This day on May 8
None

Happy Birthday To: tomb, youfokker, jonesy, OilerOlli, iceprincess04, Oilersrule99, joshuaryan, BlagicaPA

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #832585 is a reply to message #832584 ]
Fri, 26 April 2024 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

5-1!!

Send a private message to this user  

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #832586 is a reply to message #832584 ]
Fri, 26 April 2024 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

No Cups

Embarrass them

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #832587 is a reply to message #832586 ]
Fri, 26 April 2024 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

...refs too afraid to call cross check on Perry. icon_rolleyes

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #832588 is a reply to message #832587 ]
Fri, 26 April 2024 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

watchman wrote on Fri, 26 April 2024 22:53

...refs too afraid to call cross check on Perry. icon_rolleyes

...so they make one up on 71.

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #832592 is a reply to message #832584 ]
Fri, 26 April 2024 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan is currently online NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Henrique is quickly becoming one of my favourite trade deadline acquisitions. Hell of a player.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #832594 is a reply to message #832592 ]
Fri, 26 April 2024 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

So many douchebags on this Kings team. Light 'em up.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #832595 is a reply to message #832594 ]
Fri, 26 April 2024 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan is currently online NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Keep gooning it up Kings. You know you can't compete.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #832593 is a reply to message #832545 ]
Fri, 26 April 2024 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Ok, make them pay on this PP, and then sit the top guys lest they get hurt from these no-talent goons.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #832596 is a reply to message #832545 ]
Fri, 26 April 2024 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Shut up Louie. The Kings keep getting penalties because they keep doing dirty things.

Even their no-name coach is annoying.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #832597 is a reply to message #832596 ]
Fri, 26 April 2024 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 26 April 2024 23:13

Shut up Louie. The Kings keep getting penalties because they keep doing dirty things.

As much as I complain about TBS' C-team here, sounds like I'm not missing much.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #832598 is a reply to message #832597 ]
Fri, 26 April 2024 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Can we please never have a Desharnais powerplay shift again?

Also Mikey Andersson's dives are literally the worst. Every time he kicks that leg out, the ref should get docked money for falling for it.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #832615 is a reply to message #832598 ]
Sat, 27 April 2024 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 26 April 2024 23:22

Also Mikey Andersson's dives are literally the worst. Every time he kicks that leg out, the ref should get docked money for falling for it.

I think you know it's game over if we are putting Vinnie on the powerplay, how humiliating must it be for the Kings to see him there...

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #832635 is a reply to message #832615 ]
Sat, 27 April 2024 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Leia wrote on Sat, 27 April 2024 00:04

I think you know it's game over if we are putting Vinnie on the powerplay, how humiliating must it be for the Kings to see him there...

I agree. Putting Vinnie on the PP was a great reward for him, but what a slap in the face to the Kings.

When do you think Desharnais practiced the PP, Bako?

[Updated on: Sat, 27 April 2024 15:28]

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #832646 is a reply to message #832635 ]
Sun, 28 April 2024 08:17 Go to previous message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Sat, 27 April 2024 15:26

Leia wrote on Sat, 27 April 2024 00:04

I agree. Putting Vinnie on the PP was a great reward for him, but what a slap in the face to the Kings.

When do you think Desharnais practiced the PP, Bako?

NHL 2021, with Ovi on the cover

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #832614 is a reply to message #832597 ]
Sat, 27 April 2024 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

Suomalainen wrote on Fri, 26 April 2024 23:14

The TBS team were awful tonight, they didn't know who'd taken penalties, missing so much stuff and not even knowing the players names. They were that bad that I'd drop them for the next game.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #832618 is a reply to message #832597 ]
Sat, 27 April 2024 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Suomalainen wrote on Fri, 26 April 2024 23:14

What's going on with HNIC these playoffs? Louie has gone full idiot. Elliotte even seemed butthurt last game after the Leafs lost and kept insisting that the flukey Kings deserved a game that they were out-chanced in. I never recall Elliotte taking such strange positions on what teams deserved in even games, but he whipped it out a couple days ago.

Regardless

https://64.media.tumblr.com/b901915aacecce2fc2d8b3caea523e3d/388212767382e5e0-33/s540x810/c1d36843d7071047116a6890b390c4d7cee6212e.gifv

[Updated on: Sat, 27 April 2024 01:09]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #832622 is a reply to message #832596 ]
Sat, 27 April 2024 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 26 April 2024 22:13

Yea Louie ticked me off this game as well.. like a different persona he was showcasing.. like he was auditioning for a new gig doing generic National games for someone.. by showing he could provide empty "non-controversial" plug and play commentary

He wouldn't call a slew foot a slew foot.. afraid to even acknowledge LA douching it up .. pretty embarrassing performance by Uncle Louie... 👎🏻

[Updated on: Sat, 27 April 2024 03:09]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #832625 is a reply to message #832622 ]
Sat, 27 April 2024 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 27 April 2024 02:54

Yea Louie ticked me off this game as well.. like a different persona he was showcasing.. like he was auditioning for a new gig doing generic National games for someone.. by showing he could provide empty "non-controversial" plug and play commentary

He wouldn't call a slew foot a slew foot.. afraid to even acknowledge LA douching it up .. pretty embarrassing performance by Uncle Louie... 👎🏻

Literally every single blatant call you have DeBrusk going “honestly, I didn’t think there was much there.” Had his Parros Glasses on for sure. If that had been a drinking game there’d be a lot of hockey fans with a hangover this morning. He even seemed perplexed the Kings came out with a penalty after the Byfield hit straight from behind on McDavid.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #832626 is a reply to message #832625 ]
Sat, 27 April 2024 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

No Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 27 April 2024 08:55

Literally every single blatant call you have DeBrusk going “honestly, I didn’t think there was much there.” Had his Parros Glasses on for sure. If that had been a drinking game there’d be a lot of hockey fans with a hangover this morning. He even seemed perplexed the Kings came out with a penalty after the Byfield hit straight from behind on McDavid.

Ok, so it wasn’t just me (being a “homer”) as my son says. That’s a relief to my mental health. Louie’s behaviour really ticked me off.
icon_smile

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #832629 is a reply to message #832625 ]
Sat, 27 April 2024 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 27 April 2024 07:55

Yeah the Byfield hit was a great example.. clear hit from behind into the numbers and penalty.. and Debrusk didn't even mention it as it was replayed right in front of him.. it was like listening to that old homer John Garret doing a Canucks game.. embarrassing.. is there an LA Kings broadcasting job open?

as mentioned previously .. Louie didn't even mention that Englund actually got a penalty for "illegal hit to the head" on Kane.. after he initially saying .. "I don't really see anything there.. "
https://i.imgur.com/RrLGUSI.png

[Updated on: Sat, 27 April 2024 13:55]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #832631 is a reply to message #832629 ]
Sat, 27 April 2024 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 27 April 2024 11:59

Yeah the Byfield hit was a great example.. clear hit from behind into the numbers and penalty.. and Debrusk didn't even mention it as it was replayed right in front of him.. it was like listening to that old homer John Garret doing a Canucks game.. embarrassing.. is there an LA Kings broadcasting job open?

as mentioned previously .. Louie didn't even mention that Englund actually got a penalty for "illegal hit to the head" on Kane.. after he initially saying .. "I don't really see anything there.. "

I synced 630 ched to the tv bc of Jack, and Bob was saying the same stuff, initial point of contact the chest of Kane.

Regardless. Glad Kaner is good to go, and good on Holloway being right there and dropping that clown. Been very impressed with every facet of holloway’s game this series so far.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3) [message #832633 is a reply to message #832631 ]
Sat, 27 April 2024 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 27 April 2024 13:18

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 27 April 2024 11:59

I synced 630 ched to the tv bc of Jack, and Bob was saying the same stuff, initial point of contact the chest of Kane.

Regardless. Glad Kaner is good to go, and good on Holloway being right there and dropping that clown. Been very impressed with every facet of holloway’s game this series so far.

Yeah Holloway was right in there.. he's a gamer.. he was super effective at only 8:42 of ice time.. he's developing every game .. going to Bako helped him a lot.. guy needed ice time.. he's got a snipe shot.. just needs the opportunities.. he was a sniper in College.. quick release, accurate shot..

I'll give Lou a pass for last night.. now that he has the audition tape he can get back to being a Canadian broadcaster! ;)

[Updated on: Sat, 27 April 2024 14:41]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3)
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #3)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca