This day on August 15
Acquired: Ken Solheim (1985)

Happy Birthday To: Oilforever, Smytty97, recon929, OvenChicken8

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pickPages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Wake up! [message #517221 is a reply to message #517220 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AY  is currently offline AY

1 Cup

At least get your facts straight here, OIV!

The Sunday afternoon game a few weekends back? It was on NBC I think. OV led WSH to a thrill-a-minute victory over the out-classed Penguins.

You really should have this good information handy when appreciating the NHL's greatest player, OV.

http://capitals.nhl.com/club/recap.htm?id=2009020870

Quick little stat that illustrates how far removed OV is from his peers?

Check out if you can his point totals on the road versus home. It's unreal. An' then think also of his comments post-game from his performance in EDM.

Again though, this thread is supposed to be about #37. I apologize. Not insecure sweetheart apologists.

[Updated on: Mon, 01 March 2010 20:52]

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Wake up! [message #517222 is a reply to message #517221 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilerinvan  is currently offline oilerinvan

1 Cup

AY wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 20:45

At least get your facts straight here, OIV!

The Sunday afternoon game a few weekends back? It was on NBC I think. OV led WSH to a thrill-a-minute victory over the out-classed Penguins.

You really should have this good information handy when appreciating the NHL's greatest player, OV.

Still don't recall what you are referring to.

That is really it though isn't it. Crosby is a winner and team player, and Ovechkin is an individually great player. One wins Stanley Cups and gold medals, and one wins a head nod on TSNs plays of the week.

Horcoff and MacIntyre rule.

Re: Wake up! [message #517223 is a reply to message #517221 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmc  is currently offline hmc

1 Cup

Head to Head:
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/5943/screenshot20100301at105.png

Definitive, no. In Crosby's favor, yes.

Then I'll just regress, because I feel I've made myself perfectly redundant.

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517145 is a reply to message #517095 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jdmckay  is currently offline jdmckay

No Cups

Rocksteady wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 15:58

jdmckay wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 15:55

OilMJMOil wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 15:11

Just got the alert from the tradecenter app on the iPhone

thanks for that, just downloaded it, gonna make Wed easier when I'm at work

You need an app? I get SMS texts from TSN and have had it for years or my stupid run of the mill flip phone.

Don't "need" an app, can just load the TSN site or signup for the texts, but the App shows all the trades and can stream the video of the Tradecentre... rock

Thanks for the heads up guys [message #517165 is a reply to message #517145 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joanie  is currently offline Joanie

No Cups

jdmckay wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 17:23

Rocksteady wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 15:58

jdmckay wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 15:55

OilMJMOil wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 15:11

Just got the alert from the tradecenter app on the iPhone

thanks for that, just downloaded it, gonna make Wed easier when I'm at work

You need an app? I get SMS texts from TSN and have had it for years or my stupid run of the mill flip phone.

Don't "need" an app, can just load the TSN site or signup for the texts, but the App shows all the trades and can stream the video of the Tradecentre... rock

Just downloaded my app too

Building For The Future

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517077 is a reply to message #517056 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marinermoose  is currently offline marinermoose

No Cups

I like it: Getting a 2nd round pick for a largely ineffective, relatively expensive, impending RFA on a team going nowhere? Good asset management. icon_thumbsup

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517080 is a reply to message #517056 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

Wow. Had plenty of upside, but probably had to go as he did not fit in with the coaching transition. Would've loved to keep the guy had Huddy still been around as an assistant coach.

Good news is Lubo stays unless he demands a trade this summer.

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517085 is a reply to message #517080 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oil22  is currently offline oil22

No Cups

In 2007 we traded M-A Bergeron and a 3rd for Grebeshkov, two years later we turn it into a 2nd, not too bad.

I like this deal because:

a) we get a second round pick, we need as many picks as possible for our rebuild.
b) we shave off $3.150 million off the cap.

wave Best of luck to Denis.

June 2006"Goalie's not good. Won't be back in the series."
June 2010 "With the historic first selection in the national hockey league draft 2010, I'm extremely excited to select ..."
FROM HEARTBREAK TO HOPE OIL COUNTRY CARRIES ON.

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517088 is a reply to message #517056 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

6 Cups

2nd round pick for Grebs... maybe that gives hope to Staios going for a 1st!? haha

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517089 is a reply to message #517056 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nickxero  is currently offline nickxero

No Cups

Seems like a BIT of a low return... but if he's an RFA this summer, he would NOT be worth the same money or contract.

Clean house Tambo!!!

"Put the kids in with a few old pappy guys who still like to win and the combination is unbeatable." -Conn Smythe

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517090 is a reply to message #517089 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cooney  is currently offline Cooney

No Cups

I like the idea of getting picks back in return. BUT, we have been horrendous with our scouting and draft day picks. Unless, we overhaul our scouting staff isn't this just a moot move?

5 picks in first 50.

Big Gulps eh?...........Well, cya later.

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517091 is a reply to message #517090 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
McDavid97  is currently offline McDavid97

1 Cup

I really like this and it saves us $2.5Million for next year.

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517092 is a reply to message #517091 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

1 Cup

So long, and thanks for all the heart attacks.

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517096 is a reply to message #517090 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hibernia  is currently offline Hibernia

1 Cup

Cooney wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 19:14

I like the idea of getting picks back in return. BUT, we have been horrendous with our scouting and draft day picks. Unless, we overhaul our scouting staff isn't this just a moot move?

5 picks in first 50.

Newsflash - Barry Fraser doesn't work here anymore. The last few picks seem to be very nice (Eberle, Gagner, MPS) and it's the current crop of scouts that are going to be continually responsible for this rebuild.

I can't say I'm torn up about the deal. A 2nd isn't bad, but given that the Preds are known for drafting good d-men, you'd think they'd be after one of their young prospects. This may be one of those where you have to evaluate it in conjunction with what comes down the next two days. At most, one of Souray or Visnovsky will be dealt now. But ya gotta get a good live body back for one of those guys if you deal 'em

Twitter: @AitchOil

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517118 is a reply to message #517096 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Hibernia wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 16:00

Cooney wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 19:14

5 picks in first 50.

Newsflash - Barry Fraser doesn't work here anymore. The last few picks seem to be very nice (Eberle, Gagner, MPS) and it's the current crop of scouts that are going to be continually responsible for this rebuild.

I can't say I'm torn up about the deal. A 2nd isn't bad, but given that the Preds are known for drafting good d-men, you'd think they'd be after one of their young prospects. This may be one of those where you have to evaluate it in conjunction with what comes down the next two days. At most, one of Souray or Visnovsky will be dealt now. But ya gotta get a good live body back for one of those guys if you deal 'em

With that much salary leaving it guarantees a live body coming back.

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517128 is a reply to message #517118 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

inverno76 wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 20:00

But ya gotta get a good live body back for one of those guys if you deal 'em

Well, a lot of people would've said that about Grebs and his $3M+ salary as well. Plus, that's why I said a "good" live body.

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517130 is a reply to message #517128 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rukm01  is currently offline rukm01

No Cups

Hibernia wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 16:47

Well, a lot of people would've said that about Grebs and his $3M+ salary as well. Plus, that's why I said a "good" live body.

Grebs isn't owed $3 million at this stage. They're only on the hook for a few paycheques, since he's a FA at season's end. Where live bodies often accompany deals is where teams have to start thinking about their next season's budget.

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517133 is a reply to message #517130 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
halesway  is currently offline halesway

No Cups

rukm01 wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 16:55

Hibernia wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 16:47

Grebs isn't owed $3 million at this stage. They're only on the hook for a few paycheques, since he's a FA at season's end. Where live bodies often accompany deals is where teams have to start thinking about their next season's budget.

He's an RFA and not a group 6 at that. He'd have to be qualified at the very least which means he's due 3.41 at the very least, unless they cut him loose.

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517230 is a reply to message #517133 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

halesway wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 20:30

He's an RFA and not a group 6 at that. He'd have to be qualified at the very least which means he's due 3.41 at the very least, unless they cut him loose.

Makes ya wonder if Nashville are just renting him. The return might make more sense. It's quite possible that the entire league agrees he's overpaid and this will set things right.

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517113 is a reply to message #517090 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Cooney wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 15:44

5 picks in first 50.

I know we need more time to evaluate our last few drafts, but we seem to have a few prospects with some high end potential and I have a hard time believing that we can screw up a top 2 pick this year.

I think we got fair value for Grebeshkov and Nashville is not a lock for a playoff spot. That pick could end up to be a nice early second rounder, especially when Grebeshkov starts turning over the puck.

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517116 is a reply to message #517113 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mullet  is currently offline Mullet

No Cups

inverno76 wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 16:27

Cooney wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 15:44

5 picks in first 50.

I know we need more time to evaluate our last few drafts, but we seem to have a few prospects with some high end potential and I have a hard time believing that we can screw up a top 2 pick this year.

I think we got fair value for Grebeshkov and Nashville is not a lock for a playoff spot. That pick could end up to be a nice early second rounder, especially when Grebeshkov starts turning over the puck.

I agree. I think we got fair value. I thought we would move Vish and Souray and go with Grebs/Gilbert LT but that isn't the case. Too bad as Grebs wants to be here and Vish wants out. Will have to see what else goes down.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher, smarter, faster and better looking than most people.

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517093 is a reply to message #517089 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

nickxero wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 15:39

Seems like a BIT of a low return... but if he's an RFA this summer, he would NOT be worth the same money or contract.

Clean house Tambo!!!
He's an RFA and would have had to have been qualified and that's going to make his contract just south of 3.5 million a year.
The contract doesn't go backwards at this stage, unless he was not qualified and was made a UFA.....at which point a team (and not the Oilers) could sign him for less.

Bye bye Denis and thanks for the second round draft pick.

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517105 is a reply to message #517093 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently online Adam

6 Cups

halesway wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 15:54

Clean house Tambo!!!
He's an RFA and would have had to have been qualified and that's going to make his contract just south of 3.5 million a year.
The contract doesn't go backwards at this stage, unless he was not qualified and was made a UFA.....at which point a team (and not the Oilers) could sign him for less.

To add to this thought, his agent is Mark Gandler, who's infamous for taking his clients to Russia if he doesn't get what he wants for them in the NHL. Grebeshkov has already gone that route once and you have to think it's a possibility for a lot of Russian players right now. The Oilers have protected themselves against losing him by grabbing something of value, and they've opened up a spot for one of their younger guys.

I'm not ecstatic about this deal by any means. I like what he brings when he's playing well...but I'm not broken up about it either.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517115 is a reply to message #517105 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 16:23

Clean house Tambo!!!

To add to this thought, his agent is Mark Gandler, who's infamous for taking his clients to Russia if he doesn't get what he wants for them in the NHL. Grebeshkov has already gone that route once and you have to think it's a possibility for a lot of Russian players right now. The Oilers have protected themselves against losing him by grabbing something of value, and they've opened up a spot for one of their younger guys.

I'm not ecstatic about this deal by any means. I like what he brings when he's playing well...but I'm not broken up about it either.

And just to add a bit more.....since coming over Grebs went from 950k to 1.5M to 3.1M....so what's the next step...I'll tell you want. Not with the Oil. Nashville is a team who's budget is to just make it over the minimum cap. Grebs fits perfect.

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517142 is a reply to message #517105 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 16:23

Clean house Tambo!!!

Bang on point about the KHL. I know some doubted that league when it started up, but there is ALOT of players who will always go where the money is, and I think it was a smart move by the Oilers to potentially side-step that risk.

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:17

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:00

The president thinks he has the ideal male body.
It's hard to disagree that he has the ideal male body.

Low return? [message #517188 is a reply to message #517089 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

This is jackpot city!

Welcome aboard!

Choo-choooooooo!

Seriously though, my understanding is this summer's draft will certainly NOT be one for the ages... that, I would think has alot to do with NSH parting with a second round pick.

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517112 is a reply to message #517056 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilerinvan  is currently offline oilerinvan

1 Cup

The best part is that with Grebeshkov on their team, that pick will get more and more valuable as the season goes on.

Horcoff and MacIntyre rule.

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517122 is a reply to message #517056 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

6 Cups

According to Dreger's twitter Hamhuis has been a topic discussed between Philly and the Preds. Says likely it will take likely Parent out of Philly.

http://twitter.com/darrendreger

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517127 is a reply to message #517056 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rukm01  is currently offline rukm01

No Cups

A second rounder sounds about right for Grebs. Showed flashes last year, but seems like ancient history now. Make way for Chorney. Younger, cheaper, and can't be all that much worse...

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517131 is a reply to message #517056 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MyBestGuess  is currently offline MyBestGuess

1 Cup

My first reaction to this was that trading a former 1st round draft pick who just last year was a very, very effective offensive player who played in the Olympics for a 2nd round draft pick seemed like not enough return.

After hearing Greggor mention that unless we (or now Nashville) gives him the obligatory raise on his current $3.15M salary and he does indeed become a UFA, a 2nd round pick seems decent.

Oilers Goal Horn
http://skreemr.com/link.jsp?id=6B5D44535654

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517180 is a reply to message #517131 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BigHead_41  is currently offline BigHead_41

No Cups

I agree. Did most of us not say that if Grebs wanted to stay with the team he would need to take a pay cut? Obviously Tamby saw that and got a feeling from him that he was going to bolt for the money. So he makes a smart move and goes out and gets something in return. Makes sense to me!

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517137 is a reply to message #517056 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clynch  is currently offline clynch

No Cups

Greb's reaction to the trade:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM&feature=playe r_embedded#

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517140 is a reply to message #517137 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oil22  is currently offline oil22

No Cups

What are the odds he gets a hat trick in the first game with his new team on Tuesday, considering they play the Oilers the odds are pretty high. icon_wink

June 2006"Goalie's not good. Won't be back in the series."
June 2010 "With the historic first selection in the national hockey league draft 2010, I'm extremely excited to select ..."
FROM HEARTBREAK TO HOPE OIL COUNTRY CARRIES ON.

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517143 is a reply to message #517140 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jimmer  is currently offline Jimmer

No Cups

oil22 wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 17:08

What are the odds he gets a hat trick in the first game with his new team on Tuesday, considering they play the Oilers the odds are pretty high. icon_wink

Perfect. One step closer to Hall. I hope he scores 5 goals.

“I wanna kiss you. I couldn't care less about the team struggguulliing…We're looking to make a noise now and ... I wanna kiss you!” – Joe Namath.

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517212 is a reply to message #517137 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigred75  is currently offline bigred75

No Cups

clynch wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 17:04

Greb's reaction to the trade:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM&feature=playe r_embedded#

Fantastic!!!

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517166 is a reply to message #517056 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dkb19  is currently offline dkb19

No Cups

Makes good money and drafting sense to me. I wish him the best, but hope the pick works out for us.

[Updated on: Mon, 01 March 2010 22:10]

5 Cups and counting.

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517172 is a reply to message #517166 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

3 Cups

Tambo just got $3.15 million to prove that he knows how to spend.

As to letting Grebs go, it may bite us in the ass, but today it seems like an okay trade, a year ago, it was not.

It is also a good idea because we have so many offensive d-men, and I think Plante is ready, he is a matador. Ole!

[Updated on: Mon, 01 March 2010 18:24]

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Nope... [message #517194 is a reply to message #517172 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

more like a pain in the ass.

Not up there that fateful/glorious spring when Carter and ol' #44 were shown the door... but close enough, boys!

Let the good times roll!

Re: Grebeshkov to Nashville for a 2nd round pick [message #517195 is a reply to message #517166 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Legion  is currently offline Legion

No Cups

The top left of your screen will read This day on March 1 Departed: Dennis Grebeshkov (2010)

Game Sold
www.twitter.com/steve_schulte

Lord have mercy! [message #517182 is a reply to message #517056 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

1 Cup

Finally the Oilers rid themselves of #37!

Some days are better than others, kind peoples!

Re: Lord have mercy! [message #517183 is a reply to message #517182 ]
Mon, 01 March 2010 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

4 Cups

AY wrote on Mon, 01 March 2010 22:08

Some days are better than others, kind peoples!

How was your day yesterday? Seeing the hockey God pot the Golden Goal? Must have hurt just a little, eh?
icon_lol

Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Nashville (Game #62)
Next Topic:Visnovsky reprimanded for stimulant
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca