This day on October 7
Acquired: Adam Bennett (1993)
Departed: Willy Lindstrom (1985) Ken Linseman (1991) Kevin Todd (1993) Mike Grier (2002)

Happy Birthday To: eugene, clorko

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » 2021 Game Thread (OOT)Pages (26): [ «  <  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780744 is a reply to message #780733 ]
Mon, 22 March 2021 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 22 March 2021 18:35

Hmmm...the Sutter Flames doing a very Ward Flames thing tonight and losing to the Ottawa Senators. Filip Gustavsson with his first career win as All-Star Anton Forsberg backs him up in an all-Swede super-duo.

I have to think the Eric Francis story is that it’s Gaudreau’s fault.

Yep, " Gaudreau's poison in the room.. " LOL!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Send a private message to this user  

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780732 is a reply to message #771823 ]
Mon, 22 March 2021 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

4 Cups

Flames lose (cuz of course) and the Ottawa goalie gets his first win (first start). So the Flames D Andersson tries to walk off the ice with the puck. Brady Tkachuk chases him all the way to the gate off the ice and the guy finally drops the puck. Matt Tkachuk then fires it back up the ice.

Stay classy Calgary.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780783 is a reply to message #780732 ]
Tue, 23 March 2021 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

1 Cup

NetBOG wrote on Mon, 22 March 2021 19:32

Flames lose (cuz of course) and the Ottawa goalie gets his first win (first start). So the Flames D Andersson tries to walk off the ice with the puck. Brady Tkachuk chases him all the way to the gate off the ice and the guy finally drops the puck. Matt Tkachuk then fires it back up the ice.

Stay classy Calgary.

Here's the video: https://streamable.com/la0kt6

What a loser.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780785 is a reply to message #780783 ]
Tue, 23 March 2021 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

5 Cups

JPro wrote on Tue, 23 March 2021 11:11

Stay classy Calgary.

What a loser.

Kneeo the captain just gliding by, showing true leadership. The Turtle wears an A, doesn't he. These are good people, no? When will the Karma wheel come around with a special delivery for the Flames?

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780786 is a reply to message #780785 ]
Tue, 23 March 2021 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Tue, 23 March 2021 11:24

JPro wrote on Tue, 23 March 2021 11:11

Stay classy Calgary.

What a loser.

Kneeo the captain just gliding by, showing true leadership. The Turtle wears an A, doesn't he. These are good people, no? When will the Karma wheel come around with a special delivery for the Flames?

They were just tired. Isn’t that what Sutter said postgame?

That team missing playoffs is all the karma I want to see. As much disdain as I have for certain fLames players, I don’t truly want anyone hurt. Though, number 4, 5 and 19 could use some attitude adjusting moments.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780936 is a reply to message #780783 ]
Wed, 24 March 2021 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Ha ha ha ha! Calgary loses to Ottawa again.

Sutter just can’t shake the Ward out of that team!!!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780741 is a reply to message #771823 ]
Mon, 22 March 2021 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

1 Cup

I just made a compilation vid of our favourite Flames defensman, feel free to share to family and friends.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780743 is a reply to message #780741 ]
Mon, 22 March 2021 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Mon, 22 March 2021 20:17

I just made a compilation vid of our favourite Flames defensman, feel free to share to family and friends.

He’s such a pretender. Guy is a joke.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780745 is a reply to message #780743 ]
Mon, 22 March 2021 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 22 March 2021 19:21

Anderson is the biggest cream-puff on that team, total pretender, Strudwick even mentioned it on a show once..

Oh man Nurse tagged him full-on the face at least twice at the end of that one.. lol
Like a poodle yapping at a Doberman Pinscher

[Updated on: Mon, 22 March 2021 21:28]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780746 is a reply to message #780745 ]
Mon, 22 March 2021 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

1 Cup

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 22 March 2021 20:27

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 22 March 2021 19:21

Anderson is biggest cream-puff on that team, total pretender, Strudwick even called him out on that on a show once..

Oh man Nurse tagged him a full-on the face at least twice at the end of that one.. lol
Like a poodle yapping at a Doberman Pinscher

Stauffer has brought up this incident before as well on his show. He mentions how this idiotic move pretty much derailed Hunter Smith’s career. They were so hell bent on getting revenge on Nurse they made sure he was in the lineup during that pre season.

I was at that game here at the ‘Dome, it was a good tilt but Nurse ended up breaking Smith’s nose and I’m not even sure we heard from Hunter Smith ever again.

It was that fight that had that infamous smile by Nurse as Smith is shoving his fingers in Nurse’s mouth.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780751 is a reply to message #780746 ]
Mon, 22 March 2021 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Ah, nice to see the #SutterEffect kicked in at the end there trying to keep the kid from getting the game puck. Still working on purging the Wardness of the team during gametime though.

[Updated on: Mon, 22 March 2021 22:38]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780747 is a reply to message #771823 ]
Mon, 22 March 2021 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Like you needed any confirmation that the Flames are a total D-Bag team, Gustavson gets his first NHL win, a Sens player (Tuchuk) tries to get the game puck for him, Anderson knows this and picks up the puck tries to take it with him, ref intervenes, gets him to drop the puck, and then Turtle fires the puck across the ice.. Total D-bags.
Found this on Lowetide..
https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/status/1374174121643241473

[Updated on: Mon, 22 March 2021 20:47]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780756 is a reply to message #780747 ]
Mon, 22 March 2021 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 22 March 2021 20:46

Like you needed any confirmation that the Flames are a total D-Bag team, Gustavson gets his first NHL win, a Sens player (Tuchuk) tries to get the game puck for him, Anderson knows this and picks up the puck tries to take it with him, ref intervenes, gets him to drop the puck, and then Turtle fires the puck across the ice.. Total D-bags.
Found this on Lowetide..

Advantage fLames

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780761 is a reply to message #780756 ]
Tue, 23 March 2021 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 22 March 2021 21:16

Found this on Lowetide..

Advantage fLames

The nomination for the NHL D-Bag of The Year, player and Team

Need to start a poll for the The D-Bag Cup!
Both Player and Team Awards.. winners need to do a shooter of vinegar and water?

Need a name..
The Tkachuk Cup? .. hmm.. too easy...

.. get back to ya..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780768 is a reply to message #780761 ]
Tue, 23 March 2021 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 23 March 2021 01:20

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 22 March 2021 21:16

Found this on Lowetide..

Advantage fLames

The nomination for the NHL D-Bag of The Year, player and Team

Need to start a poll for the The D-Bag Cup!
Both Player and Team Awards.. winners need to do a shooter of vinegar and water?

Need a name..
The Tkachuk Cup? .. hmm.. too easy...

.. get back to ya..

Tkacup?

East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780770 is a reply to message #780768 ]
Tue, 23 March 2021 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

6 Cups

With no Oilers game, I used my hockey watching time to take in some of the Lames game. In a game they absolutely had to have, a rookie goalie who was probably 4th on the depth chart, maybe lower looks like a vezina winner. icon_lol

Sens who are in the bottom 5 and loaded with rookies, played lock down defense against what should be a desperate team. Lames tie it up late in the 3rd then their big free agent goalie fires out a rebound right up the middle on to a Sens stick and the Sen goes bar down to win it. My fav part was Kneeordano was sort of tying up Tierney, puck comes out, he swipes at it, misses it, falls down and his man fires it in. Couldn't have gone any better.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780797 is a reply to message #780770 ]
Tue, 23 March 2021 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

3 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 23 March 2021 08:37

With no Oilers game, I used my hockey watching time to take in some of the Lames game. In a game they absolutely had to have, a rookie goalie who was probably 4th on the depth chart, maybe lower looks like a vezina winner. icon_lol

Sens who are in the bottom 5 and loaded with rookies, played lock down defense against what should be a desperate team. Lames tie it up late in the 3rd then their big free agent goalie fires out a rebound right up the middle on to a Sens stick and the Sen goes bar down to win it. My fav part was Kneeordano was sort of tying up Tierney, puck comes out, he swipes at it, misses it, falls down and his man fires it in. Couldn't have gone any better.

I watched too. Loved how Lucic was out there in the final minutes. Can't think of a more "clutch" player.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780799 is a reply to message #780797 ]
Tue, 23 March 2021 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Tue, 23 March 2021 12:36

I watched too. Loved how Lucic was out there in the final minutes. Can't think of a more "clutch" player.

What's crazy is Lucic has been one of their better players. The radio guys and I don't mean Francis have been saying he's been playing well for them and one of the few guys bringing it and trying every night which is a big part of their problem. When a grossly overpaid 4th line player is one of your best guys and the coach feels compelled to play him because no one else who should be better than him is going, that's a big big problem and exhibit A of why the Lames are where they are.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780800 is a reply to message #780799 ]
Tue, 23 March 2021 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

4 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 23 March 2021 15:43

What's crazy is Lucic has been one of their better players. The radio guys and I don't mean Francis have been saying he's been playing well for them and one of the few guys bringing it and trying every night which is a big part of their problem. When a grossly overpaid 4th line player is one of your best guys and the coach feels compelled to play him because no one else who should be better than him is going, that's a big big problem and exhibit A of why the Lames are where they are.

He actually seems to be skating a lot better than during his time here. He's no McDavid, but he looks to be lumbering a lot less.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780801 is a reply to message #780800 ]
Tue, 23 March 2021 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Mike wrote on Tue, 23 March 2021 12:44

He actually seems to be skating a lot better than during his time here. He's no McDavid, but he looks to be lumbering a lot less.

That's what having a 30+ captain can do for you. I can't wait to see the Oilers in 6 years.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780802 is a reply to message #780801 ]
Tue, 23 March 2021 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Tue, 23 March 2021 12:47

That's what having a 30+ captain can do for you. I can't wait to see the Oilers in 6 years.

I think the narrative that Lucic has been much better is totally overblown by a Calgary media desperate to portray that as a big win for them - especially given that his no-move clause means he can't be exposed to Seattle even this summer (not that they'd likely be in a hurry to take him). His production is marginally better than it was last year, but he's still on pace to put up 3rd liner production at best.

I sure don't miss him here, even though James Neal is about as much of a waste of a roster spot.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780807 is a reply to message #780802 ]
Tue, 23 March 2021 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 23 March 2021 13:08

I think the narrative that Lucic has been much better is totally overblown by a Calgary media desperate to portray that as a big win for them - especially given that his no-move clause means he can't be exposed to Seattle even this summer (not that they'd likely be in a hurry to take him). His production is marginally better than it was last year, but he's still on pace to put up 3rd liner production at best.

I sure don't miss him here, even though James Neal is about as much of a waste of a roster spot.

I am not sure if you have the chance to watch a lot of the Lames games but Lucic is actually one of their better players most nights. Production wise he doesn't accomplish a lot but he's one of the few that seems to care and try on their team which is most likely the reason why they are so bad. If Lucic and his extremely limited and not overly productive skill set ends up being one of your best players most nights, you won't win very often which they don't.

I love that he is a bit of a stand out on their team, just shows how much they suck. icon_biggrin

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780819 is a reply to message #780807 ]
Tue, 23 March 2021 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 23 March 2021 13:37

I am not sure if you have the chance to watch a lot of the Lames games but Lucic is actually one of their better players most nights. Production wise he doesn't accomplish a lot but he's one of the few that seems to care and try on their team which is most likely the reason why they are so bad. If Lucic and his extremely limited and not overly productive skill set ends up being one of your best players most nights, you won't win very often which they don't.

I love that he is a bit of a stand out on their team, just shows how much they suck. icon_biggrin

I think hockey fans are notorious for thinking that churning your legs and occasionally running in to someone is an indication of care level and decent (or even strong) performance.

Production is what matters. Lucic is getting 3rd line ice time and 2nd PP unit time and he's producing like a low end third liner. That's not particularly impressive.

Gaudreau, Lindholm and Tkachuk are producing points at double the rate. Monahan only slightly less than that. Lucic is their 8th best forward in points, 9th in shots, 8th in points per game. He isn't really a factor, and he's far from one of their better players. He's second in hits though, so I guess there's that!?

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780827 is a reply to message #780819 ]
Tue, 23 March 2021 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 23 March 2021 14:41

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 23 March 2021 13:37

I think hockey fans are notorious for thinking that churning your legs and occasionally running in to someone is an indication of care level and decent (or even strong) performance.

Production is what matters. Lucic is getting 3rd line ice time and 2nd PP unit time and he's producing like a low end third liner. That's not particularly impressive.

Gaudreau, Lindholm and Tkachuk are producing points at double the rate. Monahan only slightly less than that. Lucic is their 8th best forward in points, 9th in shots, 8th in points per game. He isn't really a factor, and he's far from one of their better players. He's second in hits though, so I guess there's that!?

You really don't need to quote stats to me about his lack of production in an effort to try to convince me about Lucic. I am literally laughing at the Lames in my posts and I love the fact they have a coach who thinks it's a good idea to play Lucic 17 mins last night, almost 2 mins more than Tkachuk. He actually thinks playing Lucic that much will help him win. Sutter even felt the need to dress Rinaldo, an AHL goon last night too. Hell yes!! keep it going Sutter. I am wanting to see the Lames when on the PP doing the old drop back pass that all the teams seem to do to Lucic to try to gain the zone.

My biggest concern actually is that Sutter won't realize what he is doing and keep playing Lucic and Ritchie and Rinaldo so the Lames keep losing and they get a better draft pick. I want them to win some games so they finish in 5th in the division and get some mediocre draft pick.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780828 is a reply to message #780819 ]
Tue, 23 March 2021 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 23 March 2021 13:41

I know I keep banging this drum, but he's also been on the ice for the most goals against 5x5 of any of the Flames forwards, despite being 7th in 5x5 ice time. His GA/60 (3.94) is more than double that of known slacker/defensive liability/non-200 foot player Johnny Gaudreau (1.85).

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/playerteams.php?fromseason= 20202021&thruseason=20202021&stype=2&sit=5v5& ;score=all&stdoi=oi&rate=y&team=CGY&pos=F&am p;loc=B&toi=0&gpfilt=none&fd=&td=&tgp=41 0&lines=single&draftteam=ALL

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780829 is a reply to message #780828 ]
Tue, 23 March 2021 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Goose wrote on Tue, 23 March 2021 15:27

I know I keep banging this drum, but he's also been on the ice for the most goals against 5x5 of any of the Flames forwards, despite being 7th in 5x5 ice time. His GA/60 (3.94) is more than double that of known slacker/defensive liability/non-200 foot player Johnny Gaudreau (1.85).

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/playerteams.php?fromseason= 20202021&thruseason=20202021&stype=2&sit=5v5& ;amp ;score=all&stdoi=oi&rate=y&team=CGY&pos=F&am p;am p;loc=B&toi=0&gpfilt=none&fd=&td=&tgp=41 0&lines=single&draftteam=ALL

Offensive players are gonna trade chances. Milan “the Franchise” Lucic might be trending the wrong way right now but it’ll come around.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780831 is a reply to message #780829 ]
Tue, 23 March 2021 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Tue, 23 March 2021 15:34

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/playerteams.php?fromseason= 20202021&thruseason=20202021&stype=2&sit=5v5& ;amp ;amp ;score=all&stdoi=oi&rate=y&team=CGY&pos=F&am p;am p;am p;loc=B&toi=0&gpfilt=none&fd=&td=&tgp=41 0&lines=single&draftteam=ALL

Offensive players are gonna trade chances. Milan “the Franchise” Lucic might be trending the wrong way right now but it’ll come around.

I'd be playing Lucic at center. They could use a big, line driving player in the top 6.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780832 is a reply to message #780828 ]
Tue, 23 March 2021 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/playerteams.php?fromseason= 20202021&thruseason=20202021&stype=2&sit=5v5& ;amp ;score=all&stdoi=oi&rate=y&team=CGY&pos=F&am p;am p;loc=B&toi=0&gpfilt=none&fd=&td=&tgp=41 0&lines=single&draftteam=ALL

Look at that PDO, 0.970. Looch has just been unlucky. He's due for a huge positive swing. They should play him with Johnny Hockey so lil'Johnny can benefit from it.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780833 is a reply to message #780832 ]
Tue, 23 March 2021 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 23 March 2021 15:45

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/playerteams.php?fromseason= 20202021&thruseason=20202021&stype=2&sit=5v5& ;amp ;amp ;amp ;score=all&stdoi=oi&rate=y&team=CGY&pos=F&am p;am p;am p;am p;loc=B&toi=0&gpfilt=none&fd=&td=&tgp=41 0&lines=single&draftteam=ALL

Look at that PDO, 0.970. Looch has just been unlucky. He's due for a huge positive swing. They should play him with Johnny Hockey so lil'Johnny can benefit from it.

Did you not see that Lucic pass last night? Right on the tape to Johnny, seconds later, top corner. ELITE pass!

That line needs a name.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780863 is a reply to message #780833 ]
Tue, 23 March 2021 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 23 March 2021 15:53

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/playerteams.php?fromseason= 20202021&thruseason=20202021&stype=2&sit=5v5& ;amp ;amp ;amp ;amp ;score=all&stdoi=oi&rate=y&team=CGY&pos=F&am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;loc=B&toi=0&gpfilt=none&fd=&td=&tgp=41 0&lines=single&draftteam=ALL

Did you not see that Lucic pass last night? Right on the tape to Johnny, seconds later, top corner. ELITE pass!

That line needs a name.

Sweet baby jesus. Just saw the replay, it was beautiful. Possibly the best pass of Lucic's career and no surprise which coach it happened playing for.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780883 is a reply to message #780863 ]
Wed, 24 March 2021 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 23 March 2021 22:32

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 23 March 2021 15:53

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/playerteams.php?fromseason= 20202021&thruseason=20202021&stype=2&sit=5v5& ;amp ;amp ;amp ;amp ;amp ;score=all&stdoi=oi&rate=y&team=CGY&pos=F&am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;loc=B&toi=0&gpfilt=none&fd=&td=&tgp=41 0&lines=single&draftteam=ALL

That line needs a name.

Sweet baby jesus. Just saw the replay, it was beautiful. Possibly the best pass of Lucic's career and no surprise which coach it happened playing for.

I saw the 2 on his jersey and thought I was looking at Leon for a second. That play should be on repeat on highlight reels.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780808 is a reply to message #780800 ]
Tue, 23 March 2021 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

5 Cups

With a moving start say between the blue line and the red line, he's not slow early in a shift. It's just starting, changing directions, general agility, and endurance that might be issues.
confused2

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780846 is a reply to message #780800 ]
Tue, 23 March 2021 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Tue, 23 March 2021 11:44

I tend to agree, he looks like he dropped some weight, and picked up a stride, looks faster, or "less noticeably slow".

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780849 is a reply to message #771823 ]
Tue, 23 March 2021 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NHL exposed:

J.R. Lind @jrlind
Lol the ref in Nash/Detroit just got caught on a hot mic admitting a penalty was a make-up call. “there wasn’t much but I wanted to get a f*king penalty against Nashville.” what a league
@nhl

Audio:
https://twitter.com/LMF1208/status/1374529861864263682?s=20

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780853 is a reply to message #780849 ]
Tue, 23 March 2021 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 23 March 2021 20:31

NHL exposed:

J.R. Lind @jrlind
Lol the ref in Nash/Detroit just got caught on a hot mic admitting a penalty was a make-up call. “there wasn’t much but I wanted to get a f*king penalty against Nashville.” what a league
@nhl

Audio:

I mean, we’ve all thought it at one point or another. We want refs at all levels to be as unbiased as possible, but they are human and as human they are prone to their own bias, unfortunately. But especially in a pro level, they need to be better or we’ll soon see linesmen being replaced by motion sensors in the pucks and blue lines with an ‘invisible electric fence’ at the blue line with automated whistle to catch offsides and robotic arm from the Jumbotron to drop pucks.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780855 is a reply to message #780853 ]
Tue, 23 March 2021 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

1 Cup

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 23 March 2021 20:46

NHL exposed:

J.R. Lind @jrlind
@nhl

Audio:

I mean, we’ve all thought it at one point or another. We want refs at all levels to be as unbiased as possible, but they are human and as human they are prone to their own bias, unfortunately. But especially in a pro level, they need to be better or we’ll soon see linesmen being replaced by motion sensors in the pucks and blue lines with an ‘invisible electric fence’ at the blue line with automated whistle to catch offsides and robotic arm from the Jumbotron to drop pucks.

Just like those "bubble" table hockey games they used to have in arcades! That would be awesome! ... as long as the puck doesn't hit someone on the head and cause a concussion of course! icon_biggrin

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780856 is a reply to message #780853 ]
Tue, 23 March 2021 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

NHL exposed:

J.R. Lind @jrlind
@nhl

Audio:

You'll never eliminate this but the nhl needs to foster a ref culture where they at least wouldn't tell one another they planned to do it.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780857 is a reply to message #780856 ]
Tue, 23 March 2021 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Tue, 23 March 2021 21:20

NHL exposed:

J.R. Lind @jrlind
@nhl

Audio:

You'll never eliminate this but the nhl needs to foster a ref culture where they at least wouldn't tell one another they planned to do it.

There is a slightly longer clip where he says he wanted to call nashville early in the period. Nashville scored on the one PP in the 1st period, so it makes sense that Peel comes out in the 2nd looking for a quick even up.

sigh... sad how much sense that it makes. yes we all know the refs do this all the time.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780859 is a reply to message #780857 ]
Tue, 23 March 2021 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 23 March 2021 21:25

NHL exposed:

J.R. Lind @jrlind
@nhl

Audio:

There is a slightly longer clip where he says he wanted to call nashville early in the period. Nashville scored on the one PP in the 1st period, so it makes sense that Peel comes out in the 2nd looking for a quick even up.

sigh... sad how much sense that it makes. yes we all know the refs do this all the time.

Like even if you decide you muffed a call, isn't it better to call the rest of the game as accurately as possible rather than inventing something to try to even it up? Refs are weirdos though.

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780871 is a reply to message #780857 ]
Wed, 24 March 2021 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 23 March 2021 20:25

NHL exposed:

J.R. Lind @jrlind
@nhl

Audio:

Finally, black and white audio proof what actually goes on in these guy's heads. This is regular practice. Refs have bias, its human nature, and the refs aren't afraid to exercise the free reign they have to accommodate it. NHL Corp. condones it. Explains why McDavid can't get a freaking call, refs have a bias, small people hate the greatness in other people, feel the need to bring them down to their mediocre level, its a power trip, Phycology 101.

PS.. you won't hear this story on Sportsnet or any other NHL media "partners"

[Updated on: Wed, 24 March 2021 02:01]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2021 Game Thread (OOT) [message #780873 is a reply to message #780871 ]
Wed, 24 March 2021 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan is currently online NZ Oiler Fan

2 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 24 March 2021 04:57

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 23 March 2021 20:25

NHL exposed:

J.R. Lind @jrlind
@nhl

Audio:

Finally, black and white audio proof what actually goes on in these guy's heads. This is regular practice. Refs have bias, its human nature, and the refs aren't afraid to exercise the free reign they have to accommodate it. NHL Corp. condones it. Explains why McDavid can't get a freaking call, refs have a bias, small people hate the greatness in other people, feel the need to bring them down to their mediocre level, its a power trip, Phycology 101.

PS.. you won't hear this story on Sportsnet or any other NHL media "partners"

As a former ref, this pisses me off.
I get it, we all make mistakes, but fabricating a call to even out the mistake is just bullcrap. Admit that you got it wrong, and continue to call the game to the rules to the best of your ability. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Same as if one team is constantly infringing and the other isn't. Keep penalizing the team that's infringing. If they keep doing it, keep penalizing them. The onus should be on them to start abiding by the rules, not for the ref to ignore the rules to allow them to continue breaking them.
Don't all of a sudden quit making the correct call, or even worse, fabricate a penalty against the other team to make it seem more fair.

I'd suspected for a while that there was an element of game management in the way the refs called NHL games, but to have that black & white proof of it is disappointing. I get it, it's an entertainment product, and close games are more exciting, but watching McDavid fly down the ice deking guys out of their jocks is exciting too, and when he can't do that because he has two 200lb anchors hanging off him, then how is that entertaining?

I REALLY hope that this gets picked up by the major media outlets and that the NHL has no choice but to do something about it, but I somehow doubt that'll happen.

Pages (26): [ «  <  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  >  »]  
Previous Topic:NHL Awards 2021
Next Topic:Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca