This day on May 6
None

Happy Birthday To: MalmoMike, roger, oilcountry, oilerfan9999, Regulator

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #5)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #826131]
Sat, 21 October 2023 22:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final (OT)

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
Congratulations to: CrusaderPi for predicting the score.

Edmonton to win:   78%
Winnipeg to win:   22%
18 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #826132 is a reply to message #826131 ]
Sat, 21 October 2023 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Lost the game and McDavid. Hope not serious. Super annoying if he has an issue rooting from when Kane totally wiped him out last game (because of what a bum Kane has been).

That was full on being outgoalied. But Helle is one of the best. Skinner with some good saves but one royal f-up.

[Updated on: Sat, 21 October 2023 22:58]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #826133 is a reply to message #826131 ]
Sat, 21 October 2023 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Nurse cashes his chips in on the Hyman rush. Just totally forgets about Namestnikov. Thankfully that Jet horribly flubbed that pass. He would have looked pretty bad if that pass connected.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #826134 is a reply to message #826131 ]
Sat, 21 October 2023 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NCREDiBLE  is currently offline NCREDiBLE

No Cups

Went on a holiday to Nova Scotia and Cape Breton. The game started at 11:30pm here and to stay up until 2 am to watch them lose again ffs.
Somethings off with this team again.

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #826137 is a reply to message #826134 ]
Sun, 22 October 2023 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

NCREDiBLE wrote on Sun, 22 October 2023 06:04

Went on a holiday to Nova Scotia and Cape Breton. The game started at 11:30pm here and to stay up until 2 am to watch them lose again ffs.

Yup. Not the same team from last year at all. Thought we would be better with Brown

Horrific so far

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #826140 is a reply to message #826134 ]
Sun, 22 October 2023 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

NCREDiBLE wrote on Sun, 22 October 2023 02:04

Welcome to my world. I didn't even bother staying up for this one. If we'd been playing well going into it I would have.

I imagine Cabot Trail is gorgeous right now.

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #826135 is a reply to message #826131 ]
Sat, 21 October 2023 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Sorry that was just lazy coverage by LD in OT. "Oh, my man is going to the net and they have the puck....go ahead while I plod". Move your fecking feet, bud,and you dont lose on that play.

Oilers hand a game away again. If Hellebuyck is in the other net stopping everything, can't do that. This game is exhibit A for a goalie win.

What a horrible start to the season for the Oilers, given where the bar is supposed to be. Who knows whats going on with McDavid I dont think hes been very good for a couple games, probably something nagging, and the Morrissey horsecollar nagged it more, then it was done deal in the 3rd.

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #826136 is a reply to message #826135 ]
Sun, 22 October 2023 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Very depressing

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #826139 is a reply to message #826136 ]
Sun, 22 October 2023 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

This team lacks an identity right now. They look lost.

In years past, if McDavid went down I wouldn't have been too worried. I felt like there was enough talent on the roster to keep the team afloat.

This roster though? Ughhhh.... who is going to elevate their game to fill the gap?

Who's honestly going hard enough and bearing down enough to be a real threat? Draisaitl is fine on offense but he's a penalty machine, Nuge is getting some chances but isn't cashing, Hyman is going ok but seems to have lost his finish completely (two shots last night where he missed the net by a country mile), Foegele is the same as Hyman, Holloway looks like he's good in the defensive zone but isn't generating anything on offense, Brown is a total dud so far, Kane is looking like a new Lucic, McLeod looks like he needs more development time in the minors again (zero threat to score and doesn't play the body at all), Ryan looks like he's lost a step and isn't a threat at all....

And don't get me started on the D. They are such a rollercoaster, one game ok and the next game a total liability.

I'm not optimistic here, folks. I don't mean to be a major Debbie Downer, but what the hell has happened to this squad?

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #826141 is a reply to message #826139 ]
Sun, 22 October 2023 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

HamBlaster wrote on Sun, 22 October 2023 15:48

This team lacks an identity right now. They look lost.

In years past, if McDavid went down I wouldn't have been too worried. I felt like there was enough talent on the roster to keep the team afloat.

This roster though? Ughhhh.... who is going to elevate their game to fill the gap?

Who's honestly going hard enough and bearing down enough to be a real threat? Draisaitl is fine on offense but he's a penalty machine, Nuge is getting some chances but isn't cashing, Hyman is going ok but seems to have lost his finish completely (two shots last night where he missed the net by a country mile), Foegele is the same as Hyman, Holloway looks like he's good in the defensive zone but isn't generating anything on offense, Brown is a total dud so far, Kane is looking like a new Lucic, McLeod looks like he needs more development time in the minors again (zero threat to score and doesn't play the body at all), Ryan looks like he's lost a step and isn't a threat at all....

And don't get me started on the D. They are such a rollercoaster, one game ok and the next game a total liability.

I'm not optimistic here, folks. I don't mean to be a major Debbie Downer, but what the hell has happened to this squad?

Well said

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #826142 is a reply to message #826131 ]
Sun, 22 October 2023 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
philly boy  is currently offline philly boy

No Cups

wake me up in April

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #826143 is a reply to message #826131 ]
Sun, 22 October 2023 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

I was at the game last night.

Phenomenal start, then leveled off. Still probably deserved a better fate, but again we were out-goaltended. Skinner again finishes below .900, and his gaffe on the second goal was costly. He was a lot better than his first couple appearances this season, but that's not saying a lot. He still wasn't matching what the guy in the far net was doing.

Kane was pretty bad again, AND threw shade in the intermission about his playing time. When he decided to fight we were up in the game, and he didn't exactly take out one of their stars. Not sure what the point of that was, other than that he was frustrated, so decided to randomly drop the gloves. I really don't like the comment though - that's pretty selfish, especially since he hasn't contributed a whole lot. Kane has a decent contract and a skillset that GMs covet. If I'm the GM, I'm including him in a whole lot of conversations right now.

I do wish we had a little more depth. If McDavid is out for any length of time, I don't know who steps up to help fill the gap. Our second line last night included Foegele - the world's worst breakaway guy and some guy who never seems to do anything of use in Janmark. Adding Erne to the lineup isn't going to make us very scary...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #826152 is a reply to message #826131 ]
Mon, 23 October 2023 12:37 Go to previous message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Funny how the Nurse pair starts playing way better, and then to match it the Bouch pair implodes.

Can only have 1 goalie playing OK at a time, and only 1 D pair too. And of course, 1 line when we stack McDrai.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #6)
Next Topic:#FireHolland
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca