This day on April 28
None

Happy Birthday To: Oilerfan in Tulsa, rrathel716

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Mike Smith Injury UpdatePages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: If e're lRe: Mike Smith Injury Update [message #797379 is a reply to message #797374 ]
Fri, 14 January 2022 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

This is actually getting almost comical at this point. I think the Oilers should consider getting Smith near some Omicron patients while he is hurt because you know as soon as his thumb heals, he will get covid.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: If e're lRe: Mike Smith Injury Update [message #797384 is a reply to message #797379 ]
Fri, 14 January 2022 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 14 January 2022 13:29

This is actually getting almost comical at this point. I think the Oilers should consider getting Smith near some Omicron patients while he is hurt because you know as soon as his thumb heals, he will get covid.

Not a bad idea actually.

I think you can make the argument that if a goalie's injuries are the groin, knee, hip, hamstring, type.. something that might be related to a lack of flexibility, you might be able to attribute it to age.. but Smith getting his thumb bent back is just a normal wear and tear injury. I won't hang this recent IR stint on "old age", and the ankle injury previous to that was caused by a collision, so even that one wasn't solely a flexibility issue, i.e. "old age". I'd be more concerned with reduced reaction time with age, but Smith seems to be relatively OK in that department, Koski less so.

[Updated on: Fri, 14 January 2022 15:22]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: If e're lRe: Mike Smith Injury Update [message #797386 is a reply to message #797384 ]
Fri, 14 January 2022 15:33 Go to previous message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 14 January 2022 15:20

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 14 January 2022 13:29

Not a bad idea actually.

I think you can make the argument that if a goalie's injuries are the groin, knee, hip, hamstring, type.. something that might be related to a lack of flexibility, you might be able to attribute it to age.. but Smith getting his thumb bent back is just a normal wear and tear injury. I won't hang this recent IR stint on "old age", and the ankle injury previous to that was caused by a collision, so even that one wasn't solely a flexibility issue, i.e. "old age". I'd be more concerned with reduced reaction time with age, but Smith seems to be relatively OK in that department, Koski less so.

Obviously I don't want anyone to get sick but the way it's going and these injuries being sort of fluke things, I fully expect him to come back from an injury, practice once, then go into protocol. Just how it's going this year.

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Oilers Claim G Stalock off waivers
Next Topic:McDavid and Draisaitl selected to All-star team
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca