This day on April 27
None

Happy Birthday To: chickenman23, handsmatter94, TashOiler88

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » 2023-24 Speculation ThreadPages (11): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827190 is a reply to message #827188 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Wed, 15 November 2023 13:24

Oilers should place a waiver claim for Bemstrom and learn from their Tolvanen mistake last year. 22 points in 55 games last year, right winger.

But they most certainly won’t and we will continue to play Adam Erne.

I don't know anything about the player other than what I can look up stats wise.

So other than make it so Erne doesn't play, which will be rectified on the weekend when Brown plays. What does he do that would help the Oilers? Based on the stats, he looks like a 3rd/4th line winger that doesn't score much, doesn't shoot a lot and doesn't play on your PK. I am not making light about the player, I don't know anything about him so I am asking.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 November 2023 13:46]

Send a private message to this user  

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827573 is a reply to message #824423 ]
Thu, 23 November 2023 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Rishaug out there parroting that the Oilers need Stanley Cup experience, toughness, and energy in a forward like Pat Maroon..

This is where we are folks. Media is re-telling us that we need a Milan Lucic type player, but one that is not Milan Lucic.

Clean house or bust

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827575 is a reply to message #827573 ]
Thu, 23 November 2023 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Thu, 23 November 2023 15:51

Rishaug out there parroting that the Oilers need Stanley Cup experience, toughness, and energy in a forward like Pat Maroon..

This is where we are folks. Media is re-telling us that we need a Milan Lucic type player, but one that is not Milan Lucic.

Blew 4M on Connor brown to add some grit and leadership. Now we also need Pat Maroon!

Holland should be fired immediately for even suggesting this to Jackson or anyone above him.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827576 is a reply to message #827575 ]
Thu, 23 November 2023 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NCREDiBLE  is currently offline NCREDiBLE

No Cups

I’d love Pat Maroon back but also… Klim Kostin! Maybe if ol Holland can work his Detroit connections, we could do a trade to get him back here. Guy had heart and was fun to watch.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827577 is a reply to message #827576 ]
Thu, 23 November 2023 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NCREDiBLE wrote on Thu, 23 November 2023 16:22

I’d love Pat Maroon back but also… Klim Kostin! Maybe if ol Holland can work his Detroit connections, we could do a trade to get him back here. Guy had heart and was fun to watch.

We could try to be innovators and play 4F 1D at even strength. Add in Perry, Maroon, Kostin and maybe see if Athanasiou wants to give the Oilers a try again.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827580 is a reply to message #827577 ]
Thu, 23 November 2023 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 23 November 2023 16:35

We could try to be innovators and play 4F 1D at even strength. Add in Perry, Maroon, Kostin and maybe see if Athanasiou wants to give the Oilers a try again.

Now, now.. Kostin was effective so was Maroon.
I’m saying getting back Kostin 50% retained would be awesome, guy has heart and was a favourite here. Would provide some pushback here.
Plus he seemed to be well liked in the locker room and this locker room needs something.

I’m not straying away that we desperately need to upgrade our defence and get a goalie but without the defence fixed, any goalie is gonna get lit up

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827581 is a reply to message #827580 ]
Thu, 23 November 2023 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NCREDiBLE wrote on Thu, 23 November 2023 17:43

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 23 November 2023 16:35

Now, now.. Kostin was effective so was Maroon.
I’m saying getting back Kostin 50% retained would be awesome, guy has heart and was a favourite here. Would provide some pushback here.
Plus he seemed to be well liked in the locker room and this locker room needs something.

I’m not straying away that we desperately need to upgrade our defence and get a goalie but without the defence fixed, any goalie is gonna get lit up

Definitely agree there are moves that would be nice to make. Especially around the deadline.

Sadly, Holland has us at 0 cap space and a minimal roster size and he sucks at trading. Just the cost of having to free up cap space will probably use up 30-40% of our easy to move assets. Then he maybe can only fix 1 position.

he's just created one huge disaster and there is almost no room to do anything aside from the absolute essential. And he probably doesn't even know what to fix right now is the extra twist :) He very well could be thinking another cup ring having winger can fix the room or something.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827617 is a reply to message #827581 ]
Sat, 25 November 2023 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Corey Perry might not be on the trade block… but maybe he will end up there??

“Blackhawks GM Kyle Davidson told the media on Saturday that it is the club's decision for Perry to be away from the team, not Perry's.” … “for the foreseeable future.”

Agent stated Perry stepped away to tend to personal matters.

This is a very weird situation. Lots of even weirder rumours floating around why.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827627 is a reply to message #827617 ]
Sun, 26 November 2023 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

nullterm wrote on Sat, 25 November 2023 12:44

Corey Perry might not be on the trade block… but maybe he will end up there??

“Blackhawks GM Kyle Davidson told the media on Saturday that it is the club's decision for Perry to be away from the team, not Perry's.” … “for the foreseeable future.”

Agent stated Perry stepped away to tend to personal matters.

This is a very weird situation. Lots of even weirder rumours floating around why.

Definitely want to hear more from this.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827664 is a reply to message #827617 ]
Mon, 27 November 2023 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

No Cups

Lots of even weirder rumours floating around why.

As a New York Jets fan, I love seeing "weird rumours" like this around another franchise. icon_lol

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827665 is a reply to message #827664 ]
Mon, 27 November 2023 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skoobz wrote on Mon, 27 November 2023 16:12

Lots of even weirder rumours floating around why.

As a New York Jets fan, I love seeing "weird rumours" like this around another franchise. icon_lol

Lol, this is totally made up, but even simply because this rumor exists, we should try to get Perry :)

Noting again, 99.9% chance this is not true!

Hockeyy Insiderr @HockeyyInsiderr
According to source close to the @NHLBlackhawks organization, the reason corey perry is away from the team is because he engaged in sexual intercourse with Connor bedard’s mother. The team has been trying to sweep it (yet another sexual scandal) under the rug .

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827666 is a reply to message #827665 ]
Mon, 27 November 2023 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Pretty gross rumor.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827667 is a reply to message #827666 ]
Mon, 27 November 2023 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 27 November 2023 16:57

Pretty gross rumor.

Gives us a chance to fix the mistake we made with Comrie.

And what contenting adult's do it's not automatically gross. ppl have needs sir.

Couple things to note from this. Chicago franchise has already proven they can't be trusted at all. They have tried to sweep under the rug things many times worse than any rumors ppl are coming up with. Their silence just opens the door to infinite amounts of speculation.

I just hope the league doesn't need give the Hawks another #1OA pick to erase what's to come.

[Updated on: Mon, 27 November 2023 17:20]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827671 is a reply to message #827667 ]
Tue, 28 November 2023 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 27 November 2023 16:59

Pretty gross rumor.

And what contenting adult's do it's not automatically gross. ppl have needs sir.

Couple things to note from this. Chicago franchise has already proven they can't be trusted at all. They have tried to sweep under the rug things many times worse than any rumors ppl are coming up with. Their silence just opens the door to infinite amounts of speculation.

I just hope the league doesn't need give the Hawks another #1OA pick to erase what's to come.

Bedard is 18 yrs old. He's a kid. I think spreading rumors about a kids family is just wrong. Someone shouldn't be talking about that kind of stuff at all but if they do, you need evidence it's true.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827677 is a reply to message #827671 ]
Tue, 28 November 2023 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I'd like to see the Oilers call up the Habs and see if they could swap McLeod for Monahan.

I think 3rd line center is pretty important on a team. I think these are all must haves to be a good 3rd line center.
- Be the leader of the bottom 6 scoring.
- Decent defensively.
- Play on your PK and maybe second unit PP. I think you need them to
- Win faceoffs as your 3rd line center will often get dzone starts and be on your PK.

It would be nice if they are more aggressive and physical but not an absolute must.

Monahan is finally healthy and moves decent. He in 21 games has 6 goals, 13 pts. He gets PP time and has 3 PP goals and 3 assists. He has 2 shorties. So he is scoring on the PP, PK and 5 on 5. He plays on the PK. He is playing as their 3rd line center. He's 58.8% on draws. He shoots a lot so he generates scoring chances. He's got good size but doesn't necessarily use it as much as he could. He's not physical at all which for me, is a small draw back but not a deal breaker. He's scored20+ goals 7 times and 30+3 times so he's got skill.

Money wise, he makes 1.985 and is a UFA at the end of this year.

McLeod skates very fast, is decent defensively and can play on the PK. But he doesn't score much and hasn't had a goal since March 2023. He's not physical at all and plays a pretty passive game. He doesn't shoot much nor does he generate a ton of chances for his linemates. The issues with him are the same as they were when he was in junior and in the AHL and all the years he's been in the NHL, so I am not seeing him coming out of it any time soon. At least not in time for the Oilers show are supposed to be in their championship window.

Money wise, he makes 2.1 for this year and next and is an RFA at the end of the 24-25 season.

Cap wise, it's 115k difference for the Habs. They are getting a younger player that might fit well with their group of younger forwards. The Habs are playing Dvorak as their 2nd line center. So maybe for the Habs, he could move up and play in a more offensive role that won't ever happen here in Edmonton. For the Oilers, you are getting a vet player who's still got lots of game and who checks off a lot of the boxes they could use right now that McLeod isn't giving them or isn't willing to do.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 November 2023 10:35]

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827800 is a reply to message #827677 ]
Wed, 29 November 2023 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 28 November 2023 10:33

I'd like to see the Oilers call up the Habs and see if they could swap McLeod for Monahan.

I think 3rd line center is pretty important on a team. I think these are all must haves to be a good 3rd line center.
- Be the leader of the bottom 6 scoring.
- Decent defensively.
- Play on your PK and maybe second unit PP. I think you need them to
- Win faceoffs as your 3rd line center will often get dzone starts and be on your PK.

It would be nice if they are more aggressive and physical but not an absolute must.

Monahan is finally healthy and moves decent. He in 21 games has 6 goals, 13 pts. He gets PP time and has 3 PP goals and 3 assists. He has 2 shorties. So he is scoring on the PP, PK and 5 on 5. He plays on the PK. He is playing as their 3rd line center. He's 58.8% on draws. He shoots a lot so he generates scoring chances. He's got good size but doesn't necessarily use it as much as he could. He's not physical at all which for me, is a small draw back but not a deal breaker. He's scored20+ goals 7 times and 30+3 times so he's got skill.

Money wise, he makes 1.985 and is a UFA at the end of this year.

McLeod skates very fast, is decent defensively and can play on the PK. But he doesn't score much and hasn't had a goal since March 2023. He's not physical at all and plays a pretty passive game. He doesn't shoot much nor does he generate a ton of chances for his linemates. The issues with him are the same as they were when he was in junior and in the AHL and all the years he's been in the NHL, so I am not seeing him coming out of it any time soon. At least not in time for the Oilers show are supposed to be in their championship window.

Money wise, he makes 2.1 for this year and next and is an RFA at the end of the 24-25 season.

Cap wise, it's 115k difference for the Habs. They are getting a younger player that might fit well with their group of younger forwards. The Habs are playing Dvorak as their 2nd line center. So maybe for the Habs, he could move up and play in a more offensive role that won't ever happen here in Edmonton. For the Oilers, you are getting a vet player who's still got lots of game and who checks off a lot of the boxes they could use right now that McLeod isn't giving them or isn't willing to do.

Sign me up, but now convince the Habs.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827868 is a reply to message #827800 ]
Sat, 02 December 2023 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

@Shae_Nuge93
Stauffer and Seravalli on 630 CHED:
Elvis Merzlikins' agent is Gerry Johansson (an Edmonton based agent)
CBJ and Elvis would welcome a change of scenary
Bob also said players on the Oilers have a lot of "Respect" for Elvis. Noted his play in the league and world championships.

Oilers: scouts in town to check him out
Elvis: "Scouts???"
https://twitter.com/BlueJacketsNHL/status/173078333266794098 4

Lots of twitter debate about Elvis and is he even an upgrade on Campbell by the numbers.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827893 is a reply to message #827868 ]
Tue, 05 December 2023 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

nullterm wrote on Sat, 02 December 2023 12:55

@Shae_Nuge93
Stauffer and Seravalli on 630 CHED:
Elvis Merzlikins' agent is Gerry Johansson (an Edmonton based agent)
CBJ and Elvis would welcome a change of scenary
Bob also said players on the Oilers have a lot of "Respect" for Elvis. Noted his play in the league and world championships.

Oilers: scouts in town to check him out
Elvis: "Scouts???"
https://twitter.com/BlueJacketsNHL/status/173078333266794098 4

Lots of twitter debate about Elvis and is he even an upgrade on Campbell by the numbers.

Goalies are voo-doo .. look like brick walls .. for a time.. then like a sieve.. and sometimes even a funnel..

Elvis looked great earlier in his career.. haven't seen him much last few years.. if he was playing like a top tier goalie I suspect we would have heard more.. and he wouldn't be available.

Buyer beware.. I just hope its more than Dusty Swartz's evaluations making this potential call.. on Elvis.. or any other stopper.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827799 is a reply to message #827671 ]
Wed, 29 November 2023 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 28 November 2023 08:22

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 27 November 2023 16:59

Pretty gross rumor.

Bedard is 18 yrs old. He's a kid. I think spreading rumors about a kids family is just wrong. Someone shouldn't be talking about that kind of stuff at all but if they do, you need evidence it's true.

At what age, and what topic is spreading rumours ever acceptable?

Aside from trade rumours.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827691 is a reply to message #824423 ]
Tue, 28 November 2023 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Charlie Roumeliotis @CRoumeliotis

BREAKING: #Blackhawks have placed Corey Perry on unconditional waivers and plan to terminate his contract, effective immediately.

Team statement:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GACv2LNWYAAnyCU?format=png&name=small

Maybe there was more than 1 hockey mom involved.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827693 is a reply to message #827691 ]
Tue, 28 November 2023 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

he's going to sue them, following Evander Kane's path. They're going to pay him unless he's done something illegal.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827696 is a reply to message #827693 ]
Tue, 28 November 2023 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi is currently online CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Dragon_Matt wrote on Tue, 28 November 2023 12:32

he's going to sue them, following Evander Kane's path. They're going to pay him unless he's done something illegal.

It was 'conduct that is unacceptable' and we live in a society that values extrajudicial justice. The conduct was unacceptable.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827700 is a reply to message #827696 ]
Tue, 28 November 2023 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 28 November 2023 13:08

we live in a society that values extrajudicial justice. The conduct was unacceptable.

Looch was arrested of domestic abuse, has been before a judge and still hasn't had his contract terminated. Unless Chicago is over-correcting for their sketchy af past, I think I'll give them the benefit of the doubt here that Perry has done something serious.

If it was just drugs/alcohol, they'd put him in the player assistance program first.

Speculation gonna run wild until someone breaks the news.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827702 is a reply to message #827700 ]
Tue, 28 November 2023 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

JPro wrote on Tue, 28 November 2023 13:50

we live in a society that values extrajudicial justice. The conduct was unacceptable.

Looch was arrested of domestic abuse, has been before a judge and still hasn't had his contract terminated. Unless Chicago is over-correcting for their sketchy af past, I think I'll give them the benefit of the doubt here that Perry has done something serious.

If it was just drugs/alcohol, they'd put him in the player assistance program first.

This is a lesson in public relations. Chicago made this into a mystery and *shocked pikachu* people started to speculate. The Blackhawks screwed the Blackhawks here.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827703 is a reply to message #827700 ]
Tue, 28 November 2023 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

JPro wrote on Tue, 28 November 2023 12:50

I don’t think any reporter has the balls to break this news. We will probably have to wait for legal docs to come out.

My bet is that it is going to go down like the Jim Montgomery firing in Dallas (fired for doing…something…while under influence).

Clean house or bust

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827704 is a reply to message #827703 ]
Tue, 28 November 2023 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Tue, 28 November 2023 13:58

JPro wrote on Tue, 28 November 2023 12:50

I don’t think any reporter has the balls to break this news. We will probably have to wait for legal docs to come out.

My bet is that it is going to go down like the Jim Montgomery firing in Dallas (fired for doing…something…while under influence).

This leaves the rumor on the table.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827708 is a reply to message #827704 ]
Tue, 28 November 2023 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Have the Oilers already done their mom's game night? If they did, I would toss Perry a league min deal.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827705 is a reply to message #827700 ]
Tue, 28 November 2023 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

JPro wrote on Tue, 28 November 2023 15:50

I would think that Chicago is moving fast to terminate the contract because of their past. I imagine it must be something pretty serious, and now that a bunch of rumours are flying around I hope some more details come out put the crazier rumours to rest. I don't think the team is going to do it since they are washing their hands of him, so I would hope that Perry says something at some point.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827697 is a reply to message #827691 ]
Tue, 28 November 2023 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 28 November 2023 12:27

Charlie Roumeliotis @CRoumeliotis

BREAKING: #Blackhawks have placed Corey Perry on unconditional waivers and plan to terminate his contract, effective immediately.

Team statement:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GACv2LNWYAAnyCU?format=png&name=small

Maybe there was more than 1 hockey mom involved.

1) If Chicago of all teams thinks it's bad, it's bad
2) Alcohol or drug related, he would be offered treatment most likely as per every other player prior to him
3) We're well aware of Lucic's situation, and even that wasn't enough to get him (nearly) immediately terminated.
4) Gambling on games would be a league wide suspension

The plot thickens. Presser at 4pm central time / 3pm Etown time.

Someone should start a poll with multiple options.

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:17

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:00

The president thinks he has the ideal male body.
It's hard to disagree that he has the ideal male body.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827698 is a reply to message #827697 ]
Tue, 28 November 2023 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

It’s wide open.

Doing drugs wouldn’t get your contract terminated. Offering it to young players probably would.

I don’t think we will find out at the presser, there is probably a lot of legalities to sort out before we have an idea.

Clean house or bust

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827699 is a reply to message #827698 ]
Tue, 28 November 2023 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

smyth260 wrote on Tue, 28 November 2023 13:33

It’s wide open.

Doing drugs wouldn’t get your contract terminated. Offering it to young players probably would.

I don’t think we will find out at the presser, there is probably a lot of legalities to sort out before we have an idea.

Offering to anyone would be a criminal issue (I think??) and again, unless Perry flat out refused, he could just play the treatment card and still collect his pay.

Maybe he publicly stated how over rated a Chicago Dog is.....

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827701 is a reply to message #827699 ]
Tue, 28 November 2023 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

crossing a boarder with it would be too. al a Mike Richards.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827710 is a reply to message #827701 ]
Tue, 28 November 2023 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Would racist / transphobic language/texting be enough to cause termination?

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827716 is a reply to message #827710 ]
Tue, 28 November 2023 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

bigEfromGP wrote on Tue, 28 November 2023 14:57

Yes.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827717 is a reply to message #827716 ]
Tue, 28 November 2023 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Tue, 28 November 2023 16:05

Yes.

Seems summary is workplace issue, no players or player family member involved. Maybe could involve staff. Might have to wait for the Corey Perry memoirs to find out.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827719 is a reply to message #827717 ]
Tue, 28 November 2023 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 28 November 2023 17:21

Yes.

Seems summary is workplace issue, no players or player family member involved. Maybe could involve staff. Might have to wait for the Corey Perry memoirs to find out.

Or a legitimate journalist whose job is to inform the public of what’s going on will crack the case! Lol. Just kidding, they’re water carrying public relations departments.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827741 is a reply to message #827717 ]
Tue, 28 November 2023 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 28 November 2023 16:21

Yes.

Watched Davisson’s press conference. He was on the verge of crying. I’m no FBI profiler, but that’s not the reaction to a player bedding someone’s mom. Perry did something not illegal, but still extremely hurtful to someone.

Bedard is also still giving interviews like nothing happened to him or anyone near him.

Perry must have done something legit awful. This just keep more bizarre.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827769 is a reply to message #827741 ]
Tue, 28 November 2023 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/38999666/blackhawks-waiv e-corey-perry-unacceptable-conduct

Davidson said the team was first notified of the allegations last week when the Blackhawks were in Columbus, Ohio, on Wednesday to play the Blue Jackets. Sources told ESPN's Emily Kaplan that Perry indeed traveled with the team to Columbus last Tuesday, a day before the game, and an incident occurred that day involving a team employee. Davidson said Perry, who did not play in the team's 7-3 loss, was "immediately pulled" from the game once the Blackhawks were notified, and at that point, the club began an investigation.

Now details are leaking out.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827777 is a reply to message #827769 ]
Wed, 29 November 2023 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

nullterm wrote on Tue, 28 November 2023 22:51

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/38999666/blackhawks-waiv e-corey-perry-unacceptable-conduct

Davidson said the team was first notified of the allegations last week when the Blackhawks were in Columbus, Ohio, on Wednesday to play the Blue Jackets. Sources told ESPN's Emily Kaplan that Perry indeed traveled with the team to Columbus last Tuesday, a day before the game, and an incident occurred that day involving a team employee. Davidson said Perry, who did not play in the team's 7-3 loss, was "immediately pulled" from the game once the Blackhawks were notified, and at that point, the club began an investigation.

Now details are leaking out.

Brett Favre-type situation?

I don’t imagine we will get more details than are currently out unless someone presses charges for whatever happened. Both sides are incentivized to just settle any legal dispute - it won’t be significant dollars in the end. Hockey media doesn’t burn teams or players because it would cause them to lose access so unless it’s so bad that someone calls Rick Westhead then no one is going to even talk about what it is other than pooh-poohing the rumours.

How long until a hot mic catches a player razzing Bedard about said rumours though?

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827960 is a reply to message #827777 ]
Thu, 07 December 2023 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

No Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 29 November 2023 00:50

Brett Favre-type situation?

Circles back to my fine New York Jets, yet again. icon_lol

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827792 is a reply to message #827710 ]
Wed, 29 November 2023 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

I'm guessing either racial slurs or dick pics. If I had to choose one, I'm going to go with racial slurs on this one.

Pages (11): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Toronto - Hot take
Next Topic:Holland’s Successor
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca