This day on April 27
None

Happy Birthday To: chickenman23, handsmatter94, TashOiler88

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #32)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #32) [message #725026 is a reply to message #725023 ]
Fri, 14 December 2018 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

On the bright side. I am really liking what Khaira is doing. I think I read he has 6 points in 7 games. The guy is big, can skate, seems to have some skill and seems to play WAY better with skilled players than on lower lines. I LOVED his goal and mostly because of that Puljujarvi did on that. I hope Hitch after that goal was in JP's ear pumping that kid up because man if he would do that more often, they might have the potential of a decent second line with those 2.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #32) [message #725029 is a reply to message #725023 ]
Fri, 14 December 2018 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 14 December 2018 09:57

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 14 December 2018 09:48

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 14 December 2018 08:39

Ragnarok73 wrote on Thu, 13 December 2018 20:46

I'm not blaming this on Talbot entirely, though I would rather have seen Koski take over after the 3rd goal. The Oil defense just leaked shots and chances all night, and you can't do that against a team that has the firepower that the Jets do. There is only so much Hitch can do when he has to work with inferior players like Garrison.

This is where I will say: Fire Chia, because he "gifted" Garrison and Wideman to this team.

I agree with you. I wasn't a big fan of the Laine goal. Laine got off a good shot from a good area but he didn't pick a corner. He put it right through Talbot. If your goalie is getting that much of a shot, that to me says you should have stopped it. The winner was a bad goal. An unscreened wrist shot from a non high danger scoring area from a guy who has a career high 7 goals, you have to stop that. I am thankful for most of his effort and he helped get them the point but when your team scores you 4 goals, you should win most of those games. But when your goalie has .875%, you aren't winning very often.

Pretty sure Gravel put on a perfect screen on Talbot for the Laine goal. Laine in the slot, goalie screened. If Laine shoots that puck in a place that isn't already covered by the goalie, it's going in. Talbot almost got lucky and had it hit him. If you don't want to get scored on, don't let guys like Laine get the puck wide open in your slot, and don't screen your goalie.

Koskinen let in worse goals than that against Colorado.

I think the attempt to designate goals as bad goals and expect none of them to go in is a fool's game. Every goalie lets in goals they would like to have back. Every single one. Even Hasek was beat by some long shots where he just missed. Fans excuse those goals for goalies that they like, and they focus on those goals for the goaltenders they mistrust. You have to look at the body of work. Last night, Talbot was likely exhausted by the OT, because he'd been standing in a shooting gallery. He certainly made a lot of saves, and probably outplayed the guy at the other end of the ice.

It's far from certain that game is any different with Koskinen in net.

I don't think any goalie would have saved us from at least going to OT in that game. The Jets pressure in the 3rd, they were not gonna stop until they tied that game. We had no answers, couldn't even get the puck out of our zone. When they scored, things finally calmed down a bit, but only because they got the tie.

The good news is, we get another fresh goalie that has been play well tonight. If McLellan was coach, Koskinen is likely playing a B2B game tonight, and his 13th straight start :) That is assuming McLellan and our garbage D systems did not already destroy his confidence by now.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Send a private message to this user  

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:GDT: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #33)
Next Topic:Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #33)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca