This day on April 28
None

Happy Birthday To: Oilerfan in Tulsa, rrathel716

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » Should we be calling the Sens about Formenton?
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Should we be calling the Sens about Formenton? [message #826485]
Thu, 02 November 2023 18:21 Go to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

In all of the Senators debacle, there is a pretty damn talented kid that has been withering away on the sidelines in Ottawa. Alex Formenton was a beast in juniors and the WJCs and had a decent first full year with the big club. Things since then have gone completely sideways and he's been playing in Switzerland the last season and a bit.

Should Kenny make a call over there and see if they are willing to part ways with the kid to reduce the black cloud hanging over the org? I think I'd be making a call.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Should we be calling the Sens about Formenton? [message #826793 is a reply to message #826485 ]
Wed, 08 November 2023 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

HamBlaster wrote on Thu, 02 November 2023 18:21

In all of the Senators debacle, there is a pretty damn talented kid that has been withering away on the sidelines in Ottawa. Alex Formenton was a beast in juniors and the WJCs and had a decent first full year with the big club. Things since then have gone completely sideways and he's been playing in Switzerland the last season and a bit.

Should Kenny make a call over there and see if they are willing to part ways with the kid to reduce the black cloud hanging over the org? I think I'd be making a call.

I think when the 2018 WJC controversy comes to light we will see why adding him won’t help get rid of the black cloud that surrounds the Oilers.

Re: Should we be calling the Sens about Formenton? [message #826796 is a reply to message #826793 ]
Wed, 08 November 2023 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 08 November 2023 09:01

I think when the 2018 WJC controversy comes to light we will see why adding him won’t help get rid of the black cloud that surrounds the Oilers.

Yes, but the Oilers have Ken Holland in the GM's chair to handle any difficult questions that may or may not come up and that guy is bullet proof.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Should we be calling the Sens about Formenton? [message #826809 is a reply to message #826796 ]
Wed, 08 November 2023 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 08 November 2023 09:37

Yes, but the Oilers have Ken Holland in the GM's chair to handle any difficult questions that may or may not come up and that guy is bullet proof.

Uhhh …. Ummmm ….uhh. Back in Detroit ….

Re: Should we be calling the Sens about Formenton? [message #826817 is a reply to message #826796 ]
Wed, 08 November 2023 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 08 November 2023 09:37

Saw some commentary that Carter Hart has been made available by the Flyers and they're quietly letting people know that they might be willing to take on bad contracts as part of the deal.

Couldn't help but wonder why a team would be willing to trade their starting goalie who they've put 7 years in to developing and who they don't have an obvious replacement for AND be willing to take back junk for him. Maybe, just maybe there should be a flashing red BUYER BEWARE sign there because it's almost certain that they know something...

Although I believe that suspensions for off-ice behaviour are cap-exempt, sooooo...

(Thanks to DragonMatt for giving me the off-ice exemption info - and also blame him if it's wrong!)

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Should we be calling the Sens about Formenton? [message #826989 is a reply to message #826485 ]
Sun, 12 November 2023 07:30 Go to previous message
Steve  is currently offline Steve

No Cups

The Senators have avoided Formenton like the plague since the early days of the scandal becoming public. Batherson also seemed to be on the hot seat, but has been given another chance. Not Formenton. My assumption is that he was Player 1.

No thanks.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

- Calvin

Previous Topic:Phil the Thrill
Next Topic:What If Scenarios - Woodcroft Getting Fired...
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca