This day on April 29
None

Happy Birthday To: eightythree, yanner39, Smid4Life, Oil Spill, Ginjanna, Sopranosbaby, epower, Brewer84, rufeo01, OilCup2017

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828117]
Thu, 14 December 2023 19:05 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Send a private message to this user  

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828118 is a reply to message #828117 ]
Thu, 14 December 2023 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

Great penalty Leon!! He's playing like an idiot right now.

The whole team is rolling and he's pouting all the time. Leon is the most "me first" guy on this team right now, and it's annoying af.

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828119 is a reply to message #828118 ]
Thu, 14 December 2023 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Ugly start. On the bright side, I have Stamkos in my hockey pool

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828120 is a reply to message #828119 ]
Thu, 14 December 2023 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

Ugly start

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828121 is a reply to message #828120 ]
Thu, 14 December 2023 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Leon takes early game penalties way too often. He does it all the time and it's effing annoying. If I was McDavid I'd been telling his buddy to suck up his pouty garbage and get to playing.

Get your head out of your rear, Leon.

This trash start is 90% on him.

Hopefully Knoblauch staples him to the bench for a period. Let him stew.

[Updated on: Thu, 14 December 2023 19:26]

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828122 is a reply to message #828121 ]
Thu, 14 December 2023 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

OK, that pass from 97 to Nuge from behind the net was absolutely mental.

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828123 is a reply to message #828122 ]
Thu, 14 December 2023 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Good period minus being down 2-0

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828127 is a reply to message #828121 ]
Thu, 14 December 2023 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

HamBlaster wrote on Thu, 14 December 2023 20:21

Leon takes early game penalties way too often. He does it all the time and it's effing annoying. If I was McDavid I'd been telling his buddy to suck up his pouty garbage and get to playing.

Get your head out of your rear, Leon.

This trash start is 90% on him.

Hopefully Knoblauch staples him to the bench for a period. Let him stew.

This (and your first post in this thread complaining about him) is just plain ridiculous.
You often make these non-quantitative statements about things you dont like about Leon. IE; the look on his face, the way he skates, etc yet by any measure he is one of the best players in the league.

There are many games where he is just as important to the Oilers as McDavid and it is pretty rare that he is a big reason for a loss.

Does he often have a "pissy" look on his face? Sure. Is he a "me first" player? I think you are the only person ever to say that. His frustration is usually with the other team, the ref or himself.

The "does benching help" debate has been going on here so I wont re-hash it but benching your best players is not usually a good way to win games but it is a good way to get a coach fired.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828141 is a reply to message #828127 ]
Thu, 14 December 2023 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Leon's playing brutal lately. I'm sticking by my sentiment.

He's struggling to drive play with two groups of wingers, and he looks like he only feels inspired to play.... when he feels like it.

You might not agree with me, but I don't really care.

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828150 is a reply to message #828141 ]
Thu, 14 December 2023 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

HamBlaster wrote on Thu, 14 December 2023 22:35

Leon's playing brutal lately. I'm sticking by my sentiment.

He's struggling to drive play with two groups of wingers, and he looks like he only feels inspired to play.... when he feels like it.

You might not agree with me, but I don't really care.

I dont agree with you, but that is because you are incorrect that he is "playing brutal"

I get it, you dont like him for some reason but this is just another example about how some Oiler fans have this weird measuring stick for judging good players.

But hey, you dont care so I wont waste time trying to get you to understand the difference between a player who does things very few in the league can do and the JAG's who look like they are trying really hard.

Oiler fans used to be considered some of the most knowledgeable in the league. Unfortunately that doesnt seem to be the case any more.

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828156 is a reply to message #828150 ]
Fri, 15 December 2023 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Look back at how many games he's taken an early penalty this season.

He does it, man. Plain and simple. It's lazy.

I have a Draisaitl jersey that I wear to every game, bud. I've historically liked the guy a lot, but there's something weird about him this year. I'm not sure what it is however something's off.

Sorry for choosing to call it out.

We don't all look at our team through rose-coloured glasses, 24/7. And as far as knowledgeable goes, I'd stake my knowledge of the game against yours any day of the week.

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828143 is a reply to message #828127 ]
Thu, 14 December 2023 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Would you like me to use numbers every time I talk about him? Is that how this discourse works?

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828151 is a reply to message #828143 ]
Thu, 14 December 2023 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

HamBlaster wrote on Thu, 14 December 2023 22:38

Would you like me to use numbers every time I talk about him? Is that how this discourse works?

It would be helpful from time to time rather than unsubstantiated drivel.

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828157 is a reply to message #828151 ]
Fri, 15 December 2023 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Unsubstantiated drivel. Go pound sand.

Who is this PlusOne clown?

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828164 is a reply to message #828157 ]
Fri, 15 December 2023 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

He's my Plus one.
Drai has 28 PIMS so far. only 14 penalties in 27 games including November 6 vs Vancouver where he had 10 minutes.
For what it's worth, I find myself also frustrated with what looks like Drai not putting in all the effort, but to be fair, it could very well be I feel that way because I know what he's capable of doing. Also being fair, he's stapled to Connor Brown... If that won't make you pissy, I don't know what will.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 December 2023 10:46]

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828166 is a reply to message #828164 ]
Fri, 15 December 2023 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Dragon_Matt wrote on Fri, 15 December 2023 10:45

He's my Plus one.
Drai has 28 PIMS so far. only 14 penalties in 27 games including November 6 vs Vancouver where he had 10 minutes.
For what it's worth, I find myself also frustrated with what looks like Drai not putting in all the effort, but to be fair, it could very well be I feel that way because I know what he's capable of doing. Also being fair, he's stapled to Connor Brown... If that won't make you pissy, I don't know what will.

People definitely need to focus their hate where it belongs. On Brown and Ceci icon_biggrin

And goalies, but our two NHL goalies are self nut punching and beating themselves up so much, I almost.feel bad bashing them. Campbell seems like a black hole of depression and Skinner probably isn't helped by having him around. Need another ultra confident guy like Smith to pump Skinner up.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828167 is a reply to message #828166 ]
Fri, 15 December 2023 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 15 December 2023 14:17

People definitely need to focus their hate where it belongs. On Brown and Ceci icon_biggrin

And goalies, but our two NHL goalies are self nut punching and beating themselves up so much, I almost.feel bad bashing them. Campbell seems like a black hole of depression and Skinner probably isn't helped by having him around. Need another ultra confident guy like Smith to pump Skinner up.

Pretty sure Smith is still available. Fake injury might even be healed.

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828169 is a reply to message #828166 ]
Fri, 15 December 2023 17:48 Go to previous message

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 15 December 2023 15:17

This is actually pretty spot on to why I chime in on people tossing out "hot takes" on star players. I am not saying they are above critique.
I just find it odd that there is a segment of the fan base that loves to slam good players who contribute to winning while often praising players who contribute very little. Bonus points if they try really hard and have a lot of "truculence"

Ceci seems to be less noticeable ( in a good way) during the win streak. Hopefully that continues.

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828168 is a reply to message #828157 ]
Fri, 15 December 2023 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

HamBlaster wrote on Fri, 15 December 2023 09:01

Unsubstantiated drivel. Go pound sand.

Who is this PlusOne clown?

You said you “Don’t really care” so I was going to let this one go. But then, you replied a few times so it seems maybe you do care.

“Unsubstantiated drivel” seems to be my line that really got you upset. Here are a few quotes just from this thread;
“He's playing like an idiot right now.”
“The whole team is rolling and he's pouting all the time”
“Leon is the most "me first" guy on this team”
“Leon takes early game penalties way too often. He does it all the time and it's effing annoying.”
“Leon's playing brutal lately.”
“He's struggling to drive play with two groups of wingers,”

Above there is nothing of substance, hence my use of the word unsubstantiated. There is a lot of hyperbole, opinion and odd, misplaced anger. As far as the drivel part, it just seemed to fit but, to use your words “I'm sticking by my sentiment.”
You see, the above is my opinion, it’s unsubstantiated, and some may even think it’s drivel.
Other’s might say your posting history speaks for itself and my statement is in fact, well, fact.

When I pushed back on your statements you seemed upset and said;
“Would you like me to use numbers every time I talk about him? Is that how this discourse works?”

No, numbers aren’t required to have an opinion, that said, if your opinion is easily disproven by numbers or any other facts then it might help people respect said opinion if you had some in your own defence.

I find being open to other opinions is important so when I read this “Look back at how many games he's taken an early penalty this season.” I decided to take you up on that and had a look;
So far Drai has;
10 penalties (9 minors, one ten minute misconduct) for 28 total minutes
4 are in the first period
3 total PPG’s were scored while he was in the box. Twice during his 4 first period penalties.

So while it is a small sample size, 27GP, 4 first period penalties doesn’t seem like a lot. 2 first period goals against over that 27 games sure isn't a major reason for concern.

He doesn’t take a lot of penalties in general and rarely has it hurt the team.

I could likely find reasonable evidence for most, if not all, of your criticisms to be your opinion, but an incorrect one, with no facts to back them up. Have a look through his linemates stat with/without him if you want to prove yourself wrong. (especially this gem “He's struggling to drive play with two groups of wingers,”).
I wont, as this has gone on long enough already and I have a Christmas party to get to so lastly;

“We don't all look at our team through rose-coloured glasses, 24/7. “
Thanks, a couple other posters here put me in the Debbie downer crowd so it is a nice change to be in the cheerleader squad for once.

“Who is this PlusOne clown?”
Dragon_Matt wrote on Fri, 15 December 2023 11:45

He's my Plus one.

And really, that is all I need.

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828124 is a reply to message #828117 ]
Thu, 14 December 2023 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

well, that period was unfortunate

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828125 is a reply to message #828124 ]
Thu, 14 December 2023 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

It's easier said than done, but we need to get a goal fast, or else Vas will get into the heads and we'll never score. Get one early in this next period we'll be fine, but I worry if we don't

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828126 is a reply to message #828125 ]
Thu, 14 December 2023 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Tie it up here

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828128 is a reply to message #828126 ]
Thu, 14 December 2023 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Lead!!! 3-2!

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828130 is a reply to message #828128 ]
Thu, 14 December 2023 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Absolutely dominant in the second period. Keep pouring it on in the third.

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828131 is a reply to message #828130 ]
Thu, 14 December 2023 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

Wowsers, how many shots did we take??? It was relentless and dare I say it, more effort in that period than is the first 5 or 6 games put together from this team.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828129 is a reply to message #828117 ]
Thu, 14 December 2023 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Now that period was a giant tailkicking.

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828132 is a reply to message #828129 ]
Thu, 14 December 2023 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Do that in the third and it’s a win

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828133 is a reply to message #828117 ]
Thu, 14 December 2023 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Come on Ceci, just put him on his ass.

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828134 is a reply to message #828117 ]
Thu, 14 December 2023 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Whelp, this game is on Stu.

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828135 is a reply to message #828117 ]
Thu, 14 December 2023 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Vaseline vs Stew was a big mismatch tonight.

https://global.discourse-cdn.com/boingboing/original/4X/1/2/9/129391194281dc46612c05bde2ba2e135c94f38f.gif

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828138 is a reply to message #828117 ]
Thu, 14 December 2023 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

Great comeback. Vasilevskiy deserves the win.

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828139 is a reply to message #828117 ]
Thu, 14 December 2023 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cpcos  is currently offline cpcos

No Cups

F* you Skinner

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828142 is a reply to message #828117 ]
Thu, 14 December 2023 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Refs figure Vaseline boy has done enough work so they have the instant whistle out.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27) [message #828144 is a reply to message #828142 ]
Thu, 14 December 2023 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Not dead yet

Previous Topic:Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #28)
Next Topic:Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #27)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca