kh is no gem but could be worse.

I do wonder if there’s anything to the whole McDavid and Drai getting all the attention/ice time/offensive starts. It could be an organizational mindset of Connor and Leon do this, this and this while you, you and you just play mistake free hockey and don’t take any chances to put extra pressure on Connor or Leon.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795869 is a reply to message #795841 ]
Sun, 12 December 2021 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

It’s okay boys and girls, our 1 is back Tuesday for Toronto and then Keith likely Thursday for Columbus.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795871 is a reply to message #795841 ]
Sun, 12 December 2021 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Any news on Hyman?
Huge hole in the line up, he was a driver whatever line he was on.
No real replacement on the roster, some of the guys not 97, 29 have to grow a pair.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795872 is a reply to message #795841 ]
Sun, 12 December 2021 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Doh

Woodguy @Woodguy55
NHL Team's 5v5 Goal Share.

Teams in green are in a playoff spot today.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FGa5djgVUAI7ehL?format=png&name=900x900

And I won't even give injuries as an excuse. Keith is on his 3rd year straight under 50% now.

There is something very wrong with what this team is doing. The players we are getting for depth that keep failing. The way the coach uses non McDrai players. Maybe it's both. But something has to be fixed. This team has been trash 5v5 for a long time with anyone not playing with McDrai and it is actually getting worse.

We all know what hoping refs will give us calls in the playoffs so we can win with special teams will get us...nothing. 5v5 has to be fixed and we seem to keep getting further away from a solution.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795875 is a reply to message #795872 ]
Mon, 13 December 2021 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Disappointing game. I thought the Oilers were OK. A lesser team maybe they win that game. Against a decent team, OK isn't good enough.

The passed up shots are driving me NUTS!!! I love the creativity and when they work, it's awesome but when as a team you are not getting any puck luck and a bunch of guys are gripping the stick a ton because they haven't scored. Simplify the game and shoot the damn puck. AND HIT THE NET!!! My god did many guys miss some golden chances.

I thought when called upon Anderson was excellent. He made some great saves and probably took away 2 or 3 chances that would usually be a goal.

For any NHL team to win, yes you need depth scoring but you also need your stars to produce because they get the most ice time and make the majority of the money. Canes got 2 goals from Aho who's their best player, Oilers got nothing from their 2 best players.

Yamo in the top 6 needs to stop. 5 games in a row with no shots. That can't happen.

Koskinen. icon_neutral He made some great saves. So hat tip to him for that BUT.... 2 of the goals were bad with the 3rd being not great on Koskinen. First goal, his pad is angled so it's behind the goal line. Now I do point the finger at Nuge a little bit because if you watch the replay, he's down the middle, so is Aho. He did not look around to see where the guys were, Aho is driving the net, Nuge is coasting. So he wasn't skating back hard. If he is, he's in better position to break up that chance. But I thought goalies were supposed to have their pads flat and straight across and if it is, that probably doesn't go in.

Second goal. That has to be stopped. Unlucky bounce past Bouchard so the puck gets out. Nurse angles him off to the boards cutting the ice in half for Koskinen. He sees him all the way. Square to the shooter. Puck hits him goes in. By his reaction, he knew it was a stinker. It can't happen. I do wonder if the goalies are impacting how the Oilers play a little so they don't press as much or are doing things differently because they don't trust the goalies. If the Oilers defense can't give up a chance like that and have it not go in, then they have no chance at all because it's impossible to hold a team to zero shots.

3rd goal. Yes it was a bit of an unlucky bounce but it's just how it is with that guy. Tight game, already gave up a stinker on the go ahead, first goal wasn't the best either. Salt in the wounds with that 3rd one.

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795877 is a reply to message #795875 ]
Mon, 13 December 2021 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Still not the fault of McDavid and Draisaitl when they lose. We just can't count on them to score a couple goals in every game. They've been great this year, but they are going to have some nights where it doesn't happen. That's when you need depth to step up...but of course, there's this:

https://www.tsn.ca/yost-edmonton-oilers-depth-players-draggi ng-team-down-again-1.1734237

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795884 is a reply to message #795841 ]
Mon, 13 December 2021 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Hyman absent from practice. A buddy of a buddy that works for the team says Hyman expected back after Christmas.

Lines at practice today;

Draisaitl-McDavid-Kassian
Foegele-RNH-Puljujarvi
Benson-McLeod-Yamamoto
Shore-Ryan-Sceviour

Nurse-Bouchard
Keith-Ceci
Niemelainen-Barrie

Sounds like Keith and Schmiddy good to go for tomorrow.

[Updated on: Mon, 13 December 2021 12:13]

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795886 is a reply to message #795884 ]
Mon, 13 December 2021 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 13 December 2021 11:52

Hyman absent from practice. A buddy of a buddy that works for the team says Hyman expected back after Christmas.

Lines at practice today;
Drai-McD-Kass
Foegele-Nuge-Pulju
Shore-McLeod-Yam

Which of the old guys makes it through the full game?

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795888 is a reply to message #795886 ]
Mon, 13 December 2021 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 13 December 2021 12:55

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 13 December 2021 11:52

Lines at practice today;
Drai-McD-Kass
Foegele-Nuge-Pulju
Shore-McLeod-Yam

Which of the old guys makes it through the full game?

If both indeed play, both will make it through the entire game πŸ˜‰

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795890 is a reply to message #795884 ]
Mon, 13 December 2021 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

1 Cup

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 13 December 2021 10:52

Lines at practice today;

Foegele-RNH-Puljujarvi
Benson-McLeod-Yamamoto
Shore-Ryan-Sceviour

Nurse-Bouchard
Keith-Ceci
Niemelainen-Barrie

Not great news about Hyman. Even worse that it seems Tippet is going back to the well again and putting McDrai together. I actually don't mind Puljujarvi on the 2nd line as he's been one of their best forwards and if Tippet is going to insist on putting McDrai together, it gives them a bit more balance. And I think dropping Yamamoto down to the 3rd line is also fine. But man it's annoying to see Kassian get rewarded with more playing time with McDrai, given his play the last few weeks.

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795891 is a reply to message #795890 ]
Mon, 13 December 2021 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Goose wrote on Mon, 13 December 2021 13:40

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 13 December 2021 10:52

Lines at practice today;

Foegele-RNH-Puljujarvi
Benson-McLeod-Yamamoto
Shore-Ryan-Sceviour

Nurse-Bouchard
Keith-Ceci
Niemelainen-Barrie

Not great news about Hyman. Even worse that it seems Tippet is going back to the well again and putting McDrai together. I actually don't mind Puljujarvi on the 2nd line as he's been one of their best forwards and if Tippet is going to insist on putting McDrai together, it gives them a bit more balance. And I think dropping Yamamoto down to the 3rd line is also fine. But man it's annoying to see Kassian get rewarded with more playing time with McDrai, given his play the last few weeks.

Tip saying Hyman is day to day! Guess my source is a POS πŸ˜‚

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795892 is a reply to message #795891 ]
Mon, 13 December 2021 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 13 December 2021 15:41

Meh - not necessarily. Not like we've never seen months long "day to day" injuries.

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795893 is a reply to message #795892 ]
Mon, 13 December 2021 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Mike wrote on Mon, 13 December 2021 13:57

Meh - not necessarily. Not like we've never seen months long "day to day" injuries.

Didn't Smith start day to day?

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795894 is a reply to message #795893 ]
Mon, 13 December 2021 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Mon, 13 December 2021 14:35

Mike wrote on Mon, 13 December 2021 13:57

Didn't Smith start day to day?

This is very fair!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #795907 is a reply to message #795892 ]
Mon, 13 December 2021 16:14 Go to previous message

3 Cups

Mike wrote on Mon, 13 December 2021 11:57

I like the sound of it, not definitive, its better than "he'll be out 6 to 8 weeks".. but yeah "day to day" can sometimes mean "today to someday" :)

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Previous Topic:Pregame: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #27)
Next Topic:GDT: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #26)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca