This day on May 2
None

Happy Birthday To: Oil Fan stuck in Cowtown, Filthy, Yozzy, oilymion, Blurr, mandingo, Smyty98

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » Ottawa Senators drama - Dorion fired
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Ottawa Senators drama - Dorion fired [message #826458]
Wed, 01 November 2023 14:04 Go to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Lots of fun happening with the Sens today

Frank Seravalli @frank_seravalli

Sources say #Sens are making change at GM position: Pierre Dorion is out after 8 seasons.

#Sens say Steve Staios takes over as interim GM.

Resigned? Fired? #Sens owner Michael Andlauer says he met with GM Pierre Dorion last night and said the penalty for forfeiture of pick should be "no less" than his job.

"This could have been avoided."

Dorion agreed and they agreed to part ways.

"Why I inherited this is beyond me," #Sens owner Michael Andlauer says of #NHL punishment and forfeiture of first-round draft pick from an incident 591 days ago some 18 months before he purchased team.

He doesn't understand why it took the league so long to render a decision.

#Sens owner Michael Andlauer says #NHL did not advise him of either investigation - botched Dadonov "no-trade" clause or Pinto sports betting incident - before he closed on purchase.

“Maybe they didn’t want to disrupt it to make sure the seller got the best price possible."

Background on the 1st round pick Ottawa lost:

More than 19 months after the NHL invalidated a trade involving the Vegas Golden Knights and Anaheim Ducks at the 2022 trade deadline, the league punished the real culprit on Wednesday: the Ottawa Senators.

The NHL announced that the Senators must forfeit a future first-round pick over the next three years for their role in the botched deal because they did not originally supply Evgenii Dadonov’s “no-trade” list to the Golden Knights upon his arrival in 2021. The Senators will be allowed to select which year the first-round pick is forfeited – one of 2024, 2025 or 2026 – and the decision must be made within 24 hours of the culmination of the Draft Lottery.

The NHL declined to comment further than the league’s brief statement. For this story, the devil is in the details, and the Golden Knights were exonerated on Wednesday.

Rest of the story with details: https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/news/nhl-slaps-ottawa-senators- with-forfeiture-of-future-first-round-pick-for-botched-dadon ov-trade

[Updated on: Wed, 01 November 2023 14:06]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Ottawa Senators drama - Dorion fired [message #826460 is a reply to message #826458 ]
Wed, 01 November 2023 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

First of all, why did it take the league almost 2 years to figure it out.

Second, would this no trade list not be filed at the NHL? I can't imagine that kind of information stays just with the team in secret. So wouldn't another team want to confirm that kind of information with the league vs counting on another team who you are in direct competition with, to supply you with everything you need to succeed over them?

Re: Ottawa Senators drama - Dorion fired [message #826461 is a reply to message #826458 ]
Wed, 01 November 2023 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 01 November 2023 14:04

... the Golden Knights were exonerated on Wednesday.

I wonder how the Knights were able to prove that they were given bad information about the tradeability of Dadonov?

I do tend to agree with the new owner that it's pretty ridiculous that the league has suddenly come forward with this punishment now. Surely they could have acted a little more promptly.

Not to mention, as I saw someone on twitterX mention earlier today, it's pretty incredible that the NHL feels that botching a no-trade clause is a much more serious offence than covering up sexual assault.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Ottawa Senators drama - Dorion fired [message #826462 is a reply to message #826461 ]
Wed, 01 November 2023 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 01 November 2023 15:07

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 01 November 2023 14:04

... the Golden Knights were exonerated on Wednesday.

I wonder how the Knights were able to prove that they were given bad information about the tradeability of Dadonov?

I do tend to agree with the new owner that it's pretty ridiculous that the league has suddenly come forward with this punishment now. Surely they could have acted a little more promptly.

Not to mention, as I saw someone on twitterX mention earlier today, it's pretty incredible that the NHL feels that botching a no-trade clause is a much more serious offence than covering up sexual assault.

Vegas likely just shows the NHL the email they got from the Sens. That part is easy. It is goofy that this took 2 years+ to resolve. I have to think there are timelines to abide by in the NHL franchise agreement. This seems like it's solved by 'future considerations'.

I'll never understand why people want corporations to be in charge of justice.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Ottawa Senators drama - Dorion fired [message #826463 is a reply to message #826461 ]
Wed, 01 November 2023 16:56 Go to previous message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 01 November 2023 14:07

Ask yourself who can punish the Ottawa Senators for violating league rules.

Ask yourself who can punish the Chicago Blackhawks for their role in a felony.

One was an issue of direct competition, and they were punished in a way that hinders their competitiveness.

The other was an internal situation only and their punishment was geared towards that. The Blackhawks personnel involved lost their jobs, cannot return to the league without Bettman’s approval, the organization was fined 2M from the NHL and who knows what else from the courts…just not comparable situations.

The league should punish these matters of cheating strictly as they are the only ones that can. But yes they should not have take so long.

[Updated on: Wed, 01 November 2023 18:55]

Clean house or bust

Previous Topic:WJC 2018 Scandal
Next Topic:Summer 2023 Signings and Trades...
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca