This day on May 6
None

Happy Birthday To: MalmoMike, roger, oilcountry, oilerfan9999, Regulator

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #2)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #825960]
Sat, 14 October 2023 22:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   89%
Vancouver to win:   11%
18 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #825965 is a reply to message #825960 ]
Sat, 14 October 2023 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Need more powerplays.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #825966 is a reply to message #825965 ]
Sat, 14 October 2023 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

We need a goalie badly

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #825968 is a reply to message #825966 ]
Sat, 14 October 2023 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

All three goalie performances so far this season... all of them... .750 save percentage.

Amazing work between the pipes.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #825967 is a reply to message #825960 ]
Sat, 14 October 2023 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Is this teams MO going to be 97 with a head of steam through the neutral zone on the PP every season?

Sure feels like it.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #825970 is a reply to message #825967 ]
Sat, 14 October 2023 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

It's sad to see this start...

Braindead moments on D (the Nurse and Ceci brilliant play that led to the 2 on 0 was just stellar hockey IQ, especially from a guy making over $9M per season) and absolutely tragic goaltending is nullifying some really nice offensive zone pressure that we're seeing. The team is getting their chances to score, but Vancouver gets easy goal after easy goal. Lame.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #825969 is a reply to message #825960 ]
Sat, 14 October 2023 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

When you outshoot the other team by 20, you usually win.

On the one hand, it's early and you can't get too low about any single loss, and if you keep outshooting by 20, well, the odds are in your favour that you'll win a lot of games.

Buuuut...man. We need to be able to get a save.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #825971 is a reply to message #825960 ]
Sat, 14 October 2023 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NCREDiBLE  is currently offline NCREDiBLE

No Cups

Our goalies and defence needs to be fixed ASAP.
I thought Connor Brown would be more effective.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #825974 is a reply to message #825960 ]
Sat, 14 October 2023 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Skinner looks nothing like rookie Skinner anymore. His movement and just general effort level looks really bad. I hope we don't have to add him to the list of goalies who we've broken down.

Campbell again now?

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #825975 is a reply to message #825974 ]
Sat, 14 October 2023 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 14 October 2023 23:14

Skinner looks nothing like rookie Skinner anymore. His movement and just general effort level looks really bad. I hope we don't have to add him to the list of goalies who we've broken down.

Campbell again now?

The only way I could see Skinner starting the next game is if Campbell tweaks something in practice.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #825978 is a reply to message #825975 ]
Sat, 14 October 2023 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Sat, 14 October 2023 23:16

Campbell again now?

The only way I could see Skinner starting the next game is if Campbell tweaks something in practice.

Can we quickly break him down too though, with some leaving guys wide open around the net for tips and 2 on 0's?

I'm gonna be very scared of what Holland does to try to fix goaltending with zero cap space if he gets the order from above.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #825980 is a reply to message #825975 ]
Sat, 14 October 2023 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

No Cups

Campbell again now?

Nurses contract is maybe the worst in the league. If the Oilers don't cash in on this window with 29/97 that signing is going to be one of the biggest reasons why. It's GM firingly bad.

I've never understood the love for Skinner. I wish I was wrong about this but I don't see it.

29 creating chances everywhere.

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #825981 is a reply to message #825980 ]
Sat, 14 October 2023 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Jay wrote on Sat, 14 October 2023 23:31

Campbell again now?

Nurses contract is maybe the worst in the league. If the Oilers don't cash in on this window with 29/97 that signing is going to be one of the biggest reasons why. It's GM firingly bad.

I've never understood the love for Skinner. I wish I was wrong about this but I don't see it.

29 creating chances everywhere.

Nurse would look a lot better if he had a D partner that just committed to hanging back.

Sounds dumb that a 9.25M D needs a babysitter, but it is what it is. We are married to Nurse for the rest of McDrai's years here, so get a D that will stick to defending with him. Just going to be endless pain if Ceci keeps trying to be a Nurse wannabe chasing players and jumping up into plays like a dope with his stone hands.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #825989 is a reply to message #825981 ]
Tue, 17 October 2023 12:09 Go to previous message
RDOilerfan is currently online RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I took my youngest to the home opener. I thought the Oilers were the better team for the large majority of the game. When you outshoot the team 40-16 and from what I have read, they had the superior numbers for pretty much everything, you should win.

I think the could use a a few saves. I thought the Oilers had the second best goalie once again and it wasn't close. Desmith made all the saves he should have plus multiple saves he maybe shouldn't have. It's the NHL, goalies are supposed to make several great saves a game. The Canucks for a lot, the Oilers none. That was the difference in the game.

The Oilers defense as a whole unit really needed to work on being harder in front of their net. Just standing there beside a guy not tying him up or anything, really does nothing. Tie up a stick, push a dman out of the way. Do something!

I found the Oilers OK defense for the most part but when they make a mistake, it's a 10 bell one. I thought Nurse had a pretty good game EXCEPT for the 10 bell, beyond dumb mistake he made on the Canucks 3rd goal. Mistakes will happen but if they should just eliminate the 10 bell mistakes and turn them into 4-5 bell, they will be fine.

[Updated on: Tue, 17 October 2023 12:37]

Previous Topic:GDT: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #2)
Next Topic:Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #2)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca