This day on April 27
None

Happy Birthday To: chickenman23, handsmatter94, TashOiler88

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #12)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #12) [message #826832]
Thu, 09 November 2023 02:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win: 78%
San Jose to win: 22%
18 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2023-24 Regular Season
Thursday, November 9, 2023Edmonton 2 @ San Jose 3Loss
Thursday, December 28, 2023Edmonton 5 @ San Jose 0Win
Monday, April 15, 2024San Jose 2 @ Edmonton 9Win
Home Record: 1-0-0       Road Record: 1-1-0       Overall Record: 2-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 9/7 Total: 16
Home / Road Goals Against: 2/3 Total: 5

2022-23 Regular Season
Friday, January 13, 2023Edmonton 7 @ San Jose 1Win
Monday, March 20, 2023San Jose 4 @ Edmonton 5 (OT)Win
Saturday, April 8, 2023Edmonton 6 @ San Jose 1Win
Thursday, April 13, 2023San Jose 2 @ Edmonton 5Win
Home Record: 2-0-0       Road Record: 2-0-0       Overall Record: 4-0-0
Home / Road Goals For: 10/13 Total: 23
Home / Road Goals Against: 6/2 Total: 8

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #12) [message #826833 is a reply to message #826832 ]
Thu, 09 November 2023 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Big game. They absolutely need the two points and they need to win it in the 'right' way.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #12) [message #826834 is a reply to message #826833 ]
Thu, 09 November 2023 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I'm curious if Calen Addison plays tonight for the Sharks. I've had my eye on him for fantasy purposes for a year as a Evan Bouchard style offensive defenseman. I'm surprised at how low the price was for San Jose to acquire him during the last year of his entry deal. I assume they'll flip him for a third at the deadline.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 November 2023 11:12]

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #12) [message #826836 is a reply to message #826834 ]
Thu, 09 November 2023 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I am reading it will be Skinner to start which is disappointing. I would have went with Pickard in the hopes that it would cause the team to buckle down defensively wanting to protect the newly called up goalie. He would probably be excited getting his first start in a long time so making his energy would rub off on the team. Maybe you get a guy who sees this as his last chance at the NHL so he goes on a run and maybe it pushes Skinner to be better.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #12) [message #826837 is a reply to message #826836 ]
Thu, 09 November 2023 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 09 November 2023 12:16

I am reading it will be Skinner to start which is disappointing. I would have went with Pickard in the hopes that it would cause the team to buckle down defensively wanting to protect the newly called up goalie. He would probably be excited getting his first start in a long time so making his energy would rub off on the team. Maybe you get a guy who sees this as his last chance at the NHL so he goes on a run and maybe it pushes Skinner to be better.

In the goalie whisperer Dustin Schwartz we trust. The Schwartz must be strong with Skinner today. Schwartz level 7 reading from him using the Schwartzmeter.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #12) [message #826839 is a reply to message #826837 ]
Thu, 09 November 2023 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

Damn I was using my Schwartz-o-mometer. where do I get a Schwartzmeter?

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #12) [message #826840 is a reply to message #826837 ]
Thu, 09 November 2023 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 09 November 2023 12:40

In the goalie whisperer Dustin Schwartz we trust. The Schwartz must be strong with Skinner today. Schwartz level 7 reading from him using the Schwartzmeter.

The Oilers aren't good enough to think they can win against the worst team in the league without their best possible squad going. This one is a cat six on the old musty meter. Unless you think they need a major in-season overhaul to have a hope of making the playoffs, then it's a must lose. Either way, and I'll need a confirmation from the Must Czar, I think must is strong here.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #12) [message #826843 is a reply to message #826840 ]
Thu, 09 November 2023 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 09 November 2023 13:10

The Oilers aren't good enough to think they can win against the worst team in the league without their best possible squad going. This one is a cat six on the old musty meter. Unless you think they need a major in-season overhaul to have a hope of making the playoffs, then it's a must lose. Either way, and I'll need a confirmation from the Must Czar, I think must is strong here.

My soul can't take a must win 12 games in or whatever, against a shatbag hockey team, but here we are.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #12) [message #826845 is a reply to message #826843 ]
Thu, 09 November 2023 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Thu, 09 November 2023 13:33

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 09 November 2023 13:10

My soul can't take a must win 12 games in or whatever, against a shatbag hockey team, but here we are.

Your mistake was holding onto your hockey soul. You can still be hurt by the Oilers. They know it and the prey upon it.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #12) [message #826847 is a reply to message #826845 ]
Thu, 09 November 2023 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

These seem to be the lines.

McLeod – McDavid – Hyman
Holloway – Draisaitl– Foegele
Kane – RNH – Gagner
Lavoie – Hamblin – Ryan

Nurse – Ceci
Ekholm – Bouchard
Kulak – Desharnais

Skinner

[Updated on: Thu, 09 November 2023 15:45]

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #12) [message #826849 is a reply to message #826847 ]
Thu, 09 November 2023 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Ugh, 11:30pm start for me. Guess I'm skipping this one too

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #12) [message #826850 is a reply to message #826849 ]
Thu, 09 November 2023 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

Just win

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #12) [message #826852 is a reply to message #826847 ]
Thu, 09 November 2023 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 09 November 2023 15:28

McLeod – McDavid – Hyman
Kane – RNH – Gagner
Lavoie – Hamblin – Ryan

Nurse – Ceci
Ekholm – Bouchard
Kulak – Desharnais

Skinner

I thought Kane was actually being noticeable lately. Surprised to see him dropped down. McLeod getting the 1st line bump is also surprising. Guess it's show me time for Holloway. Maybe for McLeod and Holloway it's a showcase as we try to shop for a goalie?

The highest of stakes tonight. Can't imagine the shame this org will be feeling if they lose.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #12) [message #826855 is a reply to message #826852 ]
Thu, 09 November 2023 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 09 November 2023 17:31

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 09 November 2023 15:28

McLeod – McDavid – Hyman
Kane – RNH – Gagner
Lavoie – Hamblin – Ryan

Nurse – Ceci
Ekholm – Bouchard
Kulak – Desharnais

Skinner

I thought Kane was actually being noticeable lately. Surprised to see him dropped down. McLeod getting the 1st line bump is also surprising. Guess it's show me time for Holloway. Maybe for McLeod and Holloway it's a showcase as we try to shop for a goalie?

The highest of stakes tonight. Can't imagine the shame this org will be feeling if they lose.

Nuge, Kane, Gagner was the line that got the couple Gagner goals against the Stars. They were pretty good that night.

I wonder if Woody isn't trying the opposite of load up 97/29 and looking to spread out the danger over three lines as the new big play. I don't like the odds of the 4th line hitting ten minutes of ice time.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #12) [message #826856 is a reply to message #826855 ]
Thu, 09 November 2023 20:18 Go to previous message

6 Cups

I basically don’t ever want a bunch of 4th liner JAGs ever playing 10 minutes.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 November 2023 20:23]

Previous Topic:Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #12)
Next Topic:Campbell Waived
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca