This day on April 27
None

Happy Birthday To: chickenman23, handsmatter94, TashOiler88

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600477 is a reply to message #600467 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

oobga wrote on Mon, 10 June 2013 14:37

Maybe it's just me, but Eakins seems to be talking about fitness and compete level as if the Oilers are very poor at both. I guess that would be based on what he saw from us last season... I wonder if that's what MacT thought of Krueger's job too, coaching a team towards having poor fitness and compete level.

When would he have had the chance to carefully study a lot of Oilers' games? He was a head coach of a farm team of a franchise in a different conference in a season where there was no inter-conference play.

His only exposure would be at the farm team level, where the Barons went further this year than the Marlies did.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Send a private message to this user  

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600478 is a reply to message #600477 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 10 June 2013 14:55

Maybe it's just me, but Eakins seems to be talking about fitness and compete level as if the Oilers are very poor at both. I guess that would be based on what he saw from us last season... I wonder if that's what MacT thought of Krueger's job too, coaching a team towards having poor fitness and compete level.

When would he have had the chance to carefully study a lot of Oilers' games? He was a head coach of a farm team of a franchise in a different conference in a season where there was no inter-conference play.

His only exposure would be at the farm team level, where the Barons went further this year than the Marlies did.

He maybe got that from MacT? :) I'm sure he would have watched some tape as well to start getting familiar with the team.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600479 is a reply to message #600478 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

oobga wrote on Mon, 10 June 2013 14:58

Adam wrote on Mon, 10 June 2013 14:55

He maybe got that from MacT? :) I'm sure he would have watched some tape as well to start getting familiar with the team.

Hard to accurately judge fitness levels from watching tape. Seems a funny comment to make. Maybe he ran in to Peckham on the way in to the press conference?

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600510 is a reply to message #600479 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ggibbs  is currently offline ggibbs

No Cups

I believe he is just stating his coaching philosophy. I don't think it is a comment on how things were done under the previous coaches in regards to character and fitness. I'm sure Coach Krueger had the same goals (all coaches do). However, I'm sure Eakins presented a different method on how to get the most in these areas and it resonated with MacT's beliefs.

Every Coach in the NHL has the same goals: compete, character, fitness and maximize player potential. They just vary slightly in their strategies for building these components.

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600488 is a reply to message #600467 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

No Cups

I have no basis to comment on the fitness level of pro athletes, but Joe Couchpotato has every right to say the compete level last year was pathetic most nights.

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600460 is a reply to message #600429 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mars  is currently offline Mars

No Cups

Mars wrote on Mon, 10 June 2013 07:35

There is one main thing that bugs me about the firing and that is why was the GM doing the interviews for the associate coach? Isn't it the head coach's job to fill out the coaching staff? If we are led to believe Krueger asked for an associate coach why was MacT so involved?

After hearing the press conference, let me rephrase my earlier post:

There is one main thing that bugs me about the firing & hiring and that is why was the GM, the assistant GM and the Prez doing the interviews for the associate coach?

Did Krueger first do a Skype or phoneinterview with Eakins and ask for permission from the braintrust only to have MacT load up the boys for a trip to Toronto to interview Eakins themselves?

Without commenting on Krueger vs Eakins, I just don't understand the process of hiring an associate head coach and why the entire hockey operations group is involved.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 June 2013 14:32]

Was MacT fired?

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600462 is a reply to message #600460 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Mars wrote on Mon, 10 June 2013 14:29

There is one main thing that bugs me about the firing and that is why was the GM doing the interviews for the associate coach? Isn't it the head coach's job to fill out the coaching staff? If we are led to believe Krueger asked for an associate coach why was MacT so involved?

There is one main thing that bugs me about the firing & hiring and that is why was the GM, the assistant GM and the Prez doing the interviews for the associate coach?

Did Krueger first do a Skype or phoneinterview with Eakins and ask for permission from the braintrust only to have MacT load up the boys for a trip to Toronto to interview Eakins themselves?

With commenting on Krueger vs Eakins, I just don't understand the process of hiring an associate head coach and why the entire hockey operations group is involved.

Bad. Management. Practices.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600491 is a reply to message #600462 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
v4ance  is currently offline v4ance

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 10 June 2013 14:30

With commenting on Krueger vs Eakins, I just don't understand the process of hiring an associate head coach and why the entire hockey operations group is involved.

So the NHL combine in Toronto last weekend had nothing to do with the entire Oilers management team being there? According to your interpretations, it was all just because they wanted to meddle with MacT's interview process.

It wasn't because it was convenient for them all to be around and want to meet, firsthand, a person who they'd be considering for a position with the Oilers. Because that would be too logical and totally beyond this incompetent management team's abilities to plan rationally and efficiently.

Jordan Eberle on his goal scoring: "A lot of guys joke that I have a muffin. Well, it's an accurate muffin, and that's all that counts."

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600495 is a reply to message #600491 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

v4ance wrote on Mon, 10 June 2013 17:00

So the NHL combine in Toronto last weekend had nothing to do with the entire Oilers management team being there? According to your interpretations, it was all just because they wanted to meddle with MacT's interview process.

It wasn't because it was convenient for them all to be around and want to meet, firsthand, a person who they'd be considering for a position with the Oilers. Because that would be too logical and totally beyond this incompetent management team's abilities to plan rationally and efficiently.

Whatever you think of Krueger, you have to admit, this looks a lot like the old story of a married guy who lines up his second wife while putting on a good show at home so his current wife doesn't even realize there's marital difficulties.

They decided to hire a head coach while telling their current head coach they were just interviewing for someone to go get him coffee. It's not a particularly honest approach.

Maybe it's the right move, but the way they've gone about it stinks.

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600496 is a reply to message #600495 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmc  is currently offline hmc

No Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 10 June 2013 19:31

Whatever you think of Krueger, you have to admit, this looks a lot like the old story of a married guy who lines up his second wife while putting on a good show at home so his current wife doesn't even realize there's marital difficulties.

They decided to hire a head coach while telling their current head coach they were just interviewing for someone to go get him coffee. It's not a particularly honest approach.

It could be that, but it could also be that Eakins, in his 4 hour interview with MacT and in the follow conversations, laid out exactly what he thinks Krueger did wrong last season - there's reams of data available to anyone that knows where to get it. Line deployment/matching, forechecking, PP, breakouts, etc. If Eakins is as prepared as everyone says he is, you'd think in a 4 hour interview they'd touch on stuff like that. The Oilers last season under Krueger were a considerably worse Fenwick Close team than in Renney's last year. That's coaching, cause the lineup was pretty much identical. I know we need a villain in Edmonton, but we're projecting a lot of that need onto MacTavish, who might not deserve it.

Then I'll just regress, because I feel I've made myself perfectly redundant.

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600513 is a reply to message #600495 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dkb19  is currently offline dkb19

No Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 10 June 2013 17:31

That's cold however it's played, but cold wins in our game.

5 Cups and counting.

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600508 is a reply to message #600491 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Could very well be, but what would the explanation be for the head coach not being part of the process, instead he's back home in Europe while MacT is interviewing candidates for someone on the coaching staff.

Was MacT fired?

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600511 is a reply to message #600508 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Mars wrote on Mon, 10 June 2013 23:17

Could very well be, but what would the explanation be for the head coach not being part of the process, instead he's back home in Europe while MacT is interviewing candidates for someone on the coaching staff.

Yeah. I'm not that torn up about the process and will be cautiously optimistic about Eakins just as I was with Krueger, but there is no denying that something doesn't add up. We don't necessarily need to know everything that goes on behind the scenes, but adding all the pieces together, the puzzle doesn't fit. But whatever.

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600536 is a reply to message #600511 ]
Tue, 11 June 2013 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Mike wrote on Mon, 10 June 2013 20:49

Mars wrote on Mon, 10 June 2013 23:17

Yeah. I'm not that torn up about the process and will be cautiously optimistic about Eakins just as I was with Krueger, but there is no denying that something doesn't add up. We don't necessarily need to know everything that goes on behind the scenes, but adding all the pieces together, the puzzle doesn't fit. But whatever.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not overly torn up about the process, or Krueger, either. The process just seems so wrong, especially for an organization that has been labelled one of the worst run organizations in North American sport. The braintrust go to the combines and the Head Coach doesn't come? The Head Coach suggests he needs to add an associate head coach and the GM and fellow braintrust do the interviews without the head coach being involved? Not exactly bringing an end to the dysfunction and, for me, seems to be par for the course since KLowe took over.

As for Eakins, well, I haven't seen any of his games and I don't follow the Marlies so I can't say if this hire is good, bad or indifferent. So I rely on what the majority of the media say, which all seems positive. So I'll give Eakins the benefit of the doubt but, for me, the gong show known as Oilers Management doesn't instill a lot of confidence (yet). As for Krueger, I don't think we was a good choice and I don't think he will get another chance at being a head coach in the NHL.

Was MacT fired?

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600472 is a reply to message #600429 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NugeisHuge  is currently offline NugeisHuge

No Cups

If Krueger was suppose to be helping find an associate coach why was he not here in the country and part of the interview process. I think Krueger knew when MacT was hired that there was a pretty good chance that he would not be back. Every GM wants HIS guy as the coach. This will be a good hire for this team. There was to many games this year where the team seemed to be confused on what to do as a team and started the game behind the eight ball right from the start.

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600473 is a reply to message #600429 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

For whatever it's worth, it's probably worth noting that Eakins felt this was the best situation for him to step into. I am not overly warm to Oilers management either, but it seems that Eakins had his choice of jobs and felt comfortable enough to choose Edmonton - even with the many recent turnovers in coaches.

There's a part of me that wonders if Eakins was always the guy they were after after they let Renney go.

May 17, 2012 - Tom Renney told he will not be returning to the Edmonton Oilers. (Sidenote: Same day the OKC Barons began their series against the Eakins-coached Toronto Marlies)
June 4, 2012 - Dallas Eakins re-signs with the Toronto Marlies.
June 27, 2012 - Ralph Krueger appointed head coach of the Edmonton Oilers.

Maybe they wanted Eakins last year but when he re-signed they looked for a replacement (having already let Renney go). Would explain why he was never "MacTavish's guy" and why they seemed kind of directionless (in my view) in their search for a new coach last summer before hiring Krueger in house.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 June 2013 20:53]

e Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600487 is a reply to message #600473 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jimmer  is currently offline Jimmer

No Cups

I've taken this approach when it comes to the Oilers and their treatment of players, coaches, and management over the past 5 years....

"No one has been screwed over more than the fans...if Quinn, Renney, Krueger, Tambo, Horcoff, Hemsky etc have been bent over...oh well...the fans have been taking it for years and HARD. Just win...don't care how...just make the playoffs and win."

Hope Eakins has a few tricks up his sleeve...he is going to need them.

“I wanna kiss you. I couldn't care less about the team struggguulliing…We're looking to make a noise now and ... I wanna kiss you!” – Joe Namath.

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600494 is a reply to message #600429 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

So just to be clear: We like Eakins. We liked Krueger. We don't like how the process went down. Krueger has said he was blindsided, but has moved on.

Is that about right?

How long should I let this bother me for before I can get excited about the new coach? Because I'm very excited about Eakins, and the offseason in general.

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600497 is a reply to message #600494 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

hmc wrote on Mon, 10 June 2013 17:29

So just to be clear: We like Eakins. We liked Krueger. We don't like how the process went down. Krueger has said he was blindsided, but has moved on.

Is that about right?

How long should I let this bother me for before I can get excited about the new coach? Because I'm very excited about Eakins, and the offseason in general.

I'm not excited about coaching any more. I always think it's over-rated, because I prefer coaches that get out of the way of talent, and most coaches won't do that because there's no kudos to the coach for just outscoring the opponent.

I see the biggest roles of the coach in the regular season to be in-game tactics (line matching, etc) and post-game teaching. Those are skills, and not everyone is created equal at those, but you'd like to think most in the NHL are going to be decent at both things. I don't agree with all the tactics used by MacTavish, Renney or Krueger - some personnel decisions especially - and I thought Quinn was really lacking on the in-game tactics...he seemed to coach as if it would take care of itself...however, I'm not thinking that I'll agree with all the player choices that Eakins makes either.

In the playoffs, coaches get to show a little more, planning a game plan to try to beat a team four of seven times, but it's been so long since the playoffs last were in Edmonton, I've almost given up hope of seeing them.

At the end of the day, I don't think that Krueger or Eakins will have made a monumental difference on where the team finishes next season. Eakins is highly touted, but so was Scott Arniel and Dale Hunter and several others who came out of other leagues and did nothing at the NHL level. I worry about him coming out of the Center of the Universe, because I think everything gets blown out of proportion there...nothing moreso than Nazem Kadri, who Eakins is now "responsible" for developing.

Out of interest, what really excites you about the hire?

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600498 is a reply to message #600497 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 10 June 2013 19:39

Is that about right?

I'm not excited about coaching any more. I always think it's over-rated, because I prefer coaches that get out of the way of talent, and most coaches won't do that because there's no kudos to the coach for just outscoring the opponent.

I see the biggest roles of the coach in the regular season to be in-game tactics (line matching, etc) and post-game teaching. Those are skills, and not everyone is created equal at those, but you'd like to think most in the NHL are going to be decent at both things. I don't agree with all the tactics used by MacTavish, Renney or Krueger - some personnel decisions especially - and I thought Quinn was really lacking on the in-game tactics...he seemed to coach as if it would take care of itself...however, I'm not thinking that I'll agree with all the player choices that Eakins makes either.

In the playoffs, coaches get to show a little more, planning a game plan to try to beat a team four of seven times, but it's been so long since the playoffs last were in Edmonton, I've almost given up hope of seeing them.

At the end of the day, I don't think that Krueger or Eakins will have made a monumental difference on where the team finishes next season. Eakins is highly touted, but so was Scott Arniel and Dale Hunter and several others who came out of other leagues and did nothing at the NHL level. I worry about him coming out of the Center of the Universe, because I think everything gets blown out of proportion there...nothing moreso than Nazem Kadri, who Eakins is now "responsible" for developing.

In truth, I probably like the idea of Eakins more than the man himself. You're right about coaching - I think a good coach is worth something like 2-3 extra wins a year, so I don't expect him to instantly make us better. But, if he's got a keen eye for the possession game that MacT is a fan of, then I think he'll at least dress the best available lineup more consistently than Krueger did, and ideally MacTavish will give him players not called Eager or Belanger or Hordichuk or Petrell or Brown or…etc.

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600505 is a reply to message #600498 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

No Cups

hmc wrote on Mon, 10 June 2013 17:44

Adam wrote on Mon, 10 June 2013 19:39

Is that about right?

In truth, I probably like the idea of Eakins more than the man himself. You're right about coaching - I think a good coach is worth something like 2-3 extra wins a year, so I don't expect him to instantly make us better. But, if he's got a keen eye for the possession game that MacT is a fan of, then I think he'll at least dress the best available lineup more consistently than Krueger did, and ideally MacTavish will give him players not called Eager or Belanger or Hordichuk or Petrell or Brown or…etc.

icon_lol Smithson gets etcetera'ed.

If coaching is worth a bit, what is making moves that sow seeds of distrust worth?

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600509 is a reply to message #600505 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Magnum wrote on Mon, 10 June 2013 21:54

icon_lol Smithson gets etcetera'ed.

If coaching is worth a bit, what is making moves that sow seeds of distrust worth?

Well, that depends. So far I see some fans crying about the mean man with the MBA firing the esoteric ex-pat, and the prettiest girl at the ball signing on for 4 years to coach here.

It's intangible, but so far I'd say we're still at "a bit".

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600507 is a reply to message #600494 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

hmc wrote on Mon, 10 June 2013 16:29

Is that about right?

Perfect summation.

Anyone can feel the way they want, if people are excited about Eakins then break out the champagne. Outside of 1st round draft day, the Oilers don't give us alot to be excited about. :)

I'm in the "why can't my team do anything the right and professional way?"

Eakins the jury is out for me. Sounds positive and like roses, but anything connected with Leafs-land always is by fans and media alike. While anything in the west (especially Edm) is always undersold.

I can see the headlines either way. "Eakins saved the Oilers, care of the Leafs!" or "Not even a true blooded Leaf in Eakins could save the Oilers." will be the postmortem from Ontario.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600518 is a reply to message #600507 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ronster  is currently offline ronster

No Cups

In short not really impressed.

Eakins said the right things in the press conference and most likely he answered every question the Management team threw at him with the exact answer what they wanted to hear.

{rant]

Fitness - um yah shouldn't everyone come to camp and be fit to play hockey (Im staring at you Peckham)? What is he also a fitness trainer as well?

Competiveness - Oilers havent been competing for the past couple years in games. No kidding we need that in the lineup?

Not really rocket science here?

[/rant]

This hiring wasn't about getting a coach to move the team in the right direction...it was about geting a coach to coach in THEIR direction. Someone they can control a bit more than say Krueger who has his own methodology / ideology.

Eakins seems to be pretty set in his ways, discarding what HE thought didn't work for other coaches and focused on what worked. Seems pretty one track minded...similar to Lowe and MacT. And his beliefs of what a hockey team should be probably fits the model of what Lowe and MacT wants.

The only way things change is if the lineup changes; fact is with similar lineups over the years we havent really budged out of our basement position. The message maybe different but the people stay the same. No coach is gonna change the culture. Eventually the players will tune him out if they are tired of the message.

My guess after two seasons we will be here talking about why Eakins was fired or why he left for personal reasons or some other excuse. Team will make marginal steps but be no closer to where they are today.

In other words, not really impressed.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 June 2013 23:32]

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600523 is a reply to message #600518 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

ronster wrote on Mon, 10 June 2013 23:27

This hiring wasn't about getting a coach to move the team in the right direction...it was about geting a coach to coach in THEIR direction. Someone they can control a bit more than say Krueger who has his own methodology / ideology.

Eakins seems to be pretty set in his ways, discarding what HE thought didn't work for other coaches and focused on what worked. Seems pretty one track minded...similar to Lowe and MacT. And his beliefs of what a hockey team should be probably fits the model of what Lowe and MacT wants.

See, I got the opposite impression. Eakins talked at length about coaching players rather than teams. He went into a lot of detail about how as a coach he felt it was important to get to know each player - over lunch, over coffee, whatever, just really get to know them as people - in order to best understand how to make THAT PLAYER become the best player that that he could be. He talked over and over again how players are different and need to be coached and empowered in different ways. To me, that doesn't scream "one-track mind" at all.

I'll add this: One thing that I like is that Eakins is a fresh voice in the room. They haven't had that since Pat Quinn. With Renney and Krueger they were both associate coaches before they were head coaches, and so although they got bumped up a rung in the organizational chart, they were still familiar voices and faces. Everyone was upset that the Oilers didn't look outside the organization for the GM position, but not much is mentioned that Eakins is a fresh voice with no previous connection to this team. I know some are implying that he is a mouthpiece for Lowe, but again, I think that cynicism getting in the way of clear thinking. They may share a common vision on what a team should look like, but Eakins had other offers and would have gone somewhere else if he wasn't going to be given the opportunity to coach his style. We'll see what happens in training camp, but my gut feeling is there is going to be a bit of fresh life in the club that we maybe haven't seen in a while (provided MacTavish does what he needs to this summer and clears some dead weight and brings in some key acquisitions).

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600524 is a reply to message #600523 ]
Tue, 11 June 2013 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ronster  is currently offline ronster

No Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Mon, 10 June 2013 22:59

See, I got the opposite impression. Eakins talked at length about coaching players rather than teams. He went into a lot of detail about how as a coach he felt it was important to get to know each player - over lunch, over coffee, whatever, just really get to know them as people - in order to best understand how to make THAT PLAYER become the best player that that he could be. He talked over and over again how players are different and need to be coached and empowered in different ways. To me, that doesn't scream "one-track mind" at all.

I'll add this: One thing that I like is that Eakins is a fresh voice in the room. They haven't had that since Pat Quinn. With Renney and Krueger they were both associate coaches before they were head coaches, and so although they got bumped up a rung in the organizational chart, they were still familiar voices and faces. Everyone was upset that the Oilers didn't look outside the organization for the GM position, but not much is mentioned that Eakins is a fresh voice with no previous connection to this team. I know some are implying that he is a mouthpiece for Lowe, but again, I think that cynicism getting in the way of clear thinking. They may share a common vision on what a team should look like, but Eakins had other offers and would have gone somewhere else if he wasn't going to be given the opportunity to coach his style. We'll see what happens in training camp, but my gut feeling is there is going to be a bit of fresh life in the club that we maybe haven't seen in a while (provided MacTavish does what he needs to this summer and clears some dead weight and brings in some key acquisitions).

In mentioning his observations of what worked and what didn't, it may have been more along the lines of what tactics other coaches used to motivate their players.

The comment on "one-track Mind" was more aligned with a vision of what he felt the players / team should be. Not necessarily how to motivate the players to achieve it. While he may employ the tactics of going to lunch, coffee, strippers, etc the common goal is still the same; get the players playing a game at a high compete and aggressive level. Not saying its a bad thing to play that way...

Yes Eakins possibly had other offers but let's face it...Lowe and MacT talked hockey situations and he felt comfortable, just like they did. Plus the fact of the talent and the upside and the fact if he can help resurrect the Oilers, he could write his own ticket, possibly. All win win for him.

Agree he will be a NEW voice in the room. I just cant see how that will be the answer. It comes down to the lineup.

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600500 is a reply to message #600429 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheJesman  is currently offline TheJesman

No Cups

I just hope Dallas isn't in over his head...Maybe being more fit will give us 3 periods of good hockey instead of 1 or sometimes 2

Adam Larsson 23
RNHopkins 23
Nail Yakupov 22
Oscar Klefbom 22
Darnell Nurse 21
Leon Draisaitl 20
Connor McDavid 19
Jesse Puljujarvi 18

The future looks bright...

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600502 is a reply to message #600429 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

From Gregor's interview (quotes gathered on Twitter):

Quote:

"There will be more accountability with the puck, and much more without it. Playing good defence won't limit offence...

If you get the right group of players together, they will motivate each other. They will hold each other accountable...

I want other teams to fear our skill, our speed and fear our physical play. I believe fighting will always be a part of our game...

You can't turn players into something they aren't. We want a commitment that they will compete hard, but we need to get some nastiness."

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600504 is a reply to message #600429 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
v4ance  is currently offline v4ance

No Cups

Just summing up a bunch of thoughts I heard or read around the internet

As Eakins mentioned, winning is the only consideration so if you lose, you open yourself to being fired as a coach. It's horrible for the players to have to learn a new system with a new coach again but until we find the right fit and the right systems, the firing of Krueger is justifiable, if cruel. I'll always be curious to see how Krueger could do with a full training camp to establish his stamp on a team. Maybe he'll get another chance in the NHL since the coaching carousel has a history of recycling...

Other than Hall, Eberle and RNH, Krueger's team regressed in many advanced metrics this year compared to Renney, the previous coach. Also, the long losing streak right when the Oilers were a few points out of the playoffs indicated that Krueger totally lost the team at the worst possible time. Both of these factors would be valid grounds for ANY GM to fire a coach, regardless of the length of tenure. All you have to do is look at Lamoriello's firing of Ftorek in 2000 or LA's cup win last year to see how that helped in some cases.

There could be a strong case made for giving a second chance for Krueger going into next season but that was entirely MacTavish's decision. He made it with the belief that the team would be better going forward and that was well within his duties as the General Manager. You can disagree with his decision but if he believes it improves our chances to win in the future, he has to do it or else he's doing a disservice to the team by not doing EVERYTHING he can.

Firings are a nasty job but how often can one say that it was handled "well"? Rather than dragging it out like Tambo did to Renney last year, it was quick and clean. Using a poker analogy, MacT went all in after the flop when he saw a hand he liked. Tambo hemmed and hawed, sticking around til the river and got outdrawn at the end. Ether strategy could have won but we've already had proof that Tambellini's tenative methods weren't working for this organization so why not give MacT a chance?

If Eakins wasn't available this year, I honestly believe we'd be talking about the newly hired Associate Coach of the Oilers right now. I'm also of the belief that it was a situation of "pro-Eakins" winning rather than "anti-Krueger" losing out. Circumstances and personalities just worked to create a perfect storm that made the decision clear in MacT's mind.

Rumors are that Eakins is signing a 4 year deal. Some posters here say that he'll be on a short lease but I think he'll get the same as Guy Boucher in Tampa. 2 years to show improvement because this is MacTavish's first hire and he'll go to the wall to try and make this work with Eakins. The only way Eakins gets fired in the first 2 years is if the team regresses even worse than under Krueger (back down to 30th) or if they go on a losing streak of over 10 games. There'll be extra leeway given from MacT in this next year because of the expectedly large turnover in the roster and the time needed for Eakins to get his system in place.

I'm placing my faith in Eakins strictly because he seems to have rescued some of the prospects that the Maple Leafs had sent down to the AHL. Kadri was sent down in a cloud of worry that he'd never figure out how to be an effective NHLer and came back after a year with Eakins as a bonafide first line option. We all knew about Joe Colbourne as a project when he was traded from the Bruins but he's also succeeded in finding his game as well under Eakins. Most of all, the second tier prospects (non-first rounders) such as Holzer, Frattin, Bozak, Gunnarsson, Stalberg, etc. have maximized their potential and become NHL players with some guidance from Eakins. If he can initiate that kind of strong development for the Oilers prospects, the Stanley Cup will be a guarantee, rather than just a yearly hope.

Eakins has a good knowledge of the Leafs prospects. Howson has had a great insight of all the Columbus players and many other NHLers. MacT has seen a lot of the Canuck's players and prospects. Lowe has scouted a lot of the players who volunteered for Team Canada for the Worlds. Surely that will be helpful to have this store of in depth intel on players that the Oilers could pick up in the offseason? Maybe we can cheaply pick up an unheralded or undervalued player from an opposing organization with all this inside info?

[Updated on: Mon, 10 June 2013 19:49]

Jordan Eberle on his goal scoring: "A lot of guys joke that I have a muffin. Well, it's an accurate muffin, and that's all that counts."

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600519 is a reply to message #600504 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilerPunch  is currently offline OilerPunch

No Cups

v4ance wrote on Mon, 10 June 2013 18:31

Just summing up a bunch of thoughts I heard or read around the internet

As Eakins mentioned, winning is the only consideration so if you lose, you open yourself to being fired as a coach. It's horrible for the players to have to learn a new system with a new coach again but until we find the right fit and the right systems, the firing of Krueger is justifiable, if cruel. I'll always be curious to see how Krueger could do with a full training camp to establish his stamp on a team. Maybe he'll get another chance in the NHL since the coaching carousel has a history of recycling...

Other than Hall, Eberle and RNH, Krueger's team regressed in many advanced metrics this year compared to Renney, the previous coach. Also, the long losing streak right when the Oilers were a few points out of the playoffs indicated that Krueger totally lost the team at the worst possible time. Both of these factors would be valid grounds for ANY GM to fire a coach, regardless of the length of tenure. All you have to do is look at Lamoriello's firing of Ftorek in 2000 or LA's cup win last year to see how that helped in some cases.

There could be a strong case made for giving a second chance for Krueger going into next season but that was entirely MacTavish's decision. He made it with the belief that the team would be better going forward and that was well within his duties as the General Manager. You can disagree with his decision but if he believes it improves our chances to win in the future, he has to do it or else he's doing a disservice to the team by not doing EVERYTHING he can.

Firings are a nasty job but how often can one say that it was handled "well"? Rather than dragging it out like Tambo did to Renney last year, it was quick and clean. Using a poker analogy, MacT went all in after the flop when he saw a hand he liked. Tambo hemmed and hawed, sticking around til the river and got outdrawn at the end. Ether strategy could have won but we've already had proof that Tambellini's tenative methods weren't working for this organization so why not give MacT a chance?

If Eakins wasn't available this year, I honestly believe we'd be talking about the newly hired Associate Coach of the Oilers right now. I'm also of the belief that it was a situation of "pro-Eakins" winning rather than "anti-Krueger" losing out. Circumstances and personalities just worked to create a perfect storm that made the decision clear in MacT's mind.

Rumors are that Eakins is signing a 4 year deal. Some posters here say that he'll be on a short lease but I think he'll get the same as Guy Boucher in Tampa. 2 years to show improvement because this is MacTavish's first hire and he'll go to the wall to try and make this work with Eakins. The only way Eakins gets fired in the first 2 years is if the team regresses even worse than under Krueger (back down to 30th) or if they go on a losing streak of over 10 games. There'll be extra leeway given from MacT in this next year because of the expectedly large turnover in the roster and the time needed for Eakins to get his system in place.

I'm placing my faith in Eakins strictly because he seems to have rescued some of the prospects that the Maple Leafs had sent down to the AHL. Kadri was sent down in a cloud of worry that he'd never figure out how to be an effective NHLer and came back after a year with Eakins as a bonafide first line option. We all knew about Joe Colbourne as a project when he was traded from the Bruins but he's also succeeded in finding his game as well under Eakins. Most of all, the second tier prospects (non-first rounders) such as Holzer, Frattin, Bozak, Gunnarsson, Stalberg, etc. have maximized their potential and become NHL players with some guidance from Eakins. If he can initiate that kind of strong development for the Oilers prospects, the Stanley Cup will be a guarantee, rather than just a yearly hope.

Eakins has a good knowledge of the Leafs prospects. Howson has had a great insight of all the Columbus players and many other NHLers. MacT has seen a lot of the Canuck's players and prospects. Lowe has scouted a lot of the players who volunteered for Team Canada for the Worlds. Surely that will be helpful to have this store of in depth intel on players that the Oilers could pick up in the offseason? Maybe we can cheaply pick up an unheralded or undervalued player from an opposing organization with all this inside info?

Wow clear, insightful and tempered. Are you sure you are posting on the right site
icon_wink
I agree wholeheartedly and believe that MacT is really trying to hit homerun and wants to get another ring or 2. We may not agree with his moves but if he is right then we enjoy some good hockey for the next few years. If he is wrong I'd rather watch something worthbtalking about rather than watching someone doing nothing.

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600520 is a reply to message #600519 ]
Mon, 10 June 2013 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
halfafrog  is currently offline halfafrog

No Cups

A big pile of dung to move this year again.

Let's hire someone else to do it, he might make a prettier pile for next year.

How is the repeat, rewind and repeat process helping?

Fire a coach, hire someone who says all the right things, fire him the next year.

Repeat. Keep all else the same.

Oh, and recycle an old fired coach as GM.

Wow. I can imagine the business schools will be studying this strategic brilliance for what not to do .....for decades.

So this is what hope feels like?

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600538 is a reply to message #600504 ]
Tue, 11 June 2013 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

[quote title=v4ance wrote on Mon, 10 June 2013 19:31]
Also, the long losing streak right when the Oilers were a few points out of the playoffs indicated that Krueger totally lost the team at the worst possible time. Both of these factors would be valid grounds for ANY GM to fire a coach, regardless of the length of tenure. quote]

I thought the losing streak was because Horcoff went down injured? icon_biggrin

[quote title=v4ance wrote on Mon, 10 June 2013 19:31]
I'm placing my faith in Eakins strictly because he seems to have rescued some of the prospects that the Maple Leafs had sent down to the AHL. Kadri was sent down in a cloud of worry that he'd never figure out how to be an effective NHLer and came back after a year with Eakins as a bonafide first line option. We all knew about Joe Colbourne as a project when he was traded from the Bruins but he's also succeeded in finding his game as well under Eakins. Most of all, the second tier prospects (non-first rounders) such as Holzer, Frattin, Bozak, Gunnarsson, Stalberg, etc. have maximized their potential and become NHL players with some guidance from Eakins. If he can initiate that kind of strong development for the Oilers prospects, the Stanley Cup will be a guarantee, rather than just a yearly hope. quote]

It's nice that Eakins developed prospects with the Marlies, but this isn't OKC. His job is to coach NHL level talent to win the Stanley Cup and to leave the prospect development to our AHL club. I'm tired of the Oilers being the development squad. Time will tell if Eakins can coach in the NHL or if he best suited to developing players in the minors.

Was MacT fired?

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600540 is a reply to message #600538 ]
Tue, 11 June 2013 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Boniman  is currently offline Boniman

No Cups

NHL'S NEW BREED OF COACHES GROWS WITH OILERS HIRING EAKINS

Dallas Eakins says it in a commanding but calm tone.

"We don't coach teams, we coach individuals."

They are words to live by for Eakins and the philosophy has earned him his first NHL head-coaching job with the Edmonton Oilers.

Eakins isn't alone in the individual approach. The 46-year-old, who got to this level thanks to his success with the Toronto Maple Leafs and Marlies, is part of a new breed of coaches who believe communication with players is key to getting the most out of them.

Call them players' coaches -- like Dan Bylsma in Pittsburgh or Adam Oates in Washington. Along with Eakins and many others, they're setting a new trend, taking a different approach than coaches did even 10 years ago.

"I think a lot of times it has to do with almost job survival," Montreal Canadiens forward Jeff Halpern said. "Most coaches aren't going to change their personalities for anything. But at the same time, you have such different types of athletes now and because the money is so great for young kids growing up, a lot of times you have to find ways to communicate with people."

That's not to say gruff coaches like Mike Keenan, John Tortorella, Lindy Ruff and Peter Laviolette can't communicate. Ruff spent 15 seasons in charge of the Buffalo Sabres and is considered a favourite to land another job soon.

But coaches need to evolve along with the players, says Islanders forward Brad Boyes.

"I think players are different the way you come up now," he said. "It used to be to yell and scream would get the best out of guys, that's the way it was because that's the way they had always been. Nowadays there's so much more involved. Agents are involved at young ages, parents are very involved at young ages. I think the kids are just brought up differently. You try to talk to them through adversity (rather) than trying to yell and scream to get the best out of them."

It's a trend that began before most of these coaches even considered their next steps after playing. During his 19-year career that spanned from the 1980s into the 2000s, Oates didn't like being yelled at. As he and others from the same generation step into coaching, those experiences have shaped their styles.

"There's no perfect animal. I just really feel that if I'm not happy with a guy, I don't have to yell at him to let him know," Oates said during the regular season. "I can talk to him. He's still a pro. You've got to be a pro. That's what we are. We're pros now, and it's a different game than before."

Oates' contemporaries include Kirk Muller of the Carolina Hurricanes, Kevin Dineen of the Florida Panthers, Peter DeBoer of the New Jersey Devils and Dave Tippett of the Phoenix Coyotes. And Eakins, who learned from the late Roger Neilson that he would have to make his mark as a coach because he "wasn't a very good player."

Whether or not a coach was a good player doesn't necessarily matter, though it doesn't hurt. Islanders forward Keith Aucoin played with the Marlies during the NHL lockout and cited Eakins' playing career as one reason he's able to get messages across so effectively.

"He knows when to get in somebody's face and he knows when a team's going through a tough stretch or a few tough games that it happens," Aucoin said. "He was so knowledgeable of how hard the game is and he knows what to do."

Aucoin said Eakins never yelled at him, but that was more because he was playing well. Players don't mind the tough love approach on occasion, he said, as long as there's some meaning behind it.

"I don't think it matters what approach you take, as long as the players respect the reasoning behind it and the hockey smarts behind it," said Halpern, who most recently played for Michel Therrien in Montreal and Tortorella in New York. "If you're ranting and raving for no reason, players tend to tune you out right away. But if you're smart about what you're saying, there's a purpose and players are able to kind of look at it and see that there's a purpose behind it and that it works, players will respond to it."

Halpern pointed out that even as Tortorella was combative with media members and stern with players, he wouldn't hesitate to be direct with his criticisms. Same goes for Therrien.

"Sometimes it's great when coaches are able to kind of express what they're thinking because as players a lot of times you're left to make it a guessing game," Halpern said.

For Eakins' players, there's no guesswork. Aucoin recalled his first meeting with Eakins and the simple message that he wouldn't treat the 34-year-old veteran any differently than his younger teammates like defenceman Jake Gardiner and centre Nazem Kadri.

Getting a lot out of those young players played a role in Eakins getting his first NHL head-coaching gig, Oilers general manager Craig MacTavish said. In hours-long interviews with Eakins, it was clear he was suited to run a team, MacTavish added.

Eakins makes no secret of how he views his job.

"People always ask about coaching the team and I correct them very quickly: We coach 23 to 25 individuals and it's an interesting job," Eakins said last week at the OHL awards ceremony in Toronto. "These individuals are delicate pieces of a machine, of a big engine, and they all need to be treated differently and handled with different care. A coach's job is to get to these individuals, find out what's happened in their past, what's going on in the present and where are we going to take these young men in the future."

In the NHL, some are not young men. Some are grizzled veterans with more than Eakins' 120 games of experience.

But that's where Eakins' approach proves valuable. Citing Eakins' words, Dale Hunter of the London Knights emphasized that coaching is coaching no matter how old players are.

"They all want to be on the first line, they all want to be on the first power play," Hunter said. "It's like, 'How are you going to get there? How are you going to stay there?' It's trying to get them better to certain levels. That's why you win."

There's nothing set in stone that only player-friendly coaches can win. Far from it. But as the league gets younger, progressive, less-aggressive coaches are enjoying more success.

"I think society's changed where you talk it out," said Hunter, who coached the Capitals for the bulk of the 2011-12 season. "You've got to talk to the players a lot more and communicate with them. a Now it's more teaching, communication, fundamentals."

In junior and then in the AHL, where Eakins built his reputation behind the bench, much of the job is teaching. In the NHL, that's only part of the complex list of responsibilities, which includes managing superstar egos.

Of course that only accentuates the importance of individual coaching, which could be vital to Eakins' success in Edmonton.

"I think Dallas said it best, you're coaching individuals, it's about finding how to get best out of every individual," Boyes said. "That's what good coaches now are trying to do."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=425185

I like the outlook of this. Just hope they leave alone to let him do his thing. Might be just what we need.

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600563 is a reply to message #600429 ]
Tue, 11 June 2013 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Good interview with Eakins by Gregor.

http://dlvr.it/3Vp0JC

But the fact he mentions consulting with Buchberger and Smith has me worried.

@JasonGregor: "I want teams to fear us," Dallas Eakins told me yesterday.

[Updated on: Tue, 11 June 2013 14:34]

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600566 is a reply to message #600563 ]
Tue, 11 June 2013 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Regulator  is currently offline Regulator

No Cups

Really awkward position to put a head coach in, same when Ralph came...if you are going to fire the head coach, why not the whole coaching staff like in Vancouver? If Smith and Bucky were deemed worthy to come back, then fine, but why put Eakins in a position to have to 'fire' the old assistant coaches when it should have been the job of Mac T to do that.

dkb19 wrote on Mon, 20 July 2009 13:05 (re: Horcoff)

He's like a mastercard comercial, alot of what he does is priceless.

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600568 is a reply to message #600566 ]
Tue, 11 June 2013 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

No no, MacT is in charge of hiring new assistant coaches, sometimes as the head coach. He's not in the business of firing them.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600575 is a reply to message #600566 ]
Tue, 11 June 2013 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Regulator wrote on Tue, 11 June 2013 17:43

Really awkward position to put a head coach in, same when Ralph came...if you are going to fire the head coach, why not the whole coaching staff like in Vancouver? If Smith and Bucky were deemed worthy to come back, then fine, but why put Eakins in a position to have to 'fire' the old assistant coaches when it should have been the job of Mac T to do that.

That's the thing. It's like the CEO hires you and your assistants are his kids. He tells you "you don't have to keep em if you don't want to" - kinda puts him in an awkward spot.

Like you say - clear the entire staff and let them re-apply for their jobs. If they are deemed the best candidates, fine. But don't put it on Eakins to show the door to the president and GM's friends of 30 years...

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600578 is a reply to message #600575 ]
Tue, 11 June 2013 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Mike wrote on Tue, 11 June 2013 14:29

Regulator wrote on Tue, 11 June 2013 17:43

That's the thing. It's like the CEO hires you and your assistants are his kids. He tells you "you don't have to keep em if you don't want to" - kinda puts him in an awkward spot.

Like you say - clear the entire staff and let them re-apply for their jobs. If they are deemed the best candidates, fine. But don't put it on Eakins to show the door to the president and GM's friends of 30 years...

If Eakins has the cajones to drop kick both before training camp, I will give him mad props and be a believer.

Somehow I think we'll get stuck with the "well... how about you try them for a few weeks..." and they are around for another bloody decade, well past Eakins' couple year stint.

Three things will survive nuclear apocalypse: cockroaches, twinkies, and Buchberger as Oilers asst coach.

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600590 is a reply to message #600563 ]
Tue, 11 June 2013 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

nullterm wrote on Tue, 11 June 2013 13:22

Ha! I heard that as well, I'm feeling better and better about this guy, and see why McT made the change, ...do you honestly think Krueger would ever conjure up those type of thoughts?

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600593 is a reply to message #600590 ]
Tue, 11 June 2013 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 11 June 2013 19:18

nullterm wrote on Tue, 11 June 2013 13:22

Ha! I heard that as well, I'm feeling better and better about this guy, and see why McT made the change, ...do you honestly think Krueger would ever conjure up those type of thoughts?

Renney and Krueger were "team toughness" and "grit", if I recall. Like asking the chess club to stand up for themselves against the bullies.

Saying "fear us" is curb stomping the first guy that looks at you funny in prison.

I like.

BUT... the proof will be in the on ice product.

Remember the guy feeding him the meat puppets loved the Toby Pedersons and Liam Reddoxs of the world. And I'm not sure MacT really is ready to fully give up the reins to Eakins, or give him the ammo he wants.

Re: MacT Press Conf - Eakins Hired [message #600742 is a reply to message #600593 ]
Fri, 14 June 2013 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Staples with a great boiled down story on Eakins, originally written by Cox (ugh!). But gives some history on the new head coach.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2013/06/14/the-must-read-st ory-if-you-want-to-know-about-dallas-eakins-as-reported-by-t he-toronto-star/

Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Puljujarvi wants out.
Next Topic:Oilers 19-20 pre-season schedule
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca