This day on April 28
None

Happy Birthday To: Oilerfan in Tulsa, rrathel716

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » 2023-24 Speculation ThreadPages (11): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #825319 is a reply to message #825317 ]
Thu, 24 August 2023 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 24 August 2023 11:28

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 24 August 2023 11:12

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 24 August 2023 11:06

smyth260 wrote on Wed, 23 August 2023 08:14

Friedman reporting Bouchard is coming in at 2x3.9M, though not official from team yet.

Too bad, this is going to bite us. Draisaitl and Bouch due at the same time.

If Draisaitl does not re-sign an extension next summer then we have bigger things to worry about than the contracts ending simultaneously.

Getting Draisaitl locked up, and then McDavid will be priority. Moving Bouchard if needed will suck, but not the end of the world. He should fetch a handsome return and we have seen multiple offensive d-men fill the same role.

The PP is less important than his 5v5 impact IMO. We are still bone dry on D that can make plays 5v5. Even more dry on the right side. Ceci is lousy 5v5, Barrie wasn't that good either overall 5v5. Not much else there.

But yeah, Drai gone, McDavid likely follows. It's back to tank time. May as well trade Bouch for 1st round picks.

5v5 is our nemesis to winning a cup. If Bouchard wants to be paid like an elite and we cannot afford him there should be significantly cheaper replacement players that can give you similar 5v5 numbers available, and the PP could be replaced by Nurse, player X or possibly Ekholm without a significant drop.

Although sometimes I do not live in the real world, so take my two bits as you see fit.

If Bouch keeps trending like he has then I don't think you're getting similar 5v5 offensive contributions very easily any time soon, especially with how this team is managed. These are players that you draft and keep, or you pull off a robbery trade. We are more likely to be the robbed than the robber, unless there is some big shakeup coming in our management. The Oilers have been trying to get what Bouch is looking to become for over a decade and a half now. We've thrown away guys that ended up winning a Hart, and overpaid UFA turds and done all kinds of gross asset value destroying things along the way.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Send a private message to this user  

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #825383 is a reply to message #824423 ]
Thu, 31 August 2023 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Wow. Pettersson suggesting he won't extend with the Canucks if it doesn't look like he can win there

Sportsnet 650 @Sportsnet650
·
Follow
🗣️"I would say a lot of it. Almost all of it."

▶️@MikeHalford604 & @SadClubCommish chat with @FriedgeHNIC about his conversation with Elias Pettersson, and how much of Petey's decision to re-sign with the #Canucks will be based on how the team does this season.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #825388 is a reply to message #825383 ]
Fri, 01 September 2023 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

I don't believe it. Pettersoon has buddies on the team.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #825390 is a reply to message #825388 ]
Fri, 01 September 2023 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 01 September 2023 08:07

I think he has his own off-ice posse kinda like Jagr had. Seems like a unique fellow. He's like the NHL's version of that Entourage show.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ENhb7WIX0AEvisM?format=jpg&name=small

[Updated on: Fri, 01 September 2023 09:18]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #825391 is a reply to message #825390 ]
Fri, 01 September 2023 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 01 September 2023 11:17

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 01 September 2023 08:07

I think he has his own off-ice posse kinda like Jagr had. Seems like a unique fellow. He's like the NHL's version of that Entourage show.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ENhb7WIX0AEvisM?format=jpg&name=small

The guys on his left and right are 100% the same person. Either that or twins, but I think they are just the same person.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #826800 is a reply to message #824423 ]
Wed, 08 November 2023 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

@Kgill39:
"Mark Spector said this morning, on the Kevin Karius show, Ken Holland is deep into the goalie market and hunting for a goalie. The names he’s been hearing is Jordan Binnington and, to an extent, Jake Allen"

God damn it . Binnington having a bit of a bounceback season based on a tiny sample, but he has had runs of being just horrible since he won a cup as a rookie. Allen is about as meh as a goalie gets. He's also had confidence and consistency issues throughout his career.

[Updated on: Wed, 08 November 2023 10:33]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #826802 is a reply to message #826800 ]
Wed, 08 November 2023 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 08 November 2023 10:31

@Kgill39:
"Mark Spector said this morning, on the Kevin Karius show, Ken Holland is deep into the goalie market and hunting for a goalie. The names he’s been hearing is Jordan Binnington and, to an extent, Jake Allen"

God damn it . Binnington having a bit of a bounceback season based on a tiny sample, but he has had runs of being just horrible since he won a cup as a rookie. Allen is about as meh as a goalie gets. He's also had confidence and consistency issues throughout his career.

I heard that too. The stank of desperation coming from the Oilers home office in Kelowna is thick. The failure to come up with a contingency plan over the summer after the goalies and defense simply weren't good enough in the playoffs last year is appalling. It's just unbelievable to risk a cup or nothing season on Campbell bouncing back... and hoping Skinner also bounces back.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #826810 is a reply to message #826802 ]
Wed, 08 November 2023 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 08 November 2023 10:42

@Kgill39:

I heard that too. The stank of desperation coming from the Oilers home office in Kelowna is thick. The failure to come up with a contingency plan over the summer after the goalies and defense simply weren't good enough in the playoffs last year is appalling. It's just unbelievable to risk a cup or nothing season on Campbell bouncing back... and hoping Skinner also bounces back.

Instead hoping for an AHL call up giving us the Binnington bump, just go get the real deal. Would Calgary ever move Markstrom to Edmonton even though financially and historically it makes zero sense for either side.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #826811 is a reply to message #826810 ]
Wed, 08 November 2023 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Unless the information is coming from Stauffer who gets fed info from the team to filter to the fans, I take rumors from various media people not overly serious. The amount of teams who have even 1 decent goalie is not a lot. Very few have 2 decent goalies. So it seems like media guys just look at teams who have goalies that you might have a small chance at getting then say they are interested.

I am sure the Oilers would have interest in Shesterkin, doesn't mean they can get him.

Lowetide mentioning Vladar. Good lord. No thanks.

[Updated on: Wed, 08 November 2023 12:53]

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #826822 is a reply to message #826810 ]
Wed, 08 November 2023 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 08 November 2023 12:41

@Kgill39:

Instead hoping for an AHL call up giving us the Binnington bump, just go get the real deal. Would Calgary ever move Markstrom to Edmonton even though financially and historically it makes zero sense for either side.

We tried hard for Markstrom too before Campbell. Maybe a Marky for Campbell swap? Just for laughs. Both teams still screwed :)

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #826824 is a reply to message #826822 ]
Wed, 08 November 2023 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Red Rage  is currently offline Red Rage

No Cups

delete

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #826825 is a reply to message #826822 ]
Wed, 08 November 2023 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Red Rage  is currently offline Red Rage

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 08 November 2023 16:39

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 08 November 2023 12:41

@Kgill39:

We tried hard for Markstrom too before Campbell. Maybe a Marky for Campbell swap? Just for laughs. Both teams still screwed :)

Throw Nurse and Huberdeau in there too!

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #826936 is a reply to message #826825 ]
Fri, 10 November 2023 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

So... If we were to waive Skinner... how much cap space would that get us after bringing up Rodrigue?
Maybe this is how we build up our cap space for a trade deadline deal!

Pickard and Rodrigue can't do worse than Campbell and Skinner have. What's to lose?

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #826937 is a reply to message #826936 ]
Fri, 10 November 2023 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Dragon_Matt wrote on Fri, 10 November 2023 13:38

So... If we were to waive Skinner... how much cap space would that get us after bringing up Rodrigue?
Maybe this is how we build up our cap space for a trade deadline deal!

Pickard and Rodrigue can't do worse than Campbell and Skinner have. What's to lose?

The cap saving would be the exact same amount as with Campbell!! (I'm 95% sure)

Reminder: it can always get worse.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #826938 is a reply to message #826937 ]
Fri, 10 November 2023 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

NHL league average save % in 22-23 was .904.
if we had .900 save % we'd have let in 30-31 goals. considering we have a total of 31 goals for in 2023-24 to date, I think it's safe to say... our goaltending sucks.
Even if the goaltending actually did get worse by having Rodrigue and Pickard as our NHL 1A and 1B, it can't get worse in the standings... literally.
At least then you're accumulating some cap space for that Patty Kane or Phil Kessel, our offense so desperately needs, signing.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #826941 is a reply to message #824423 ]
Sat, 11 November 2023 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Lol, this being true might actually finally break me

Dash in the Park @dashinthepark
Breaking NEWS from the @HeavyHockeyNet ! Multiple sources confirming that

Holland, Woodcroft, and Manson out after this road trip and long-weekend!

Paul Coffey and Glen Gulutzan are POTENTIAL names being looked at for the interim.

Ah, who am I kidding. Seeing the train wreck keep triggering new explosions and chaos is still entertaining to watch.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #826942 is a reply to message #826941 ]
Sat, 11 November 2023 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 10 November 2023 23:17

Paul Coffey and Glen Gulutzan are POTENTIAL names being looked at for the interim.

Ah, who am I kidding. Seeing the train wreck keep triggering new explosions and chaos is still entertaining to watch.

Good if Holland is gone.

Meh if Woodcroft is gone… he’s been given poor roster, but what he does have looks confused and lost. Have seen enough bottom of barrel rosters that still show up to play like they cared well above their weight class.

Replacing guys who shat the bed with Old Boys Club guy with no track record who will even more likely shat the bed worse and be impossible to fire is perfect Oilers emotional rollercoaster.

[Updated on: Sat, 11 November 2023 01:01]

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #826946 is a reply to message #826941 ]
Sat, 11 November 2023 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 11 November 2023 00:17

Who is dash in the park?

And yeah - if Coffey was the next GM...good god.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #826947 is a reply to message #826946 ]
Sat, 11 November 2023 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 11 November 2023 11:06

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 11 November 2023 00:17

Who is dash in the park?

And yeah - if Coffey was the next GM...good god.

Media guys like Friedman and others have been vouching for how smart and influential Coffey appears to be in the Oilers org over the last year or so. He is following something similar to the MacT rise to SVP then down to GM to save the day.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827188 is a reply to message #824423 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Oilers should place a waiver claim for Bemstrom and learn from their Tolvanen mistake last year. 22 points in 55 games last year, right winger.

But they most certainly won’t and we will continue to play Adam Erne.

Clean house or bust

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827189 is a reply to message #827188 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Wed, 15 November 2023 13:24

Oilers should place a waiver claim for Bemstrom and learn from their Tolvanen mistake last year. 22 points in 55 games last year, right winger.

Nice, one potential benefit of being 2nd last in the league.

But will we actually use it?

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827191 is a reply to message #827189 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 15 November 2023 13:42

Do you know when the order of waiver pick up flips to current standings vs last year?

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827192 is a reply to message #827191 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 15 November 2023 13:45

Do you know when the order of waiver pick up flips to current standings vs last year?

I actually didn't know there was a long period using last year order. Guess it's ~2 months in the season.

Looks like Nov 1 is the day they change to use current standings. So only the Sharks can claim a guy before us right now.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827194 is a reply to message #827192 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 15 November 2023 13:48

I actually didn't know there was a long period using last year order. Guess it's ~2 months in the season.

Looks like Nov 1 is the day they change to use current standings. So only the Sharks can claim a guy before us right now.

Is it a red flag on the player if the Sharks don't take him? They literally lack NHL talent and he's not making much. He's an RFA after this year so if you don't like him, just don't qualify him. For the Oilers, we are talking about filling out the 13th forward. For the Sharks, he'd play probably most games.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827195 is a reply to message #827194 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 15 November 2023 13:59

Is it a red flag on the player if the Sharks don't take him? They literally lack NHL talent and he's not making much. He's an RFA after this year so if you don't like him, just don't qualify him. For the Oilers, we are talking about filling out the 13th forward. For the Sharks, he'd play probably most games.

Sharks are dreadful and there's no evidence that Grier knows what he's doing as a GM, so I wouldn't take their actions as proof of anything.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827199 is a reply to message #827195 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 15 November 2023 14:05

Sharks are dreadful and there's no evidence that Grier knows what he's doing as a GM, so I wouldn't take their actions as proof of anything.

They may just be tanking too lol. Why cost the boss extra money with another roster player?

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827202 is a reply to message #827199 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 15 November 2023 14:44

They may just be tanking too lol. Why cost the boss extra money with another roster player?

Someone should tell them they missed Bedard already...

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827212 is a reply to message #827202 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 15 November 2023 14:53

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 15 November 2023 14:44

Someone should tell them they missed Bedard already...

Can always try the Oilers 2.0 rebuild and Buffalo method.

Macklin Celebrini's name alone is something I'd happily tank for, not gonna lie.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827558 is a reply to message #827212 ]
Thu, 23 November 2023 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

@BenPopeCST
Corey Perry, after being healthy-scratched due to an “organization decision” last night, is not practicing with the Blackhawks today.

Petr Mrazek is not either. Not a very joyous Thanksgiving around these parts.

@MarkLazerus
Tried to get Richardson to at least clarify if Perry's situation was asset management for a trade or something disciplinary, noting all the wild speculation already out there: "I’m sure there is but unfortunately, I can’t give you anything but that today."

@BenPopeCST
Foligno on Corey Perry: “We just know he’s not with us. Haven’t gotten any details. It’s unfortunate; he’s a big part of this. We’ll miss him.”

@OviClapBomb
So,

Taylor Hall is announced as being “Out for the season” meaning we now have an additional 6M in cap space to work with.

At the same time, Corey Perry & Mrazek are mysteriously missing from practice, With the team refusing to comment.

Surely a trade is on the Horizon.

Perry was scratched for organizational reasons last night. Now Perry and Mrazek are both absent from practice today.

[Updated on: Thu, 23 November 2023 12:33]

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827559 is a reply to message #827558 ]
Thu, 23 November 2023 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

nullterm wrote on Thu, 23 November 2023 12:32

@BenPopeCST
Corey Perry, after being healthy-scratched due to an “organization decision” last night, is not practicing with the Blackhawks today.

Petr Mrazek is not either. Not a very joyous Thanksgiving around these parts.

@MarkLazerus
Tried to get Richardson to at least clarify if Perry's situation was asset management for a trade or something disciplinary, noting all the wild speculation already out there: "I’m sure there is but unfortunately, I can’t give you anything but that today."

@BenPopeCST
Foligno on Corey Perry: “We just know he’s not with us. Haven’t gotten any details. It’s unfortunate; he’s a big part of this. We’ll miss him.”

@OviClapBomb
So,

Taylor Hall is announced as being “Out for the season” meaning we now have an additional 6M in cap space to work with.

At the same time, Corey Perry & Mrazek are mysteriously missing from practice, With the team refusing to comment.

Surely a trade is on the Horizon.

Perry was scratched for organizational reasons last night. Now Perry and Mrazek are both absent from practice today.

Mrazek, lol. That would be so very Holland. Back to the old "guys he had in Detroit" pool.

He can play well sometimes, but the guy is another bag of glass. And doubt he is good enough to handle the garbage we do in our zone without getting hurt or his confidence beat down. He's enough of a vet that we probably have to pay out the nose for him too.

[Updated on: Thu, 23 November 2023 12:48]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827561 is a reply to message #827559 ]
Thu, 23 November 2023 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Fun speculation!

Perry and Mrazek make 4 and 3.8 respectively and the Oilers have essentially no cap space. So that means they have to trade Campbell + 2 million worth of cap space (Foegele at 2.7, Kulak at 2.7, and McLeod at 2.1 are the only options. OR Skinner at 2.6 + 5ish million of cap space which puts Hyman, RNH, and Kane into the conversation.

This could be all-time amazing.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827562 is a reply to message #827561 ]
Thu, 23 November 2023 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Campbell and Skinner!

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827563 is a reply to message #827562 ]
Thu, 23 November 2023 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Campbell would probably turn it around in Chicago. No pressure from being in a rebuild, he can rebuild his confidence. If this is the case I’d wish him well.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827564 is a reply to message #827562 ]
Thu, 23 November 2023 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Dragon_Matt wrote on Thu, 23 November 2023 13:01

Campbell and Skinner!

Could you imagine? I could. The amount of pressure that would put on Mrazek to magically succeed behind that defense would be incredible. Oh man. If they decide to lose a trade to get a goalie but don't address the tire dumpster underground coal seam fire that is the defense... I want this more than anything now.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827566 is a reply to message #827564 ]
Thu, 23 November 2023 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 23 November 2023 13:07

Dragon_Matt wrote on Thu, 23 November 2023 13:01

Campbell and Skinner!

Could you imagine? I could. The amount of pressure that would put on Mrazek to magically succeed behind that defense would be incredible. Oh man. If they decide to lose a trade to get a goalie but don't address the tire dumpster underground coal seam fire that is the defense... I want this more than anything now.

I am pretty surprised when Campbell got waived, the team didn't all buckle down defensively some out of guilt. By all accounts Campbell was very well liked and while he needed to be better, my god do they give up a lot of grade A chances and I don't think it's all system related.

The whole team defensively just has not played well at all and the amount of just dumb mistakes they make are mind boggling. I don't think they are constructed to a top tier team defensively but they are good enough they should be able to be mid pack if they are playing well. So I thought waiving Campbell would wake them up a little. If the players think just a different goalie will magically fix it all with them playing differently, they are sadly mistaken.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827565 is a reply to message #827561 ]
Thu, 23 November 2023 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 23 November 2023 12:57

Fun speculation!

Perry and Mrazek make 4 and 3.8 respectively and the Oilers have essentially no cap space. So that means they have to trade Campbell + 2 million worth of cap space (Foegele at 2.7, Kulak at 2.7, and McLeod at 2.1 are the only options. OR Skinner at 2.6 + 5ish million of cap space which puts Hyman, RNH, and Kane into the conversation.

Hall done for the year. Athanasiou on LTIR. That's 10.25 mill in freed up cap space. I am pretending magic happens.

Oilers trade the Hawks Campbell and whatever, the return is Mrazek. The Hawks want to make sure they are bad for a while so they want Campbell.

So now the Oilers have Skinner and Mrazek as goalies. I am not too sold on Mrazek, he could probably be a back up if needed.

Pretending another trade happens for a goalie, who is even a realistic target that might have a chance to be good?

Any top goalie is out of the question. I am taking Saros out because it's been reported he's not getting traded. I'm talking someone you could actually get

Guy, let's keep the "Oilers management is a joke"out of this for a bit. This isn't me protecting them. It's miserable being an Oilers fan right now. It's pretty obvious things are a dumpster fire right now and management is a cause. It would just be nice to not have have another discussion on why the manange sucks to get a break from it. We have all done theoretical trades in our heads before. We all could use a little fun right now vs doubling down on the negative.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827568 is a reply to message #827565 ]
Thu, 23 November 2023 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

You know I wonder if they trade Campbell and retain some salary. A 2 or 2.5 million dead cap hit for next year is better than a 3.5 million buyout cap hit. Campbell at 2.5 might be palatable for a bad team.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827569 is a reply to message #827568 ]
Thu, 23 November 2023 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 23 November 2023 14:06

You know I wonder if they trade Campbell and retain some salary. A 2 or 2.5 million dead cap hit for next year is better than a 3.5 million buyout cap hit. Campbell at 2.5 might be palatable for a bad team.

A Campbell buyout would be as follows based on the calculator on Capfriendly

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827572 is a reply to message #827569 ]
Thu, 23 November 2023 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 23 November 2023 14:33

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 23 November 2023 14:06

A Campbell buyout would be as follows based on the calculator on Capfriendly

Boy I did some bad mental math there. So retaining makes no sense since it wouldn't save them any cap while the cup window theoretically would still exist. The buyout might, but it would really hinder the team for McDavid's last year under contract.

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827567 is a reply to message #827561 ]
Thu, 23 November 2023 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 23 November 2023 12:57

Fun speculation!

What the. Just saw 38 year old Perry has 4-5-9 in 16 games for 4M. Recent history suggests that's an insane bargain. Infinitely better than another 4M orange bearded guy.

Sign me up!

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2023-24 Speculation Thread [message #827190 is a reply to message #827188 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I don't know anything about the player other than what I can look up stats wise.

So other than make it so Erne doesn't play, which will be rectified on the weekend when Brown plays. What does he do that would help the Oilers? Based on the stats, he looks like a 3rd/4th line winger that doesn't score much, doesn't shoot a lot and doesn't play on your PK. I am not making light about the player, I don't know anything about him so I am asking.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 November 2023 13:46]

Pages (11): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Toronto - Hot take
Next Topic:Holland’s Successor
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca