This day on October 7
Acquired: Adam Bennett (1993)
Departed: Willy Lindstrom (1985) Ken Linseman (1991) Kevin Todd (1993) Mike Grier (2002)

Happy Birthday To: eugene, clorko

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Islanders (Game #15)Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Islanders (Game #15) [message #500427]
Mon, 02 November 2009 19:20 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

3 Cups

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Islanders to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Islanders (Game #15) [message #500431 is a reply to message #500427 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dfavel99  is currently offline dfavel99

No Cups

Nobody seen that coming.. SERIOUSLY!.. 93% picked Oilers to win..

Rod Philips totally ripping into the refs the whole night. Was it really that bad?.. I mean Oilers didnt even get a PP...

Oil Fan Since The Days Of The Great One!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Islanders (Game #15) [message #500450 is a reply to message #500431 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NotLeeFogolin  is currently offline NotLeeFogolin

No Cups

Hey, hey! .500 hockey. That's my boys. GOILERS!

Burke > Tambellini

No... [message #500451 is a reply to message #500431 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AY  is currently offline AY

1 Cup

I mean it's pretty pecuilar when an NHL team can go sixty minutes w/o one infraction but somehow NYI did.

Things like this I don't worry about. Hockey-types know this sorta thing evens out in the end.

Re: Review: [message #500434 is a reply to message #500427 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Superintendent  is currently offline Superintendent

1 Cup

93% of us (myself included) are idiots! Isles win despite the Oil being Heavy faves in the score prediction contest.

Oilers might want to revisit this "pay per view" strategy. To get a customer to pay for something, you usually need to offer something of value in return...not this garbage (or at least I assume it was a steaming pile based on what I've read about tonight's piss-poor effort)

Screw the flu excuse...the Islanders are a $44million cap hit and we are $59million...and we let them outshoot us 2 to 1 (admittedly we are without Souray's big number right now...but they are without Dipietro's).

Good on Tambellini Jr...8 shots...wow...

Okposo, Bailey, Tavares...that is a good young crop of forwards they have on the Island. I was going to make a comment about the lack of crowd on the highlights but I hear there is a baseball game on tonight.

Re: Review: [message #500435 is a reply to message #500434 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the flying stortini  is currently offline the flying stortini

No Cups

Oh Roli, I do remember you loving those tennis swings to clear the zone. Congratulations Old Bugger.

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z364/stortswasanoiler/Untitled-1.jpg中 RED DRAGONS 中
rukm01 wrote on Sun, 01 July 2012 21:54

Souray is a Duck is one letter away from being totally accurate.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Islanders (Game #15) [message #500436 is a reply to message #500427 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
huynh  is currently offline huynh

No Cups

Shots on goal: 23-37, in favor of the Islanders
Face offs: Oilers 22-33 Islanders

Down by 2 in the 3rd and this team managed to take only 6 shots on goal.. Not playing like a desperate team at all...

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Islanders (Game #15) [message #500437 is a reply to message #500436 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
azashi  is currently offline azashi

No Cups

huynh wrote on Mon, 02 November 2009 19:29

Shots on goal: 23-37, in favor of the Islanders
Face offs: Oilers 22-33 Islanders

Down by 2 in the 3rd and this team managed to take only 6 shots on goal.. Not playing like a desperate team at all...

What.

The ISLANDERS out-shot us by almost 2:1?

So how far do you think we'll make it in the AHL playoffs?

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Islanders (Game #15) [message #500439 is a reply to message #500437 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

3 Cups

Hemsky is an expert at passing...in to the opposition's skates.

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Islanders (Game #15) [message #500440 is a reply to message #500437 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the flying stortini  is currently offline the flying stortini

No Cups

I'm a die-hard fan.

Having said that, I am only giving the Oilers until this weekend to be over the flu.

A few more garbage games like this and it'll seem too much like the yearly battle for 8th, instead of being a team that stays in the top 8 for the season and gives the fans some excitement.

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z364/stortswasanoiler/Untitled-1.jpg中 RED DRAGONS 中
rukm01 wrote on Sun, 01 July 2012 21:54

Souray is a Duck is one letter away from being totally accurate.

Funny, eh? [message #500452 is a reply to message #500436 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Like we discussed the other night, the gameplan against the Oilers is pretty simple, straightforward. Until they can shake an agressive 2-1-2, look out.

The Oilers were piss poor in getting that outlet pass goin' in the neutral zone.

Really, gettin' back to NYI it's like THEY were the club hungry for the next goal.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Islanders (Game #15) [message #500441 is a reply to message #500427 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

5 Cups

I don't know where to begin, other than to say that the Islanders read the book on the Oilers' D. Apply pressure and you will get the puck.

Hemsky might have been the Oilers best player, didn't take much. I liked Jacques' game too.

Terrible officiating too, but not the story for the Oilers.

It's early in the year, not time to pull the chute cord.....but now 15 games into the season, I have to wonder if there isn't a concerted effort behind the scenes to address the glaring issues of personnel with this hockey team, injuries aside.

The team is supposedly long on "skill" but isn't getting skill from most of these little "skilled" players that don't ever win a battle. There is a tangible shortage of not only nastiness, but even competitiveness or battle. Couple this with maybe 2 guys on the D that are currently playing like NHLers and we have the 09-10 Edmonton Oilers.

Does it go up or down from here? I don't even want to consider the answer.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Islanders (Game #15) [message #500442 is a reply to message #500441 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ofer  is currently offline Ofer

No Cups

Personnel issues is correct....soooo many passengers on this team.

At what point does Patrick O'Sullivan get called out for being absolutely awful?

Our fans are pretty hard on Grebs and Gilbert but look at some of the forwards. I will list those that have not done a damn thing all year and look to me like dead weight;

O'Sullivan, Horcoff, COGLIANO, Moreau, Jacques (let's be serious), Pisani (Hurt, I don't care).

And I would consider myself a huge Horcoff apologist. Enough is enough, this team can't score unless they're playing at Rexall and even then it only seems to come in bunches.

The first 6 or 7 games were a joy to watch, now it's 08-09 all over again.

"And the fans do not like this one bit"

Yeah... [message #500453 is a reply to message #500442 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Quinn took a well aimed poke at #37 post-game but like I mentioned here earlier, those forwards hafta be more responsible too.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Islanders (Game #15) [message #500444 is a reply to message #500441 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beerfish Revisited  is currently offline Beerfish Revisited

1 Cup

K.McC#24 wrote on Mon, 02 November 2009 19:36

I don't know where to begin, other than to say that the Islanders read the book on the Oilers' D. Apply pressure and you will get the puck.

Hemsky might have been the Oilers best player, didn't take much. I liked Jacques' game too.

Terrible officiating too, but not the story for the Oilers.

It's early in the year, not time to pull the chute cord.....but now 15 games into the season, I have to wonder if there isn't a concerted effort behind the scenes to address the glaring issues of personnel with this hockey team, injuries aside.

The team is supposedly long on "skill" but isn't getting skill from most of these little "skilled" players that don't ever win a battle. There is a tangible shortage of not only nastiness, but even competitiveness or battle. Couple this with maybe 2 guys on the D that are currently playing like NHLers and we have the 09-10 Edmonton Oilers.

Does it go up or down from here? I don't even want to consider the answer.

We can't address the issues of this team, no one is going to trade for our underachievers that have big contracts. Some of these contracts are just killers. Our only really marketable guys on the back end that make big dollars are hurt. The Oilers are screwed for this year. We seem to be experts at giving the $ deals to guys who immediately play much worse than when they were signed.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Islanders (Game #15) [message #500445 is a reply to message #500444 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
E-townchamps  is currently offline E-townchamps

No Cups

thank god we fired MacT because all of those problem we had last year are long gone lmao

I think we're seeing that the problems with this team is less about MacT and more about the bums lacing up the skates

Hall-RNH-Eberle...future #1 line

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Islanders (Game #15) [message #500447 is a reply to message #500445 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beerfish Revisited  is currently offline Beerfish Revisited

1 Cup

E-townchamps wrote on Mon, 02 November 2009 19:47

thank god we fired MacT because all of those problem we had last year are long gone lmao

I think we're seeing that the problems with this team is less about MacT and more about the bums lacing up the skates

Yeah, that's why Penner is still a stiff. I say we give Quinn 50 or 60 games...or maybe 8 seasons.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Islanders (Game #15) [message #500448 is a reply to message #500447 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Beerfish Revisited wrote on Mon, 02 November 2009 20:24

Yeah, that's why Penner is still a stiff. I say we give Quinn 50 or 60 games...or maybe 8 seasons.

At least 8 seasons. Because you don't really know what you have with a coach until you miss the playoffs three times in a row with him.

East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Islanders (Game #15) [message #500502 is a reply to message #500447 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
E-townchamps  is currently offline E-townchamps

No Cups

Beerfish Revisited wrote on Mon, 02 November 2009 20:24

what about Quinn? should he be fired for the poor play of Grebs, Gilbert, Cogliano, Horcoff and others?

Hall-RNH-Eberle...future #1 line

I don't feel it necessary for us MacT-guys... [message #500455 is a reply to message #500445 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

to start jumpin' up and down. Fussin' over split hairs, y'know?

But this is the same group who drove him nuts last year and before too... Quinn's getting a Grade AAA lesson on what it's like.

Re: I don't feel it necessary for us MacT-guys... [message #500511 is a reply to message #500455 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

AY wrote on Mon, 02 November 2009 20:49

to start jumpin' up and down. Fussin' over split hairs, y'know?

But this is the same group who drove him nuts last year and before too... Quinn's getting a Grade AAA lesson on what it's like.

It was TIME for the MacT ship to sail, there's no denying that. Good Gad, no one can look at this as some kind of vindication for MacTavish....Hockey logic finally took it's course when MacT was let go. That was Phase 1 (ie "you can't fire all the players"). Now comes Phase 2 - What are the players like under a new coaching regime? Soon it will be Phase 3 - Moving the deadwood out, and moving whatever other assets are required to get the types of players required.

Again, we knew that the first half of this season would be a time of discovery for the coaching staff and management. The true deadwood on the team will be exposed, and management will make whatever changes they are able to in the coming months. There's a lot of tinkering that's going to take place. I've gotta think it begins when the back end gets healthy.

There will (should) be a small "skilled" forward, a veteran 3rd/4th liner, and a "puck-moving" D-man either wearing 77 or 37 leaving this lineup in deals this season or at the latest in the offseason.....either in small packages or a large deal. Who knows.....maybe a couple of the sacred cows on the team might be in play. In my opinion, there is little to be lost. I think Quinn & Renney will be heavily consulted in terms of what they're looking for and who is expendable in their minds, after a reasonable period of time.

My only regret is that the coaching change didn't happen half a season earlier, it would have been nice for the organization to start retooling that much quicker.

We are witnessing a struggle to adapt on the part of several of MacT's old faves, that much is true. If it continues, expect some of the old guard to be moved (if possible).

What is really evident is how marginal the Oilers are in terms of depth at some positions. 2 injuries to veteran Dmen and the team is in trouble because the guys left can't play the big minutes on D and turn the puck over under modest pressure. (Some thought Staios was the liability!!!!!!) One utility player with some sand goes down (Stone), he can't be replaced in the organization and it shows. There is a plethora of small soft forwards with little or no grit, however. Management's task is to find more balance in these respects.

Well... [message #500515 is a reply to message #500511 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

with #37 on the hook for what he is, and Gilbert with his contract... put youself in Tambellini's shoes?

It ain't as easy as it seems.

Depth on the Oilers, as mentioned previously... loyal readers to the Big Time will attest, is a media-driven fabrication.

Re: Well... [message #500532 is a reply to message #500515 ]
Tue, 03 November 2009 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

AY wrote on Mon, 02 November 2009 23:51

with #37 on the hook for what he is, and Gilbert with his contract... put youself in Tambellini's shoes?

It ain't as easy as it seems.

Depth on the Oilers, as mentioned previously... loyal readers to the Big Time will attest, is a media-driven fabrication.

No one said it was easy, and it's compounded by the level of play of the two right now....but these are some of the assets the Oilers have that others may want. The team is very unbalanced and management will seek to correct that. 77 and 37 are assets that will likely be in play. Maybe these deals don't happen, but you can bet they're not sitting idly by.

Re: Well... [message #500533 is a reply to message #500532 ]
Tue, 03 November 2009 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

4 Cups

What I don't get is Horcoff has been stinking up the joint as 1C for well over 100 games. They put Gagner in there, and the first game exceeded all expectations. Next game wasn't very good, so back to Horcoff? Horcoff gets a couple hundred attempts but Gagner gets 2? How about O'Sullivan or Brule? Someone else - for more than 2 games.

Re: Well... [message #500538 is a reply to message #500533 ]
Tue, 03 November 2009 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Mikey wrote on Tue, 03 November 2009 09:23

What I don't get is Horcoff has been stinking up the joint as 1C for well over 100 games. They put Gagner in there, and the first game exceeded all expectations. Next game wasn't very good, so back to Horcoff? Horcoff gets a couple hundred attempts but Gagner gets 2? How about O'Sullivan or Brule? Someone else - for more than 2 games.

Well, the cart drives the horse too sometimes....he's got the big contract so he's the 1C. The organization can't deny that they're giving Horcoff every opportunity because he's the highest paid forward on the team. Even if someone else does well at 1C, that massive paycheque is going to gravitate back to that spot.

What's really damning is that one of the things that defines a top line player is a level of consistency. Usually if you are streaky or go through long droughts you find yourself lower on the depth charts. Consistency has never been a criteria for the Oilers under the Lowe regime, however.

Re: Well... [message #500541 is a reply to message #500533 ]
Tue, 03 November 2009 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Mikey wrote on Tue, 03 November 2009 09:23

Except last night, Horcoff wasn't the problem. His line played stronger than any other line we had. Horcoff himself hit a goal post. They were even on the night, but generated most of the scoring chances that the team had. There's just no way to put the loss last night on Horcoff, or to really suggest that Gagner (who had a terrible night and finished -2) would have been the missing ingredient to beating Roloson. He did play most of the third period with Hemsky and Penner after Horcoff was hurt though.

There's lots to talk about in last night's game, but Horcoff really wasn't one of the stories. And he definitely wasn't one of the major factors in the loss.

Grebeshkov, Chorney, Nilsson and Gagner were the weakest players in the lineup for us last night by my count.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Well... [message #500542 is a reply to message #500541 ]
Tue, 03 November 2009 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 03 November 2009 12:57

Except last night, Horcoff wasn't the problem.

Maybe not, but he sure as hell is not the answer. And if Horcoff IS the answer - then a different question needs to be asked.

I'm not saying he's a liability - i don't think he is. But I also KNOW that he does not belong on the top line.

Re: Well... [message #500548 is a reply to message #500542 ]
Tue, 03 November 2009 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Mikey wrote on Tue, 03 November 2009 10:05

Adam wrote on Tue, 03 November 2009 12:57

Except last night, Horcoff wasn't the problem.

Maybe not, but he sure as hell is not the answer. And if Horcoff IS the answer - then a different question needs to be asked.

I'm not saying he's a liability - i don't think he is. But I also KNOW that he does not belong on the top line.

Who cares? That line successfully outchanced the opposition all night last night. The first line was not an issue. Two of our defence were awful last night, and Gagner and Nilsson didn't play well at all. They pretty much never won a puck battle all night. The fourth line, despite the goal, didn't look very good either.

Mentioning Horcoff as if he cost us the game last night is just a witch hunt at this point. There's just no way to say that him between Penner and Hemsky had any real negative impact on this game, or that if anyone else had been between those two guys, we definitely would have scored more. They had plenty of chances, but Roloson and the goalposts got the best of them.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

I Think It's High.... [message #500597 is a reply to message #500541 ]
Tue, 03 November 2009 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTR17  is currently offline BTR17

No Cups

...time to demand more from Shawn Horcoff.

I am not sure that going game by game, shift by shift is the way to evaluate this guy's own play and the effect he has on others. I think the discussion needs to move to what's best for this team long-term. The past and present demonstrate that a winning hockey team is not in the cards with 10 as 1C. This is not a small sample.

The minutes he takes from any of the higher-ceiling kids - and yes, I'm speaking of Sam Gagner - are wasted. I'd like to see how Sully fares at C, too.

Gagner, certainly, has the potential to offer much more in that role. Horcoff has proven he does not belong - he with his Acme Anvil effect from the blue line in.

Why waste minutes on a non-performer? I think it's high time they take that ball away from Horcoff, and permanently.

Tougher to do when you've outlayed 30 million dollars, alas. But that's the Kevin Lowe/MacT legacy for this team.

"The Oilers are playing like they'd rather die than lose."

Mike Emerick, on-air, after the Game 3 win over Anaheim in the 2006 Western Conference Final.

Re: I don't feel it necessary for us MacT-guys... [message #500523 is a reply to message #500511 ]
Tue, 03 November 2009 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

2 Cups

Well said K.McC#24

The Quenny (patent pending) combo should not be judged until this team is what they need to be at the level they need.

To say that Quenny is responsible for the product on the ice is short sighted. It will be a while yet before the oilers become the oilers of old and they will under this new coaching regime!

Do I believe that? Check out my sig.

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Islanders (Game #15) [message #500443 is a reply to message #500427 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilersfan2  is currently offline oilersfan2

No Cups

If this team played a whole game, like they do in the last 2 minutes......they might actually win a game. No real drive at all tonight, for the first 58 minutes.

Shoot the puck!!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Islanders (Game #15) [message #500446 is a reply to message #500443 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
philly boy  is currently offline philly boy

No Cups

They should just play with no goalie for a full 60, at least that way we'll see some urgency and try in them. They'll actually put the puck on net and play like their livelihood depends on it.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Islanders (Game #15) [message #500454 is a reply to message #500446 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilersfan2  is currently offline oilersfan2

No Cups

Hit the net? LOL Oilers are lucky the Islanders put in that 1st goal....otherwise it would have been 4 out of 5 with zero goals for!!! doh

Shoot the puck!!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Islanders (Game #15) [message #500460 is a reply to message #500454 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nickxero  is currently offline nickxero

No Cups

Ethan Moreau is a special talent. Only he can play some of the worst hockey in the league and still manage to get on the scoresheet.

Please trade him. Please?

"Put the kids in with a few old pappy guys who still like to win and the combination is unbeatable." -Conn Smythe

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Islanders (Game #15) [message #500458 is a reply to message #500427 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shootsaverebound  is currently offline shootsaverebound

No Cups

Dear Edmonton Oilers,
Hi, this is SSR writing to you from Sherwood Park, AB. I just wanted you to know that I paid $15.00 of my hard earned money tonight to watch my favorite team play an NHL hockey game, but instead you showed a re-run of a game vs the Islanders from 2008.
If you could please refund my money it would be most appreciated as I am a valued customer and fan, and deserve to be treated with honesty and respect.

Thanks very much,
SSR

P.S. Horcoff is not a #1 center so if you could please make the necessary adjustments it would be great.

....... they say nothing gets done until you write a letter.

"But I say to you, Oilfans, breathe it in deeply...feel the pain and the shame and the anger...feel it all..." Mybestguess

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Islanders (Game #15) [message #500461 is a reply to message #500458 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nickxero  is currently offline nickxero

No Cups

Horcoff has to be legendarily awful to get off that line, I guess. Particularly or notably awful aren't enough justification it seems.

"Put the kids in with a few old pappy guys who still like to win and the combination is unbeatable." -Conn Smythe

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Islanders (Game #15) [message #500465 is a reply to message #500461 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

nickxero wrote on Tue, 03 November 2009 00:00

Horcoff has to be legendarily awful to get off that line, I guess. Particularly or notably awful aren't enough justification it seems.

Seriously. I was trying to be objective watching him out there, but he really is abysmal offensively. Nilsson, Gagner, Cogliano, O'Sullivan, Brule....all guys that have more offensive awareness and skill than our #1C. Not saying any of those guys is #1C material, but Horcoff looks absolutely brutal in the offensive zone. Doesn't seem to have a clue.

There was no Mr. Magoo'n it... [message #500468 is a reply to message #500465 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

tonight, that's fo' sure Mikey.

I'd give Brule a shot with The Penner and the enigmatic Hemsky.

Seriously.

Re: There was no Mr. Magoo'n it... [message #500470 is a reply to message #500468 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

AY wrote on Tue, 03 November 2009 00:24

tonight, that's fo' sure Mikey.

I'd give Brule a shot with The Penner and the enigmatic Hemsky.

Seriously.

I think you're the 1st person to suggest that, and honestly, I would LOVE to see that. The potential is there and you can see the skill at times...and he's not afraid to paste someone into the boards.

Yeah, I am actually... [message #500471 is a reply to message #500470 ]
Mon, 02 November 2009 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

1 Cup

but whatever.

They are arguments, some good some bad, in Gagner/core member Horcoff havein' exclusive rights to the number one centre responsibility but what does Quinn have to lose at this point?

To paraphrase Stauffer and the long, but not forgotten, Bomb?

Give 'im a ten minute stint! ; )

Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Rangers @ Edmonton (Game #16)
Next Topic:Peckham sent down
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca