This day on April 30
Acquired: Bryan Muir (1996)

Happy Birthday To: oilfan351, CaptainBucky, Oilersfanatic6, oilers80s, Molsonmagneto, uglyoil

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827233]
Wed, 15 November 2023 21:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final (OT)

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   68%
Seattle to win:   32%
19 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827239 is a reply to message #827233 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Wow. What a comeback. Second game with natural hatty in last 3. We got some functional top 6 wingers again this year. Hope it lasts

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827242 is a reply to message #827239 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

McDavid starting to open it up, haven’t seen him skating like that all season.

Kane with the bonkers natural hattie to go from 1-3 to OT win.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827251 is a reply to message #827242 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

nullterm wrote on Wed, 15 November 2023 21:26

Went to the game and they looked uninterested for 54 minutes. Drai kept giving away the puck with blind passes. Bouchard looked so weak in every aspect of his game. Connor kept trying to go 1 on 4 unsuccessfully. Vinnie - ?????. The bottom 6 didn't look bad but they barely hit the ice. Luckily, Skinner was wearing a velcro suit and not giving up rebounds. But the wheels were off and they looked done for a loss.

Then they showed up. Skated, hit, forechecked, pressured the opposition, shot, passed, etc. Drai got on the ice late in the game and they got trapped in their own end. So frustrating when he looks out of sorts. Finally they got the offensive zone attack going and Kane just blew everyone away. One man show. Beauty hands around the net. A lot of people left at 3-1 so it was great to see a comeback.

Been going to games since the glory days and tonight was the first time I won anything. I won the t-shirt toss. Twice!!! Wave Towel Wave Towel

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827253 is a reply to message #827251 ]
Thu, 16 November 2023 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

stemhovlichski wrote on Wed, 15 November 2023 22:51

nullterm wrote on Wed, 15 November 2023 21:26

Went to the game and they looked uninterested for 54 minutes. Drai kept giving away the puck with blind passes. Bouchard looked so weak in every aspect of his game. Connor kept trying to go 1 on 4 unsuccessfully. Vinnie - ?????. The bottom 6 didn't look bad but they barely hit the ice. Luckily, Skinner was wearing a velcro suit and not giving up rebounds. But the wheels were off and they looked done for a loss.

Then they showed up. Skated, hit, forechecked, pressured the opposition, shot, passed, etc. Drai got on the ice late in the game and they got trapped in their own end. So frustrating when he looks out of sorts. Finally they got the offensive zone attack going and Kane just blew everyone away. One man show. Beauty hands around the net. A lot of people left at 3-1 so it was great to see a comeback.

Been going to games since the glory days and tonight was the first time I won anything. I won the t-shirt toss. Twice!!! Wave Towel Wave Towel

Were you in section 130? I thought somebody got 2 right in front of us.

The rebounds Skinner did give up were juicy af.

Re: Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827255 is a reply to message #827253 ]
Thu, 16 November 2023 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

Up in the cheap seats but in the attacking zone so got to see all the Oilers' goals from a decent vantage point.

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827256 is a reply to message #827239 ]
Thu, 16 November 2023 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 15 November 2023 20:23

Wow. What a comeback. Second game with natural hatty in last 3. We got some functional top 6 wingers again this year. Hope it lasts

Kane has been engaged every game.. just starting to cash in with points.. had great game.. never faded.

Some guys still need to get physically involved .. like #71 standing beside McCann on the 1st goal.. skates back to McCann.. right beside him .. and decides just to pull a figure skater impression doing a pairs dance routine.. Its been identified as 71's weakness since junior and AHL.. maybe Knobby can do some hypnosis .. ? .. kids got the wheels.. just can't do anything with them yet..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827240 is a reply to message #827233 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

3 on 3 overtime is so exciting with this team.

Re: Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827241 is a reply to message #827233 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NCREDiBLE  is currently offline NCREDiBLE

No Cups

Nurse absolutely saved the game for us when McDavid lost the puck and then Kane with the game of his life! 3 in a row boys!!!!

Re: Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827243 is a reply to message #827241 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Looks like Kane is healthy again!

Re: Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827244 is a reply to message #827233 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

“I wish I knew how to quit you”

Re: Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827246 is a reply to message #827233 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Good thing they got these points tonight. Saturday is the start of the Southeast road trip where they will get curbstomped.

Re: Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827247 is a reply to message #827246 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

Can’t believe they
Came back. Wow!!!!

Re: Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827248 is a reply to message #827246 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Wed, 15 November 2023 22:08

Good thing they got these points tonight. Saturday is the start of the Southeast road trip where they will get curbstomped.

Enjoy the moment brother, not saying you are wrong but the PTSD is real. If we die with the defeats we need to live with the wins.

Re: Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827249 is a reply to message #827246 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Gotta pop in a cliche here about how being on the road helps teams jell, and let's them put 100% focus on the games. Gonna be the best road trip EVA!

New coach, new focus, new mission, no need to spend energy stopping Campbell from crying over in the corner of the room while he deals with whatever stuff is goin on over there.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 November 2023 22:29]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827254 is a reply to message #827246 ]
Thu, 16 November 2023 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

As long as they bootfeck the Canes, I'm happy. Those know-nothing fan hillbillies are damn annoying on Redditt.

Gotta play a way cleaner game in their end than tonight.

Re: Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827252 is a reply to message #827233 ]
Thu, 16 November 2023 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

I was at this one, pretty pensive effort through most of the game tbh. Oilers were plain lucky early in the game not to be down by a couple.

Kane had it going on most of the night I thought, even aside from the obvious. I think Connor's wheels are coming back.

Pretty ghastly for some on the back end though with the exception of Nurse, Ceci with a decent night for Ceci, Bouchard with 3 points and second star, but abysmal soft defending, zero urgency. I didnt think Ekholm played that well either. For Bouchard, kind of a night that Coffey had some nights, but with less speed and offensive acumen.

Old habits though. Random loose Kraken guys wide open in the slot. Breakout was horrible as usual. 3rd line with some good zone time at times but zero going to the net. Not a lot of urgency in general for pucks at net.

It was going poorly. We were going to bail on this one halfway through the 3rd, but hung on for some reason. Oilers giving no indication and the refs were deciding this....2 mystifying calls, phantom trip on Nuge, then I forget who, a crosscheck that didn't happen. Then Kane scores with 6 or 7 min left, but still not much threatening until late, then they got Skinner out and by golly nuge to drai to kane and in.

So overtime, and they send out Ekholm and Bouchard with LD. Did anyone watch the postgame and get a rationalisation of that? Like are they trying for possession and a quick change or something? Nothing good happened there that I saw. Anyway, they did finally get some pressure out of 97/93 with a couple chances, then Kane is pretty heroic out there with Hyman on some possession keeps and scores. You get enough quality in your top 6 and someone's going to do something, theoretically. Tonight it was EK91.

Pandemonium in the building. So basically probably the most pumped I've been at the ending of any game outside a playoff game, for a long time if ever. Pulled one they needed out of their arses, but clearly lots of work to do and an incomplete effort. Felt like the Oilers just heisted this one from the Kraken and some terrible refs.

[Updated on: Thu, 16 November 2023 00:35]

Re: Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827257 is a reply to message #827252 ]
Thu, 16 November 2023 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Give a lot of credit to skinner as wel. He was incredible in the third and didn’t get rattled after allowing those three goals in the second. Now have stopped something like 82 pucks on 87 shots in the last three games. He has really turned his season around and I hope continues to play like this. With this skinner in net (even if he allows the odd soft goal here and there) we can win a lot of games. This is exactly what we needed, three game winning streak going on the road. Tampa is playing decent hockey lately so they won’t be easy, but we are starting to really pick it up now. We struggle to put a full game together, but if we can even put together 2 strong periods we beat most teams

What a win!

Re: Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827258 is a reply to message #827257 ]
Thu, 16 November 2023 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Another great game for Skinner. Maybe Campbell was all gloom and doom and it was bringing him down because he's definitely found his game since Campbell left.

Kane was great. It's nice seeing other guys stepping up deciding they aren't going to lose this game as guys like McD and Nuge try and find their games. Hyman did it in Seattle, Leon against the Islanders, Kane last night.

I thought Nurse and Ceci was solid and have been most nights. Ceci looks like the dman that played the first year proving all the negatives he's not terrible and it was him being injured last year.

Last nights games was exhibit A of what it's like with Bouchard. I thought he was atrocious defensively. Bouchard has 7 inches and 40 lbs on Yamo and Yamo outbattled Bouchard like he was nothing on the 2-1 goal. It was pathetic. Then he was spinning circles in the corner on the 3rd goal. I thought he dragged his partner Ekholm down big time, then in the 3rd and OT he was magic offensively. If he could learn to care even 50% as much in the dzone as he does in the Ozone, he'd be unreal.

Kulak and Deharnais didn't have a great night.

The Oilers played like absolute dog crap in the 2nd, coach even said they did. But found a way to win in the 3rd. Big win.

Re: Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827259 is a reply to message #827233 ]
Thu, 16 November 2023 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Fun win last night - the last 10 minutes were great. Pretty weak showing up to that point, other than a pretty nice goal by McDavid. The team just didn't seem to get much going for a huge portion of the night. Daccord was barely tested. Game felt slow and boring for a lot of it. Then a big win.

It's a nice shift in luck - we've lost a couple games we deserved to win this year, this might have been the reverse finally where we took two points that we might not have fully deserved.

I will say, I don't like the two defenceman look to start overtime. Not sure what the point of that was, and the three of them didn't quite look like they were comfortable with it too...we were a little fortunate not to surrender something on that shift. I hope we never see that again - looked like a new coach over-thinking things a little.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827260 is a reply to message #827259 ]
Thu, 16 November 2023 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260 is currently online smyth260

No Cups

This is the justification when Knoblauch was asked:

- if you lose faceoff, you may not touch puck for a minute
- don’t want your best two offensive players playing defence for a minute
- if you win faceoff, you see a line change (likely 14 for 97)

Honestly makes a lot of sense with a bit of practice.

Clean house or bust

Re: Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827261 is a reply to message #827260 ]
Thu, 16 November 2023 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Thu, 16 November 2023 09:37

Although - that kind of makes the assumption that centers are solely responsible for winning faceoffs. I think having McDavid out there with his quickness could make the difference in a scrambled draw.

And changing in overtime is always somewhat tricky, because it can be a really quick transition. I don't like that strategy, but maybe we're going to have to get used to seeing it.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827262 is a reply to message #827260 ]
Thu, 16 November 2023 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Thu, 16 November 2023 09:37

I heard Knoblaugh's justification for starting 2 dmen and it made sense to me as well. 3 on 3 is all about having the puck. If you don't have it, it's hard to get it back. So that first draw is crucial. If you win the draw, you just circle back to your end to do a quick change, most teams circle back a lot anyway, get a forward over the boards and attack. If you lose, you are defending right away and no offense to Leon or McD, sometimes they aren't the greatest defenders.

Didn't the Oilers lose the draw? I can't remember.

Re: Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827265 is a reply to message #827262 ]
Thu, 16 November 2023 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

I’ll tell you now. If skinner keeps this up. We are a force

Re: Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827267 is a reply to message #827233 ]
Thu, 16 November 2023 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Quote:

Daniel Nugent-Bowman
@DNBsports

Oilers winger Adam Erne has been fined $2,018.23 for elbowing Kraken centre Pierre-Edouard Bellemare.

That's an oddly specific number on the fine!

Re: Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827268 is a reply to message #827267 ]
Thu, 16 November 2023 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 16 November 2023 11:24

Quote:

Daniel Nugent-Bowman
@DNBsports

Oilers winger Adam Erne has been fined $2,018.23 for elbowing Kraken centre Pierre-Edouard Bellemare.

That's an oddly specific number on the fine!

Max fine is 50% of a player's daily salary to a maximum of 10k(?). Maybe 5.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827269 is a reply to message #827233 ]
Thu, 16 November 2023 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perkele  is currently offline Perkele

No Cups

I watched the game alone up until the Kraken took the 3-1 lead and then I had seen enough and switched it off. Fortunately, my daughter came home from her own hockey practice and asked me to turn the game on. I refused at first as they were still down 3-1 and there was only about 10 min left in the third. She was persistent and even got to the point of questioning my loyalty, so I caved and put the game on just in time to see Kane get his first goal. I am obviously very happy that she talked me into it. All that just to say "you're welcome Oilers", clearly my daughter and I lending our support through the TV was just what the boys needed.

I will be sure to stick with them for the whole game against the Lightning on Saturday

#teamBath(i)robe

Re: Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827275 is a reply to message #827269 ]
Fri, 17 November 2023 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

I hope you learned your lesson and will always listen to your daughter from now on.

Re: Review: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827276 is a reply to message #827275 ]
Fri, 17 November 2023 11:34 Go to previous message
Perkele  is currently offline Perkele

No Cups

As long as she never sees this, I promise to always listen to her in the future.... at least about all things oilers....That said, my daughters (all three of them) decision making on what jerseys to buy is off the charts bad. In their lifetimes they have asked for and received jerseys for Hall (within 12 months of being traded), Eberle (within 12 months of being traded), Yakupov (enough said), Yamamoto (last seasons third jersey) and each have a McDavid. This year I have ordered a winter classic jersey for each of them so on the way we have a Bouchard, a Draisaitl and a Nugent-Hopkins. I really hope the trend of people on their jerseys being traded or complete busts doesn't continue.

#teamBath(i)robe

Previous Topic:FIRE DUSTIN SCHWARTZ
Next Topic:GDT: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca