This day on May 12
None

Happy Birthday To: left of center, Leopold_fan, cdnarcher, Oil_slick9416, addicted2oil

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Washington @ Edmonton (Game #26)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Washington @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #815002 is a reply to message #814997 ]
Tue, 06 December 2022 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Can someone explain to me this narrative I keep seeing on Twitter about JP apparently being asked to chase hits and it ruins his game? He's got 60 hits in 26 games, that's 2.3 a game. If you take out the Habs game where he got 8, that's 52 in 25 games. So BARELY over 2 hits a game. I looked up all his games. He has 6 games so far where he had zero hits, another 3 games with 1 and another 6 with 2. So 15 games in 26 he has 2 or less hits. So if it's true the coaching staff has asked him to chase hits and he's running around looking to drill guys, shouldn't he have more than 2 a game?

He's 6'4, well over 200 lbs so a big man and maybe the coach tells him to use his big frame to his advantage when he is digging for pucks to win a few puck battles from time to time and that throws his game off? I've seen all kinds of reasons why he's not producing and this is another example of a reason I don't get.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Washington @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #815003 is a reply to message #814952 ]
Tue, 06 December 2022 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

One more question - why is Jannmark getting the push with the top lines? So far, he's played in 12 games, with over half of those in a top-6 role. He's got 1-2-3, with just 10 shots on goal. Kostin has 1-0-1 in 10 games, but he has 17 shots and he's played pretty much exclusively in a depth role. Puljujarvi gets cycled down to the third line relatively easily but Jannmark has been a fixture the last few games.

The first couple of games I saw some creativity from both players, but there's been less lately - potentially when on a top line Jannmark is deferring too much? Whatever the case, I think the lack of production, even shot production, is a problem and would make me consider whether he should be up there or not.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Washington @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #815008 is a reply to message #815003 ]
Tue, 06 December 2022 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

I have no clue with Janmark. He’s been horrendous. I don’t see it with him either

Re: Review: Washington @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #815012 is a reply to message #814952 ]
Tue, 06 December 2022 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Thankfully those tickets were free. What a dud.

Team is missing too many forwards and there replacements are either not getting it done, or not being used in the right role. I see no reason why you don’t give Holloway a push right now. He skates and hits, but instead we get an extra dose of Janmark who’s not terrible but has 5% more offence than the black hole Puljujarvi.

Bouchard must of been talked to recently about being out of position. Sure he looked stupid on that dive at the puck, but he did eliminate the forehand shot and forced a pass to a wide open F3. If anyone needs some slivers, start with Barrie. He got walked by Protas multiple times. Bobbled how many pucks at the blue line. Ughhhh. And I didn’t win the 50/50…..

Re: Review: Washington @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #815050 is a reply to message #815012 ]
Wed, 07 December 2022 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Babaganoosh2.0  is currently offline Babaganoosh2.0

No Cups

inverno76 wrote on Tue, 06 December 2022 20:58

Team is missing too many forwards and there replacements are either not getting it done, or not being used in the right role. I see no reason why you don’t give Holloway a push right now. He skates and hits, but instead we get an extra dose of Janmark who’s not terrible but has 5% more offence than the black hole Puljujarvi.

Bouchard must of been talked to recently about being out of position. Sure he looked stupid on that dive at the puck, but he did eliminate the forehand shot and forced a pass to a wide open F3. If anyone needs some slivers, start with Barrie. He got walked by Protas multiple times. Bobbled how many pucks at the blue line. Ughhhh. And I didn’t win the 50/50…..

Starting to wonder if Pulu will ever break out. I remember being pissed we passed on Matt Tkachuk in 2016. He gave me Joni Pitkanen like vibes. Million dollar talent. Five cent brain and effort level.

Re: Review: Washington @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #815051 is a reply to message #815050 ]
Wed, 07 December 2022 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Babaganoosh2.0 wrote on Wed, 07 December 2022 14:35

inverno76 wrote on Tue, 06 December 2022 20:58

Starting to wonder if Pulu will ever break out. I remember being pissed we passed on Matt Tkachuk in 2016. He gave me Joni Pitkanen like vibes. Million dollar talent. Five cent brain and effort level.

I heard the Oilers had planned to take Sergachev at #4 or trade down with Calgary but when Columbus shocked everyone and took Dubious and JP fell, they changed their plans right on the fly. Clearly the Columbus Finnish GM knew something about JP that other teams didn't.

Re: Review: Washington @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #815013 is a reply to message #814952 ]
Tue, 06 December 2022 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

I am not going to criticize McDrai. Sure they need to commit a lot more to their own end, but where are the ‘give an effs’ from everyone else yesterday (except Nuge)?

If you’re a plug then do something other than chase a puck. Try throwing a hit. Crash the net. Be better.

Re: Review: Washington @ Edmonton (Game #26) [message #815055 is a reply to message #815013 ]
Wed, 07 December 2022 15:23 Go to previous message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 07 December 2022 04:01

I am not going to criticize McDrai. Sure they need to commit a lot more to their own end, but where are the ‘give an effs’ from everyone else yesterday (except Nuge)?

If you’re a plug then do something other than chase a puck. Try throwing a hit. Crash the net. Be better.

I agree. We are still basically a 5 person team when Kane is healthy.

We need help from the bottom 6 and the defense needs to be better. End of story. Losing last game with how good Skinner was. Just insane

Better take tonight

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #27)
Next Topic:Pregame: Washington @ Edmonton (Game #26)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca