This day on April 29
None

Happy Birthday To: eightythree, yanner39, Smid4Life, Oil Spill, Ginjanna, Sopranosbaby, epower, Brewer84, rufeo01, OilCup2017

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Oilers trade with Anaheim
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830461]
Wed, 06 March 2024 11:31 Go to next message
NCREDiBLE  is currently offline NCREDiBLE

No Cups

More to come but Friedman reporting we traded for Carrick and Henrique

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830462 is a reply to message #830461 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

People were complaining about waiving Gagner. Who loses their jobs when these two plugs arrive? Is this really an upgrade? Holland pissing assets away again.

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830463 is a reply to message #830462 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NCREDiBLE  is currently offline NCREDiBLE

No Cups

NetBOG wrote on Wed, 06 March 2024 11:40

People were complaining about waiving Gagner. Who loses their jobs when these two plugs arrive? Is this really an upgrade? Holland pissing assets away again.

I was hoping for Toffoli/Buch, Dowd and Terrier.
This is mid for me but it will be nice having a solid third liner.
Still waiting for more details on what we sent out and how much is retained.
Not my first nor second choice of what I wanted but let’s wait and see.

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830464 is a reply to message #830462 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perkele  is currently offline Perkele

No Cups

Henrique is far from a plug. 42 points (18 goals) and +3 on a terrible Ducks team. There are only 5 Oilers who have more points than him this year (only 4 forwards) and only 4 players that have more goals than he does.

I am pretty happy with this pickup and think he will slot in well on one of our top 2 lines.

Carrick, I am pretty impartial to. I definitely don't know much about him or his game to comment one way or the other but as he is not the main piece of the deal I am not going to lose sleep over bringing him in.

I still think an upgrade at RD is more important than at forward and I really hope that this doesn't stop them from doing something on the backend also. Personally I think bringing in a 1b (or even a well established backup) goalie should have been the #1 priority but that ship seemed to sail last week so I will hold out hope for a RD upgrade.

#teamBath(i)robe

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830467 is a reply to message #830464 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I like the adds.

I did not think the Oilers could go into the playoffs with Ryan as their 4th line center. I felt they needed a guy with a little more size, some physical play, who could maybe score the odd goal but was a right shot, win some draws and be on your PK. He can do all those.

Henrique, I like the versatility. He can play center or wing on your 2nd or 3rd line. Wins draws, be on your PK.

Both guys are defensively responsible and makes the Oilers very strong down the middle. For the Top 6, you could have Henrique in the top 6 or you drop him to the 3rd line and bump up McLeod.

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830469 is a reply to message #830464 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Perkele wrote on Wed, 06 March 2024 11:49

Henrique is far from a plug. 42 points (18 goals) and +3 on a terrible Ducks team. There are only 5 Oilers who have more points than him this year (only 4 forwards) and only 4 players that have more goals than he does.

I am pretty happy with this pickup and think he will slot in well on one of our top 2 lines.

Carrick, I am pretty impartial to. I definitely don't know much about him or his game to comment one way or the other but as he is not the main piece of the deal I am not going to lose sleep over bringing him in.

I still think an upgrade at RD is more important than at forward and I really hope that this doesn't stop them from doing something on the backend also. Personally I think bringing in a 1b (or even a well established backup) goalie should have been the #1 priority but that ship seemed to sail last week so I will hold out hope for a RD upgrade.

I think you have to expect a drop in production for Henrique when he gets here. His usage is going to change significantly. He's got 10 PP points so far this year, and he was playing 18 minutes a night on the first or second line. He's going to bump down the lineup here.

A little center depth is good, and he's a decent player, but it's underwhelming for a 1st round pick.

And Gagner cleared waivers, so that's a positive!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830470 is a reply to message #830469 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 06 March 2024 14:07

I think you have to expect a drop in production for Henrique when he gets here. His usage is going to change significantly. He's got 10 PP points so far this year, and he was playing 18 minutes a night on the first or second line. He's going to bump down the lineup here.

A little center depth is good, and he's a decent player, but it's underwhelming for a 1st round pick.

Definitely expect his production to drop a bit with the Oilers as he will clearly not be given the minutes or matchups here in Edmonton that he got in Anaheim. That said, I still hope that he will be put on the second line wing and move Kane down to the 3rd line (or ideally out the door before the deadline). As I said, a first was an overpay but I am still excited for the player

#teamBath(i)robe

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830471 is a reply to message #830470 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Perkele wrote on Wed, 06 March 2024 12:11

Adam wrote on Wed, 06 March 2024 14:07

Definitely expect his production to drop a bit with the Oilers as he will clearly not be given the minutes or matchups here in Edmonton that he got in Anaheim. That said, I still hope that he will be put on the second line wing and move Kane down to the 3rd line (or ideally out the door before the deadline). As I said, a first was an overpay but I am still excited for the player

Not sure why we got Carrick. We already have Connor Brown to suck hard as a fourth liner!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830472 is a reply to message #830471 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 06 March 2024 12:16

Not sure why we got Carrick. We already have Connor Brown to suck hard as a fourth liner!

Maybe he played defense in junior?

Crazy to think that the Oilers have only lost 3 man games combined from their top 6 D.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830494 is a reply to message #830462 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Henrique has had a pretty good season on such a crap team.

I think he'll be useful, but not sure he really fills a big need. This is the kind of luxury grab a team like Vegas would get with scam LTIR space when they already have depth everywhere else in the lineup. I think we're still short a top 4 RHD and a goalie.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830499 is a reply to message #830494 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 06 March 2024 12:20

I think he'll be useful, but not sure he really fills a big need. This is the kind of luxury grab a team like Vegas would get with scam LTIR space when they already have depth everywhere else in the lineup. I think we're still short a top 4 RHD and a goalie.

I suspect both him and Carrick may improve the Oiler PK substantially.. in addition to Henrique's playmaking and goal scoring

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830500 is a reply to message #830499 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 06 March 2024 13:32

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 06 March 2024 12:20

I suspect both him and Carrick may improve the Oiler PK substantially..

I hope we didn't pay a 1st round pick for the PK. Both of those guys have been getting pumped on the PK in Anaheim. Expected GA/60 by the current oilers PK group has been far better. Henrique went 4-5 years without being a regular PKer before he joined the Ducks. This is Carrick's first year playing the PK a lot, and he's seen a lot of goals against.

Don't think our PK issues have been all forward either. D playing huge parts in the breakdowns.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830465 is a reply to message #830461 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

A first round pick? Lunacy!!

Just a stupid stupid miss use of resources.

Dumb Dumb stupid move.

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830466 is a reply to message #830465 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

This I can agree with. Hearing it is a first round pick and a conditional 5th (becomes a 4th if the Oilers win the cup - so hopefully a 4th) seems a bit crazy to me after seeing what other UFAs are going for. Unfortunately, we have seen the poor negotiating skills of Holland many times before and I fear this is another example of him way over paying for the guy(s) he wanted. That said I am still excited to bring in Henrique and hope he is successful here and costs us a first and a fourth

#teamBath(i)robe

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830495 is a reply to message #830465 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Wed, 06 March 2024 11:52

Dumb Dumb stupid move.

uhh, ok, that's bad. I guess this is it for big moves. With zero cap space that 1st rounder was our piece to try to open space to fill holes.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830503 is a reply to message #830495 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 06 March 2024 13:22

Dumb Dumb stupid move.

uhh, ok, that's bad. I guess this is it for big moves. With zero cap space that 1st rounder was our piece to try to open space to fill holes.

FWIW, I'm not going to lose a minute of sleep over the loss of that draft pick. I wonder a little about the opportunity cost using it for Henrique over other options, but if the season ended today and ignoring all the movement based on playoff position, that's a 25th overall pick. There's a decent chance that Henrique plays more games for the Oilers than that player plays in the NHL.

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830506 is a reply to message #830503 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 06 March 2024 14:22

Dumb Dumb stupid move.

FWIW, I'm not going to lose a minute of sleep over the loss of that draft pick. I wonder a little about the opportunity cost using it for Henrique over other options, but if the season ended today and ignoring all the movement based on playoff position, that's a 25th overall pick. There's a decent chance that Henrique plays more games for the Oilers than that player plays in the NHL.

I don't think we or the GM should be that flippant about draft picks. Yes, they are overvalued, but they do hold some value. Even if the decision is to trade them for immediate help every effort should be made to maximize value. Especially when they have McDavid who should be used to set up a 10-15 year run like Crosby and the Penguins. The use of draft picks as assets under Holland has returned a shockingly small amount of value. To the point where we should be wondering what 3 years from now looks like.

I first for a player who might not move the needle in the playoffs and some bonus 4th line grit doesn't feel like the path to success for me.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830509 is a reply to message #830506 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 06 March 2024 14:30

Dumb Dumb stupid move.

I don't think we or the GM should be that flippant about draft picks. Yes, they are overvalued, but they do hold some value. Even if the decision is to trade them for immediate help every effort should be made to maximize value. Especially when they have McDavid who should be used to set up a 10-15 year run like Crosby and the Penguins. The use of draft picks as assets under Holland has returned a shockingly small amount of value. To the point where we should be wondering what 3 years from now looks like.

I first for a player who might not move the needle in the playoffs and some bonus 4th line grit doesn't feel like the path to success for me.

That's where I'm saying that the opportunity cost of moving that pick for an okay upgrade compared to moving that pick for someone who's a true impact player. That's my issue - I think every draft pick and prospect should be up for grabs, but hopefully we can maximize the return on that. I'd be much more excited about Jake Guentzel for that pick than I am for Adam Henrique...

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830516 is a reply to message #830503 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Dumb Dumb stupid move.

I don't get what happened here. Reporters saying we were trying to push Calgary to take a player to get Tanev and Calgary didn't want to take on salary, but clearly the Lames were willing to retain 50% to move Tanev. Henrique has more cap hit than Tanev, and we bent around to get 75% retained for him by giving up some extra assets to Tampa to get the extra 25%.

We didn't have to force a player on the Ducks to do this (more likely we could have, unlike a trade with the Lames).

Why did we insist on trying to make Calgary take cap to get Tanev? Yet with the Ducks, who have loads of cap space, we bend around and give up our 1st so we don't have to unload any cap space?

Maybe the Ducks GM was the one that presented this whole retain idea to Holland to shake us down for a 1st? Perhaps the 75% option using a 3rd team never entered the conversation with the Lames.

I'd 100% do a good prospect + 1st to the Lames for Tanev with the same 75% retain deal over this trade.

[Updated on: Wed, 06 March 2024 16:23]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830501 is a reply to message #830465 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

NetBOG wrote on Wed, 06 March 2024 12:52

Dumb Dumb stupid move.

Better get your drink of choice ready for when he trades the 2025 1st to get another player.
Maybe he will throw in some 2nd round picks as well for good measure.

I like Henrique, his production won't be the same in his new role but hopefully he brings some depth production down the stretch.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830475 is a reply to message #830461 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Spector already out front hauling water for the team trying to explain how a team that is 33-8-1 in the last 3 months has massive holes and some guy with 11 points and 90 PIMS is the answer.

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830478 is a reply to message #830475 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Wed, 06 March 2024 12:27

Spector already out front hauling water for the team trying to explain how a team that is 33-8-1 in the last 3 months has massive holes and some guy with 11 points and 90 PIMS is the answer.

We do have holes, but low-scoring fourth line plug wasn't really one of them.

We will have to see if there's any other deals coming. If this is it, well, it's a slight improvement, but Colorado's done better so far and we have to find a way to beat them likely.

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830479 is a reply to message #830461 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Henrique is 34. He’s not bad, but not exactly a big swing.

Would have rather swung big for Buchnevich or a top 4 RHD. Our 1st rounder was the chip for that. Seems like a big overpay to retain salary for a rental…

Carrick also doesn’t look like much.

https://x.com/JFreshHockey/status/1765444114663829865?s=20

We are a better team today but its all relative, if our competitors are getting much much better.

Hope we are not done.

Clean house or bust

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830481 is a reply to message #830461 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Full trade per Seravalli:

To #Oilers: Adam Henrique (75% retained), Sam Carrick, 7th Rd Pick
To #NHLDucks: EDM 2024 1st Rd Pick, Cond. 2025 5th Rd Pick
To #GoBolts: EDM 4th Rd Pick

Cond: 5th becomes 4th in EDM wins the Cup.
Tampa also must send a reserve list player.

Henrique cap hit is 1.46M at 25%.

Edit: Seravalli missed the 50% retention on Carrick so this tweet is not completely correct.

[Updated on: Wed, 06 March 2024 12:55]

Clean house or bust

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830484 is a reply to message #830481 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Wed, 06 March 2024 12:48

There's more yet! We get a goalie playing in some league I've never heard of from Tampa. Consider him just a guy.

Quote:

David Pagnotta
@TheFourthPeriod
Trade details:

To EDM:
Adam Henrique
Sam Carrick
G Ty Taylor
2024 7th RD pick (TB)

To ANA:
2024 1st RD pick (EDM)
2025 5th RD pick (conditional, TB)

To TB:
2025 4th RD pick (conditional)

Ducks retain 50% of Henrique, Carrick deals
Bolts retain 25% of Henrique deal

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830487 is a reply to message #830484 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Dang Seravalli. So they retained on Carrick too.

Wonder if a Ceci upgrade is in the works.

Clean house or bust

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830488 is a reply to message #830484 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

Ty Taylor!
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/297989/ty-taylor

21-22 played at Grant Macewan and in the ECHL - .890 goalie in both. call that deal done son!

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830491 is a reply to message #830484 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

At least Holland has learned he can be creative with the cap. That's good, right?

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830492 is a reply to message #830491 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 06 March 2024 12:10

At least Holland has learned he can be creative with the cap. That's good, right?

Might be a collaborative effort with the new GM :)

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830496 is a reply to message #830491 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 06 March 2024 13:10

Just in time for retirement!!!

Or a role with the Columbus Blue Jackets...

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830486 is a reply to message #830481 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Henrique cap hit is 1.46M at 25%. Carrick is 850K. Stauffer gives a winky face that there is still room for another move.

The Ducks also retained 50% on Carrick too so it's only 425K

Oilers got 2 players plus got the Ducks to retain 50% on both guys which makes sense at least to me why they gave up the 1st.

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830505 is a reply to message #830486 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 06 March 2024 12:53

Henrique cap hit is 1.46M at 25%. Carrick is 850K. Stauffer gives a winky face that there is still room for another move.

Oilers got 2 players plus got the Ducks to retain 50% on both guys which makes sense at least to me why they gave up the 1st.

Looks like 3 players if you include Ty Taylor. So, is there a possibility that a team is interested taking on Campbell providing Oilers retain a percentage?

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:17

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:00

The president thinks he has the ideal male body.
It's hard to disagree that he has the ideal male body.

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830510 is a reply to message #830505 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

bigEfromGP wrote on Wed, 06 March 2024 14:27

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 06 March 2024 12:53

Looks like 3 players if you include Ty Taylor. So, is there a possibility that a team is interested taking on Campbell providing Oilers retain a percentage?

There is virtually no chance that Ty Taylor ever is seen wearing an Oilers jersey that he doesn't go and buy himself. That's just Tampa dumping a guy who was never in the plans and who will never get a qualifying offer here.

Campbell would be a very tough piece to move, even with retained salary because he's got another 3 years and he's been so, so bad.

I do still hope we get another goalie.

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830504 is a reply to message #830461 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Sounds like Gagner is indeed going down to Bakersfield.

#FreeGagner

Clean house or bust

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830507 is a reply to message #830504 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Maybe not physically though, given he could be brought up after the roster cap is lifted? (I'm never 100% clear on this stuff)

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830513 is a reply to message #830461 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Quote:

“Two of the highest character players I’ve ever Coached” - Dallas Eakins

There you have it gentlemen. Why would anyone have any issue with this deal now?

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830522 is a reply to message #830513 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 06 March 2024 19:01

Quote:

“Two of the highest character players I’ve ever Coached” - Dallas Eakins

There you have it gentlemen. Why would anyone have any issue with this deal now?

FWIW lots of Ducks fans happy that those two were going to a contender. Said they are both heart & soul guys who played their asses off, even though they were on a crap team. Said they were huge losses for the Ducks.

Sounds to me like the kind of players you'd want for a long playoff run. Still pissed that we couldn't land Tanev, but I wonder if these two guys might end up being more valuable in a tough playoff series than a more "flashy" player like a Tarasenko or Guentzel

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830529 is a reply to message #830461 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

https://forums.hfboards.com/attachments/1709772059651-png.830753/

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Oilers trade with Anaheim [message #830533 is a reply to message #830461 ]
Wed, 06 March 2024 19:34 Go to previous message

3 Cups

FWIW... Stauffer was talking to Brian Lawton yesterday (who's opinion I respect a lot) .. Stauffer asked him point blank what he thought of a 1st, and 2 x 4ths for Henrique and Carrick.. at 75% retention on Henrique.. Lawton replied "Hard No" .. said a 1st was too much.. he said 4 to 5 days out from the deadline that the price spikes.. then softens.. said he'd be surprised if Holland bit on it.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Columbus (Game #61)
Next Topic:Oilers sign Connor Brown
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca