F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » McDavid named a Ted Lindsay Award finalist
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 McDavid named a Ted Lindsay Award finalist [message #713977]
Fri, 27 April 2018 10:14 Go to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/connor-mcdavid-nathan-ma ckinnon-taylor-hall-named-finalists-ted-lindsay-award/

Along with MacKinnon and some other guy I never heard of.

Nice that players don't seem to follow a mantra that a player can't be great if the rest of his team isn't good. Doubting McDavid will be in the top 3 for the Hart.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Send a private message to this user  

Re: McDavid named a Ted Lindsay Award finalist [message #713978 is a reply to message #713977 ]
Fri, 27 April 2018 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Those are the 3 guys I would have picked. Hall got the Devils into the playoffs almost all by himself. If MacKinnon just has an average year, the Avs aren't even close. Then McDavid wins the art ross by 6 pts and is 6th in goals and he is the best player in the league. It's not just fault his team sucked this year.

Re: McDavid named a Ted Lindsay Award finalist [message #713981 is a reply to message #713977 ]
Fri, 27 April 2018 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 27 April 2018 10:14

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/connor-mcdavid-nathan-ma ckinnon-taylor-hall-named-finalists-ted-lindsay-award/

Nice that players don't seem to follow a mantra that a player can't be great if the rest of his team isn't good. Doubting McDavid will be in the top 3 for the Hart.

It is weird the NHL only announced two player nominations for the Lindsay. Aren't there usually three nominees?

Peter Chiarelli, General Disappointment.

Drink wine, fall faster, and fly. Fly, baby, fly.

Re: McDavid named a Ted Lindsay Award finalist [message #713983 is a reply to message #713981 ]
Fri, 27 April 2018 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 27 April 2018 10:27

It is weird the NHL only announced two player nominations for the Lindsay. Aren't there usually three nominees?

Yeah, I guess the NHL is just trying to mix things up, like with their broken up lottery winner announcements.

For the Hart too, it seems like there is a shot they will be leaving the 2017/18 entry on the trophy blank based on what a lot of the popular media guys have been saying.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: McDavid named a Ted Lindsay Award finalist [message #713987 is a reply to message #713983 ]
Fri, 27 April 2018 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 27 April 2018 10:40

Yeah, I guess the NHL is just trying to mix things up, like with their broken up lottery winner announcements.

For the Hart too, it seems like there is a shot they will be leaving the 2017/18 entry on the trophy blank based on what a lot of the popular media guys have been saying.

This is a smart move. The best player in the league finished ~47 points out of the playoffs, so I understand why no one can win the Hart this year.

Re: McDavid named a Ted Lindsay Award finalist [message #713988 is a reply to message #713987 ]
Fri, 27 April 2018 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 27 April 2018 10:52

This is a smart move. The best player in the league finished ~47 points out of the playoffs, so I understand why no one can win the Hart this year.

Jack Eichel is the best player in the league?

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: McDavid named a Ted Lindsay Award finalist [message #713989 is a reply to message #713988 ]
Fri, 27 April 2018 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 27 April 2018 10:59

He wasn't nominated for the Lindsay.

No no, I was speaking of the Oilers and Mr. McDavid. The playoff cut line was the Avs 95 points, but the Oilers were functionally eliminated in December when they had ~48 points. Ipso facto the Oilers missed the playoffs by roughly 47 points.

Re: McDavid named a Ted Lindsay Award finalist [message #713990 is a reply to message #713989 ]
Fri, 27 April 2018 11:07 Go to previous message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 27 April 2018 11:06

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 27 April 2018 10:59

He wasn't nominated for the Lindsay.

No no, I was speaking of the Oilers and Mr. McDavid. The playoff cut line was the Avs 95 points, but the Oilers were functionally eliminated in December when they had ~48 points. Ipso facto the Oilers missed the playoffs by roughly 47 points.

That's a pretty big miss. Clearly we deserve to win another lottery.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Previous Topic:Stauffer reveals what happened to the Oilers...
Next Topic:Pakarinen out
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2018.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca