This day on April 28
None

Happy Birthday To: Oilerfan in Tulsa, rrathel716

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827155]
Wed, 15 November 2023 02:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final (OT)
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win:   68%
Seattle to win:   32%
19 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2023-24 Regular Season
Saturday, November 11, 2023Edmonton 4 @ Seattle 1Win
Wednesday, November 15, 2023Seattle 3 @ Edmonton 4 (OT)Win
Thursday, January 18, 2024Seattle 2 @ Edmonton 4Win
Saturday, March 2, 2024Edmonton 2 @ Seattle 1Win
Home Record: 2-0-0       Road Record: 2-0-0       Overall Record: 4-0-0
Home / Road Goals For: 8/6 Total: 14
Home / Road Goals Against: 5/2 Total: 7

2022-23 Regular Season
Friday, December 30, 2022Edmonton 7 @ Seattle 2Win
Tuesday, January 3, 2023Seattle 5 @ Edmonton 2Loss
Tuesday, January 17, 2023Seattle 2 @ Edmonton 5Win
Saturday, March 18, 2023Edmonton 6 @ Seattle 4Win
Home Record: 1-1-0       Road Record: 2-0-0       Overall Record: 3-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 7/13 Total: 20
Home / Road Goals Against: 7/6 Total: 13

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827158 is a reply to message #827155 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

I want three in a row!!!

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827164 is a reply to message #827158 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

I'd like Pickard to start. The Oilers, through all their failed coaches, GMs, seasons and goalies, have this habit of running goaltenders into the ground. Then they get mad at their burnt out goalies for not being 76 game starters.

If The Knob™ can't trust Pickard, send him down and find someone that can start 30 games.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827168 is a reply to message #827164 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Looks like the demotion of Lavoie was what I thought. A paper thing designed to get as much cap space as possible.

They have put both Janmark and Holloway on LTIR. Recalled Lavoie, Erne and Broberg. I am guessing the new coach wants more options which is the reason for Erne. I would have preferred Pederson but I saw a Condors guy say he's not completely healthy yet. So they will have 13 fowards and 7 dmen.

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827169 is a reply to message #827164 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 15 November 2023 09:29

I'd like Pickard to start. The Oilers, through all their failed coaches, GMs, seasons and goalies, have this habit of running goaltenders into the ground. Then they get mad at their burnt out goalies for not being 76 game starters.

If The Knob™ can't trust Pickard, send him down and find someone that can start 30 games.

The new coach has been on the job for 4 days and your are complaining about his handling of the goalies? WOW man! icon_lol

They need to get Skinner going. They are only a month into the season. He's had time between Monday and today and then they don't play until Saturday. I hardly call that burning a goalie out with no back to backs and rest between games plus it being so early in the season.

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827173 is a reply to message #827169 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 15 November 2023 09:48

The new coach has been on the job for 4 days and your are complaining about his handling of the goalies? WOW man! icon_lol

They need to get Skinner going. They are only a month into the season. He's had time between Monday and today and then they don't play until Saturday. I hardly call that burning a goalie out with no back to backs and rest between games plus it being so early in the season.

We've all seen the pattern here. Feel free to ignore it.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827174 is a reply to message #827173 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

What pattern? Nothing's wrong anymore. 2 in a row!

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827175 is a reply to message #827174 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Dragon_Matt wrote on Wed, 15 November 2023 10:59

Of course! Dustin Schwartz (may the Schwartz be with you) has fixed Skinner. I guess Campbell was taking too much of his attention.

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827178 is a reply to message #827175 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 15 November 2023 11:01

Dragon_Matt wrote on Wed, 15 November 2023 10:59

Of course! Dustin Schwartz (may the Schwartz be with you) has fixed Skinner. I guess Campbell was taking too much of his attention.

Hey - you can't blame Schwartz for all the goalies who've failed under him! He hasn't been their only goalie coach! Maybe they all sucked before he even tried to help them? And he's not married to a Katz relative! And he has children, man!!!

Here's hoping for a good showing tonight...I do feel like this team was primed for a run of good luck and that regardless of the coaching change, they were bound to pull off a streak of wins eventually.

Only thing that's too bad is that now if they win 6 or 7 in a row, the senile GM is going to try to take credit for it.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827179 is a reply to message #827173 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 15 November 2023 10:28

I am not ignoring it. No need to be an jerk about it. I am simply saying worrying about the work load of your goalie when you have been on the job for 4 days probably isn't job #1 for the new coach. Especially since he's started 9 games and you are a month into the season and he's getting ample rest.

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827182 is a reply to message #827179 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 15 November 2023 11:36

I am not ignoring it. No need to be an jerk about it. I am simply saying worrying about the work load of your goalie when you have been on the job for 4 days probably isn't job #1 for the new coach. Especially since he's started 9 games and you are a month into the season and he's getting ample rest.

All the existing goaltending baggage is now assumed by The Knob™. His appointment to the job doesn't reset Skinner. So if the Oilers aren't going to ride Skinner for 65 games, the coach absolutely has to figure out a way to get him some bench time. Starting him 5 straight games against 4 bad teams is not a path to sustainable success especially when that guy burnt out after a heavy workload last season. If Pickard doesn't start tonight, where does the coach think he can start?

Editing to add: if goalies aren't the #1 priority for the new coach, they have to be top 2 or 3. I don't think anyone can look at this team and think the goalie box is checked.

Since this conversation has started Jack Michaels has said he expects Skinner to start tonight. It's a bad decision.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 November 2023 12:05]

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827184 is a reply to message #827182 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 15 November 2023 12:02

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 15 November 2023 11:36

All the existing goaltending baggage is now assumed by The Knob™. His appointment to the job doesn't reset Skinner. So if the Oilers aren't going to ride Skinner for 65 games, the coach absolutely has to figure out a way to get him some bench time. Starting him 5 straight games against 4 bad teams is not a path to sustainable success especially when that guy burnt out after a heavy workload last season. If Pickard doesn't start tonight, where does the coach think he can start?

Editing to add: if goalies aren't the #1 priority for the new coach, they have to be top 2 or 3. I don't think anyone can look at this team and think the goalie box is checked.

Since this conversation has started Jack Michaels has said he expects Skinner to start tonight. It's a bad decision.

I can think of one guy who might check the box!

https://i.cbc.ca/1.1604866.1379062394!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/16x9_780/mactavish-craig-940-8col.jpg

Skinner has to be at least at the Victor Fasth level, right?

I tend to agree on the workload issue. The next four games are a road trip through Florida, Tampa, Carolina and Washington. If you're not playing Pickard now, which one of those games are you comfortable throwing him in for?

After that, there's the Ducks - who are riding high - then the Golden Knights ahead of the Jets at the end of the month. There's not a lot of easier match-ups than tonight and Pickard's NHL numbers leave a lot to be desired. I don't think I want him starting his first Oilers game against the Panthers, Lightning or Golden Knights...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827187 is a reply to message #827184 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

It's just more evidence showing the incompetence of the GM. The only reason to sign an underwhelming veteran like Pickard is to play him if and when there's a goaltending crisis. He's what should be behind the emergency glass. Well, there's an emergency and the Oilers, in all their wisdom, are riding a sophomore that got tired last year and started poorly this year. If you're not playing Pickard here and they're not playing Rodriguez in Bako.. what's the outlook for the net? Eventually Skinner is going to let in 4 goals again. It's all just another sign of the conflict between what happens in the front office and what's on the ice. "Hope to win the battle, don't worry worry about the war." -The smartest men in the room, probably.

Unless he's acting as Skinner's new goaltending coach.

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827185 is a reply to message #827155 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Any reason for the 6:30 start in Edmonton?

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827186 is a reply to message #827185 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

g2k wrote on Wed, 15 November 2023 13:03

Probably for TV purposes in the US.

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827218 is a reply to message #827186 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 18:42 Go to previous message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 15 November 2023 13:05

Probably for TV purposes in the US.

Not a national game in the US. I suspect the weird start times for Monday and today are dictated by Sportsnet.

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827193 is a reply to message #827185 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I was trying to figure that out. I mean, that's only 5:30 in Seattle, so of all the games for the really early start, that's an odd choice.

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827208 is a reply to message #827193 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oiltec  is currently offline oiltec

No Cups

Beware of the Kraken.

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827209 is a reply to message #827208 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

One thing I am curious to see with the coaching staff and more specifically Coffey is if he can relate to Bouchard better than Manson did to hopefully get him to improve as a dman in the areas he's lacking. I saw an interview with Bouchard talking about the 2 coaches. Manson was a mean, nasty, tough dman and according to Bouchard, a lot of his message was how to try to make Bouchard play a lot harder. Which I agree with. I don't think it's really difficult to play defense if you don't play with a certain level of hardness. Just my opinion, but I feel like there was a level of resistance to the message from Manson. But according to Bouchard, Coffey is talking to him more about skating and puck moving which is probably more suited to how Bouchard wants to play.

So I will be curious to see if that translate more into Bouchard finding away to improve on his defense in his own zone when the message is coming from Coffey who probably played a style closer to how Bouchard plays which was more offensive.

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827210 is a reply to message #827209 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

Lots of context here. Let’s just go smash these guys and own them as usual!

5-2 oilers !

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827213 is a reply to message #827155 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Must win gauge is permanently at 11/10 until this team is at least .500 again.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15) [message #827216 is a reply to message #827155 ]
Wed, 15 November 2023 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DeZoE  is currently offline DeZoE

No Cups

I'm too late for the score prediction so I'll post it here. 7-2 good guys. They're on a tear..

I'm not wearing pants...

Previous Topic:GDT: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #15)
Next Topic:Oilers Select 1st rd (#22) - Xavier Bourgault
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca