This day on March 18
Acquired: Drew Bannister (1997) Craig Millar (1997) Barrie Moore (1997)
Departed: Jeff Norton (1997) Miroslav Satan (1997)

Happy Birthday To: oldfart, crazycanuck69, WPGJETS96, Crazy Baby, warlakeoilers, the invader, Diego07, D_man007, Jets2020

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, StromePages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716161]
Sat, 23 June 2018 21:07 Go to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/release-oilers-extend-qualif ying-offers-to-three-players/c-299247536

....guess they haven't given up hope on Slepychev just yet....not sure if Nurse and/or Strome are arbitration eligible...

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716162 is a reply to message #716161 ]
Sat, 23 June 2018 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Sat, 23 June 2018 20:07

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/release-oilers-extend-qualif ying-offers-to-three-players/c-299247536

....guess they haven't given up hope on Slepychev just yet....not sure if Nurse and/or Strome are arbitration eligible...

I think Sleepy's offer is just to retain his rights in case he comes back.. another NHL team would have to trade for his rights

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716163 is a reply to message #716162 ]
Sat, 23 June 2018 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gator21  is currently offline Gator21

No Cups

Can we sign Strome for less than his QO if it's more than a 1 year deal? Possibly 2 yrs x $2.5M would be nice

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716164 is a reply to message #716161 ]
Sat, 23 June 2018 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

Right three guys. Didn't agree with the Lowe and Patrick Russell signings, and I might have moved on from Cagguila at 1.5, but at least they aren't qualifying a bunch of fringe prospects with expiring deals.

[Updated on: Sun, 24 June 2018 01:47]

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716166 is a reply to message #716164 ]
Sun, 24 June 2018 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Sat, 23 June 2018 22:49

Right there guys. Didn't agree with the Lowe and Patrick Russell signings, and I might have moved on from Cagguila at 1.5, but at least they aren't qualifying a bunch of fringe prospects with expiring deals.

I'm surprised they kept P. Russell, guy has slow feet, already 25, and not doing much in the AHL, so not likely to do anything in the NHL, so ... why waste a development spot?

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716314 is a reply to message #716166 ]
Wed, 27 June 2018 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

The AHL requires that you some AHL vets on your roster and playing and if you are letting go a bunch of vets they had last year, it's not the end of the world if they have Russell around.

I saw yesterday that the Pens signed Rust to a 4 yr, 3.5 per year deal which surprised me that the Pens would sign him for that much. Rust is 26, a winger and had 13 goals and 38 pts in 69 games. Rust is primarily a bottom 6 guy. I would have to think that his contract would roughly set the market for Strome which is a big time concern. Strome will be 25 in July, he's a center which in my opinion is worth more than a winger. He has some ability to play on both special teams. He put up 13 goals, 34 pts in 82 games. It took Strome and the Oilers time to figure out where he fit in the line up so I can see him improving on those numbers slightly. I don't mind Strome as their 3rd line center but I don't want to be paying him over 3 mill.

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716320 is a reply to message #716314 ]
Wed, 27 June 2018 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 27 June 2018 08:09

The AHL requires that you some AHL vets on your roster and playing and if you are letting go a bunch of vets they had last year, it's not the end of the world if they have Russell around.

I saw yesterday that the Pens signed Rust to a 4 yr, 3.5 per year deal which surprised me that the Pens would sign him for that much. Rust is 26, a winger and had 13 goals and 38 pts in 69 games. Rust is primarily a bottom 6 guy. I would have to think that his contract would roughly set the market for Strome which is a big time concern. Strome will be 25 in July, he's a center which in my opinion is worth more than a winger. He has some ability to play on both special teams. He put up 13 goals, 34 pts in 82 games. It took Strome and the Oilers time to figure out where he fit in the line up so I can see him improving on those numbers slightly. I don't mind Strome as their 3rd line center but I don't want to be paying him over 3 mill.

I wouldn't worry about that. Chiarelli won't let somebody else set the market.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716329 is a reply to message #716320 ]
Wed, 27 June 2018 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Wed, 27 June 2018 08:57

Strome's contract needs to start with a 2. I'd have no problem with a 1 or 2 yr dear as a show me. If he wants more, I'd look at trading him.

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716344 is a reply to message #716329 ]
Wed, 27 June 2018 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 27 June 2018 09:57

CrudeRemarks wrote on Wed, 27 June 2018 08:57

Strome's contract needs to start with a 2. I'd have no problem with a 1 or 2 yr dear as a show me. If he wants more, I'd look at trading him.

I believe his qualifying offer was 1 year, $3MM. I don't think he's signing a deal that starts with a 2.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716323 is a reply to message #716314 ]
Wed, 27 June 2018 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

I dont know how he has setup the model but Matt Cane created a full list of FA projections including RFA's

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q-Pnzfvmo_1hDlWu7WqJ HVyTZqy15386jVESKSOf0V4/edit#gid=0

He has been close on all of the signings so far including being only 3.2% off on Rust. Hopefully he is right on Strome as well as he has predicted 2 years /$2,570,183 AAV or a 4 year/$3,655,351 AAV

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716341 is a reply to message #716314 ]
Wed, 27 June 2018 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hitmen4  is currently offline hitmen4

No Cups

The AHL does not have a minimum number of vets you have to play, they have a max.

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716342 is a reply to message #716341 ]
Wed, 27 June 2018 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

hitmen4 wrote on Wed, 27 June 2018 12:37

The AHL does not have a minimum number of vets you have to play, they have a max.

Exactly right. It's a development league, so you could field a team entirely made up of 20 year olds if you wanted, but not a team with more than a handful of guys with over 260 pro games.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716345 is a reply to message #716314 ]
Wed, 27 June 2018 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

I thought that was actually a decent deal for Rust. He has good chemistry with Malkin. 2 time cup winner too :), and scored 6 and 7 goals in those cup runs.

40+ point pace guys have a going rate of 3-4M now. We're probably gonna pay 3.5 or so for Strome's 34 points in 82 games.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716370 is a reply to message #716345 ]
Wed, 27 June 2018 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PoolParty  is currently offline PoolParty

No Cups

We are also going to need players that we can make available during the Seattle expansion draft, Strome fits that bill nicely.

This forum has turned into a pessimistic cesspool of bitching and whining about the same topics consistently.

#Adam #Kr55 #CrusaderPi #inverno76

#RDOilerfan is possibly reformed, time will tell.

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716373 is a reply to message #716370 ]
Wed, 27 June 2018 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

PoolParty wrote on Wed, 27 June 2018 15:16

We are also going to need players that we can make available during the Seattle expansion draft, Strome fits that bill nicely.

I am of the opinion that while you have to keep the expansion draft in mind, it shouldn't make you not do a trade or sign a guy if that player makes them better for the next few seasons. At the end of the day, you will lose 1 player. If your team hasn't got to the point that it can withstand losing 1 guy who's probably a 3rd liner or a #4 or worse dman, you have big problems. Ideally you don't want any players with no moves unless you know they are locks to be on your team in 2 years. I think that as soon as the expansion draft comes, both Russell and Sekera's contracts will be up. I would be surprised if they are hear after this season anyway as their no moves go to modified next year. I also think that Lucic will be gone. Just a hunch but I think he will get traded.

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716380 is a reply to message #716373 ]
Wed, 27 June 2018 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 27 June 2018 16:33

I am of the opinion that while you have to keep the expansion draft in mind, it shouldn't make you not do a trade or sign a guy if that player makes them better for the next few seasons. At the end of the day, you will lose 1 player. If your team hasn't got to the point that it can withstand losing 1 guy who's probably a 3rd liner or a #4 or worse dman, you have big problems. Ideally you don't want any players with no moves unless you know they are locks to be on your team in 2 years. I think that as soon as the expansion draft comes, both Russell and Sekera's contracts will be up. I would be surprised if they are hear after this season anyway as their no moves go to modified next year. I also think that Lucic will be gone. Just a hunch but I think he will get traded.

Rude

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716384 is a reply to message #716380 ]
Wed, 27 June 2018 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 27 June 2018 20:43

Rude

I nominate this single word post as a "post of the year" candidate

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716386 is a reply to message #716384 ]
Thu, 28 June 2018 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Wed, 27 June 2018 22:53

Rude

If someone could compile all the (blanks) of the year nominations so we could have an Oilfans Award Show, that would be so nice.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716674 is a reply to message #716386 ]
Thu, 05 July 2018 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 28 June 2018 08:20

PlusOne wrote on Wed, 27 June 2018 22:53

Rude

If someone could compile all the (blanks) of the year nominations so we could have an Oilfans Award Show, that would be so nice.

That sounds like a job for Rocksteady. Anyone else compiles that list, and it will seem too sarcastic!

You sure don't want the #negativity crew picking those.

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716391 is a reply to message #716380 ]
Thu, 28 June 2018 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

Rude

#ded

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716673 is a reply to message #716391 ]
Thu, 05 July 2018 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

.....Strome is the only Oiler who can file for arbitration....today, July 5, is the last day to file for arbitration....

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl-deadline-to-file-for-arbitration-is-t oday-1.1131524

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716675 is a reply to message #716673 ]
Thu, 05 July 2018 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Thu, 05 July 2018 07:12

.....Strome is the only Oiler who can file for arbitration....today, July 5, is the last day to file for arbitration....

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl-deadline-to-file-for-arbitration-is-t oday-1.1131524

I don't mind seeing players file for arbitration. You have some certainty that they'll reach an agreement and there's no more risk of offer sheets once they file. 95% of the cases never get adjudicated anyhow and there's more of a science now than 20 years ago, so you don't have as many cases where there's massive animosity created by the process (ie. Milbury/Salo).

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716677 is a reply to message #716675 ]
Thu, 05 July 2018 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I see Jenner signed a 4 yr 15 mill deal with the Jackets. So a 3.75 mill per season average. He's 25. Jenner in 75 games this past year had 13 goals, 32 pts. The year before in 82 games he had 18 goals 34 pts. It's making me nervous for a Strome contract. Strome is going to be 25 next week. He in 82 games had 13 goals, 34 pts. In the previous year he had 13 goals, 30 pts in 69 games. So really similar points to Jenner.

I personally think you are paying too much money for Strome if he is more than 3.

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716678 is a reply to message #716677 ]
Thu, 05 July 2018 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

If i understand it correctly the qualifying offer had to be $3 mil per year. So that's the basement unless they do that reverse arbitration thing.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716679 is a reply to message #716677 ]
Thu, 05 July 2018 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 05 July 2018 08:32

I see Jenner signed a 4 yr 15 mill deal with the Jackets. So a 3.75 mill per season average. He's 25. Jenner in 75 games this past year had 13 goals, 32 pts. The year before in 82 games he had 18 goals 34 pts. It's making me nervous for a Strome contract. Strome is going to be 25 next week. He in 82 games had 13 goals, 34 pts. In the previous year he had 13 goals, 30 pts in 69 games. So really similar points to Jenner.

I personally think you are paying too much money for Strome if he is more than 3.

All the market comps are $3MM+ and his qualifying offer was at $3MM, so not likely he's going to make less. Only question is how long you want him for. If it's only 1-2 years, you can probably keep the cost down a little.

Nurse is probably the second highest paid d-man when all is said and done here.

There's $8MM cap space - I'd bet that Strome and Nurse eat up pretty much all of it. That still only gives us 22 roster players, so there's probably a very cheap 14th forward out there somewhere, unless the team somehow finds a way to free cap space and replace a body with someone who's more economical.

Interesting thought on the 14th forward - the Gryba buyout is probably a significant difference if you have a player at league minimum, or someone you can pay 50% more...

[Updated on: Thu, 05 July 2018 08:45]

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716680 is a reply to message #716679 ]
Thu, 05 July 2018 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 05 July 2018 08:44

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 05 July 2018 08:32

All the market comps are $3MM+ and his qualifying offer was at $3MM, so not likely he's going to make less. Only question is how long you want him for. If it's only 1-2 years, you can probably keep the cost down a little.

Nurse is probably the second highest paid d-man when all is said and done here.

There's $8MM cap space - I'd bet that Strome and Nurse eat up pretty much all of it. That still only gives us 22 roster players, so there's probably a very cheap 14th forward out there somewhere, unless the team somehow finds a way to free cap space and replace a body with someone who's more economical.

Interesting thought on the 14th forward - the Gryba buyout is probably a significant difference if you have a player at league minimum, or someone you can pay 50% more...

I wouldn't sign him for any longer than 1-2 years because when you have a guy in McDavid making what it would cost you for 2-3 really good NHLers, you have to find ways to save money in other areas. So you can't be spending big money on your bottom 6.

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716681 is a reply to message #716677 ]
Thu, 05 July 2018 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilPeg  is currently offline OilPeg

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 05 July 2018 09:32

Don't forget that Jenner scored 30 goals two years ago...yes, the last two years are more his average, but that 30 goal year can't be ignored.

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 02 June 2012 00:29

But he (Belanger)'s as soft as room temp. margarine.

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 16 March 2021 18:49

Turris in the BOA will be like an ice cube in the Sahara.

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716682 is a reply to message #716681 ]
Thu, 05 July 2018 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

1 Cup

OilPeg wrote on Thu, 05 July 2018 08:56

Don't forget that Jenner scored 30 goals two years ago...yes, the last two years are more his average, but that 30 goal year can't be ignored.

Technically, it would be 3 years ago. icon_wink

And Ryan Strome had a 50 point season once upon a time too.

I called this out as an issue when they first traded for Strome. The Oilers got no cost certainty beyond the year when Mcdavid was still on his ELC and therefore they didn't need (and as it turned out, didn't even use) the cap space.

So now they're going to be paying between $3-$4M for a guy that's going to score 30-ish points and doesn't PK or really contribute to the PP. This is not a rare player and they are not getting any kind of bargain for him. They essentially traded Eberle for nothing.

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716683 is a reply to message #716682 ]
Thu, 05 July 2018 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Goose wrote on Thu, 05 July 2018 10:28

I called this out as an issue when they first traded for Strome. The Oilers got no cost certainty beyond the year when Mcdavid was still on his ELC and therefore they didn't need (and as it turned out, didn't even use) the cap space.

So now they're going to be paying between $3-$4M for a guy that's going to score 30-ish points and doesn't PK or really contribute to the PP. This is not a rare player and they are not getting any kind of bargain for him. They essentially traded Eberle for nothing.

It really is amazing how many trades look below average in the moment and age even worse.
At a risk of being yet another poster branded as negative I actually have a form of sports fan PTSD every time my phone notifies me of a Score update that is Oiler related. I am at the point where it is more likely than not a deal that looks bad at first glance and in two years look seven worse.

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716685 is a reply to message #716683 ]
Thu, 05 July 2018 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Thu, 05 July 2018 10:53

It really is amazing how many trades look below average in the moment and age even worse.
At a risk of being yet another poster branded as negative I actually have a form of sports fan PTSD every time my phone notifies me of a Score update that is Oiler related. I am at the point where it is more likely than not a deal that looks bad at first glance and in two years look seven worse.

#PlusOne

Why can't you just believe in the plan, PlusOne? You don't know the future.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716687 is a reply to message #716683 ]
Thu, 05 July 2018 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

You could go glass half-full on this..."Yes, it sucks that we made this terrible signing/trade/decision today, but at least I don't feel as bad about this as I probably will in two years time, so let's enjoy the now!"

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716688 is a reply to message #716687 ]
Thu, 05 July 2018 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Thu, 05 July 2018 11:34

You could go glass half-full on this..."Yes, it sucks that we made this terrible signing/trade/decision today, but at least I don't feel as bad about this as I probably will in two years time, so let's enjoy the now!"

Not a bad idea. If I combine that with Pi's idea;

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 05 July 2018 11:07

#PlusOne

Why can't you just believe in the plan, PlusOne? You don't know the future.

Go full Carpe Diem

Ignore the past, it has no bearing on predicting the future.
Relish in the now, it could, and will, get worse.

Except that Plusone has been a nickname since well before I used it on OilFans I would change my user name here to embrace my new outlook.

#CarpeDiem4Life

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716725 is a reply to message #716688 ]
Fri, 06 July 2018 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Strome re-upped for 2 years. Haven't seen a $ value yet, but I'm guessing somewhere around $3.5

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/release-oilers-sign-strome/c -299426998

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716727 is a reply to message #716725 ]
Fri, 06 July 2018 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Fri, 06 July 2018 09:49

Strome re-upped for 2 years. Haven't seen a $ value yet, but I'm guessing somewhere around $3.5

That's about market value these days for a #3C that can put up 30-40 points.

I really didn't mind Strome when he actually got a stable spot as the #3C. I hope we get better PP coaching this year, maybe the guy could be a part of a decent 2nd unit.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716728 is a reply to message #716725 ]
Fri, 06 July 2018 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daftmonk  is currently offline Daftmonk

No Cups

Looks like $6.2M for 2 years, $3.1M AAV

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/oilers

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." — Bush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716730 is a reply to message #716728 ]
Fri, 06 July 2018 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Daftmonk wrote on Fri, 06 July 2018 09:57

eh..... Chia musta contracted out this negotiation.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716732 is a reply to message #716730 ]
Fri, 06 July 2018 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 06 July 2018 10:00

icon_lol Well, there's the Gryba buyout money, eh? A stroke of genius.

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716737 is a reply to message #716730 ]
Fri, 06 July 2018 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

icon_lol The Strome contract is actually pretty decent. 100K over qualifying on a 2 yr deal. Considering Jenner just signed for 4 yrs at 3.75 mill which I think is high and I just read an article written by McCurdy that Stromes numbers and Jenners numbers are virtually identical (Strome has 5 less games and 2 less points), I think Chia did a good job with this one.

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716739 is a reply to message #716737 ]
Fri, 06 July 2018 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 06 July 2018 11:00

icon_lol The Strome contract is actually pretty decent. 100K over qualifying on a 2 yr deal. Considering Jenner just signed for 4 yrs at 3.75 mill which I think is high and I just read an article written by McCurdy that Stromes numbers and Jenners numbers are virtually identical (Strome has 5 less games and 2 less points), I think Chia did a good job with this one.

...wonder who was saying yesterday..."I personally think you are paying too much money for Strome if he is more than 3."...

Re: Oilers Qualify 3; Nurse, Slepychev, Strome [message #716740 is a reply to message #716739 ]
Fri, 06 July 2018 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

3 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Fri, 06 July 2018 11:04

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 06 July 2018 11:00

...wonder who was saying yesterday..."I personally think you are paying too much money for Strome if he is more than 3."...

I would prefer Strome be under 3 mill personally but I want every player to come in cheaper than they usually are. But as I said and qualified my response with, considering Jenner just signed for 3.75 mill yesterday and they are virtually the same player, 3.1 mill is pretty good. By the looks of things, the Oilers just saved themselves 650K for a player who will probably put up similar numbers to Jenner. Is there something wrong with that?

Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Markus Granlund an Oiler, per Sportsnet
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #67)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca