Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Brandon Sutter signed to PTO
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Brandon Sutter signed to PTO [message #825203]
Wed, 09 August 2023 07:41 Go to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

I've always liked him as a player.
Been out the past couple of seasons with long covid though. Between that & his age I'm not sure how much he has left in the tank, but we'll see what happens at training camp. If he can still play he's not a bad option at 4C

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Brandon Sutter signed to PTO [message #825205 is a reply to message #825203 ]
Wed, 09 August 2023 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Wed, 09 August 2023 07:41

Been out the past couple of seasons with long covid though. Between that & his age I'm not sure how much he has left in the tank, but we'll see what happens at training camp. If he can still play he's not a bad option at 4C

Is this a new record for the earliest signed PTO? Seems like usually these don't get announced until September, not early August!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Brandon Sutter signed to PTO [message #825206 is a reply to message #825203 ]
Wed, 09 August 2023 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Wed, 09 August 2023 06:41

He's had a couple sports hernias prior to his latest hiatus, likely greatly impacted his game during, been away from hockey 2 seasons, hopefully healed up now, he was always a smart 2-way player, with size, if he has the wheels back he'd be a decent low-risk addition at 4C, replacement for Bjugstad.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Brandon Sutter signed to PTO [message #825207 is a reply to message #825203 ]
Wed, 09 August 2023 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260 is currently online smyth260

No Cups

Lotta other players I’d sooner see on a PTO. You know, players who have played hockey recently.

So early, so weird.

Clean house or bust

Re: Brandon Sutter signed to PTO [message #825208 is a reply to message #825207 ]
Wed, 09 August 2023 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

yeah, but whatevs. PTO costs us nothing. At least Holland can't make it 2 years.

Re: Brandon Sutter signed to PTO [message #825209 is a reply to message #825208 ]
Wed, 09 August 2023 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Dragon_Matt wrote on Wed, 09 August 2023 13:38

yeah, but whatevs. PTO costs us nothing. At least Holland can't make it 2 years.

The only thing I don't like about PTOs is they're used to hit games played minimums thereby justifying the wildly useless extended preseason schedule. I don't mind guys getting the chance to prepare more for a last chance at a contract.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Brandon Sutter signed to PTO [message #825225 is a reply to message #825209 ]
Mon, 14 August 2023 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I don't have an issue with Sutter on a PTO. On paper he checks boxes. A bottom 6, right shot center with some size and experience, that can play on your PK and win some faceoffs. If he is your 4th line center or an extra forward, I would take that all day. The big question will be where he is at hockey and conditioning wise due to long Covid. But if he can play, great. Zero risk here.

Re: Brandon Sutter signed to PTO [message #825230 is a reply to message #825203 ]
Mon, 14 August 2023 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

It is odd timing, but I would not be surprised that Sutter did not have teams rushing to his door and this was a player/agent working hard for a second NHL opportunity. For a player in his position it probably was in his best interest to find an NHL rink early.

Zero risk.

Re: Brandon Sutter signed to PTO [message #825660 is a reply to message #825203 ]
Sun, 01 October 2023 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

No Cups

Well that dream is over. Too bad it's over for him, but when you're done, you're done.

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/release-oilers-release-brand on-sutter-from-professional-tryout

Oilers release Brandon Sutter from professional tryout. The veteran forward also announced his retirement on Sunday following a 770-game NHL career that spanned 13 seasons

[Updated on: Sun, 01 October 2023 15:16]

Re: Brandon Sutter signed to PTO [message #825661 is a reply to message #825660 ]
Mon, 02 October 2023 08:09 Go to previous message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Too bad for Sutter. On paper he is what the Oilers need as a 4th line center but unfortunately Covid took the last part of his career.

Previous Topic:Oilers select 5th rd (#138) - Maksim Berezkin
Next Topic:Ring of Honour Oilers - Huddy & Weight
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca