This day on September 26
None

Happy Birthday To: Kumquat, oilaz, CarOil, Oilcraze67, CowboyHockey4, Treads78, RDOilerfan, grace_acebedo

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » 2021 Game Thread (OOT)Pages (26): [ «  <  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780348 is a reply to message #780347 ]
Fri, 19 March 2021 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilPeg  is currently offline OilPeg

No Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 15:21

OilPeg wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 14:19

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 14:38

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 13:31

smyth260 wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 13:27

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 12:15

Sigh...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMms1fCrLRG/?utm_source=ig_embed

It's just so so boring I guess to give McDavid the respect he deserves.

Well McDavid gets to play with Draisaitl so you can't give it to him.

And Draisaitl gets to play with McDavid so you can't give it to him.

And that's how you get to the 3rd place scoring leader winning the Hart.

You have to remember Kane is doing all of this without Seabrook! He's arguably better than Gretzky, who had Paul Coffey as you'll remember.

It's interesting how many Hawks fans think DeBrincat is garbage now in order to make the arguement Kane has zero help.

All the teams behind the Hawks better make use of the games in hand and knock the Hawks down so we don't have to see this garbage anymore. Bah, who am I kidding, we'll still see it even if the Hawks are missing the playoffs.

I know there's a lot of PTSD involved when talking about an Oiler and the Hart but Kane is not undeserving of recognition. McDavid and Draisaitl have been great, and McDavid would definitely be my pick, but Kane is playing great he's a big part in Chicago being competitive and currently sitting in a playoff spot. Plus, Drai DID get the hart last year despite McDavid's presence, so the argument isn't really valid anymore is it?

It's still part of the narrative. If McD was third in scoring do you think it would be him as the favorite?

No. But Edmonton was supposed to be a better team than Chicago, it's kind of like coach of the year, player makes a bad team better, it just polishes his shine a little bit more. I'm not saying it shouldn't be McDavid, I'm just saying there are worse picks than Kane.

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 02 June 2012 00:29

But he (Belanger)'s as soft as room temp. margarine.

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 16 March 2021 18:49

Turris in the BOA will be like an ice cube in the Sahara.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780349 is a reply to message #780348 ]
Fri, 19 March 2021 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

OilPeg wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 14:26

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 15:21

OilPeg wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 14:19

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 14:38

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 13:31

smyth260 wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 13:27

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 12:15

Sigh...

Well McDavid gets to play with Draisaitl so you can't give it to him.

And Draisaitl gets to play with McDavid so you can't give it to him.

And that's how you get to the 3rd place scoring leader winning the Hart.

You have to remember Kane is doing all of this without Seabrook! He's arguably better than Gretzky, who had Paul Coffey as you'll remember.

It's interesting how many Hawks fans think DeBrincat is garbage now in order to make the arguement Kane has zero help.

All the teams behind the Hawks better make use of the games in hand and knock the Hawks down so we don't have to see this garbage anymore. Bah, who am I kidding, we'll still see it even if the Hawks are missing the playoffs.

I know there's a lot of PTSD involved when talking about an Oiler and the Hart but Kane is not undeserving of recognition. McDavid and Draisaitl have been great, and McDavid would definitely be my pick, but Kane is playing great he's a big part in Chicago being competitive and currently sitting in a playoff spot. Plus, Drai DID get the hart last year despite McDavid's presence, so the argument isn't really valid anymore is it?

It's still part of the narrative. If McD was third in scoring do you think it would be him as the favorite?

No. But Edmonton was supposed to be a better team than Chicago, it's kind of like coach of the year, player makes a bad team better, it just polishes his shine a little bit more. I'm not saying it shouldn't be McDavid, I'm just saying there are worse picks than Kane.

Weird that Matthews would get any votes at all in that case. He's 2nd on his team in scoring and behind Kane in points. Shouldn't even be on the radar. McDavid actually has a higher points % on Oilers goals too than Kane. Kane arguably has had more help. Kubalik and DeBrincat are not garbage.

Just need a little patience I think. Chicago has had some luck. Relatively unknown goalies have had some crazy spurts to win them games. They will fall out of the picture eventually.

[Updated on: Fri, 19 March 2021 14:35]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780352 is a reply to message #780348 ]
Fri, 19 March 2021 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

2 Cups

OilPeg wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 13:26

The Oilers are supposed to be better than Chicago because McDavid is supposed to be a better player than Kane. And he is showing it. It makes no sense to knock a player votes because he is soooooo good that he makes his team good.

There is recognition and there is nonsense. That any group of 17 voting writers has Kane winning the thing is absurd, even if they were all Chicago writers. McDavid is scoring at a 1.77 PPG rate right now. It’s his best hockey in his already fantastic career. You have to go back 20 years to Lemieux in 2001 to find a player producing at his rate.

I know you said your vote goes to McDavid, I just think that halfway vote thing where Kane is winning is indefensible.

And McDavid has only won the thing once, if there is any politics at play with these writers they need to give their head a shake.

[Updated on: Fri, 19 March 2021 17:37]

Clean house or bust

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780380 is a reply to message #780337 ]
Fri, 19 March 2021 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

4 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 16:15

Sigh...

My favourite part of this is the official Edmonton Oilers account’s comment. Simply “lol”.

I echo that sentiment. Lebrun and Mike Johnson tonight basically laughing at the idea of anyone but McDavid being the front runner at this point.

Why all the mental gymnastics to try to not give the award to the clear choice? Seems like they do this every year. And the best part is the clowns that will say something one year to justify not giving it to the easy choice, but then the following year use the exact opposite stance to justify why their guy should get it. At least be consistent.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780388 is a reply to message #780380 ]
Fri, 19 March 2021 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greg  is currently offline Greg

No Cups

Mike wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 20:37

Sigh...

My favourite part of this is the official Edmonton Oilers account’s comment. Simply “lol”.

I echo that sentiment. Lebrun and Mike Johnson tonight basically laughing at the idea of anyone but McDavid being the front runner at this point.

Why all the mental gymnastics to try to not give the award to the clear choice? Seems like they do this every year. And the best part is the clowns that will say something one year to justify not giving it to the easy choice, but then the following year use the exact opposite stance to justify why their guy should get it. At least be consistent.

I saw that too. Got to love whoever’s running the Oilers Twitter account.

https://i.ibb.co/SfGgncw/8-EE692-AB-0408-4-BFD-87-ED-81-A8-B1-AEAD11.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 19 March 2021 22:54]

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780430 is a reply to message #780380 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

1 Cup

Mike wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 20:37

Sigh...

You can’t word it any better, great post. 👍🏽

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780341 is a reply to message #771823 ]
Fri, 19 March 2021 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Sutter finally begins the process of eliminating the #LingeringWardEffect that was to blame for the last loss

Mark Masters @markhmasters
Darryl Sutter on adjustments he's looking for from skilled guys like Monahan, Gaudreau

"You look at the Leafs ... They play a complete game & their top players have made that adjustment to play a complete game. You have to try to emulate those teams to have any success"

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780343 is a reply to message #780341 ]
Fri, 19 March 2021 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 12:45

Sutter finally begins the process of eliminating the #LingeringWardEffect that was to blame for the last loss

Darryl Sutter on adjustments he's looking for from skilled guys like Monahan, Gaudreau

"You look at the Leafs ... They play a complete game & their top players have made that adjustment to play a complete game. You have to try to emulate those teams to have any success"

Yes, Darryl! Personally I would try to emulate the fact that the Leafs don't have Sam Bennett or Milan Lucic on their team, but keep focusing on the guys who actually score more than they give up.

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780344 is a reply to message #780343 ]
Fri, 19 March 2021 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Goose wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 13:51

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 12:45

Yes, Darryl! Personally I would try to emulate the fact that the Leafs don't have Sam Bennett or Milan Lucic on their team, but keep focusing on the guys who actually score more than they give up.

I'm sure Sutter can't believe his luck right now to have a guy like Bennett to show the way. Leafs would have been this supposed amazing team of all 2-way players long ago if Sam was there.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780358 is a reply to message #780341 ]
Fri, 19 March 2021 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 13:45

You can just feel the love bond between Sutter and Eric Francis grow even stronger as Sutter utters these words that Francis has been so longing to hear.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780366 is a reply to message #771823 ]
Fri, 19 March 2021 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG is currently online NetBOG

4 Cups

What a douche.

D-man loses his stick deep in the Defensive zone and motions for Tkachuk to give him his. He refuses. The D-man pinned in deep without a stick motions for it again. Tkachuk again refuses and goes to cover the guy at the blue line.

I can see why the rumours are that the room hates Tkachuk.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780370 is a reply to message #780366 ]
Fri, 19 March 2021 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

2 Cups

Why can't TO goalies rock a .600 save % when we play them?

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780372 is a reply to message #780366 ]
Fri, 19 March 2021 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 17:47

What a douche.

D-man loses his stick deep in the Defensive zone and motions for Tkachuk to give him his. He refuses. The D-man pinned in deep without a stick motions for it again. Tkachuk again refuses and goes to cover the guy at the blue line.

If anyone has the video on this one, it would be great to see it.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780373 is a reply to message #780372 ]
Fri, 19 March 2021 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Just saw Tkachuk trying to pull Holl's head down into the ice in a fight. What a b-bag.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780378 is a reply to message #780372 ]
Fri, 19 March 2021 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 18:24

NetBOG wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 17:47

What a douche.

If anyone has the video on this one, it would be great to see it.

https://twitter.com/twistedleafs/status/1373059507438432259

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780377 is a reply to message #771823 ]
Fri, 19 March 2021 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

6 Cups

so torn.. Leafs loss or Calgary loss ?? confused4

Hate the 🐄💩's and love to see them lose.. all the time.. hate the Leafs.. but.. hate cowpies more.. and a Leafs loss will bring Oil closer to the top place.. so confusing!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780379 is a reply to message #780377 ]
Fri, 19 March 2021 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 19:21

so torn.. Leafs loss or Calgary loss ?? confused4

Hate the 🐄💩's and love to see them lose.. all the time.. hate the Leafs.. but.. hate cowpies more.. and a Leafs loss will bring Oil closer to the top place.. so confusing!

I found it weird. I was pulling for both the Flames and Canucks tonight. Nucks got screwed by a missed high stick, but eventually won it in OT.

I want to see the Oilers claim first for a bit

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780382 is a reply to message #771823 ]
Fri, 19 March 2021 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Holl hit on Johnny tonight that lead to Tkachuk fighting him

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780389 is a reply to message #780382 ]
Fri, 19 March 2021 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 19:45

Holl hit on Johnny tonight that lead to Tkachuk fighting him

Johnny Jockey plastered like a fly into a semi-trailer windshield.. he's going to feel that for a few days..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780427 is a reply to message #771823 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

1 Cup

Man this wrist injury that “2020-2021 Hart Trophy Winner” Auston Matthews is fighting through is affecting his skating and hockey IQ too.

McDavid is on a different level in EVERY. SINGLE. WAY.

This shouldn’t even be a debate.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780428 is a reply to message #780427 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sinfulchimp306  is currently offline sinfulchimp306

1 Cup

There is no denying that Mathews can score, but to put him in the same breath as mcdavid is blasphemous. Honestly I would take marner over Mathews everyday

Formerly gagnerisgod.
PLAY LABAMBA BABY

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780576 is a reply to message #780428 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

sinfulchimp306 wrote on Sat, 20 March 2021 19:40

There is no denying that Mathews can score, but to put him in the same breath as mcdavid is blasphemous. Honestly I would take marner over Mathews everyday

Tied in goals after tonight at 21...man, it would be great to see McDavid take the Rocket too. I'm still a little sore the Oilers didn't drive harder to get it for Draisaitl in the last game a couple years ago.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780600 is a reply to message #780576 ]
Sun, 21 March 2021 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gator21  is currently offline Gator21

No Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 20 March 2021 23:02

sinfulchimp306 wrote on Sat, 20 March 2021 19:40

Tied in goals after tonight at 21...man, it would be great to see McDavid take the Rocket too. I'm still a little sore the Oilers didn't drive harder to get it for Draisaitl in the last game a couple years ago.

I thought he shoulda went harder to catch OV that game too but after McDavid was taken out by Giordano it kinda sucked the life out of team. It seemed like Drai was just happy to get 50 and didn't realize or care to score 1 more for the Rocket

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780602 is a reply to message #780600 ]
Sun, 21 March 2021 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

https://www.nhl.com/flames/stats/regular-season

McD with more than double the points of the Flames leading scorer...Gaudreau and Monahan also with terrible numbers

Also Tyson Barrie with more points than any flames player

[Updated on: Sun, 21 March 2021 13:45]

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780429 is a reply to message #771823 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

freaking Montreal squeaks out another SO win, if two teams can't win a game playing 3 v 3, F'em, they deserve a tie.

Although it would be better standing-wise for a Leaf loss.. nice to see the flambes choke on a shutout.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780438 is a reply to message #780429 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sinfulchimp306  is currently offline sinfulchimp306

1 Cup

I think I would rather see Calgary loose points at the moment, toronto is close to a guaranteed playoff team where we could end up fighting Calgary for that last spot.

Formerly gagnerisgod.
PLAY LABAMBA BABY

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780455 is a reply to message #780429 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 20 March 2021 19:58

freaking Montreal squeaks out another SO win, if two teams can't win a game playing 3 v 3, F'em, they deserve a tie.

Although it would be better standing-wise for a Leaf loss.. nice to see the flambes choke on a shutout.

That was Montreals 1st win after regulation all season actually. 9 straight extra time fails since the start of the season :) Wonder if that's a record.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780583 is a reply to message #771823 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ew-p-YpWQAUbWfM?format=jpg&name=small

Weird how Kane is combining so much with some dude with better GF%, xGF% and CF% than him even though Kane gets slightly easier zone starts.

I thought Kane was just doing everything solo and carrying a team of no-name rookies on his back with no help at all.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780586 is a reply to message #780583 ]
Sun, 21 March 2021 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 20 March 2021 23:46

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ew-p-YpWQAUbWfM?format=jpg&name=small

Weird how Kane is combining so much with some dude with better GF%, xGF% and CF% than him even though Kane gets slightly easier zone starts.

I thought Kane was just doing everything solo and carrying a team of no-name rookies on his back with no help at all.

Wow Kane is really elevating his teammates. Of course if he had draisaitl he'd probably have 30.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780617 is a reply to message #771823 ]
Sun, 21 March 2021 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Steve Simmons 2017: It's inevitable, Captain Matthews lifting the cup!

Steve Simmons 2021: Damn Tavares that we didn't even have yet in 2017 when I said a cup was inevitable hasn't won us a cup yet!

https://torontosun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs /simmons-leafs-captain-tavares-not-living-up-to-his-salary?u tm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitte r#Echobox=1616328530

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780633 is a reply to message #780617 ]
Sun, 21 March 2021 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 21 March 2021 18:21

Steve Simmons 2021: Damn Tavares that we didn't even have yet in 2017 when I said a cup was inevitable hasn't won us a cup yet!

https://torontosun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs /simmons-leafs-captain-tavares-not-living-up-to-his-salary?u tm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitte r#Echobox=1616328530

Everything is driven by clicks these days. He's obviously willing to deal with people thinking he's awful and hate-sharing these things.

On the other hand it's nice that other cities have crappy media guys too.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780650 is a reply to message #780617 ]
Mon, 22 March 2021 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 21 March 2021 18:21

Simmons is such a clown. He even concedes later in the article that Tavares isn't getting the same ice time that any of the people he compares him with earlier in the article, but that doesn't stop his hatchet job.

Fact is that it's difficult to get the second line the same opportunities you give your first line so if you have a star-studded second line, their numbers are still often going to look a little disappointing. That was one of the problems for the Rangers pre-salary cap. They'd buy up all the free agents, and struggle to get them enough ice time to be impactful.

McDavid/Draisaitl and Crosby/Malkin (in their prime) are exceptions to the rule, and it's only because the second player is a top 5 talent in the game. Tavares isn't at that level currently although he's still a great player.

No question he's overpaid - but it's pretty funny to see a Toronto scribe who was no doubt crowing about the coup when they signed him now screaming bloody murder about his paycheque. That's a sunk cost now.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780676 is a reply to message #780650 ]
Mon, 22 March 2021 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

6 Cups

Everyone was saying how much of a genius Dubas was, I thought the Tavares contract was a bad decision especially after the first few years into it.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780678 is a reply to message #780676 ]
Mon, 22 March 2021 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 22 March 2021 11:14

Everyone was saying how much of a genius Dubas was, I thought the Tavares contract was a bad decision especially after the first few years into it.

I think the plan was to win the Cup by now. People forgive heavy contracts if they pay off.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780679 is a reply to message #780678 ]
Mon, 22 March 2021 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Mon, 22 March 2021 11:29

I think the plan was to win the Cup by now. People forgive heavy contracts if they pay off.

Imagine being one of the best players in the world (or even the best) and knowing, as you reach your prime productive years, that management incompetency is limiting your few opportunities to actually compete for the cup. I wonder how that would feel.

East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780681 is a reply to message #780678 ]
Mon, 22 March 2021 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG is currently online NetBOG

4 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Mon, 22 March 2021 11:29

I'm pretty sure the plan was to sign Tavares (acquiring a top centre for no cost other than salary), and move Marner (a winger) for a kings ransom, but Marner just kept getting better and better and Dubas was stuck. Tavares is actually a really productive player considering his opportunities are limited by being on the 2nd line and being anchored to Nylander. He's also the only adult on that team that isn't on a career ending contract. He's overpaid by a million or 2 but thats not a big deal.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780730 is a reply to message #780681 ]
Mon, 22 March 2021 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Has anyone heard any rumbling about the Vancouver game in Winnipeg tonight being in jeopardy? I would be concerned that infected Habs might have spread their germs to the canucks but enough time hasn’t lapsed for the problem to become recognizable.

I have not heard anything like this, but I’m not very plugged in on nhl news.

East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780733 is a reply to message #780730 ]
Mon, 22 March 2021 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Hmmm...the Sutter Flames doing a very Ward Flames thing tonight and losing to the Ottawa Senators. Filip Gustavsson with his first career win as All-Star Anton Forsberg backs him up in an all-Swede super-duo.

I have to think the Eric Francis story is that it’s Gaudreau’s fault.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780735 is a reply to message #780733 ]
Mon, 22 March 2021 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Hey on the plus side the flamers finally scored a goal after 140+ min of shutout hockey and Johnny Pony got his first EV strength goal since Feb 11th!? icon_eek

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780738 is a reply to message #780733 ]
Mon, 22 March 2021 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 22 March 2021 19:35

Hmmm...the Sutter Flames doing a very Ward Flames thing tonight and losing to the Ottawa Senators. Filip Gustavsson with his first career win as All-Star Anton Forsberg backs him up in an all-Swede super-duo.

Forsberg was very impressive tonight.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780744 is a reply to message #780733 ]
Mon, 22 March 2021 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 22 March 2021 18:35

Yep, " Gaudreau's poison in the room.. " LOL!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Pages (26): [ «  <  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  >  »]  
Previous Topic:NHL Awards 2021
Next Topic:Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca