This day on April 28
None

Happy Birthday To: Oilerfan in Tulsa, rrathel716

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #30)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #30) [message #828294]
Thu, 21 December 2023 19:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 67%
New Jersey to win: 33%
15 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #30) [message #828308 is a reply to message #828294 ]
Thu, 21 December 2023 20:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

I thought this was going to be an outplay but still lose game at the end of 2, tbh. Pretty good game by L1 tonight. I thought Nuge pretty much sucked last game, but helluva game tonight along with his linemates. Clouder with a pair, and GD Adam Erne gets one after a neutral zone turnover on the NJ 3rd goal.

Streak is busted. Nice feelings

Re: Review: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #30) [message #828309 is a reply to message #828308 ]
Thu, 21 December 2023 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oiltec  is currently offline oiltec

No Cups

Onward and upward, see you tomorrow night at MSG.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #30) [message #828310 is a reply to message #828308 ]
Thu, 21 December 2023 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

Awesome to see Erne get it done!!

Awesome win!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #30) [message #828313 is a reply to message #828310 ]
Thu, 21 December 2023 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

good for McLeod and Erne...

...anyone betting the farm for a repeat next game?

Not me... but I am interested in seeing more of McLeod with 29. That might be repeatable. icon_nod

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Review: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #30) [message #828316 is a reply to message #828313 ]
Fri, 22 December 2023 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I have to give credit where credit is due, McLeod had a very good game. That is the type of player he could be with his size and speed if he tried. I do wonder if the coach sitting his linemate Brown sparked McLeod and maybe the coach told him he's next if he doesn't pick it up because up until last game, I don't think McLeod has been much better than Brown for most of the season.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #30) [message #828317 is a reply to message #828313 ]
Fri, 22 December 2023 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Leon got one, but man the play has been disjointed. Gotta have 29 going. Gotta have EK going, not 100% sure what's going on there, some nights his forechecking is outstanding and he's getting opportunities, some he's more invisible. He hasn't been able to make many passes all season that I've seen, but I don't think that was ever his strength, he's usually a strong forechecker and a closer. Everyone on the team is going to have a period where they're in a funk, just can't have the long periods of it.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #30) [message #828318 is a reply to message #828317 ]
Fri, 22 December 2023 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Fri, 22 December 2023 08:36

Leon got one, but man the play has been disjointed. Gotta have 29 going. Gotta have EK going, not 100% sure what's going on there, some nights his forechecking is outstanding and he's getting opportunities, some he's more invisible. He hasn't been able to make many passes all season that I've seen, but I don't think that was ever his strength, he's usually a strong forechecker and a closer. Everyone on the team is going to have a period where they're in a funk, just can't have the long periods of it.

Something is clearly bothering Kane. He hasn't practiced much in the last couple of weeks and he's not hitting much. My guess is upper body issue. Not major enough to keep him from playing.

Gregor mentioned on his show the other day that December for Leon every year, is his worst month by far. I wonder why.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #30) [message #828321 is a reply to message #828318 ]
Fri, 22 December 2023 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

the Christmas sweets come out.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #30) [message #828323 is a reply to message #828318 ]
Fri, 22 December 2023 15:08 Go to previous message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 22 December 2023 09:28

K.McC#24 wrote on Fri, 22 December 2023 08:36

Something is clearly bothering Kane. He hasn't practiced much in the last couple of weeks and he's not hitting much. My guess is upper body issue. Not major enough to keep him from playing.

Gregor mentioned on his show the other day that December for Leon every year, is his worst month by far. I wonder why.

He’s busy making media appearances posing as the Grinch. His heart/Hart starts to grow 10 sizes any day now.

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Rangers (Game #31)
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ New Jersey (Game #30)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca